Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion

Eh?

This didn't change my skin very much. It did help, but I wanted completely clear skin. It didn't clear a pimple in 8 hours- sad, I know, since there were at least 100 times when I needed that- and it wasn't as effective as I hoped. But, it did smell nice. Kind of citrusy?

User434294

Great Product.

With just two months of consistent use, this lotion has cleared my acne. My face is now clear and smooth. Initially I used it twice every day, but after I started clearing up, I changed to once a day (only at night). I'd recommend it to anyone with mild to moderate acne.

Works well for teens

Good for teens not for adult acne This is the only thing that worked for me when I started breaking out after puberty. I had tried every product and repeatedly went back to this. It helped keep my acne at bay until around my period, I would still break out again. However, I don't think it does much for adult acne.

Comments

Its heals Refrains Cleans And it makes my skin smooth None Im a teen and pimples are the worst things in a teens life but then my mom told me to use hers and my skin has been great! And it's only been about 5 days

Comments

Prevents breakouts. Doesn't dry out my skin. Softens my skin. NOTHING. It's an AMAZING product. I think everyone should try it. It works really well, it clears my breakouts fast, gets rid of redness has a nice smell to it, and overall it's a great product! It's the best acne lotion I've ever used so far and I'll continue using it :)

Guest Natalie
Guest Natalie

Made skin really smooth, improved my acne, I now have less redness & I'm less oily during the day none I LOVE this lotion! It has done wonders for my skin. My acne is not gone, but way improved since I started using this 2 months ago. I had very irritated skin when I started using this, peeling, acne, redness....this evened my skin out, and reduced my acne! Give it a try!

Comments

-makes skin soft&smooth -pleasant smell -prevents pimples -gets rid of redness really good! none really. I love this(: it makes my skin uber soft and smooth and really does help prevent,&treat pimples. Gets rid of facial redness pretty quick. Its just really hard to find a good moistuizer for acne prone skin that wont make me oily/breakout. I have clear skin right now(has been for months and im SO happy!) and this is part of the reason. <3

Guest Hil
Guest Hil

I used this lotion along with The Neutrogena Rapid Clear face wash and the sunscreen. I started using it 3 months ago and now my face is almost perfectly clear :) No cons really, its kind of exspensive. Im not completely sure if it was the neutrogena, or my birth control patch kicked in and cleared my face up, because i had started that 5 months ago.. But my face is really clear now and I dont have to wear tons of conceler ! I really think this product works

Comments

Light, nice fragrance. Really softened my face. Seems to work!! Really small bottle. Not carried at Target. I have been using this product for a week now and I have not gotten one new pimple since then. It has cleared up my existing pimples and makes my face feel really soft and not greasy. Love it so far!!

-10

None This is NOT, I repeat NOT for sensitive skin!! I have sensitive combination skin. The first couple of days I used it, I liked it, but wondered why the shine control didn't really work. However, after about a week, I had a reeeeeeeaaaally bad allergic reaction to it. My normally pale skin swelled up and turned red. My face got shiny within minutes of using this product!!! Don't use this if you have sensitive skin!!!! DON'T BUY IF YOUR SKIN IS SENSITIVE!!!!!!

Comments

keeps skin from getting oily all day doesn't clear or prevent acne this doesnt clear up acne, but it keeps skin from getting oily, so its great in the summer. I use this with an acne wash even night, and it doesnt dry out my face at all. I also have oily skin, and this took away all the extra shine!

Guest Mindy
Guest Mindy

It's AWESOME! It soothes the skin and removes dead skin cells. none :D This is GREAT! I have been dealing with acne for about 8 years and there have been some ups and downs on the products I've experimented with. I would only recommend this the product to be used the way I use it for max. benefits: Use this during the day and at night use BP (benzoyl peroxide). Before using this lotion I only used BP and although that worked great for about a month the excessive dryness actually caused more and larger bumps. I am very sensitive so its been way to hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't cause breakouts. Finally I found this lotion which moisturizes.. exfoliates and contains 2% salicylic acid which unclogs pores ..prevents blemishes..and also helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles!!! Oh and also.....NOTE: ONLY use neutrogena rapid clear acne defense face LOTION NOT GEL!!!.....the gel is not good!

Guest Kim
Guest Kim

Not sure if it works in 8 hours, but this product was the only thing that has noticeably improved my acne. Small bottle. Product was discontinued in my area :( This was the only product that has worked for me! I have used this in conjunction with Neutrogena's on-the-spot BP cream for maximum effect, but the lotion does work great on its own. I thought my acne was impossible to get rid of until I bought this lotion on a whim about six months ago. Now after my skin is clear I am finding that no stores in my area stock this stuff! Switching to another similar looking Neutrogena acne lotion made breakouts return full force in a matter of 2-3 days. I wish I could find this locally again, I hate to have to order it online. The stuff is pricey enough as it is. If you can find this lotion I would recommend buying some. Be patient and in a month or so your skin will look much better. Size and frequency of acne is greatly reduced (I am referring to cysts, I don't get many blackheads) and scars and skin tone also improve!

Popular All-over treatments