Obagi Nu-Derm Reviews

Brand: Obagi

Obagi Nu-Derm

Brilliant‼�

I have been using their products for just over 3 months now and I would say that it iss the best £300 I've ever spent. I no longer have breakouts after years of getting spots on my cheek. I use to use Anti blemish products by Clinique which never did nothing for my skin🙈. I will now go onto using Nu Derm, to get rid of my pigmentation from where the spots have left marks on my skin. I would recommend that people suffering from acne give these products a try. I did and have absolutely no regrets.. When you start using the products your skin will feel a little bit itchy but that's just where your skin is shedding and new skin is forming. People now look at me and ask me if I've been on holiday lol, also telling me I look younger 😳😀🙈, and what have I done. Guess it's that new skin giving me that new glow lol. Very happy with the Obargi Medical products ��👌���

Hi deedee, can I ask what system you used? My dermatologist prescribed me the obagi crx system but I'm worried it won't work in my spots and bumpy skin texture. I also have hyperpigmentation :(

Great for brown spots

I've been lucky (not really) to have to deal with acne and also with melasma. Obagi is pricey but certainly helps improve my melasma by a long shot! I just purchase steps 3,4,5. Also make sure you are using retin a with obagi. I do not know how this works for acne prone skin but if you are trying to get rid of melasma or hyperpigmentation then give this stuff a try! I would suggest using once your skin is basically acne free.

Comments

Obagi is awful, overpriced and pointless.

One cream (Tret) was benificial overpriced does nothing to scars or blemishes whatsoever Time consuming for no result I have been on the three cream treatment for the use on scars and current acne for 4 months. I was patient and shouldn't have been. Only one cream has actually benefited me and that is the smaller tube. (Tret) Saying that I still believe this is overpriced but it has reduced my current acne and works well on large spots. As for the other two creams they are an absolute rip off and haven't made any difference to me whatsoever it has made my face more red and brought out more scarring. All in all do not waste your money or time.

Worth Trying!

great when used with Clarisonic brought the best skin to the fore could not fix my deep cysts I think Obagi can definitely help a lot of people - look at these reviews. It's good for sun damage and scarred skin. It did help me at times and I will go back to it. I think it can even help some people with cystic acne. It wouldn't hold a candle to my deep cysts, though, as nothing topical will. That said, the cleanser combined with the toner is still good, potent stuff. Used with my Clarisonic, it kept the clear areas of my face looking good, and weirdly, I think it made the bad spots look as good as they could. I imagine that with consistent use this will yield the best results if I'm ever out of the woods with these deep cysts. Bottom line: just try it.

Guest Seree
Guest Seree

Clears up acne Removes dark spots and pigment issues odorless worth every penny I was suffering from moderate acne, I was now trying a third dermatologist in which he recommended obagi. Best thing I ever did, in an ideal world i would of got flawless skin in 2 weeks, but that didnt happen...lol....The Dr told me skin regenerates in 3 months and that how long it too for me to have flawless skin. i did see improvement in about 4-5 weeks. The Dr gave me an exfoliating pad that you can buy from any drug store to use along with my cleanser. This is the reason that I didnt really experience peeling. He gave me different products from the obagi lines to taylor make the kit for my skin, he focused on the acne and said we would worry about the spots later. Luckily the regimen fixed both problems at the same time. He gave me the clenziderm acne clenser, tretenion 0.05%, Nu Derm moisterizer and Obagi-C sunblock spf 30. I used thes products day and night (sunscreen only in the daytime) and now I am proud not to wear make up, I can remember ever having such nice skin. I strongly recommend this product. It seems costly up front but my kit last over for months a little goes such a long way. If you divide what you pay buy the time frame it last its the price of over the counter products. and the good part it you would have to buy all the parts at once when you are replenishing it, which makes it more affordable.

Comments

Removes huge blemishes. You will see results in 2 months. Trust me. Wear no makeup girls. If you want to see results don't wear makeup while in this process, also follow intrucions! I love this stuff. (: IT REMOVED ALL MY ACNE. I had acne for 2 years and it removed. It peels. But the peeling means that its killing all the bad skin cells. Number 3 might burn on the first days. BUT EVERYTHIGN ELSE IS PERFECT! Try to drink waterrr. No makeup. Wash your face 2 times a day only.

Comments

- Works very well during your first time use. - Clears acne - Reduces blemishes - Not good for long term. Your skin colour may darken or redden if you use it for too long - Acne may come back after stop using. - Smell Everyone's skin is different, but for me Obagi was great but with undesired consequences. I do know its effect inside out though. I first used it exactly two years ago. I was desperate for acne treatment because I've tried so many yet none worked. After my doctor told me for years that "it will eventually fade as I age" I guess he felt bad for me because it was worsening. So he gave me Obagi Clenziderm (Normal to Dry). My face is very oily but he said this will do for my first use since it is very strong. During the first few weeks, my skin was crazy. It was extremely red, dry, flaky, and I just wanted to stop using it. But I knew patience was required from experience. So about a month or so later, it started to work. Other people noticed before I did. They complimented my skin! It never happened since I was a kid! Luckily it was during the summer when I didn't have to study. So stress was reduced, increasing its effect. By the time summer was over (3-4 months later), my skin cleared up so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy! No breakouts, and the blemishes were fading!!! After about 8-9 months, my skin was really cleared up and I was satisfied enough to stop using it. But after I stopped, little bits of acne came back and months later, extreme hot and humid weather made my skin horrible so I used Obagi again. But when I reused it, it had little or no effect. In fact, it darkened my skin and now I'm horrified by my changed skin colour... I stopped using it about a month ago, but I started using it again because it's still the most effective for me to clear up big acnes. It's red all over again because my skin's not used to it any more. So I'm debating whether I should continue or not at the moment. My doctor prescribed me clindamycin and differin today, so maybe I'll switch over to them which I have never used yet. So just don't use it in the long term, b/c it still works!!!

Guest Michele
Guest Michele

This product works no matter your age! This product can be a little pricey but you can find it on E-Bay for around $22 each item. I'm a 41 yr old female. I started using this about 4 years ago. I've always had problems with acne and it made me vary self conscious about my face. Around the same time my son (15) started getting acne. I was very concerned that he'd start feeling the same way about his face so I introduced the product to him. His face cleared so fast and his skin looked so good that his friends at school started asking what he was using. H'e now 18 and has great skin, smooth & acne free. Now my 13 yr old is using it. I've never been able to find a better product and I'm sure we'll continue to be an Obagi family for years to come.

Guest Marie
Guest Marie

Three step system, easy to use, and gentle on the skin. No peeling, drying, or excessive burning. Clears acne scars and diminishes pore size. Make-up goes on more smoothly. None thus far. I've struggled with adult cyctic acne since my late teens to early twenties. I am in my late twenties now and it is difficult to find products for young/semi-aging skin. I have tried Proactive, Oil of Olay, and Nuetragena. Those products only treated my skin for a few weeks and stopped working. I highly recommended this product because it combines the perfect amount of acne treatment and mositurizer to protect skin. The cleanser is gentle and leaves my skin clean. The therapeutic lotion contains 5% benzoyl peroxide which targets acne (such as mine, cystic). Finally the soothing moisturizer has 20% glycerin (which most other acne products tends to take out of their prodcuts and replace with chemicals) which creates a shield to soothe and protect my skin. If you are tired of spending extra time getting ready to 'cover' your skin or worrying about your skin, consider this product. I am a busy woman,and the last thing I need to worry about is my skin. The best compliment came from my husband; when he told me how beatiful my skin looks. :o) Give Obagi a try for your skin and peace of mind.

Guest Robin
Guest Robin

Cleared up my acne in a couple of weeks and I haven't had any since. I've struggled with acne for 12 years. I thought that nothing would work. This is the ONLY product that has worked so consistently. I have nothing bad to say. Through the years I tried Proactiv, Oil of Olay products, Neutrogena, and on and on. Some would work for a couple of weeks, but, nothing really helped the texture of my skin or really truly got rid of acne all together. I had a real problem with cysts and I would constantly be picking at my face. It wasn't until last fall that my Mom took me for a facial and they suggested the Obagi Clenziderm system. It's 3 products. I've found it online for cheaper than buying it at a Spa. It is well worth the money. I don't worry about my skin anymore. I look great. I wanted to write a review, because I used to comb these reviews looking for answers for what would work and this product has most certainly worked for me. I hope it can help someone else too!

Comments

-Clears acne scars -Reduces cystic acne -Pricey -Excessive drying/peeling with first couple of days -Burns in the beginning I was recommended by my dermatologist to try the Obagi Clenziderm products and at first, I was hesitant to try it because it is a little pricey and I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I have severe acne and have tried everything from ProActiv, Murad, Nanocleanse, whatever is out there, I've probably tried it. However, I was pleased with the results after using Obagi for only one month. It has completely cleared my cystic acne and is also reducing my acne scars. I have the scars which caused tiny holes in my face, and after a month, it has turned nearly smooth. It is the only product that has worked for me in clearing my skin in such a short period of time. Although, I recommend using an exfoliator while using these products to help get rid of the dead skin. Hope it works for you!

Comments

It started removing the dark spots created by skin damage almost immediately. The tightening and overall look of my skin has improved 75%. I have broken out in tiny bumps on my cheeks that are creating more dark patches on my face. I am 36 years old and caucasian, I have been on the system for 13 weeks with retin-a and I never really peeled or had a bad reaction and I expected that my sensitive skin would react poorly. I think it would have worked wonders if I was able to control the breakouts. I should mention at about the week 8 mark my skin was perfect the breakouts were gone and the spots were gone for about a week. Then, I had a very stressful and sweaty day and my face broke out the next day and now at week 13 I am covered in tiny bumps and dark spots again and still using the product till I reach the 18 week mark the derm recommended. I think the effectiveness of this product depends on your skin type and any pre existing conditions that may not be corrected by this product.

Guest De
Guest De

REALLY REDUCES CYSTIC ACNE gives me blackheads :( red skin. I get really big deep cystic acne so I have been using this for about a month and it has just about gotten rid of cystic acne! YAY!!! However now I have lots of little blackheads :( I had never gotten these before. However I guess I would rather have some blackheads than giant inflamed bump on my face that will scar it all up. Only thing I don't get is how this is supposed to take the red out of skin if my skin is very red from product use.

Guest millie
Guest millie

Within the first week my skin felt so smooth. It really reduced the hard bumps. Within two weeks I noticed a really big difference. If I did get a bump here or there is faded FAST. I am 5 months pregnant and my doctor totally approved this product. Acne has been a problem through-out my pregnancy so far. I am on week three, and I am starting to break out again...so we shall see, but I am going to stick to it. It has not helped with my black heads at all. If I use a lot of step 3 (normal to oily skin line) I look like my face is on fire. It burns and leaves me very red. So far, even with the redness and burning..it has helped more than hurt. My doctor approved it for pregnancy..just keeping fingers crossed it continues to help.

Guest Brooke Cloud
Guest Brooke Cloud

It actually works! I have been using it for about 2 weeks and I am almost flawless! :)) My cousins have been using it long-term, and nothing horrible has happened to them. I had pretty severe blackheads on my forhead and chin and they're clear! It sort of burns until your skin gets use to the product! It's so worth it!! I would recommend it!! :)) And I'm sorry if it doesn't work with you, just smile and try something new!

Comments

it works fades scars smells natural nothing its cleared up my skin great. my dermatologist recommended it to me considering i have very oily skin but gave me the normal to dry, and yet it still worked. i was skeptical at first especially because i have extremley oily skin and used the dry skin system. I am going to try the oily skin system and see was happens but i am definitly using this product again.

Guest Holly
Guest Holly

-smooth skin -nice fragrance -clears some types of acne -expensive -very drying the first few weeks -doesn't exfoliate I decided to try after proactiv wasn't clearning my face to the extent I wanted. At first, you will notice your face is extremely dry after washing your face. This should only last a few weeks and then your skin will get used to it. A few weeks after using it, my face became extremely oily during the day during the purging phase but returned to normal a week after. It began to clear up the acne on my forehead but gave me cystic acne on my cheeks where I never had them before while on proactiv. I'm thinking about using this on the top of my face and proactiv on the bottom half. I seem to need a more exfoliating cleanser for my cheeks. This product contains harsh chemicals so I wouldn't recommend it for longterm. I started using MANUKA HONEY 12+ on my face and it is now clearing up and my scars are almost completely gone after 3 days.

Guest Michelle Monroy
Guest Michelle Monroy

OBAGI NU DERM: made my cheeks smoother and got rid of some acne scars caused darkness and peeling around my lip area and chin which was not even the area where I had acne scars but NOW I do! EXPENSIVE and not worth your money Dont buy it! It caused me darkness in my skin and helped very little. I was better of spending my money to but make up and conceal my scars than attempring to hide it which in my case it just made it worst!

Comments

use Obagi clear , basic , 1 percent retin a , cleanser and toner. you must use products religiously and get through the burning and peeling , first three months or so depending on persons skin type. I used evenings only , did not apply during the day. see above....There will always be some peeling which I control with a damp washcloth , I try to avoid moisturizers as they are counter productive to the treatment once your skin gets accustomed to the product , just keep on using it, dont stop , this product is THE FINEST IN THE WORLD for controlling acne , tightening, controlling melasma,and smoothing the skin. Changes the molecular structure of the skin for the better , but it is a difficult product to use for the first three months but once you get past the breakin period your on yur way to terrific skin .

Guest Dee
Guest Dee

leaves skin smooth, controls acne and prevents scabbing picking at acne Pricey ABout 3 years ago my skin went crazy with acne. I tried proactive but that stopped working, clindamycin, antibiotics, dermatiologist visits and facials but nothing got mu acen under control. What i used prior left my skin congested, bumpy, dry and covered with post acne hyperpigmentation. The obagi system works! Just started on 1st May and I can already see a difference in my skin tone! I use the Obagic 3 step clenziderm during the day and the Obagi clear with retin a at night. Plus i now drink plenty of water. Its just been 2 days and i can see improvement in my skin tone. I will post an update after some weeks have passed.

Popular All-over treatments