Lush Fresh Farmacy Reviews

Brand: Lush

Lush Fresh Farmacy

Doesn't make it worse

I tried this for a period of time but I think my skin is too sensitive. When I wash my face with only water, bp from the regimen and moisturize, my skin is the happiest. This cleanser didn't necessarily make my skin worse, I actually liked how balanced my skintone looked, but when I had used this for a couple of months it just felt unnecessary and I still had small white under-the-surface bumps. I think this cleanser could work wonders for people who are not as sensitive though! Just make sure you wash all of it off.

Comments

Left residue and caused acne

I really wanted to like this product but I really hated it for my skin. In fact it made my skin worse. The only positive was that my skin looked less red because of the calamine. I still had existing acne/cystic acne and it did nothing for it but made it worse. It clogged my pores and was terrible to wrinse off.. I always felt residue left over even with a toner. Just bad all over for me.

Comments

"GREAT PRODUCT FOR ANY SKIN"

i literally bought this yesterday and because i have combination skin, its hard to find a product that works..however, this bar helped my skin by toning down my redness and reducing the look of oily skin and managed to control my flakey skin around my nose. after washing i used the eau roma toner and my skin absorbed it seconds! i bought the small bottle of eau roma for around $10 and i got the bar for $8, the total with tax came up to around $22, in my opinion its not that expensive and very much worth it! so far so good!

This is worth

If you have any kind of oily, combination, or acne-prone skin, this product (followed by judicious non-comodogenic moisturising) will make your troubles disappear! It's also great for soothing irritated pimples - just dab the corner of the bar in water, apply to the spot, and let it sit overnight! Works on bug bites too, cos it's calamine! :)

So far so good

I have been using this in conjunction with Lush's tea tree toner and Sudocrem (zinc cream) for only two weeks and I can't complain, I normally wake up with new breakouts every morning but since using this morning/night I haven't had any new spots, my face gets quite itchy and inflamed around my trouble areas and this calms it right down and takes the sting out (it contains calamine which is a natural skin calmant, the main ingredient in calamine is zinc). It smells great, it's natural, it lasts for a long time and it's relatively cheap and easy to get. Only downside is that it doesn't lather very well but you still get that clean feel, I personally haven't had any problem with residue, I just wash of with warm water and apply tea tree toner afterwards. It also cleans and closes pores beautifully.

LOVED THISSS!!!

I've always been a fan of Lush, but I was sceptical when it came to their skincare (I just thought it would be too weak). However, after hearing great things about this soap, I decided to try it out. I stuck to it for about three months (and got through one bar- it lasts for ages considering I used an ample amount twice a day), and my face was almost completely clear apart from the tiny under-the-surface ones that are stubborn as heck and feel rough. For that reason, I moved on to another product, but I do wish I continued with this. TO be honest, I'm just glad I have it as a back-up in case I don't find anything else that's as (or more) effective.

Hey. Thanks for the review. Can you please tell me that which product you used for those under-the-surface ones?

Smells lovely but dries up my face like no tomorrow...

I've been using over-the-counter type products since I was a teenager (now 27) and really want to get off these products and have been looking for something more natural. After reading these reviews I thought 'wow', I can't wait to start using it! Sadly, this product dries my face. I've even developed a patch of dry, flaky skin on one of my cheeks after 4 days of use. This is not to say the product isn't great, it just isn't great for me. I don't know how long it takes for new cleansers to adjust but if my skin doesn't adjust in a week I think I am going to have say goodbye to Fresh Farmacy..

Good for redness

Clears redness and dries acne but even after rinsing 10 times it still leaves some residue which i can feel. Make sure to apply toner after using it to clean all the residue that can clog your pores. It doesn't lather quite well.

Comments

Best Cleanser for acne-prone skin!

I hate spending too much money on cleansers but this one is definitely worth it. I have noticed that my skin calms down after using this and my acne heals quickly with this. It does leave your face with the squeaky clean, dry feeling. I recently started using Accutane, and of course for the past two weeks my skin has been going through its initial breakout stage. Nothing seemed to help heal the pimples (BP spot treatments, tree tea oil etc) I figured I'd go back to my fresh farmacy, and literally after 3 days my face has been clearing up and the redness from the Accutane looks less severe. Sadly, this cleanser does dry my skin even more, but right after I pat dry my face I apply a thick cream. LOVE THIS!

Amazing cleanser.

Very good in preventing breakouts Smells nice Doesn't sting or irritate Not recommended for overly-sensitive skin. Doesn't lather up too well I've been using this cleanser for a good while now and I'd use it daily, it prevents breakouts, in my case, but does little in preventing acne. It calms down existing acne a lot, which is great seeing as I'd been looking for a cleanser that wouldn't dry out or sting. Although when buying it, a staff member had warned saying that sensitive skin can react badly to it, I'd bought it despite the warning, as I do not have sensitive skin although the employee had basically explained it had caused him to come out in blotchy spots, although he re-assured this product was probably more often than not very effective. I'd recommend it for anyone without exceptionally sensitive skin.

Comments

- Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. - Doesn't cause dryness. - Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth without redness. - Nice scent. - Seems expensive, but you decide how big the slice is, so you can buy as little or as much that you can afford :) - Can only be bought at Lush stores or ordered online. Loving this so far. My skin is very sensitive and if I use the wrong product, it turns red / itchy / blotchy / sore right away but this hasn't done that and the hormonal outbreak I had along my jawline and neck started drying up when I started using this. So far I've been using this 3x a day (my skin is really oily) in the morning, afternoon and evening with no irritation so far. I bought a 120 gram bar that I've sliced into smaller chunks and keep the rest in a sealed container to save it.

Comments

- vegan & all natural - smells great - calming on skin - non drying - lasts a long time - evens complexion - doesn't lather too well - won't heal acne This is an awesome, gentle cleanser. If you have dry or sensitive skin this is perfect. it doesn't irritate your skin. and is very calming and gets rid of redness.

Comments

- all natural, fresh, and handmade - vegan - gentle on acne - calms redness - lasts a long time - good for sensitive skin - great for combo skin/all skin types - not necessarily "acne fighting" - "natural scent" maybe unpleasant I love this cleanser. I went to Lush for the first time this year and am so happy I did! The sales people are lovely and helpful. They described each product to me without hesitation and gave me tons of samples. This being one of them. I have been using it every morning for the past month - it leaves your skin soft and pale with little to no redness. It is incredibly gentle and doesn't irritate my skin at all. (I rub it between my hands to get a lather, rather than rubbing it directly on my face.) Fresh Farmacy removes excess oils without drying and tightening the skin. It also doesn't make my acne irritated, and hasn't worsened it. I haven't even powered through the sample I got, and I have just bought another 100g of it last week. I think I will cut it into sample sized slices so it lasts longer as well. Definitely a great buy - and if you're hesitant, ask for a free sample!!

Comments

- Doesn't irritate my skin - Skin feels very soft after using - Contains more natural ingredients and less worrisome chemicals than many products - Option to exfoliate or not exfoliate skin - Costly for one small bar As far as cleansers go, this is the one I use and the one I recommend. It does its job well without irritating the skin, and has an impressive list of ingredients. But please remember, a cleanser is only the first step in treating persistent acne. Don't buy this expecting it to clear your skin by itself; nothing that you apply to your face and then immediately rinse off is going to do that. It's soap! One great thing about this product is the option to exfoliate or not to exfoliate. You will find that the bar itself has a rough texture, and if you wish you can gently scrub your skin directly with the bar. Otherwise, just scrub it onto your hand and then apply the lather that way. I can't stress enough that one product alone is not enough to clear your skin. But if you're looking for one of the best cleansers to use in your regimen, this along with several other cleansers from Lush is on the top of my list.

Guest Isabella D.
Guest Isabella D.

skin feels very clean after a wash calms my acne easy to wash off sometimes stings on my acne spots weird chunks hurting my face didn't prevent from getting new acne hard to get it leather up in my hands I wont use this soap everyday, but I liked how it washes off easily and leaves clean feeling. Added info: when I used herbalism from lush, it broke me out in places I have never broken out, and it has been 2 months since I used this product, and still trying to get rid of acne that troubled using herbalism. BAD BAD BAD!

Guest Jasmine
Guest Jasmine

It works on my super sensitive skin, with all cleansers my face usually goes red and stays red, but with this one it goes red for the first 5 minutes, and then completely calms down! No redness at all! -It's completely non irritating -The smell is fine (Just like a regular soap) -Also kind of helps with acne scars -The bar lasts a long time -I find soaps harder to apply and I feel like I'm wasting the product when too much lather is produced and It ends up going down the sink. I like liquid face washes for this reason. -If your skin is not sensitive and you have quite a bit of acne that you want to get rid of, this product probably isn't for you -Doesn't completely clear skin The main feature of my acne is my irritated, red cheeks, which also happen to be oily. :/ But with this cleanser, it happens to take away the oiliness without making it irritated! A+! I have two red acne marks on my cheeks which look totally small but can completely take over my cheeks and give them a red glow. But with cleanser, I've seen that the acne marks have been less effective at radiating their usual redness. And I've only been using this for a few weeks! I only got a small sample, (Thank you generous Lush consultant!) And I've been using it for around 2 weeks, it's still the same size! If you do get a bigger bar though, cut it up into small pieces to avoid wasting it and use one small piece at a time.

Comments

IT'S OFFICIAL! After 2 months I can definitely say this product has cleared my acne, EVEN my hormonal acne! -Natural ingredients -Not overly drying for my combo skin (was a little drying at first) -Evens complexion, seems to help hyperpigmentation over time. I used to be very oily at the end of the day, but not now! -Rinses clean, without that tightening of the skin afterwards. Sometimes that tightening is reassuring, but it's working! -Long lasting. Even though it seems expensi -Strange texture to get used to at first. Almost felt like there was a film on my face afterwards, but after using toner it turned out it was clean after all. -Occasional white film on face (probably the chamomile), but if you lather fully in your hands first, it's not a problem. -does not get "everlast" makeup completely off, but toner takes care of that. -Not available at the local store. It can be ordered online, or if you have one near by, you can even ask to buy a small amount t The pros far outweigh the few cons! I *had* adult moderate, occasionally cystic acne, and hormonal flare-ups near "moon-time", and have battled it for 10 years. It's been two months and it has reduced my pimples from 2-3 new ones a day to maybe 3-4 a week. I've had no cystic acne, and the zits now all tend to be small. The best part is this month I didn't get my usual flare-up of 8-12 new zits just before my period. Yay! I'm very optimistic this product might improve my skin even more over time. I'm using this in winter/spring in a mild climate (LA), and hope it works for me in the summer to. A few notes about using this product: it is a natural product, and easily disintegrates in water. For this reason you need to keep it out of stream in the shower, and preferably let it dry out between uses. I just keep it in a soap dish, and lather up one side in my damp hand. It does lather up very much for me because we have hard water, and it doesn't have all those artificial ingredients. Like I mentioned, this product lasts a while. A 3.5 bar, which costs $9 in store and online, will probably last me 4-5 months, washing face and neck twice a day. Very worth the price! Note: I started using this at the same time as their tea tree water toner, which I'm not completely sold on yet, and a home-made concoction resembling their Grease lightening (cuz I forgot to grab it while I was at the store!). I put aloe vera gel, lavender extract, tea tree oil, and some chamomile- these are also all products that are high rated in acne.org's natural/home remedy reviews. It's cheaper than their grease lightening :) After washing and using this and the toner, I don't even really need to moisturize further.

Guest mad
Guest mad

Calming, got rid of pimples at first, all natural ingredients, affordable wouldn't recommend using it everyday, drying, my skin became immune to it because after a few weeks it just stopped working. lush has quirky natural skincare and all they're stuff smells super good but fresh farmacy was a little bit drying. It worked really well in the first few weeks and after that it worked ok but definitely not as well.

Comments

It doesn't irritate skin, leaves skin feeling clean, lasts a long time, calms angry acne! It smells of camomile which is not for everyone, it's expensive, you have to store the bar in a container if you're keeping it in the shower because it will disintegrate. Didn't clear up my acne, just calmed it. It's a good product. I get quite painful pimples so this helped calm them down a lot. I understand what another reviewer said about the exfoliating component of the bar but this one does not have abrasive bits in it. In fact they're quite soft and in no way feel as if your face it being scrubbed away. If you buy a solid block of this (I think mine is 100g) you can cut slices off it to make it last longer. I think My block will make about 6 slices which may last a couple of weeks each. It didn't get rid of my pimples, just got rid of the redness and for that I'd recommend it.

Popular Cleansers/Washes