Lac-Hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion Reviews

Lac-Hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion

The Best Moisturizer

If you're not used to AHA it will sting and feel uncomfortable the first few times you use it, but I swear by this stuff now. It makes my face glow, gets rid of newly formed acne quickly, and actually makes my face feel moisturized. It does cause flaking if you're using it for the first time or haven't used it in a while, but I think it is well worth it.

Comments

hydrates & moisturizes well clogs pores and causes break outs on face DO NOT USE ON YOUR FACE. I read all these amazing reviews and I do like it for areas of my body, but on my face and chest it made me breakout a lot. I thought maybe it was something else but then tried it again a few months later and again it made me breakout :(

Guest Henry
Guest Henry

Gentle and very moisturizing Comes in a big bottle and last forever! helps with red/brown marks. none! I used it in accordance with the regimen. It was very moisturizing and good. Also it lasted for few months. However, I don't use this anymore because i am not using BP and am trying other stuff.

Comments

-Will hydrate your skin for the whole day. Absolutely NO dryness. -Has a mild AHA (5% lactic acid) that will help control flakes and even contribute to the prevention and fight with acne. (Not enough to depend on by itself though) -No smell -A lot in one bottle -Pretttttttty thick. You're gonna get pretty fustrated trying to spread this stuff around. -WILL. STING. SO. MUCH. But this subsides in about 30 minutes afterwards, and gets better the more you use it and the more your skin gets used to it. -The bottle is squeeze :/. I'd rather pumps. -Requires a SPF. Don't go out in the sun for long periods of times without protection. This is a quality moisturizer. It will hydrate your skin, control flakes, and even help a bit with your acne. While it is thick, its still thinner than things such as Cetaphil. If you have tolerance for the stinging and can be smart with it, I recommend this 100%.

Comments

- Moisturizes - Heals skin - A little sticky after applying This is the first moisturizer I have used in the past 4 or 5 acne-ridden years of my life that I felt was actually making a noticeable difference. I have tried CeraVe, Complex 15, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, petroleum jelly, hyaluronic acid, etc. NOTHING has worked as well as Lac-Hydrin Five. Which is not to say that it's a miracle worker. It does moisturize and heal skin, but the results are less than amazing. Nevertheless, it's still leagues ahead of CeraVe, my previous moisturizer of choice. And it doesn't seem to clog pores or cause breakouts (I think this is because the lactic acid has a light exfoliating effect). As a side note, I also applied this to a patch of dried, cracked skin on the heel of my foot that had been causing pain for weeks. The pain went away after 2 days of use. Now THAT was amazing.

Guest Brian
Guest Brian

Incredibly moisturizing! (even in the harsh midwestern winters) Helps to fight off all acne past, present, and future! Perfect compliment to Dan's Regimen A bit pricy and hard to find. I had to get mine off of Amazon. But this should in no way turn you off of this product. If you are like I was and couldn't find that perfect moisturizer, look no further!!!! I like to think of myself as the "universal acne sufferer". In other words, I have a textbook case of acne. I'm a teenager who has mild-moderate hormone-related acne and whose skin is moderately sensitive to acne fighters. I've gone through it all: BP, salicylic acid, Dan's AHA+, etc. All of it tore up my skin something fierce!!! However, I stumbled across this little miracle and needless to say, it's fantastic! As other reviews have noted, though, it can sting a little bit for a short time after the first handful of applications. To avoid this, I mixed a dime sized amount in with an equal amount of some leftover acne.org moisturizer (the last bottle of that crap I ever bought by the way) and it REALLY helped to ween my skin onto it. It was a little bit nostalgic of the first few weeks of being on the Regimen, lol. Anyway, after about a couple days of that, I upgraded to about a quarter sized amount and applied it the same way any acne sufferer should with anything (slowly and gently). It dries in about 10-15 min. About half the time it takes for the acne.org moisturizer. This is perfect because that is about how long it takes me to get to work/school. All in all, good choice on my part. I highly recommend this product with every fiber in my being. You should not pass this up!!!! Those negative reviews are from people who give up too quickly and are mad at themselves for not being disciplined enough to take care of their acne.

Comments

*Reduces the appearance of Acne Scars. * Moisturizes Skin *Reduces Breakouts *Apparently makes you more sensitive to the sun! I had a particularly bad breakout in December after visiting Paris and having to weather the horrible climate. On my flight from NYC to LA they took away my Olay lotion due to the 3 ounces rule, so I was left with no lotion and horrible skin. I proceded to buy LacHydrin 5, and WOW! Although the BP and LacHydrin produce a significant amount of flaking (due to the AHA acting as an exfoliant?), I can say I have cleared up faster than ever before. My complexion looks much more even, my breakouts have been minimized, and my skin just looks healthier overall. I will definitely continue to use this product and can't wait to see how my skin will look when it's fully healed.

Comments

Fixes dry skin Mini facial peel Eliminates flakes Stings but no pain no gain in this case! The brand I used is AmLactin which you can get at Walgreens. I have severe dry skin with some eczema but AmLactin cured it well! Expect your skin to sting and peel in the beginning. After a bit, your new skin will merge without the dryness and flakes!

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

lightweight, clears up eczema, can be used on face, body and even dry heels. Great for sensitive skin none I had severe eczema on my chin about 15 years ago. The first time I used it, I could feel some tingling. It cleared up my eczema in two hours. I have sensitive skin and it has improved the sensitivity. I am 51 years old and look 15 years younger. I constantly get compliments on my skin. I've had acne problems before I used this problem and have had very little acne since. I use it twice day and use an apricot facial scrub before I apply it in the morning. I like that it is lightweight and absorbs easily. It can be found at any Walgreens. A bottle which costs about $12.00 lasts over 6 months. My male store manager at work used it on his severely dry feet and it cleared up the dryness in 2 weeks with regular use. It is safe for your face and your whole body.

Guest Vee
Guest Vee

Lightweight, non-sticky, odorless, very moisturizing without causing breakouts. Stings the first few times you use it (but this does go away fairly quickly with repeated use). Also stings if you have any cuts on your face (also goes away after a moment or two). Somewhat hard to find. I have tried several different moisturizers trying to find a brand that doesn't cause me to break out. This is the ONLY moisturizer that I have used that not only doesn't cause new breakouts, but actually contributes to the acne-fighting process. The lactic acid in this lotion not only keeps my face from flaking when I use benzoyl peroxide, but also seems to help keep my pores clear even when I run out of BP. My face is also smoother--I like how less "bumpy" my face feels! Here's my regimen: I apply a thin layer of AHA lotion to my face, then mix a dime-size amount of Lac-hydrin Five with an equal amount of 2.5% BP in my hands, and spread it all over my face. Then, to keep it from drying in streaks, I pat my face lightly with my palms. I've been using this lotion for 7 months now and you wouldn't believe how this routine has helped clear my skin. I don't even need foundation anymore, and my face isn't as oily as it used to be either. I would recommend it to any acne-sufferer.

Comments

only lotion that works on my eczema, especially for the body i was a huge fan of lac hydrin in the past, but couldn't find it at my local drugstore for a few years and tried to replace it with thicker creams, such as Eucerin. i tried Sarna, which claims to ease itchiness. Sarna is not moisturizing and Eucerin does not sink into the skin (even after i apply it right after i shower). neither last as moisturizers and i'm awake at night scratching my legs till they bleed. i finally tracked down some lac hydrin and from day one, i was itch free and i could feel it moisturize below the surface. it also seems to protect/moisturize until you wash it off, so the effects last for hours.

Guest shooshoo
Guest shooshoo

Fantastic! It contains AHA and really helps to keep away flakes. Makes my skin very smooth and soft. Dries nicely. Does not feel greasy Can feel sticky and gooey going on. Might be difficult to spread around, but dries very nicely. Lac-hydrin might be a bit much using alone on just your face. I like to mix it in with other moisturizers such as Dan's or Olay SPF for sensitive skin to help spread it around since it's a bit thick and could be hard to spread around if you only want a thin finger length's worth. Gives them a bit of a kick with the added AHA :) I love this moisturizer and use it everyday, twice a day mixed in with other favorites.

Guest LORI
Guest LORI

This is my all time favorite night moisturizer for my face. A little heavy for day use. Some people don't like it for the face b/c it does sting until your face gets acclumated to it, but it does work wonders, lightens scars and turn around time. Does cost a little much, but you do get tons! One bottle usually will last for months and you can use it for those bumps on the back of the arms too. I always come back to this lotion! After using the regimen for awhile and my skin clears up, I think I'm normal again and always try something else but my skin always breaks out again. This with the purpose bar soap and bp 2.5% (at night only) with this lotion over it....my face gets really clear and soft. I'm 31 now and my face never broke out until I was 25 (adult acne)...needless to say I didn't know what to do, and a friend recommended this site.....boy has it made a difference in my skin. SIMPLE AND VERY EFFECTIVE....THANKS DAN!! :)

Guest Farrah
Guest Farrah

Moisturizes my skin without feeling heavy or sticky. My skin feels extremely soft. Need a prescription Love it! Use it daily. I haven't tried it on my face but it has definitely improved the overall texture of my skin. Originally got it to treat my sons eczema.

Guest RN
Guest RN

Good for eczema on certain skin types. Please!!!don't apply this product to your face. It is not intended to be applied to your face because of the AMMONIUM in this product.Our faces are very sensitive to this chemical...apply to the body only. Just a friendly reminder :) All you can do is try it out.

Popular Moisturizers