Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin

Great for preventing acne

If you are looking for a product that clears acne this wouldn't be the one. Although this helps prevent future acne by clearing what's inside the pours with hydroxyl acid. So this product does its purpose

It's alright I guess.

During the start of my bad breakout from CeraVe Foaming Cleanser, my dad bought me this to combat the breakouts. It works well for that purpose but being the idiot I am, I frequently used it (2 twice a day) and it started to burn my skin. I've limited my usage to once every week and I guess it helps. It can be very drying, keep that in mind too, so you may need a moisturizer (I stopped using moisturizers, they made my breakouts worse).

AKD

No miracle

Fresh Foamy Convenient packgaging At the beginning it seemed like this product was really working and my skin felt really clean, but after a month or two I had worse skin than ever before. I can't really say if this was influenced by stress and diet, but I switched to a cheap tea tree facial cleanser a week ago and I am already seeing improvement.

Just Okay

Gentle Smells good Clears acne well Not for moderate to severe acne Wasn't harsh or irritating, but also it didn't totally clear my skin. It would be partially smooth and clear in some places, but I would still get bumps. I assume it's pretty good for mild acne.

Comments

Too harsh for sensitive skin

Drying Irritating I tried this for less than one week. After the 3rd use my face is extremely tight. My skin feels like it's burning and the texture feels bumpy. Bumpy like a rash, not a breakout. But I imagine that with continued use it would break out. Do not get this near eyes! My skin feels so tight and dried out from this that it is difficult to blink. This product might be ok once every week but way too harsh for everyday use.

Comments

This actually cleared my acne!

Price is right! Deep cleans! Removes makeup well Must use a good moisturizer This actually cleared my acne! I'm 30 and have always experienced mild acne. I have had acne worsen while on Mirena birth control and flared out of control when I had the mirena iud removed. Between this cleanser, 100% witch hazel and Derma e Soothing Moisturizing Creme, my acne is almost completely gone! Although my acne is most likely hormonal for the most part, I do like to wear makeup (switched to Loreal's BB cream recently. Highly suggest!). I also work in an indoor butterfly garden which is a high temperature/high humidity environment. I sweat and get dirty. The odds are against me when it comes to acne!

Comments

Clears acne Leaves skin clean Reduces swelling and redness Drying (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) Expensive I have been using this for about two days and I already see a difference. My pimples are finally clearing-up! A good cleanser for the Acne.org regimen. I recommend it!!

Guest whydeo
Guest whydeo

Easy to wash Clean fragrance Leaves my skin feeling refreshed Doesn't require a lot per application Good price Trusted brand None, for me. I rated my acne as severe but I'm actually acne-free now. I had severe acne when I started using this. It has helped my skin recover. My skin is naturally slightly oily and I live in a tropical climate so it doesn't feel dry at all. I love this product and won't change it for any other.

Guest Lisa
Guest Lisa

-skin feels really clean -cleared some acne -skin dries out -some burning Personally, this is not meant as a daily cleanser. It strips the skin of all oils/skin so skin dries out very fast, and then starts to burn. I recommend it only 2-3 week, as a deep clean. Definitely use a moisturizer afterwards, like jojoba oil (natural) or an aloe based lotion.

Guest rachel
Guest rachel

Keeps oil and shine at bay Clears acne AWSOME!!! :-) I really miss Deep Clean Sport Not meant for dry skin It really works but not meant for dry skin however it does state on the bottle for combination to oily skin

Guest M
Guest M

Never felt any cleanser that clean my pores well than this one. (I have combination to mild-oily skin) Way too clean & does not have moisturizing element at all. A No-No for those who has combination to dry skin. It has been my go for cleanser for many years after several trials on other cleanser. Even though it's not the best it helps to control oil on my skin. But still tad too dry. Also no improvement on spot scars or acne. Still looking for a good cleanser.

Guest Kelly
Guest Kelly

Cleared up ance -DRIED MY SKIN OUT -FELT LIKE MY FACE WAS ON FIRE! -BURNS BADLY -RUINS SKIN SURFACE -HORRIBLE RED RASHES This stuff is HORRIBLE. Ive been suffering for almost 5 days now......i have rashes all over my face that feel like my skin is on fire.....DONT BUY THIS.

Popular Liquid