Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel

No stars

I used this for a while after I had tried everything else I had ever heard of. Neutrogena was supposed to be this trusted brand, but I guess you should not expect a lot from something that is sold in the drug store. My bad and their good marketing, right? Long story short - the good points: the cost. Can’t beat it. That is it for the good points. AHAHAHAH But if you want results, I would try something else. It irritated my skin and made my blemishes actually more evident because they were red and inflamed after use. I would recommend the stuff I use now instead - it is a medicated sulfur mask from Ninja. I heard about it from a co-worker and it really has been effective for me. Pretty low cost and great to use as a mask when you have time (I find I can only do it like twice a week because I am too tired at night) or as a spot treatment right before bed. It has lasted me about 2 months and I am about ready to order a new one. Great results for the cost.

Not For Sensitive Skin

I never considered myself to have sensitive skin until I tried this product. It made my skin very hot and itchy, and the area around my eyes stung from where my moisturizer had spread it. My skin was already fragile as I was recovering from a breakout, so it only caused me to breakout again in tiny, painful pimples. Apparently for some people this works?? I wouldn't use it if you're even a little bit sensitive.

Guest Kim
Guest Kim

Nothing. Contains witch hazel, an irritant. Didn't do anything for existing pimples Made me break out. This product is horrible. It irritates my skin and makes me break out. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has sensitive skin for this reason. I'm not sure if it's the witch hazel or other ingredients in this product but it irritated my skin and made my acne worse than it was before. I do like the rapid clear lotion, but the gel is the worst!

Comments

-reduced pimple size -stop new forming pimples -not expensive -works -stings (a little but tolerable) -small I have only had this for a few days, but i must say it is working well. I'm a pimple popper so it does sting when i put it on an open pimple, but its is done within a second. I read the reviews on here and decided to give it a try and i'm very pleased. It is reducing my pimples but it made them kinda like hard scabs, but they are much MUCH less noticeable. I am defiantly going to try the entire rapid clear line.

Guest yahooie
Guest yahooie

Small, portable tube size, a little goes a long way, pleasant smell. Slight tingling/stinging on affected areas, but this is pretty minor unless you're super-spleeny. I am a female, in my mid-30's, and have begun to have a frequent cycle of breakouts on my chin and jawline. This has gone on for the last several months, and it's making me NUTS. Gotta love middle-age hormone changes!!! Since the skin on my face has begun to go haywire recently, I thought it was time to add something new into my regimen to unclog what appear to be congested, unhappy pores. After washing my face, morning and night, I applied the spot gel sparingly to the affected areas with a Q-tip. The resulting tingling wasn't unpleasant; it was rather satisfying, as it told me the medication was sinking in where it needed to, and the tingling only lasted briefly. Once morning came, I noticed that the blemishes had shrunken considerably, and had dried up some! YAY! Thank goodness! Finally, I'd say: Give this stuff a whirl, what have you got to lose?

Guest BW
Guest BW

A very small stinging sinsation proves it is cleaning bacteria, unlike on the spot reddens surronding skin very very very slightly (not noticeably to others, only you because you observed the change) Try it, it may not work for you, but I payed 4 dollars, and it was totally worth it! If you have have an extremly low tolerence for pain, I mean the slightest splinter or pinch would make you cry, this isn't for you because of the feeling you get when it cleans. The feeling is sort of like hydrogen proxide when it cleans open cuts, except it doesn't last as long.

Guest Jess
Guest Jess

It works very well. I had heaps of pimples on my forehead and everytime I put it on it looks a lot clearer. If I don't it just makes it worse then. It may sting as it can touch exposed skin. And the product is a small amount. I don't know how everyone is complaining but the product is great. It's probably a bit expensive but the product shows amazing results. You should definitely try it. Also if you get it in the Girlfriend magazine atm, it's free.

Guest jessi
Guest jessi

it works well, it has some healing aloes, its not so intense, it doesn't make my skin react you have to use A LOT and OFTEN for it to work well, not good for open pores/zits i like this a lot, but i have to put on a fair amount every few hours for it to work. if you have a sudden breakout, this is great!

Comments

Clear it wakes up smaller pimples, dries up skin, and leaves scars which usually take about 2 weeks to clear up dont buy it unless you really need to dry ur pimple, use benozyl peroxide instead.

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

reduces the size of pimple, typically keeps it from increasing in size. Does not completely vanish pimple, takes more than eight hours. This product may not vanish all of your pimples, but it will atleast help all of them. It isn't too expensive and if you don't like it then you could always try to email neutrogena for a coupon for another product or money back. So you could atleast try and see how it goes.

Guest Laura
Guest Laura

To be honest, I can't say there are any. I found this product actually worsened the pimples. I usually have fairly clear skin, but get the odd breakout(one or two pimples) here and there. I used this product and actually woke up with smaller pimples around the ones I was initially treating! Bottom line is, this product is all marketing. With is saying that it can treat a pimple in eight hours it wheels buyers in. Reality is, cheaper products like Clearasil and Oxy work ALOT better with less irritation and no new breakouts after using it. I will not buy this product ever again, now I'm playing catch up with my skin trying to treat the new breakouts that it caused.

Guest Allie
Guest Allie

can be worn under makeup burns irritating My skin is almost always perfect, but I recently had my very first major breakout. (about 3 very large, red pimples) I tried using this problem to get rid of them. The first thing I noticed was that it burns upon application and for about 30 seconds afterward. (I have very sensitive skin) I liked how I could wear makeup on top of it, and I could go out in public while wearing it even without makeup. (it was a little shiny, but not noticeable) After a few days of wearing it, I noticed that the area of skin in which I had been treating were getting more and more red, and felt hot all of the time. My skin definitely did not react well with the product, and the skin on my cheeks is very red and sensitive. The pimples I treated seem redder, and more irritated than before, and I have several smaller pimples that weren't there before. Definately not for me.

Comments

Reduces appearance of pimples, can be covered with makeup within minutes Doesn't prevent new acne, doesn't treat blackheads or skin roughness. I have used this for only a day and already many of my pimples are smaller or completely gone! Very easy to use and is very discreet: I put it on in the morning and was able to put makeup overtop soon after. I'll see how it works in the long term, but definitely TRY IT!

Guest Cj
Guest Cj

Clears up problem areas quickly and painlessly, is considerably affordable - if it works for your skin, dries quickly and doesn't rub off easily! May leave marks on sensitive skin, may sting on open sores, and doesn't treat blackheads You have to try it - and use it more than a day or two for it to take effect - what do you have to lose? Also, it may not works for your skin type!

Popular Over-the-counter treatments