Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Makeup Reviews

Brand: Kat Von D

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Makeup

Not the worst, but not good either

I had a very hard time finding a shade similar to my skin tone (did not succeed in the end), but the coverage was very strange. Even tough i have oily skin, after it dried it made my skin look very dry and it cracked in my wrinkles. Disappointed in the quality, but still, at least it did not make my acne worse.

BURNED MY SKIN

I wish I could give this foundation 0 stars. I know so many people that love this foundation, it was recommended to me countless times. As soon as I bought it I applied it! It looked flawless. I cleansed my skin, rid myself of the makeup later that night, and the next morning my skin was peeling off in layers. Fiery red bumps were everywhere. My dad said I looked like Freddie Kruger. I missed school for a week because I was too embarrassed of my skin. Absoultely horrible for me, but I know it is a favorite of many of my friends. (Yes, I purchased it from Sephora. It wasn't a fake that was purchased online that had some chemical in it or something.)

Comments

Wanted to love it so much

I was beyond excited to try this foundation out since I had seen so many people rant and rave about its wondrous coverage and lasting power. I picked up the lightest colour there was (I can't remember the exact name for the shade) that had yellow undertones in it and I was really taken aback the first time I tried it. It was extremely cakey no matter how little I used. It just kind of sat on my skin like a mask and made it look like I was wearing near 4 coats of foundation when I had only used a pea-sized amount. The colour was also really dark for the lightest shade. Apparently there used to be an even lighter shade before the one I used that they discontinued, which is really sad.

Worst Foundation

I love Kat Von D's other products and I initially loved this product too. However, it gave me the most painful cystic acne of my life. Now, I don't have the best skin to begin with, but it made it 1000x worse. I stopped using it for my face and only used it to cover up other places, neck and such while on acne medication and it STILL gave me acne, just now on my neck. I will never repurchase no matter how much I liked how it looked. Now I wonder if her powder products will be just as bad, since I'm trying to go cruelty free, but am not looking for break outs.

YAAAASSSS QUEEEEENNNNN YAAAAAASSSS

this foundation is a god send. The formula is great, it stays all day it DOES NOT break me out and that alone is amazing. Whenever i use this foundation my skin looks porcelain and smooth. i just love it so much try it out seriously

Love it

I used to use the Estee Lauder, but after searching for different brands to cover up my bad acne, scars, and so on found this amazing foundation. I had a few problems with finding good primers so I am using both primer and finish spray from Skindovinia is awesome highly recommended. For a hot day make sure your face is fully dry and just add foundation directly to your face and just use finish spray.

Comments

Great for someone who wants to cover up redness and scaring

I've used this foundation for about a year now, it looks great when you don't have any pimples and covers up redness and acne scars. But when you do have pimples,it looks sorta bad. This foundation makes it really obvious that you have pimples on your face. You're almost better off not using it. Plus when I was trying to cover up my pimples (which didn't work) it looked really cakey and felt like it was really clogging up my pores. It's a really thick foundation too. Not the best product for someone who has pimples everywhere. Also, a little goes along way. And I also find that it oxidizes through out the day (meaning it gets darker)

BEST FOUNDATION OUT THERE

This.stuff.is.amazing.! It is literally the best foundation I have ever used. It covers every imperfection. You definitley dont need a concealer with this foundation. A little goes along way with this. If you use too much it is easy to look cakey. I found this at sephora and it was around $36 dollars. But it is well worth the price and it lasts you along time. The only bad thing is the product sells out fast so it is a struggle to find the right color for you. I had to make several trips to sephora to find it. But I recommend this for anyone with acne and redness, it will cover it all up!

Comments

Best foundation EVER (for me, at least)!

I love this foundation! I mix it with a Garnier gel moisturizer to thin it out (so that I use less) and it's so pigmented that it doesn't lighten! It doesn't affect the texture of my skin (the main issue) unfortunately, but if I get any dark spots, it covers them easily.

Comments

Best Foundation EVER (for me, at least)!

Great coverage

I am always on the hunt for a foundation that will cover up my acne scares! I came across the Kat von d foundation after I saw many YouTube reviews on it. It is on the more pricey side but I think it is worth the money. It actually really covers up acne scares really good. Honestly you don't need much of it to do its job. If applied correctly you will love it.

Great Coverage

great coverage many shades to chose from expensive Fairly thick, yet not heavy foundation that offers full coverage. Even on my large cystic acne and scarring, this foundation when applied with a brush worked like a charm! There are a wide variety of skin shades to choose from as well.

Worth the price

full coverage worth the price long lasting So ive been using this product for about 5 months and it hasnt done any harm to my skin. Ive had breakouts on and off for about 4 years.. My skin is oily so this product does really well with my skin. If you apply too much it does leave this strange smell, but a small pump does go a long way. It definitely is long lasting, i never have to touch up throughout the day. This product is definitely full coverage so it hides any red marks or bumps.

Full Coverage, Long Wear

This foundation is oil, paraben, and fragrance free, and offers very impressive coverage - even better than the Revlon Colorstay foundations. Only a very small amount of product is necessary to completely cover my face. I typically apply with a beauty blender sponge; a slightly damp sponge makes the product easier to blend out. As this foundation 'sets' very quickly, you have to work fairly fast to get streak-free, even coverage. Over all, it offers a full day's wear with very little breakthrough shine. This product is certainly worth the price and is my go-to for particularly bad skin days.

Popular Foundation