Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser

???

Clears acne short time smells great Dries skin I used this twice a day for about 3 days until my skin suddenly got really REALLY dry and painful, however it made my acne alot better, i would recommend using this product once a day maybe every other day

Comments

* clears up acne * skin is soft * takes away redness * can't be used alone * sometimes a bit drying When I first used this, I had moderately severe acne. The first time I washed with this cleanser, like 10 minutes later it turned my combo dry skin into an oily mess. I then decided to use a toner. I used the Mario Badescu cucumber lotion. These two products together work amazingly for my skin! whenever my skin would get dry, i would use the neutrogena naturals night cream. and i would use tea tree oil as a spot treatment. i now have light acne (i still have some acne because of my teenage hormones)

Comments

Smells nice Extremely drying I have only used this product for maybe two weeks and today I have severe flaky skin due to the extreme dryness due to this cleanser. I didn't realize how bad it was this morning until I got in the natural sunlight and with my make up on. I have been on some pretty hefty prescriptions for my acne and face and nothing has ever had the effects of drying out my skin like this product. I also have oily skin, so typically I appreciate a drying of some sort, but definitely not this drying!

Comments

nothing at all caused more blackheads did not help with breakouts... at all made my skin even worse Um... Neutrogena? I love your products but this one was a total fail. I was tempted to buy because of the reviews on the neutrogena website. but it was a hugeeeeeee mistake. It did the complete opposite of what it claims to do.

Comments

drys some acne skin feels clean can be over drying on other parts of skin I had used this product for literally over a year thinking it would reuced the redness in myfair skin and some acne but in reality it doesnt really do anything besides making the skin feel fresh.

Guest Ellie
Guest Ellie

Um...nice green color? EVERYTHING. This has to be the absolute worse product I have ever tried. I used it only once and a few hours later, my skin was the worst it had ever been. I had always had light to moderate acne but after trying this, my skin has never been the same, I now have severe acne. My face turned extremely red, itchy, and irritated and led to lots of inflamed whiteheads that covered my entire face. It has been six months since I used it and my face is still recovering and I continue to have moderately severe acne. It is mainly because of this product that I now try to stay as far away as possible from Neutrogena products. I have never really liked any of their products, but this was "the straw that broke the camel's back," as they say, and led me to despise Neutrogena. God, that next day after I used this wash was probably the day my self-esteem was the lowest, ever. I highly recommend THAT YOU DO NOT USE THIS ACNE WASH. IT IS FAR FROM REDNESS SOOTHING. I hate you Neutrogena!!! I don't care how good Miranda Cosgrove says you are!!!

Comments

Reduces redness (temporarily) Will take some (not all) redness away. Takes at least a month to notice some difference for redness. Gives you more acne when you first start using it. Doesn't have a 'deep clean' feel Drying if used in the shower Not for severe acne.... It's half-decent. I think they should make a moisturizer for this line.

Guest Oily Teen
Guest Oily Teen

kind of a good smell I guess...apple-y didn't clear up acne didn't help redness+irritation gave me more breakouts left skin feeling very oily and just not clean This product did nothing for me, and I got more acne. It was just annoying, and my face always felt oily and slick after washing; not the squeaky clean feeling that I feel like I need when it comes to a facial cleanser. Just didn't work for me.

Comments

got rid of all my acne feels really clean reduced redness!! dries up skin blackheads still there I have terrrrrible acne on my nose and have tried about everything to get rid of it and nothing worked. OMG! after I used this cleanser, it was ALL gone except for a few blackheads which I don't mind because they aren't very noticable. Great product, recommend it to people with oily, acne-prone skin, because it can be drying.

Guest Hannah
Guest Hannah

Cleans skin without stripping it too much. Doesn't make me break out. Don't see much difference in redness, but I suppose it doesn't MAKE it red like some cleansers. Is sometimes still too drying for my skin in the winter months. I like this cleanser for the simple reason that it doesn't give me problems. When my skin gets too dry (which is rare), I alternate with Cetaphil.

Comments

smells GREAT which makes it pleasant to use.Is not irritating to any areas other than pimples.leaves your skin in much better condition than harsher cleansers.As for the redness it does not increase it but has not soothed it either. no visable changes in skin or acne but no new break outs either. I would reccomend this as a use 2 times a day cleanser for those who can keep up with that.

Guest Emma
Guest Emma

* Felt refreshing * Smelled nice * Didn't cause any new problems * Didn't do what it claimed to do * Doesn't work Ay ay ay :( Yet another bad review but this didn't work or live up to its claims. I believe the bottle says "Redness Soothing" and it didnt sooth anything. Yeah sure it felt good on the face but when the oil was produced on my skin, it felt like the same before I tried the product. The red bumps were still red and it didn't clear anything so I just gave up on it. I don't know whether in the long haul it is good or not but im not patient enought to find out.

Comments

-Reduces acne redness by A LOT -Leaves skin feeling mostirized -Leaves skin feeling cleansed -Felt irritated on my sensitive skin -Smelt like deoderant I used this for a couple of days and it DID reduce my redness of ance. I reconmmend it if you have redness. I have sensitive skin, so it really irritated it.

Comments

-makes the skin feel smooth & refreshed -decreases the appearance of the redness of scars -feels great to cleanse the skin if oily or from after a workout -the decrease of redness doesnt last as long as I would like -everytime I pack the bottle to go away for the weekend it leaks a lot Yes it does help the redness of acne scars. I wish that it would reduce the redness and then kept on making it get less red and less red, rather it decreases the redness then goes back to its normal red in a day and then you use the product again to make it go back down. I don't know if it helps with acne because I am thankfully acne free because of other products but it hasn't irritated it or caused acne to come back. I have bought this product probably ten times and would recommend this product for reducing acne scars and helping self esteem when it comes to acne scars.

Guest Natalyn
Guest Natalyn

Leaves skin feeling smooth and clean. Gentle on your skin. Effective if you have oily skin. Skin feels calmer and not as irritated. Smells fresh and i liked the lime green color. Nice packaging None so far I like this product. It is simple enough to just cleanse my skin while depositing some salycic acid into my skin that helped the turnover of old skin cells. I am pleased :)

Comments

feels clean stung-dried out my skin didnt help much with acne i have sensative skin and this dried me out which didnt help me with my acne, if you have oily skin go for it the packaging totally sucks, if you tip the top downward the product leeks out and begins to smell nasty

Guest Chanel
Guest Chanel

It leaves your skin feeling refreshed. Doesn't help w/ redness or acne, AT ALL. This is my 4th Neutrogena product that I've used, and just like the rest, I hate it. I used it consistently for about 2 or 3 months hoping to see results, but nothing changed. I'm not impressed by Neutrogena products because none of them seem to work.

Guest Jay
Guest Jay

Smelled nice Too watery Made me breakout I was fooled by this product in the beginning because I thought it was actually working. Right after I washed my face, my face seemed smoother and my red marks didn't seem as prominent. After about two weeks, I had a bunch of clogged pores in places I never breakout. I realized this product was the culprit, since I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. Save your money on this one, I don't think it has acne friendly ingredients, I just wish I had done more research before buying this pimple producer!

Popular Liquid