nuvaring Monthly Contraceptive

nuvaring Monthly Contraceptive Reviews

Brand: nuvaring

Life-changing

The Short Version: I love the NuvaRing. It took 3 months to work, but now my skin is clearer than it's ever been. Try it! The Long Version: I've had moderate-severe cystic acne since 7th grade. For 8 years I struggled with giant cysts on my chin and forehead, plenty of red, angry acne scars, and countless prescriptions. Antibiotics worked to control it a little, but at best I was down to 2 or 3 cysts a week and was slowly killing off my good bacteria in my gut. I tried Ortho Tri-Cyclen which was a DISASTER, so I was tentative to try NuvaRing too. But I'm so glad I did. The first month was rough - I definitely had more acne and I was coming off of the antibiotics at the same time, which made it even worse. But I just started month 4, and my skin is clearer than it's been since middle school. No cysts, a handful of blackheads, and ... that's IT. I'm amazed. Definitely try this product if you have hormonal cystic acne -- it's different for everyone, but NuvaRIng worked great for me.

Comments

NuvaRing and acne

easy to use low maintenance gave me acne Risk of blood clots I give this three stars only because it was easy to use. I seriously forgot I was even using it. BUT, (i'm pretty sure) it gave me acne. I just started this two and a half weeks ago and have been having the worst break out of my life. I usually never have to put anything on my face other than lotion, but now I am using BP and clindamycin (which is hell honestly) to try to clear up what I'm assuming the NuvaRing did to my face.

did you stay on the NuvaRing and if so, was it just an initial breakout?