La Roche-Posay Effaclar K Reviews

La Roche-Posay Effaclar K

3 Stars

This worked quite well for me when I was 18/19. But I think it works better for teenage acne than adult acne. Eventually it just stopped being effective. It also dried my skin out quite a bit, and when skin gets dry, it moisturizes itself by creating oil...which of course gives you acne. I was happy with this product for a while though. It didn't work wonders or anything but it did a good enough job.

unfortunately does not help

I got this transcribed by my former dermatologist, and I really didn't saw any progress. When I read so many good reviews than I only can think about (once again confirms the fact) t we are all different. The same product unfortunately doesn't help to everyone.

Comments

Best Decision of My Life!

I used the Acne clearing system, cleanser, toner and moisturizer- a wk and a half in, I have no breakouts! all old pimples are healed. Blackheads reduced in size significantly to almost normal pores. I had bad scarring on cheeks- red 3inchs, bumpy and darker shades from more recent breakouts- cleared scarring! left with 2cm of slight redness- in 1 1/2 wks! ive seen other people had redness etc- but as I had severe acne I was already using a harsher product (dermalogica- which reduced my entire face of pimples to 5-7 consistently). this product had a great PH 5.5, left my skin feeling moisturized, while you can still notice the drying effect for acne- skin felt fresh, soft and amazing!

Works great for me

I was honestly shocked to see negative reviews of this product...I first found it in a pharmacy while I was studying abroad in France ($32 is a total rip-off by the way, it's so cheap there), and it's been one of the only products that consistently helps my skin. I have combination/oily skin, and so I'm prone to blackheads and whiteheads and the occasional hormonal breakout, but I've found that this stuff does a great job of soaking up the excess oil and keeping my skin clear. If your skin is dry it would probably be too harsh, but if you're like me and you need a little less oil in your life, it's great!

Yeah, Here in France is cheap. And even is not consider as "luxury" product, I found it in any supermarket for around 8 euros. I'm also just studying here for this year.So by sure i will buy a pair of this when i will have to returning at home.
Unicorn lover
The only product on the market that I have tried to rid of my adult acne.
Guest Chelsea
Guest Chelsea

None Stings face Worsens acne Dries out skin Makes face red Causes skin to peel I was desperate for a product to clear my acne so I bought this and it was the worst mistake I've made in a while. Not only did my skin turn bright red, it also peeled like crazy. My skin would sting when I touched it. I couldn't even apply make up. This product also caused my skin to break out all over my face. My face is now covered with painful pimples and I can't even recognize myself. My skin is the absolute worst it has ever been. I never thought it would get this bad. Now I need to go to the doctor and get a prescribed acne medication to clear up my skin. Please don't buy this product!

Same thing happened to me. My acne went from moderate to absolutely horrendous. I saw improvement for the first 2 weeks of using it. However, it all went downhill from there. A full blown breakout all over my face. I ended up being on Accutane 80 mg daily for the next 5 months.

I noticed very little change dried my skin out like CRAAAAAZY was very harsh very expensive for what it is made my face red my face had huge flakes coming off it couldn't put make up over it at all! so, I went to the shop with my mum to get some acne treatment when I became aware of my growing acne. I noticed this product and thought I'd give it a go cause it was expensive so it must work! NO. well, that night I put some on and it felt like rubbing velvet in to my skin! it felt so good and I didn't experience any stinging sensation or drying. I kept at it for a while and by the second week I had like 1cm flakes of skin coming off my face! it was sooo embarrassing!!! it also made my face really red after about three hours of application. it was really random and I was at school which was so humiliating! so, I lowered the amount I was putting on my face and my skin still remained burned and red and flakey. I stopped using it immediately! but it took me about three weeks for my skin to get back to normal:( DON'T USE IT ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN

well, it IS for oily skin...

Lightweight smells refreshing fairly moisturizing... but did not leave skin dewy helps prevent new breakouts from forming no pore clogging ingredients(: paraben free contains salicylic acid Left skin red and irritated when i put it on overnight (I have sensitive skin) Did not deal with already existing acne expensive (only a 30 ml tube) When I bought this product, the assistant helping me said it would also work as a makeup primer.. but after I had put my makeup on over it, the effaclar k and the makeup started peeling and sliding off. The combination of makeup and this product also made my skin look shiny with oil, even though my skin was actually very dry bc of this For me this product was too irritating... red marks left by old acne are much more pronounced now, and they will take forever to fade to what they were before effaclar k :P and it also made my face look like an oil slick whenever I tried to put on makeup, haha. However, I obviously don't want to let the whole 32 dollars go to waste, so I still use this product, but now mix it with 100% aloe vera gel. (I use a combination of half effaclar k and half aloe vera gel on my skin morning and night) The oily appearance issue is solved and it is a good 60-70% less irritating to my skin! plus now it works as a great primer(: so for me this effaclar k didn't work. But I still think it would be worth trying -- it has great potential. i recommend at least getting a sample and testing it out(:

Guest Dan
Guest Dan

It's working. My skin looks noticeably better looking, spots are vanishing. I've used it for over a week and the results are awesome. May dry your skin. It didn't dry mine up, but everyone has different skin. If however the product has dried your skin, don't give up on it. Reduce to one use, and moisturize once a day. The best moisturizer ever is effaclar h. I reccomend this product, because it's clearing my skin up. It's the only thing that has worked for me. I wash my face with a cetaphil cleanser bar, and then apply effaclar k. The product is the best!

Guest Mirjam
Guest Mirjam

- light to use - helps agains oily - not too expensive here - postive effect on spots and pores - skin feels soft none yet! i do use a more rich cream for my eyes and nostril erea I'm 33, and struggled with acne untill I was 30. I love the Effaclar K products for my skin which is not only vulnerable for acne, but is getting a bit older too ;) For me it turned out it was food that was my worst enemy!! I got that tested at a acne clinic (paid by insurance!) , and stopped eating the things that the test told me to. It worked within weeks end within months my acne reduced to 25% of what it used to be! After a few sessions at the clinic and still watching my diet, and changing my makeup (only mineral make-up for me!!) and good skincare products, it has now reduced to <5%. I have some breakouts now and then, becouse I didn't take care of my skin properly (foods, make up, cleaning, etc) but it doesn't get as bad as it used to get

Guest Tara
Guest Tara

Cleared up most of my acne in a few uses Continues to improve my skin Dried out my skin Burned and peeled, especially around my nose Some stinging-but totally worth it! I have struggled with troublesome acne all over my forehead and now T-zone tfor 8 years, since having my children. I've tried lots of things with no results, and was ready to head to a dermatologist. This is the first thing that has made a noticeable difference. I tried out a combo sample pack of the Effeclar K and facewash about 3 weeks ago. Although I found it burned my skin (left it peeling and rough in places) my acne is significantly better! I haven't worn concealer in 2 1/2 weeks. I just bought a moisturizer from the line and an exfoliant that I hope will fix the rough areas. You should definitly try this product!! Go easy at first, and don't use any too close to your nostrils.

Guest Jess
Guest Jess

Smells nice Clears skin and leaves it softer None yet I used this for one week and already i saw results. i wish that it had something to help the scarring but that's a different story. Overall it works for me and i have oily/combination skin and luckily it doesn't make skin oilier, maybe even a little dryer.

Guest Dylan
Guest Dylan

This a product is one of the many acne products i have used in the past but it is one of the most effective. After using the effaclar duo gel and foaming face wash my skin appears smoother and redness has decreased.

Comments

- Gentle; didn't sting - Helped control oiliness - Expensive - Takes a while to get absorbed - Did not make much of a difference to imperfections It was generally a waste of money as it didn't do much to help the condition of my acne. Although it did help to make my skin a bit less oily. Also, I have sensitive skin and it didn't cause any sort of reaction or dryness, which is good. I think this product is worth a try if you are willing to spend the money on it, and also if your acne severity is only very light to perhaps moderate. Good luck! :)

Comments

no visable difference to imperfections burnt my skin (red in colour and scaly texture) drying expensive at first i used this product all over my face as instructed but quickly chnaged to only applying this on my problem area (chin) due to its drying effect. It burnt the skin on my chin quite badly after 3 days of day and night-time use. The area is still red and quite scaly in particularly damaged places. Perhaps this was simply too strong a product for my skin as I had seen it get brilliant reviews before i pruchased it

Popular Spot treatments