Mederma Advanced Scar Gel

Mederma Advanced Scar Gel Reviews

Brand: Mederma

Water (purified), Peg 200, Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

wtf? YES YES YES

I wrote a review on here previously (and I do not review anything ever) - about my sister and her cystic acne/scarring. She and I both had extremely bad acne in highschool. SUPER BAD. I am talking, embarrassing abnormally big pimples all over. She used this for abotu a month and a half on her scars (old and new acne scars). She and I both had huge holes from acne. Her scars disappeared! I was skeptical about trying it because everything breaks me otu and this is expensive. BUT !!!!!! I am so happy I am crying. I use this nightly (EVERY NIGHT, NO SKIPPING OUT) on a clean face, and sleep. And it has been three weeks. My scars are gone, gone, gone! I still have 3 or 4 on my right cheek (the deeper ones) , but they may take more time. But my whole face in even, no holes, no scars. The ones that remain are def almost gone!!! Another few weeks, I am sure they too will vanish. I know this is pricey guys but my review is sincere. As I said, I do not review much because nothing has worked before now. I made an account here JUST FOR Mederma.

It actually works really well on PIE (post-inflammatory erythema) acne marks

I broke out badly sometime in October 2016 and it took me roughly three months to get my acne under control. Unfortunately I was left with horrible PIE (post-inflammatory erythema) which were tiny, flat red/pinkish marks. They simply wouldn't go away and they were far more damaging to my self-esteem than the actual acne. I tried everything to get rid of them but nothing worked. I also used 100% natural aloe vera gel and although that helped somewhat it wasn't an end all be all solution. I hid away for months, refusing to go outside or socialize. It wasn't until my grandmother randomly purchased Mederma for me. I was skeptical because I've tried just about every gel known to man to rid myself of these horrible marks on my skin. Still, I decided why not? I initially only started applying a small amount on my acne marks before bed. Within the first three days I was immediately surprised just how much Mederma has lightened my acne marks! I stepped it up to twice a day, once during the day and once more before bed. By the second week the redness of my acne marks had drastically subsided. I'm now on my third week of using Mederma and I'm incredibly happy with the results! I've managed to regain some of my self-esteem and started going out again after being a recluse for nearly six months. My only regret is wishing I had found out about Mederma earlier. I highly recommend this product to anyone dealing with stubborn acne marks, particularly those that are of the red/pink variety. If you have fresh acne marks this will do the trick. I'm not entirely sure about old ones, though. Needless to say you will see some results at the very least!

broke me out!!

I had no problems with this product flaking off or making my face itchy. It absorbed into the skin quickly and the awful smell faded away after a short while. Only problem I had was that it broke me out! I would be careful with this if you have acne prone skin.

The title and the description cancel each other out

Works great on acne hyperpigmentation!

I'm 20 years old and I have normal, non-sensitive, pale Asian skin. I had a few dark acne scars on my face that weren't going away for 2-3 months because I picked at my pimples and tried to pop them when they weren't ready. They have been bothering me forever, and hydroquinone only broke me out and I felt like it didn't do much for me. I decided to tackle the problem not by bleaching my spots, but a "medical" way, since they were are a result of inflammation and skin damage; in other words, they were scars. I've been using Mederma for 10 days and I applied religiously two to four times a day, rubbing the gel for about 5 seconds per spot, and I'm quite happy with the results. My acne scars are still there, but they have diminished more in those 10 days than 2-3 months of not doing anything to them and/or using hydroquinone. And Mederma didn't break me out. Yes, the gel can feel itchy at times and is kind of drying, even for my skin. Just try to keep skin moisturized before applying, don't overuse, and don't apply Mederma when skin is too irritated. Yes, the price can be a bit costly but if you have hyperpigmentation scars from acne I definitely saw improvements and the packaging specifically says it works on acne scars, so I say give it a try. (I think it was significantly cheaper off Amazon.) I do not regret trying this at all and the tube will last me quite long, I think. However, I don't know about paved scars because I haven't used the gel for those. I did not know it would work this fast, but it did! I can't wait until my acne scars go away completely. Best acne product I bought along with BP. Will keep on using.

Comments

Expensive, does nothing for acne scars

I used this product on my acne scars for at least 3 months (I used the entire tube), and it did nothing to help fade them. For the price I paid, I expected to at least see a tiny bit of improvement from this gel. At the very least, it didn't cause me to break out.

Comments

It takes effort, but it works!

I have had small blemishes here and there, and I put Mederma Gel on after my blemish has opened and began to scab over. (even though you are suppose to wait, it has always work best, FOR MYSELF, to apply it after it's opened) I use a hot towel to warm my skin up then apply Mederma Gel directly to the dark spots and scars that I have on my face. I'd say, FOR MYSELF, after a solid week, it is either gone or has turned lighter to the point where you can't tell until you are directly in my face. +I am mixed, so when I scar they sometimes become darker, but Mederma helps me out A LOT! I use it usually before I go to bed, and I'll probably put a little on after a shower once my face is clean. +It does itch my face somewhat, but I don't scratch at it. + I would say if you have scars on you, use the heck out of this. I use the Gel, I wasn't very fond on the cream, but I'm sure it all works the same. I have used Mederma Scar Gel for over 4 years now and it is the only treatment I will ever use. 1 tube usually lasts me a year and it's very handy to keep around.

but for me the scar has turned darker… is it possible that the scars get darker in the beginning and then get lighter? :(
tec
so if it worked, why do you need to use it for so many years?
tec
so if it worked, why do you need to use it for so many years?
User216247

I love this

WORKS Itchy sometimes I have severe acne scars from years of acne on my cheeks and I've just started using this product a few days ago. It works already! The scars are definitely still visible but many seem to be lighter or diminishing in size. I don't know why everyone is saying it needs to be applied 3 times a day, my bottle says it should be applied just once a day.

Do your scars gone ☺

It has the possibility of helping It is pretty costly So, I bought this just kind of on a whim because I thought it might work for me. I have tan skin, and everyday I put it on 3 times. I looked at the ingredients label just for fun to see what was so special and it contained octocrylene and like two other "active ingredients". Then like 5 days later I looked at my chapstick, and saw that my 100% organic chapstick had the EXACT same ingredients. Now I like experimenting so I decided to stop using the mederma, and start instead putting my chapstick on my face. It actually for me worked so much better. It had beeswax, honey, and other yummy ingredients for my face along with the "active" ingredients found in Mederma. Also, I think the only reason why it is so expensive is because it says it can "reduce scars" when in reality my chapstick can do a better job >:) While I thought my discovery was pretty awesome, I found out that the active ingredients were sun repellents. Which makes sense because the reason why scars linger is most of us don't wear sunscreen which prohibits the healing of scars :) Anyways, you all should look into certain chapsticks, because you might save a lot of money and time!

What Chapstick did you use exactly??? Please email me! Ashleyreis55@[link removed]
Could you please email me the chapstick you used ethan@[link removed]
Guest Valerie
Guest Valerie

Works well on newly formed scars/marks! Used it once before and really helped diminish my acne mark, now using it to diminish a minor burn mark :/ Accidents happen right? That's why we have products like this haha! Time, Time heals all they say! DO NOT pick at the scar while it is trying to heal, otherwise it will get worse or take even longer to heal (learned from experience) This product is great. I bought the one with SPF because it is simply worth it. The one with skin protection helps your guarantee you will not permanently discolor your scar. I actually did not buy it for acne this time, I have before and it healed one of my scars beautifully I bought it because I put a new product on a little part of my face and it literally chemically burned it! I am now left with this hideous minor burn, but this should really help it heal faster and better. Do not get Neosporin, Neosporin has an ingredient in it that can cause break outs and irritate the skin, Mederma should not do that at all.

Comments

I am still waiting for the effection. itchy One time I forgot to use moisturizer before using mederma gel, itchy crazy. But next time I did. So I found the secret about eliminating the itch. Use moisturizer first!!! Trust me try again.