Laser Resurfacing Reviews

Laser Resurfacing

Non CO2 laser resurfacing experience

It helps. I did my first course 4 months after acctune, on a mild setting, and did not experience any extra scarring. I am after third course right now, im 20 and a female As someone who did both mild and high settings, there is a huge difference. So for people considering lasers, to avoid scammers doctors who will do mild settings to make you pay more, after a high setting laser your skin is red for at least 4-7 days. You get scabs and peeling off for at least week or two. And on mild setting it didnt hurt as much as on high one! Also, remember that aftercare is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!! SUN EXPOSURE MONTHS AFTER PROCEDURE MAY RUIN YOUR SKIN, you need to wear spf 50 everyday. That is why usually laser procedures should not be done in summer... By the way, breaking out after procedure is completely NORMAL! what is not normal is getting cystic acne For me, it works. No miracles, but its helping to gain my confidence back. Did anyone else have done non co2 laser resurfacing too?? Im interested how did it go for u.

Comments

I dont recommend CO2 and any other type of lasers.. Be careful..

CO2 Laser gives me more indentation and extend my scar... My acne scar now also more visible and ı am also suffer from mild depression obssession because of enlarged my scar... I wish ı hadnt done laser treatment... My doctor didnt tell any complications these procedure we have to investigate and protect ourselfes...Now ı'm trying to correct co2 laser(eco2 lutronic) harm... Please dont do these procedure..

hangi doktora gittin :d

Help me get this

I took accutane after having acne for 12 years and it was the only thing that could cure my horrible acne. I thought that when I found the solution to what has wreaked havoc on my skin since I was in 4th grade I would be through with it all. But no. Now I'm left with boxcar scars, the worse kind. My dermatologist informed me the only way to get rid of these now is with a fraxel laser that is typically around $2500. I being a student however am far from being able to afford this on my own, thus I started a page. Read my story, if you feel for me feel free to help, at the very least I'm more than grateful for your time. gofund.me/8h8dtmfw

SILK PEEL TREATMENT!!!

Starting junior year is when my face started to break out. By senior year and cystic acne all over my face. It was so bad that my face looked like it was covered in bright red bug bites. So a year after high school my face still broke out. After all the treatments, from benzoyl to pills to oils to other natural remedies my face just didn't heal. I decided I'll try and go get some professional help. I found this place specifically for acne. They gave me a free consultation and recommended me some of their treatments. The first one was called the silk treatment. I was eager to try it. They charged $125 for the first time. It was painful since it was my first time. They used a machine that sucked up my face. After that they popped as many pimples on face. Then they applied several medications on my face. After the whole process I got injections by a real doctor their that helped with my inflammation and healing.The end results was me looking like I got into a fight. Over a few days my face started to appear less red. My face slowly started to peal, nothing embarrassing it peeling in huge chunks. So after a month I went back for another one, and the second time didn't hurt that bad. After a week from the second treatment my face cleared up almost 50-60%. I could finally see my skin tone without any redness. I am currently scheduled for a spectra laser to help get those scars that wouldn't budge. I hope this was helpful. Even though I've spent over $300 already for my face, it was totally worth it. Btw the spectra laser is also $300. But I'm eager for the results.

fraxel laser

Has any body had fraxel laser followed by microdermabrasion two weeks later?? I had fraxel laser two weeks ago and a microdermabrasion was scheduled, they said that the microdermabrasion would give a finished look to the treatment. However, the microdermabrasion left my skin looking worse all the tiny holes from the fraxel are now more visible due to the microdermabrasion. I want to know if anybody had these treatments fraxel + microdermabrasion two weeks later and if its normal or if this tiny holes are going to be permanent??

Please join realself do you mean by that micro pin holes or pin prick scarring? Have the same issue too until now 4 months out left me with bad texture and orange peel texture with tiny holes
Typed a long comment which required establish an acct and now comment is gone. In a nutshell wait 6 mos or more between these two procedures. Any doc who says it's ok sooner than that is either not going deep enough or isn't the same doc recommending the other treatment. Laser is burning off layers of skin and thus means for up to 6 mos your skin is replacing the burnt skin with new. No accutane prior for at least a year and sunscreen is a necessity once doc clears you for makeup. I hope all went well.

Laser resurfacing

I just had laser resurfacing done 5 days ago and had high hopes. They told me to use Cetaphil and aquaphor while my face healed, unfortunately my face severly broke out more than it ever has my entire life. I'm pretty sure it's from using the aquaphor, I wish my Dr had advised me to use something more acne friendly. He put me on antibiotics now which I'm hoping will help but the damage is already done. I just want to warn anyone interested in doing this, wait until your acne is cleared up!!! And don't use aquaphor, do your research!

Are you still here? What is your issue did you do your whole face?
Were they tiny whiteheads? I had this happen on my chin once and it was because of sweating after a procedure.
Your skin needed to be moist-- it was a burn! Vinegar and water spray over the ointment doc used for 3 days as antiseptic. Doubt aquaphor was the culprit it's basicallyvaseline. Donell post-procedure ointment was recommended to me. I also had whiteheads which I think are called millia. They are normal and not really whitehead-- never pick them because you could infect the burnt skin!

It works very well

I am very surprised with many of these negative comments. I work at a medical spa, where we have a CO2 laser, and we use it for many things, including acne scaring. We have had very little complaints, no matter what the doctor was using it for. The doctor I work for teaches other doctors how to perform these procedures, so maybe that is why he is so good. Anyway, best of luck!

I had co2 laser at Harvey Street and it made no difference to my acne, but it really damaged my neck skin, it looks old and crepy now
I agree. I have had dermabrasion, Fraxel and co2. I believe doctors are better able to control lasers than the wire brush in dermabrasion. I have lasered 3x while put to sleep and each time scars are better. I will definitely do it again.

Laser will Destroy your life

Please don't go to laser whatever the issues. I've done lasers & it ruined my face completely: super large pores, lines, wrinkles, scars, pot holes, ice pick holes will suddenly appear out of no where. my skin aged 10 years & now i look like I am an old man with wrinkled face!!! I believe all doctors know the side effects but lie to patients because of $$$. please do not trust them. I am warning you there is no turning back!!! I am so depressed that I often contemplate suicide coz my face is in a mess & i look very very ugly. If u want to be like me go ahead & do lasers!!!!

please contact me asap. moranziv19811@[link removed]
at g m com
Hello Please don't let such thoughts to be in your head I think from in each situation can be possible solution like neoplasty Everything will be ok!
My face is a nightmare as well. I run from the sun and any direct light . I don't go camping anymore because my face is so scary. I to have more wrinkles lines pit holes and look old and scary. I have thought many times to end my life but am hoping there is an answer to my misery before my thoughts turn to actions. My life is ruined and I have paid and paid to only get told over and over that this new treatment will work. It will build new collegen. All lies
Hello are you still here? Me too same problems and issues orange Peel texture and holes in my face? Do u think its permanent? It really ruined your life ive been depressed for three months because of this and loose 8 pounds please help
Hi the CO2 laser left tiny holes scarring on my skin, I went to a dermatologist and he verified the damage; he prescribed me tretinoin gel and a glycolic acid cream, I was told that a series of 3 glycolic acid peels will help to improve the apperance of this texture, hopefully it works. CO2 laser ruins your skin, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, there are many other options to improve scars, don't give up.Try raw honey to wash your face, I've heard that this helps with the large pores.
It sounds like your doctor was not a good one or you may not have had good post-procedure product or did not use 50+ spf sunscreen. And then again some nationalities don't do well with lasers. If that's the case and your doctor didn't recognize/notify you, then maybe you should file a lawsuit-- that could be malpractice. Another doctor might be able to fix your skin. Use only a board certified plastic surgeon. many of them volunteer to help those patients that really need help and don't have the money. Research and I hope you find one. Keep your chin up and try to count the blessings in the other areas of your life.
What about profractional laser on low settings will it work for large pores and ice pick scarring or will it make everything worst

fractional laser treatment - didn't work for me

Quick recovery Not very painful Very minor improvement Expensive I had fractional laser treatment at a clinic run by the Harley medical group in London back in 2012. I had TWO courses of four treatments so eight in total - i thought i had seen an improvement after the first course but it was very minor and i think the second course did absolutely nothing. I paid £900 for each course so wasted a lot of money. The treatments were done by a nurse who was about 20! . I recovered completely within 5 days and could wear make up two days after treatment. I think in all honesty if you recover that quickly you will not see significant results. I have found that my skin is now prone to boxcar scars , i had a cystic outbreak of acne while pregnant which only subsided two months ago and have 4 obvious boxcar scars on my right cheek which are worse than the ice pick scars i was trying to treat originally. I am sure this was because of the laser treatment as i had not had any new indented scars since i was 18 even though i have had acne on and off since then. I had severe acne aged 14-18 which caused all the ice pick scars. I am now considering getting ablative laser treatment at a hospital in London , it would be done by a cosmetic dermatologist and he insisted on doing a test area first ( which was done on Monday) , his whole attitude has made me a lot more confident however i am worried that i will have a breakout after the treatment, as people on here seem to have done . Anyway my advice is if you are going to have any kind of laser treatment please do not go to one of these clinics, do some research and find a qualified doctor to carry out the procedure . I was very naive but have definitely learnt from my mistakes . If i decide to go ahead with the ablative laser treatment i will post before and after pictures and write a comprehensive review . Oh and just to add my scars have been classed (by the Dr) as mild to moderate which is why he has suggested using the stronger laser , he said that fractional lasers are really only helpful for mild acne scars .

All people are acne problem.laser solve problem but effect time is long time.
Plastic surgeons are your go-to for lasers. Research. There are websites devoted to plastic surgery with blogs and reviews and recommendations. I think the series of treatments are a waste of money. Do it once, get put to sleep and go deep. Make sure you have 10 days off before you have to face the world.

DOT Co2 Laser:

I have had a total of three Co2 DOT lasers performed by a well-known dermatologist in Washington State. I had all three done within ten months, basically three months apart. Some background on my skin: I had SEVERE and I do mean severe acne from a horrible reaction to Accutane in August of 2008. It was so bad that I had to be home-schooled by a tutor for the first half of my sophomore year because on my first day of school, people thought I was diseased. Yes, it was that bad. The acne however, cleared up - but as you know, sever acne usually leads to severe scarring (which is worse.) Some how, my scars were not traditional acne scars - they did not indent, but they were a dark-red color, mixed with raised scarring and hypopigmented scars. It is/ was a mess. I was left with shallow-indented scars which were reduced by the three laser treatments, however, my hypopigmented scars and redness were never reduced. Now I'm sure you're thinking that these red scars I mentioned were just post-inflammatory and that they went away. WRONG. They have not gone away. I will tell you what has somewhat helped with my hyperpigmentation/ white scars: Hyperpigmentation - not washing my face. Not using retin-a. Not using moisturizer. Not using exfoliants. ONLY using sunscreen. Hypopigmentation - Rubbing ginger root on those areas. BTW - this review is probably choppy and terrible because I'm wayyy tipsy right now. But if you have any questions, please ask :) WE CAN BEAT THESE SCARS/ ACNE, PEOPLE. XOXO Steven

Acne is burned skin and face look not good.contact given best provide service.
C02 Fractional laser is mostly helpful to correct depressed scar, especially box & rolling scars, it may also help hypertrophic scars (raised above the level of the skin). However, red scars necessitate the help of vascular lasers (pulsed dye laser, KTP laser or intense pulsed light). <a href="[link removed]" target="_blank">Philippe Abimelec MD, dermatologist, Paris France</a>

Peeled some older marks Pain Can't go out for atleast 5-6 days Expensive Orange peel texture Made face more oily Broke me out horribly Made new scars appear Red Blotchiness Big pores Don't do it! it may seem like it works at first but after 6 months your face becomes a mess. I only got it done on my cheeks and you can see the difference from my skin before fraxel and its SO much better. And its funny because I ONLY breakout where I got fraxel done..... I regret it. At first it seemed like it worked but after a month I started getting real bad cystic breakouts. PLEASE DON'T do it, its not worth it!

Hello are you still here? Did you heal?
Guest Orlando Florida
Guest Orlando Florida

Fraxel Repair..Worked very well on my skin. I'm 45 aging and had acne scars. I had two repair treatments 1 year apart. My skin look great: much younger and acne scars are not visable. 5 days down time. That is the only thing that is tough I highly reccommend it.

Comments

None Orange Peel Texture Fat Loss burning and tightness under skin More scars Micro holes Hypo and hyper pigmentation Cystic acne I had Sciton Profractional laser done to my cheeks for mild acne scarring. Before this I was just using lemon juice to take care of my scars and it worked so much better. If I could only turn back the hands of time. Please really think about having this procedure done. A dermatologist performed this procedure and it ruined my skin. It is serious surgery. It destroys all your good collagen and replaces it with weaker scar tissue. I am 33 and am considering getting a fat graft. Before this I only had to worry about acne scars that only very few people notice. Now I am battling skin discoloration, more severe acne, scarring and textural changes, rapid aging and depression.

don't depress contact laser clinic solve acne problem.
Are you still here? Did youbheal?

it can improve scars may leave permanent scars (little dot tracks) may cause long term, possibly permanent damage to pores if you don't have clear skin at time of treatment will alter your skin, so that if you get breakouts afterwards you will get nasty (boxcar type) scars almost every time and these will be permanent If you don't heal well, you may notice loss of facial fat/ collagen (?) - you definitely don't want that. i had two pro fractional treatments. the first one went well, I was really happy with the results on near my temple where i had the most scarring (boxcar), shallow, less than 1 mm. I thought that I would do this 1x/ year to rebuild collagen and as anti aging precaution as well as a scar treatment - last time the doc was much more aggressive only this time i have track marks, my formerly healthy skin has permanent track marks and almost every big pimple leaves a bad indented scar probably because my collagen structure was altered. I had some breakouts when I did the treatment because the dermatologist said it was just slight, no problem - well - it was IMO more than slight and my advice to you is don't do it unless your skin is clear. also don't do it unless you plan for your skin to continue to be clear. In hindsight I regret going an almost uniform depth on my whole face including the perfect skin. I would say if possible only treat the areas that really require it and don't have a treatment that is too aggressive. Since i now have WAY MORE SCARS than before over more of my face, I'll probably do another laser treatment at some point - however I will prefer to only treat the scars, as lightly as possible and only when my skin is totally under control. Right now I'm still trying to get pregnant and I have PCOS which causes mild to moderate hormonal acne all the time so I can only use AHA and BHA - nothing else so... hence I have to tolerate these breakouts which are scarring my face..........I would not subject pretty nice, healthy skin to this treatment. It will stress that skin. It stands to reason, after pro fractional your face will be all bloody. I think also that age might matter. Probably younger skin with lots of collagen and or fat and that heals really well does better with this.

i did two co2 fractional laser without any improvement :( do you think if i do more treatments will help because some people say that you have to do more treatments to observe results ??

Cutera laser for laser genesis and telangectasias ruined my skin. Had mild acne and rosacea. Has severe photosensitive reaction which made pores large and scarred my face I had photosensitive reaction. I broke out badly and now have a scarred face

oh goes best clinic take a best treatment.
oh goes best clinic take a best treatment.
Guest Vanity
Guest Vanity

- Smoother Skin - Eliminated superficial scarring on cheeks - Even skin tone - Two day downtime + one vanity day - My marionette lines are gone When you take off the Vaseline ready to see your GORGEOUS skin you just paid a fortune for... you find whiteheads all over your nose, cheeks and chin. -I thought my life was over. If I read these reviews before I had my Pro-Fractional laser operation - I don't think I ever would have gone through with it... It is not THAT BAD you guys. It all depends on what the doctor is working with. I am a 21 year old female who has had a history of persistently light-moderate acne - depending on what time of the month it is. I had a problem with some superficial dents on my cheeks and really just wanted my skin to look like a 12 year olds. If I had baby skin and a few pimples I could live with that. Procedure was PAINLESS ok.. PAINLESS!!!! My doctor performed at 11% and 200 microns with Licodine numbing cream before hand and the procedure lasted about 10-15min. It was uncomfortable around my eyes and chin but I would not say it was painful - more irritating than anything and I have NO tolerance to pain. If i get a papercut I will cry all day from my low pain tolerance and neurosis. I did not bleed - I had about 10 dots of blood that you could not notice unless you were right up to my face. 48 hours later I washed my face and was mortified by my breakout and uneven skin texture/tone but the next morning it was 40% better with 70% of the new breakouts gone. This is a procedure you really have to wait on - be realistic. They are not burning off everything in sight - they are creating 1000's of microscopic pinholes in your skin. You wanted fast healing? Well your going to have to wait for the results. In three weeks I am getting another one done at 300 microns. I definitely think everyone should stop reading all these negative comments and think for themselves. My choice was a very fast one, I had read about the laser, and in 48 hours I was at the dermatologists. Best choice I have made for my skin in a long time

Guest anonymous
Guest anonymous

It works. It is painful, expensive, scary and you can't leave home for at least 3 days. I am quite surprised to see that so many people have negative experiences with this. I have done this 3 times now. I have acne scars but no fresh acne. About 3 years ago, I did one round of FCO followed by a lighter round about 2 months later to further stimulate the collagen growth. I definitely saw improvements over the next few months/years. Smaller scars has disappeared while the larger/deeper ones looked shallower. I did not realise how much my skin had improved until I saw my "before" photos from 3 years ago. That was enough for me to go ahead and do it again a 3rd time. So far, it has been 1.5 weeks since I had my 3rd round. The effect it has had on my remaining scars was above my expectations. I am still a little pink from it but the healing seems to be complete. With a bit of light makeup, it is almost as though I have never had any scars. The first time around, I did my research based on the procedure itself (how it works, what to expect, how to take care, etc) but not so much on reviews and feedback. I have only just seen these reviews so it is a little surprising. If I had seen this earlier, I might never have dared to attempt the procedure. I guess the effect really depends on your skin type, the care taken by the dermatologist and also the after-care. All I can say is make sure you have a qualified and creditable dermatologist to carry out the procedure. If you happen to have extremely sensitive skin, you may want to reconsider going through with it as it may not be suitable for your skin. If you are still having active acne, you may want to ask for oral antibiotics to suppress it as the laser treatment stimulates the skin and may cause fresh breakouts. From days 1 - 5, it is quite normal to see "additional" scars, redness, peeling, crusting (you name it!). I will admit that it is really scary. I call it the "toast bread" look. But it is only temporary. It will get better when your skin heals. I think it is def

Popular Medical