Madina African Black Soap Reviews

Brand: Madina

Madina African Black Soap

Helps with irritated skin

This stuff is really good. I have mild persistent acne - but more skin irritation than anything. Like constant itchy sensitive skin. This helps nip my breakouts in the bud and reduces that feeling of irritation too. Would recommend. I buy complete organic natural ones from ebay and amazon. Always moisturize afterwards. It leaves my skin feeling tight

Comments

choose the right black soap

African black soap worked for me but I am now using a retinoid so I can't use the soap with it. I will say that if you are going to try black soap you need to get the authentic kind!! from Africa!! NOT shea moisture, that one breaks a lot of people out, it did for me.

What happens when u use black soap with a retinoid?

Maybe

I looked into abs a lot , I got mine from amazon it's the incredible by nature brand . When looking for abs it needs to be raw organic , and 100% pure unrefined. Mine was made in Africa so that's good lol . The kind I have comes in a big block I cut it in half and put it in two zip lock bags then I use one of the half at a time and cut pieces off . Each piece lasts me about two days . I got a soap holder from wallgreens about two dollars put the pice I cut off one of the blocks in it . Never put the soap directly on your face it will scratch you ! Rub it between your hands and use the later from yours hands on your face . I have been using abs again for about two weeks ' I tried it about a year ago and gave up after a week ' I use it at night to wash my makeup off and then I use first aid beauty ultra repair face moisturizer. No more toners or oils I'm trying a simple more natural route . You will need a moisturizer with abs !!! Preferably a non comedogenic one ! In the morning in the shower I barely touch the soap just like hold the wet bar and wash my face with that . And follow by moisturizer. Since cutting my routine and using abs and only moisturizer my face has improved about 35 % in two weeks ! I have been getting a lot of compliments! Wich is great to hear expecially when all you do is obsess over your face . Hearing good feed back is amazing ! I plan to stick to this routine for a minimum of two more months and see where it takes me. Good luck ! � ps this type of black soap doesn't seem to be the one to get considering their are to many ingredients and fragrance is one of them ! The one I use that I said up top is only like 15 dollars or something on amazon and will last about two months !

May I ask where you purchased yours and how you introduced it to your skin? Did you start right away and wash morning and night or did you ease into it gradually? I'm just trying to get insight before I dive head first, literally.

Made a huge difference and I feel so clean

Make sure to get a 100% real African black sop. It should be kinda lumpy looking and be varying in color from light brown to dark brown not uniform in any way. It will be sorta soft and crumbly. Take a bottle fill with water add about a quarter or so or your black soap to the water. Wait overnight it will dissolve attach a pump and use this liquid soap on your face twice a day. It will be drying (at least to me it was and I have extremely oily skin use a good moistureizer I use jojoba oil) it took almost 3 weeks but I can really and truly see a difference. At first it just seemed to help my acne heal faster but I've been taking pictures of my acne daily to see if things actually change or if I just forget how bad it can be. Pictures don't lie my acne is at least 60% less and significantly less red and this is more astounding since I just got off of my period and I normally break out bad then. I really wish I could post pictures to show you the difference it had made. Give it a shot just get the real stuff I got the African shea moisture soap before I got the real stuff (the department store kind that's solid black and uniform) and it didn't do much it smells nice and my fiancé likes to use it in the shower but no significant change to my acne so make sure you get the real stuff.

More acne.....

I tried the shea moisture black soap after a long period of hesitation because of the good/ bad " causing acne" reviews and unfortunately it didn't work for me. More breakouts appeared the next day immediately after using it. I knew it was the soap because 2-3 weeks prior to this, i was almost acne free. Alhamdullah. I tried it because I've ordered it already. After using it, i felt that my face was really soft and initially i was soo happy. Then "surprise" .... more breakouts and the breakouts were cystic not small bumps.. i didn't use it for too long because this soap is not supposed to cause any purging effect. Yeah every skin is different so it might work for you. PS: I'm having oily skin. for me personally i like my face to be super clean after using a soap, not dry but at least i should feel that I've used something.. i don't know really how to explain it, it is the way that u feel your face is less oily for at least 2-3 hours. however, with this soap particularly i didn't experience this. my face was still oily after using it.

I'll agree. Before I used it my face was clear, but now it seems like I'm have breakouts, and even when I put moisturizer on my face still feels dry.
shea moisture black soap isn't real African black soap

Didn't work at all

I used this for a month or so now, it didn't work for me, instead of making my face clearer it went worse and i have more breakouts on my right cheek and not a lot on my left or my forehead.. it might work for some people but didn't work for me.. has anyone else used any other products that worked for them? please let me know

If you have oily skin you should try using a less drying soap. Some people think drying your skin out will fight oil but it's the opposite. If your skin is dry it is going to produce MORE OIL to compensate for what it has lost. Oil fights oil. Try using good moisturizers and make sure you keep your skin nourished. You will soon see less oil. If you want to use this soap, I would recommend using a great moisturizer with it. It's a very drying soap.

Not for me.

Black soap is deffinetly not for me. After tons of research on acne.org, I finnally purchused the soap. After three days of using this soap I had four new cysts, and I was breaking out on my forehead(where I never get acne). At first, I thought this was just my skin purging, but with more research with this product, I know that this is not possible. The only thing that can make you purge is products with actives in it, which this product dosent have becuase it is all natrual. If this product is breaking you out, your skin dosent agree with it, and you should stop using it.

so what did you use after
U r right! The Same happened to me as well.
i went back to using my aveeno clear complexion soap. works wonders

MIRACLE SOAP!

I've been using African black soap as part of my regimen for about three to four days now and I must say this thing is a miracle. I mean it. Although I don't have any active acne, the soap has done wonders for my hyperpigmentation and scars. I'm really at a loss for words at the results thus far. Mind you, I use the soap twice a day. I lightly apply some lather in the morning while I wash up and once more at night. I've heard that African black soap can cause the skin to purge but I haven't experienced any purging, personally. Make sure to buy the African black soap that comes in a plastic/cellophane wrapping. Make sure that you're getting the right black soap! It should not be black but more caramel colored. All I can say is I'm impressed and I highly recommend this to anyone suffering from hyperpigmentation and/or acne scarring. My skin is so much smoother and even after just three to four days of using the soap. Needless to say I'm excited to see what more it can do in the near future. A+++ product.

I just wanna add that it's been about a week since I started using African black soap and my PIH/scarring has noticeably decreased. It seems as if the scars, which for me are quite clumped together, is evening out. The texture of my skin is a lot smoother than before I started using the soap. I had a few small pimples since using the soap but nothing that hasn't been uncontrollable. It appears as though the soap really does target the problem areas well and gets deep into the skin. I'm not sure if it's the vitamin E that's active in the soap that's doing this but whatever it is I am eternally grateful for it. Here's to everyone getting their skin under control. Start with African black soap. I'm serious!
So it's been about a month since I started using black soap and honestly the results are incredible. I went from having very defined and textured scars to light and faded scars. The texture of my skin has also dramatically improved. This is something everyone needs in their regimen.
Can you list the brand of the soap that you use?
I can't add a link but just search "100% Natural Raw African Black Soap BAR, Organic, Unrefined GHANA west Africa" on eBay.

Not All Black Soaps Are The Same.

I have dark skin, which tends to be mostly oily in warm climates, and dry in colder climates. For almost 20 years, I've cleaned my face with 50% or better (preferably 70%) alcohol. This removed most oils and dirt from my face. Also, it seemed to keep pimples away. As you may well know, it will dry your skin out like a desert. I didn't mind this. For mega-years, I've used Ambi Skin Fade cream for a moisturizer. Although, I hated the after-scent, I continued using it. Around my nose and at the crown of my nose (between my eyes) I had very dry patches. The only thing that seemed to get rid of it was 1% Hydrocortisone ointment. Believe it or not, the cream formula did absolutely nothing, it had to be the ointment. Now fast forward to the winter of 2015. I was introduced to natural skin care products as a business venture. I have to say that I've never looked back and will never go back to any form of chemically based product at your local big box retailer. As for one, African Black Soaps are excellent for the face and body. For me, since I'm in the business of selling natural and organic skin care products, I use everything that I carry. I've tried the black soap pictured here, and I found that it is good, but not the best. It contains the necessary ingredients for "my" skin type, but did not give me that "ump" that I was looking for. Then I tried a Raw African Black Soap. Now this was the mother load! It gently cleans my face, but removing all dirt and oil without drying me out. Furthermore, I have very little dryness around my nose now. Instead of using Ambi, I now use natural shea butters for moisturizing. I want to be clear, there is nothing wrong with the soap being reviewed, but it just does not perform like raw African black soaps from Ghana. I am open to comments and questions at any time! Stay chem-free and live!

love t

I has acne a while ago it cleared up but i still have a bit of scaring. i have been using this for about 2 weeks now and honestly its great!!!. ive never had a cleanser that has managed to totally remove my makeup with out wipes, im really impressed. it did sting the first couple of times but that stopped. i also have dry skin but if you mosturise properly i use shea butter or cocoa butter and you'll be fine. its really cleared up my complexion, its fantastic.

GREATTTT

I have struggled with acne for about 5 years now. My doctors have concluded that it is hormonal. I have tried birth controls, prescription meds, topical treatments, etc. I also have tried Mary Kay acne line and Clinique acne line. Everything worked for about 3 months then went right back to where it started. I heard about African black soap not too long ago and was hesitant to try it because of the "purging" stage. However, with nothing helping I desperately went and bought some and just started using it about a month ago! I got the Shea Moisture brand black soap from Ulta, as well as a Shea moisture line moisturizer. I didn't think the soap was very drying. And within the month I've been using it, my face has slowly but surely started to heal!! I hope this continues to work and I don't mind waiting for it to get better because it seems as if it's deeply cleaning my skin and pores!! The first 2 weeks my face was more broken out but that went away fast. I would recommend this to others!!

Is it still keeping you clear?

Doesn't work for Hormonal Acne.

I used the Shea Moisture Black Soap Bar. I personally didn't see any major results from this. My acne is hormonal, so this had no effect on the hormonal fluctuations in my skin or the breakouts caused by it. However, it did feel really nice and it made my skin feel so soft and clean. Also, contrary to what other people have said, I loved the smell - it smelled like fruity chocolate. I would get a soap dish or something if you are going to use it because it will leave black stains wherever you put it while wet (not permanent ones, it just doesn't look nice lol). I used this as a nightly cleanser. If you have a lot of non-hormonal breakouts (shout out to the boys in the back) I don't think you have anything to lose by giving this a shot.

Comments

no results . spiraling into a deeper depression

everyone says African black soap cleanses the skin in a rather quick method .. i am 15 and have suffered with acne since I was 9 or 10. also hyperpigmentation and discoloration. and on my right cheek I also have a dark patch of suuuuuuper tiny blackheads? or just really tiny dark bumps? sometimes I can squeeze a tiny rice grain sized oil out of it but I don't know what they we they just won't go away. I've looked for someone who can tell me what they are or relate and no one can .I've tried everything , prescribed , over the counter. I was on a round of 70 doxyclicine pills and a gel . nothing worked so I read a ton of reviews on black soap and how it works quickly effectively on acne and can even help even skin tone / fade dark spots. I've been using it for a month and a half now , twice a day once in the morning with a moisturizer at night . and I see no results . ive strayed from makeup the whole time I've used it and I've continued to use it hoping my skin slowly shows some improvement but I'm afraid this is my last option and my acne / dark spot is really starting to become a key factor in my depression.. I don't even want to go outside or hang out with friends anymore. just need a miracle like the rest of these people on forums claim these products give them.

Hello, I am not sure what type of African Black Soap you are using but maybe it is not pure African Black Soap. It is usually dark brown and easy to break off. We have an African Black Soap that is really working. Our son begin using it and it has cleared his face very well he is 15 too and also minimized breakouts. We are also having a 15 Days to Clearer Skin African Black Soap Challenge on our Facebook page. Our soap is only $3.00 a bar and you only break off or cut the piece that you need. It is completely natural and fragrance free. Take a look at the challenge and our website. I hope this helps. [link removed] https://[link removed]
try the acne.org products! it was a lifesaver for me and you see results after a few uses
I have the same problem my acne i was getting worst and worst I tried everything even pills and cream from the doctor and my face had bumps everywhere but when I had brought African Black Soap with Shea Butter it didn't work at first I had seen no improvement but i still use it everyday twice a day and I stop eating junk food and drink alot of water and use a little coco butter to moisturizer my face my acne start to clear away slowly it took time but it was clearing away so instead of drinking soda and eating junk food drink 8 cups of water everyday and I eat 4 cups of fruit everyday

like it

trying to desperately help my dry, itchy skin. I have acne, eczema, and sensitive skin. I have always used Dove soap, but I have found that this stuff is better. It is more drying in the sense that I feel "squeaky clean" skin after the shower, but yet my skin feels less irritated. I just make sure to put moisturizer on immediately. It's been really nice stuff. I just bought a second bar. Not sure I would use it on my face though...I stick to my Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash for that.

plateau effect??

I have extremely oily skin and hyperpigmentation, so when I heard about African black soap I thought it would be a miracle. So I bought a huge block of it from Amazon (it was cheaper that way) and I've been cutting it into small pieces to bring into the shower to use once a day. When I first started using it, I felt like the oil was being sucked out of my skin (in a good way), but I saw some improvement in my acne very quickly (I have moderate acne mostly on my forehead in the form of whiteheads and occasionally cysts). However, I've been using this for a few months now and I don't feel like I'm getting the same results as I was before. I'm still breaking out as much as before I started using the soap, so I'm not really sure what's wrong. I've been storing it in a small container and taking it out in the shower, so what I'm thinking is that the steam might be affecting the potency of the soap? (Does anyone have an answer or idea about this?) With that said, it still works as good as any other Neutrogena / Clean & Clear / etc. cleanser I've ever used when it comes to making sure Armageddon doesn't break out on my skin. I've also noticed that I tend to produce much less oil than I have in the past, which is amazing because I've lived most of my life with a consistently shiny T-zone and now it's more of a slight sheen and far more manageable than it has been in the past.

Comments

good

African black soap is amazing. when I started using the soap my skin seemed to be getting a little dry around my blemishes, then as they cleared up this was no longer a problem and my skin looked great. I follow up with a good moisturizer, usually almond oil or raw shea butter, on both face and body.

The perfect natural option

(I don't use the brand pictured above) Obsessed with African black soap!! Makes me feel soooooo clean and happy that its chemical free!! I've always LOVED my cetaphil and had a hard time giving it up but African black soap finally allowed me to make the switch to natural products! Can't say that it's cleared my blackheads or anything though but hey it hasn't broken me out

Comments

PURE BLACK AFRICAN SOAP NOT THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This soap is not pure black soap. I use the pure black soap and my skin has cleared without a doubt. I used these store bought kind on and off and yes they worked just a tad bit but im talking a whole 360 No' you will only get that from pue African black soap. I started having hormonal acne badly just this year I felt so ashamed of my skin and benzoyl peroxide would no longer work I took to black soap. Not the store bought kind the organic pure black soap that you can't just pick up in stores. I use it day and night some days once a day substituting with oatmeal soap or Aloe Vera soap all pure a natural and at night after washing my face I use bio oil to even my skin and remove blemishes. I never write reviews but I swear by this. You will not be disappointed. Try detoxing also. Yogi brand teas have a skin detox that works miracles in addition to this. Good luck. Check out this website also to help you with your needs you will not regret it (dhealthstore)

May I ask where u bought ur soap from ?
Sam55, you can purchase pure or raw African black soap from an online retailer like Benjamin Imports. Do a Google search for them. They also will answer any and all natural & organic personal care questions.

FIRST REVIEW EVER!

I have never written a review on ANY product, ever. The results I have experienced are worth bragging about and with acne being such a personal struggle, I really hope this review will help with yours. my first step was throwing out all my chemically charged acne face washes. I had been loyal to a product that helped maintain bad acne (cystic sometimes) from completely spiralling out of control but never made my face clear by any means. I knew I had to find something different, or atleast start experimenting with different approaches.... so the research began... I started with all raw organic honey masks.. day and night for about two weeks.. I would leave it on as long as I could..it helped a lot with the redness and pimples I couldn't help but pop. I knew that I needed to have a second defense though. While researching and reading reviews, I saw people posting about "Black African soap" as well as "Apple cider vinegar" I liked that these were all natural products, free from chemicals. I saw great reviews (some bad) but I figured as a last resort, I had nothing really to lose. I wash my face in the morning and at night with warm water, after I apply all natural organic Apple cider vinegar with a cotton swab. (IT DOES NOT SMELL GOOD BUT BE A TROOPER!) Normally I apply my moisturizer immediately after and it helps dilute the smell.. It's been about a month and a half now and no product has EVER given me these results, not even proactive. I haven't had skin this clear since I was 16 (when th is all began) and I'm 24 now.... it's been a long road. The first week or two I did notice blemishes in areas I don't usually have problems. my cheeks starting by my nose had all little tiny blemish bumps. Nothing TOO crazy. I'm a professional at cover up, lol, so I just did what I had to. I've dealt with WAY worse, as far as breakouts go and compared to products that left my skin cracking, dry, red and raw...this was no big deal. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT (in combination with Apple cider vinegar) and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND giving it a fair shot. get through the first two weeks of damage control and you will be on a great recovery path! good luck!

What kind of African black soap is it?

I will use this for the rest of my life!

This soap is everything. I've used it for 3 years after trying it when my face broke out at 30 years old with hormonal acne. The worst. But this black soap cleared my skin tremendously. I stopped using this soap recently bc my skin was getting dry. I tried the oil cleansing method and that was the worst idea ever. I started breaking out with one or two pimples and then it just got worse and worse. It was bad for about 4 months until I broke down and went to the dermatologist. She gave me Clindamycin and it definitely helped. But I give most of the credit to the soap bc I started using it again with the prescription and I remember how it cleared my skin in the past. This soap can be drying so I sometimes use a little rosehip oil when I use it. I order my soap from Amazon. I prefer raw African black soap over commercial brands you can buy in the store.

Comments

It has cleared my skin COMPLETELY (Not even a joke)

This soap has completely cleared my skin. I haven't broken out in three months. I mean, I did have one or two pimples over the last three months but they disappeared within two days. Make sure that you buy the bar soap that comes in a plastic transparent bad and the soap itself has to be brownish (if it's black, then it's most likely fake). Buy a good moisturizer with SPF that won't clog your pores and DO NOT use shea butter because it'll break you out like crazy. STAY AWAY FROM SHEA BUTTER!!! My skincare routine: - I use the soap twice a day - I exfoliate my face with the St Ives apricot scrub once or twice a week - I mix lemon with raw honey and leave it on face as a mask for at least 15 minutes once or twice a week (it helps with acne, scars and blemishes) - You can use any moisturizer that works best for your skin. I personally use the L'oreal Ative Hydrafresh that I've used for over a month now, it hasn't broken me out. Give the African Black soap a try, it costs less than $5 and works wonders!

Which brand of black soap do u use?? Ive been using one called dudu osun for about 2 weeks and have seen no difference
Love read good reviews on that brand. But you should try raw African black soap. You can order it from Amazon. I would recommend ordering from the seller Plant Guru
what brand?!?!?!?!?
what brand??
The brand is Plant Guru, you guys.
black african soap is made out of shea butter...also st. ives apricot scrub seems good but in the long term it will cause break outs an scarring because it creates microtears in the skin. so does bismuth oxychloride, an ingredient in makeup. the st. ives scrub comment was told to be by my esthitician. and beware of any moisturizers- anything with mineral oil will clog pores. fragrances irritate, and parabens are bad.

Amazing

I freaking love African black soap. It cleans your skin like no other and makes it so soft. It has helped my acne and allowed me to stop taking medicine from my dermatologist and using retin-a cream. All i do is use a charcoal sugar scrub to exfoliate and remove most of my makeup then use this and wa-la! My skin is squeaky clean. I have only had a couple of pimples since I started using this and I used to have a bunch! I use this on my whole body because it makes your skin feel AMAZING. If I had to say ONE thing wrong it's the creepy black residue it leaves, but all soap leaves residue! Overall I love it and I love the smell.

Nubian heritage black soap

If used inappropriately it CAN be harsh for skin. I wash my face for only 30 seconds and let my skin air dry. After drying my face feels taught and I feel that once a day is good enough to not over dry, allowing me not to but lotion on. I put no chemicals on my face what's so ever because of this new belief I have which is called the caveman regimen on [the love vitamin . com], check it out. It has helped my skin self regulate tremendously beside the black soap. Marks faded and acne reducing.

Shea butter (brand)African black bar

This soap works wonders! I purchased this soap at Walgreens for under 5 dollars :) My face is extremely oily so needless to say I have cystic acne. I have battled acne since 2004 and have completed three rounds of accutane (2004,2008,2013). I've tried numerous face washes I.e. glycolix, obagi system, cerave AM...just to name a few) and with that being said, I haven't had long lasting results :( So far so good! Bc of the retinols I use, my skin tone is uneven...for whatever reason my acne scars have lightened up! This soap brings out the pimples almost over night...then it flattens out and flakes off(very strange lol). If you have battled acne like myself, I think this is worth a try. Good luck! Xoxo

Popular Bar