Murad Acne Complex Reviews

Brand: Murad

Murad Acne Complex

Amazing Results!

I started having minor pimples as a teenager and tried proactive which was great but super drying at the time so I stopped using it. No major pimples until I went on the depo shot. Tried multiple over the counter washes and happened to come across Bior Charcoal wash. OMG that stuff burned and what I thought was just purging ended up leaving me with a neck and jawline full of big and painful pimples. I immediately stopped use after the reaction but my pimples stayed at a medium of what it was like before and after bior. Bad. Tried to use a Benzyl Peroxide wash and that caused my neck to break out in bumps and red splotches. Jump forward a couple months later I go to Sephora and was recommended this product. I didn’t do any research prior to purchasing it but she recommended it when I told her about my problem with Benzyl Peroxide. Used it that night I got home and the next morning my pimples decreased in size dramatically. It’s been a few days now and I’m starting to love how I look without the foundation. Hallelujah! And everyone’s face is different! Bummed others didn’t get a positive experience with Murad. Definitely wouldn’t advise anyone not to purchase it due to another’s experience because ultimately it is your own body’s reaction to the ingredients. I hated Bior but I know people who says it works wonders.

Horrible

What the heck!! I only used the spot treatment and that stuff burned like there's no tomorrow. It irritated my skin, making it red and super dry. It still hurts and it's been 5 days. It's going to take weeks before my skin goes back to normal. Horrible... Please don't use this product, for your own sake.

Wasted 5 months and wads of cash

Background first: I consider myself a hippy (obviously) and really wanted to go down the "natural" path when it came to my acne. Tried that for years to no avail. Finally got on Murad after my cousin professed his deep love for it. I should have known better because I dislike him and pretty much everything he stands for. Ha. Anyways, got the kit, was warned that it would take a while to get all the existing forming pimples out so I was mentally prepared for it not to work overnight. I followed the instructions to A T for 4 months. Sure, I got depressed when I didnt see clearing but I just kept with the mantra "slow and steady" and "Patience". At around 4 months of dedicated use, I got the worst cystic breakout I have ever had in my life. It was one of those "shut yourself in the room" type of breakouts and it didn't get better for... well weeks. I remember being blown away that after having shelled out so much damn money on this miracle product, I would not only not see any clearing but actually find it to be getting WORSE. It was then that I just went in and threw the entire product line out. They were almost full and I am not flush with cash so it was definitely a big financial loss but I just felt like I was doing more continual damage to my skin by even finishing what I had. And I lost patience. I started the search for new products. Went to my dermatologist - they wanted to put me on drugs again (NO WAY!!!). I contemplated R&F but had heard bad things. I actually just was using Clearasil for a while... HAHAHAHA. What a joke. Four months or so ago, I read about Ninja Skincare on Amazon - random place I know. I had never heard of it but it had great reviews so I gave them a call, pretty deserate for a solution and pretty dubious. Had an amazing, life-changing consultation with one of their estheticians and got on their product stat. Remarkable stuff. Not since I was on Tetracycline in high school have I had such clear skin - and without the terrible side effects of Tetracycline. Only reason I gave Murad 2 stars is because the cost for it isn't as exorbitant as some other treatment plans out there but overall, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - other than people I dont like, like my cousin. HAHA.

Worst

I've been using this product for 4 weeks already but nothing happened. In fact, more pimple occurs on my cheek even though I've never have breakouts on my cheeks. More pimple occur on my forehead.This is a waste of my money. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

RUINED MY LIFE

This Product completely ruined my life. I had clear skin in 7th grade, I just had small bumps and convinced my mom to get me this stupid treatment because i thought i had bad acne. I was so wrong. I used this product for weeks, and the "purging" process occured.... ACNE EVERYWHERE. I told myself it would be gone soon it was just "purging".... no.... I had developed cystic acne and spent over 500 dollars on treatment for my face. I am 20 years old now, a sophomore in college, and I am still recovering from this product. Please Please Please do not buy this product.

No longer a skeptic!

I started dealing with breakouts by 10-11 years of age. I tried every cream, medication and face wash that I could find. Creams dried me out, medications cause gastritis/acid reflux, and face washes didn't seem to help. It could be an expensive face wash kit or it could be your average store bought product. Neither worked for me. In the last 2-3 years of my life I seem to have had some hormonal changes (26 now)? I have more acne than I did in high school, and my weight has been harder to control. I lost any extra pounds that I had found over the last couple of years, but the acne persisted. It comes in a range of acne disasters. -I have the terrible, deep, long-lasting acne that occurs on my jawline and sometimes on the cheeks (usually half a dozen of these at a time). -I have white heads, blackheads, and extremely clogged pores. That being said, I was wary about the 'purging' process. Many claimed it wasn't a purge, but a breakout. Well, my large cystic acne went away within a week of use, but the rest of my face appeared to be all bumpy/pimply. Here's how I have handled this.. I don't wear makeup unless I really need to. Around the house, with family, grocery shopping.. I'm 100% makeup free. I'm waiting until my skin has fully adjusted before wearing my 'non-clogging' makeup. If it clears nice enough.. I may stop makeup use all together. I'm on the second week and everything is clearing up. I still have remnants, but they're clearing too. Now.. how to handle dryness you ask? I'm from NE, Ohio.. I know ALL about dryness. My face is crappy, it's greasier than a tub of lard, but it dries and flakes due to looking at it the wrong way. I use a dime sized amount, maybe even less, per use. I also listen to my skin. I have the 5 piece set. I use all items in the kit, but some days I skip different pieces. If it's feeling a little dry, I skip step 2 and go straight to 3 for moisturizing. If I'm feeling extra oily, I use step two and skip 3. All in all.. I didn't think it would work, but it has. The only cons I see are: -Size -Cost -Smell is a bit off putting (for the sulfur spot treatment) PS.. the difference between a purge and any other reaction is that a purge is any area that may have had clogged pores. I know mine was a purge, because I know my forehead, nose, and cheeks were terribly clogged. Any unusual itchiness or severe redness could be a poor reaction.

Comments

Horrible product, gave me cystic acne

I've struggled with moderate acne since I was about 12 years old (I'm 27 now). I would get small breakouts around my chin/jawline that only got worse right before my period. As a teenager, I had some scattered blackheads, whiteheads and pustules but honestly, it was nothing too bad. My regimen at the time was Duac gel in the AM and Retin-A Micro at night. In 2010, someone bought me the Murad kit to help me clear up my skin. Oh man did it make things worse!!! NEVER had I experienced cystic acne - not only was it incredibly painful, but it left my face disfigured for a while. I would never wish cystic acne upon ANYONE. I had huge, red clusters of cysts all over my cheeks and jawline. I was so depressed. No amount of makeup could cover those painful cysts. Needless to say, I threw out the Murad kit (thank God!) and went to my dermatologist for help. I ended up having to go on Accutane for 5 months which was the best decision I could have made to clear up my skin. 5 years later, I still have occasional breakouts, but nothing like the cysts I had before. I still have really bad scarring on my cheeks from the cysts, that I'm hoping will fade with time. If not, it's still better than having cystic acne. Take my advice, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Learn from my mistake.

Same thing happened to me. I have terrible scars still left over.... many many years after using this stupid product.

Horrible product, will ruin your life.

This product made my skin blow up with acne, and for the first time in my life (I'm actually past my teenage years), I was nicknamed pizza face. I started this treatment when I was applying for a new job and since my forehead made me look like I had leprosy, I had to cut my own bangs to cover up my forehead. I switched back to Proactiv and now the damage from this sh*tty product has been reversed. AVOID MURAD AT ALL COST!

Dried Skin Out :/

First off, I had bought this product back in HIGHSCHOOL for the first time and I loved it! I have never had bad acne but I had a few spots here and there with a little redness. It helped out so much. I thought 7 years later ( With a couple zits/redness from birth control) I would try it again. Hey why not it worked wonders the first time.. I bought it and did the whole 1 step, 2 step ect.. treatment ( I purchased the starter kit) the first 24 hours of useing it/ having the spot treatment on my face, I could see that the acne spot had started to go away and the redness went down ( even other people at work noticed) so I thought "HELL YA, ITS ACTULLY WORKING!!" the next day I did the same steps and went to bed, that morning i woke up and i felt like i had the tightest, roughest skin. It dried my skin out SO BAD! It hurt to even open my mouth! I immediatly stopped using it and now i have to return it. I am so bummed because i was seeing results! Did this happen to anyone else?! Is this normal?! HELP!

Amazing

This has worked wonders on my skin. I've tried every line out there. I can't believe some of the reviews because this was seriously a life saver. I was on the pill for years but I hated the symptoms I got. I finally found this gem and I couldn't be happier. I'm using the Acne clearing solution and the skin perfecting lotion. I can't wait to move onto their other products.

Love!

I've tried countless products, oral, topical, prescription, otc, you name it I've tried it. Epiduo was one of the inly things to help my skin but unfortunately insurance wouldn't cover and it was too pricey without insurance. I've been suffering from acne since I was 15 and I'm now 26. I went and had an acne facial and the lady recommended this product. After reading reviews I was almost scared to try it! Luckily I decided to go ahead with it and within a week I noticed a lot of clearing. Still hesitatant, I wanted to give it a few more weeks and now my skin is almost completely clear! Ive never once written a review before but this worked wonders for me and with all the negative reviews on this I felt the need to share my positive experience! Love love love this stuff and I'm so grateful for my newly cleared skin

Its Amazing

I am completely aware that people have had horrible experiences with this product. But many others have had it work wonders on their skin! This is the case for probably ever acne system out there. When you choose to try an acne treatment you are putting your skin at risk of any side effects that treatment may cause. Different people will have different experiences with every type of product, because acne is very complex and everyone has different reasons for their acne ( and different skin ). So, this is MY personal experience with the Murad Acne Complex that I bought from the official website. I've had acne since Grade 6. I am now 18 years old. My acne is very complicated. Sometimes it'll randomly go away, without any product. And then randomly it will achieve the worst breakout I have ever had. I have most likely used every acne treatment out there. I have been prescribed medication, orally and stuff you put of your skin. I have tried pro active many, many times. It is a good product but it stopped working on my skin after my many years of using it. I have also tried organic soaps and pills and body cleansers and all of that stuff. All of these products would work on my skin but it wouldnt stop more breakouts from happening. I first used Murad In Gr.9, a few years into my mild/serious acne. It worked very well I had no negative or horrifying side effects like others speak about. But, my acne wasn't only due to dirt and excess oils. It was hormonal. So, again my acne still appeared. Murad did improve it greatly but hormonal acne will not be stopped by face wash. So, when I turned 17 I started on birth control that helps acne. Then I made the mistake of using pro active again. The benzoyl peroxide does not do well on my skin. So now I am 18 and I just started using Murad again. It in three days has reduced my acne 50%. It has had o negative effects at all. ( knock on wood ). And I will continue using Murad for as long as I need to. It is the only promising and safe acne treatment I have ever used over the 8 years I have been suffering with acne. Along with the treatment I will be drinking a lot more water, eating healthy, and exercising more. Because no matter who you are and what type of acne you have doing those things will improve your skin, maybe not heal it but it will make a difference. In conclusion, I would recommend this but id also like to remind everyone acne is extremely complex and there will be no magic cure that works for everyone.

Ehhhhhh

The first night that I used the product, I woke up scratching my face terribly. I literally had to wash it off in the middle of the night because it irritated my skin too much. The next morning, I was going to return the product but I thought that my face looked a little smoother, so I tried it again. I didn't have any itching during the day. I tried the product again that night and my face itched! I continued to use the product because I didn't have symptoms in the daytime, only at night. My skin looked more smooth but I still would get pimples! What the heck?!?! I'm going to try proactive now.

Comments

I will never touch this stuff again.

Back in March, I quit my birth control, and my skin exploded like none other. I guess I had mild acne as a teen, but for the most part, I had clear skin. Anyway, I was mortified by how bad my skin was, and nothing seemed to be working. My sister's friend is an esthetician, but I don't think she's a very good one; the one time I had a bad breakout my senior year, the stuff she recommended gave me a rash and didn't help at all, and then she told me to use this kit, which, let me tell you, made my skin 100x worse. Fast forward to May. My skin was still pretty bad, so I was desperate to try anything. I initially started with the Murad anti-aging time release wash, which didn't do so much. My friend told me that my skin was actually looking worse. Then for my birthday, my sister got me this kit. At first, it didn't seem to be hindering or helping, but then all hell broke loose. My skin was very dry, red, and the cleanser and toner just seemed to make my skin even more inflamed. My skin was so, so dry, and the moisturizer didn't seem to be helping at all. I was literally peeling. I got huge, bumpy blackheads on my cheeks, and I broke out all over my cheeks, too. I've never gotten acne on my cheeks before. I tried the spot treatment too, but it just made things so worse. My face had gotten so agitated, that I pitched the kit. Best choice I ever made. I say crap to the 'purging' period. Apparently that's a myth too- just look it up. If ANY product is reacting badly to your skin, I would never advise to 'stick through it'. Yeah eventually your skin's equilibrium will go back to normal, but to me, it's not worth the suffering. How long the reaction lasts depends on the person. The way my skin looked was so awful, it was embarrassing. No person should have to go through that. I went back on birth control, and am using Mary Kay's Velocity facial wash. After 6 months, my face is finally almost completely clear. My skin had no adverse or negative reaction to this wash when I first started it. It only made my skin better, which I know is an excellent sign. Seriously, if you've got sensitive skin, stay away from this.

I agree.... Went to a aesthitian , did a facial, went in with mild acne. After trying this product, which was highly recommended by them my face went Cray Cray ! Rash , pimples, horrible. I curse them everyday for screwing up my face. Now had to see a dermatologist.

Terrible

Okay, I have always had acne. I purchased the acne starter kit from Sephora and used it two or three days. My skin looks awful! I have a horrible rash all over my face and peeling as well! This crap has totally messed my skin up! I feel terrible because my hubby told me not to buy it and now I look like a rashy, scaly face idiot!!! It does not deserve the one star that I had to give it#

Comments

Terrible please don't do it

I had acne in my teen Years, and now at 28 I have adult acne, it's not much some scars and some pimple once in a while, all my life I feel awful about this problems, even if I can put some makeup on, so I saw a YouTube video talking about murad what a miracle! Better skin than ever, what a horrible!!!!! wrong! Big mistake, first day not much, second a pimple start to show , 3 day using 7 new white heads! 7!!!! And rest of the week continue getting worse, And I have to work and go out, feeling horrible so I stopped for good, I don't want to use this product 30 days and have severe acne, I went back to my old cleaner and start to go away, so save your safe for this I know that for "some people" works and what are the odds that works for you when u read all this comments in Internet. Other is that dry my face, like I was in pain. No lo Hagas! Don't!

Comments

Bad reaction to blemish control product!

I had a light acne control facial in The Hague Holland in a small salon nearby and was given the starter pack - used it for 2 nights and then my face looked awful - red rash and white spots - I regret using the product as now I really look bad and have to face my colleague at work!! Have stopped using the product but when will my face go back to normal or do I have to go see a dermatologist now? very worried ..... that I've damaged my skin ....

THIS STUFF IS MAGIC

I am a teenage girl with lots of acne. I have been using this for about a week now. A week ago my skin looked like a red swollen mess with big zits everywhere that needed to be popped. Today, my skin is FLAWLESS! I am in love with Murad, IN LOVE! I love the way the clarifying cleanser feels on my face, it feels fresh and clean when I am done using it, and it smells good when it's on, it's easy to rub on and off of my face. Then, the next step feels like a nice lotion, but it's acne treatment/repair. I don't feel any burning or stinging with this one. The next Treatment and Repair step is if you have a prominent zit on your face, you apply it directly there. I noticed the size of my zit shrink in about 3 mins! At this point, I am not even needing that step though, my skin looks great, no more big zits!!! After about 3 days of applying that to the zit area they were all gone! I honestly believe that Murad is magic, at least for my skin. The lotion also feels good, and is GREAT sun protection! My only complaint is that Murad makes your face look a little shiny, so while using you may want to use a powder based foundation. But my face feels radiant! I have never felt so confident in my skin before! I LOVE this product and recommend it to everyone! If you are comparing this to Rodan and Fields or Clinique, look at my reviews for those, too (POST OF SHAME, and OUCH)! I hope this helped!

WORST ACNE TREATMENT I'VE EVER USED

I went to Massage Envy for monthly facials by the esthetician. My acne was very bad and nothing I have ever used has worked. So I figured why not? I went in and they sold me the Anti-Aging line of Murad because my skin was too sensitive for the full on acne treatment at first. I used it for a while, on top of Murad's facials each month, and my skin was not getting better after a month and half of use. It was getting worse and worse. I took the products back and was told to use the Environmental Essential C line. THAT WAS TERRIBLE! Made my skin 100 times worse. After over a month of use, I took it back and was told to use the Anti-Aging and Acne line. It wasn't as strong as the acne line because my skin was still too sensitive. I used this line for two months and my skin was absolutely ruined. Every time I was told "It just brings it all out." Okay, so why is it still "bringing it out" over 3 months later. I used it for a while, and took it back for the full on acne line. WHAT A JOKE! Absolutely terrible. Didn't work, and my acne went from moderate to severe quick. Murad is by far the absolute worst acne line I have ever used in my life. And it's not cheap either. I've wasted almost $1,000 on murad products and facials, and it didn't work. I recently went to Neutrogena. I got their Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for very cheap. And...I HAVE FOUND THE "ALMOST" CURE TO ACNE! I use the cleanser in the morning and night, but on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights I put about a teaspoon of Baking Soda on my hand hand mix in a pump of cleanser. I gently rub it in and rinse really well. And the results are amazing. Only do it 3 times a week, at night only. It will help a lot. It is a little drying but I'm using Aveeno Gentle Moisturizer. All of your acne won't go away completely obviously, but it works! Honesty, anything is better than Murad though. Save yourself. Do not use Murad products. Any of them!!!

User410314

total garbage

Way back when I tried Murad, it was because Proactive (BP) stopped working on me, and my boyfriend at the time was broken out and wanted to try something. We both gave it a shot, both got worse with no signs of getting better. What is this stuff and why do stores still carry it, and for exorbitant prices?

Mur-bad!

I have dealt with acne since I was 14 years old. I'm now 31 and I still have acne! This stuff was recommended to me by a friend, and maybe it worked for her, but me? Not so much. I'm having similar issues like everyone else, breaking out on my cheeks and jaw line , where I have never had acne before! Plus leaving me with horrible scars; and I've only used it for 2.5 weeks. I started thinking, well, maybe it's purging? But it makes no sense to purge in places where I never had acne to begin with, and they are quickly turning to scars :( big bummer for me. I'm looking forward to stopping and seeing my cheeks turn to normal again. I'm finally considering acutane.

Please do not use accutane. I'm 36 and used it for 3mos and started having ear problems and stopped using it. I now have Ménière's disease and there is no cure for it. It is a terrible disease.. Google it if you aren't familiar with it..

Murad works !

I to be honest find Murad to be very helpful. Just in the first 3 days i noticed a difference, my acne was already fading. Whenever i dont use it i start to break out alot more but when i start up again my skin is almost clear. It took around 2-3 weeks to go through the purging but besides that there really are no down sides to this treatments that i have suffered.

I TOTALLY agree! I had the same results!!!
I'm glad you mentioned purging, because my skin seems to be shooting pimples up all over the place. Hopefully there is clearer skin on the other side of all of this!

Popular All-over treatments