Hydrogen Peroxide Reviews

Hydrogen Peroxide

Cystic Acne

I've had cystic acne for years now. I've tried many things and I have yet to be majorly impressed with any spot treatment I try. I've tried tea tree oil (which does work nicely sometimes but it depends where my breakout is), lemon juice, BP, multiple all natural face masks, honey, rice water, and the list goes on and on. The only things I've tried that I truely love are chemical peels and regular exfoliation. I've given hydrogen peroxide a try a few times. I think generally it does work alright for a spot treatment, but I will never use it as an actual face wash. As desperate as I am to finally have pain free skin, I still want to protect my skin so it can look nice when, or if, I ever do get clear skin. Usually after applying it, I can feel a slight itchyness. My doctor says when cystic acne itches it's a sign of healing and I do notice it feels a little more calm afterwards. Cystic acne is hard to treat from the outside, but I think hydrogen peroxide can penetrate the skin more easily than bp and other common acne treatments but that's just in my experience and I can't speak for people with regular acne using hp.

How much time did you leave it on?
Trying going gluten and soy free for a month. That stopped my painful cystic acne on jawline and cheeks.

So far so good!

I pretty much tried everything for my hormonal acne and this stuff seems to work pretty good!? I'm surprised because wtf it's 3% hydrogen peroxide and I'm already seeing some of my acne scars fading away!! I've been using it for about a week now as a toner and I use the Aveeno Ezcema Therapy lotion as a moisturizer (this really helps with Retin A peeling/redness). You really need to moisturize after using it as a toner so you don't end up overworking the oils in your face = grease face. Just make sure that you don't end up getting it in your eyebrows or your hairline as I'm sure it will lighten over time.

How mich time did you leave it on?

HP for Acne on Forehead

I've never dealt with acne, not even in my teenage years (I'm 31 now). Over the past Summer, when my AC broke, I started to breakout on my forehead and over the next few months it got worse and worse, my forehead literally covered. I've tried everything from expensive cleansers and toners, to even being at the point of going to a dermatologist for a medication. As a female, you know how embarrassing this can be. And honestly, who has the money to buy every product on the market? Not me. I was at the point of no return and I know hydrogen peroxide is not to be put on your face long term but I figured, what do I have to lose? Plus, after trying all these fancy products, I figured, why not go back to basics? I started putting peroxide directly on my forehead with a cotton ball. Literally, it's only been a few days and already, most of the pimples are close to being gone. My husband has even noticed the difference! Yes, it does make your face scab and get really dry, so this is not a long term solution but it is the only thing that has helped me. If you use it too long, you will probably have more breakouts, as the dryer your face gets, the more oil it will produce to try to correct itself. So, again, I don't recommend it for long term use and definitely do at a time when you won't be leaving the house much for a few days but my face looks the best it has since my breakout started.

Comments

Only treatment that has worked so far, very effective

I've had mild acne for almost two years now. I've tried almost everything from expensive cleansers to lemon juice and nothing works. Through intensive googling about acne, I decided to try Hydrogen Peroxide as a toner. The first few days were very painful as Hydrogen Peroxide stings on the skin (so if you have sensitive skin, do not try HP) but gradually I got used to it. I immediately noticed changes. I'd pop a pimple, apply HP, and then it would be gone the next day. I was amazed at the speed of this treatment. However, within the first two weeks I also got bad breakouts, but I kept on using HP. At the third week, I noticed I wasn't getting any bad breakouts anymore, and right now the right side of my face is almost clear, save for a few scars. I recently had a cyst on my left cheek and I had it gone in 3 days by applying HP twice daily. I believe Hydrogen Peroxide is the best treatment for acne, but it is widely unknown because dermatologists won't recommend it because they get paid to prescribe expensive drugs. Coupled with good diet, and sleep, I think my face can be completely clear in a few more weeks. I still get occasional breakouts, but now they're small and are not as bad as before and they're usually gone by a day or two thanks to Hydrogen Peroxide :)

Thank you for posting your experience with hydrogen peroxide.
True...I had tried everything for my adult acne. I had it in my twenties and it returned in my late forties with a bit of a vengeance. No matter what I tried, it didn't work. I finally found a great over the counter benzoyl peroxide acne zapper and initially it worked wonderfully then, my skin of course became immune to it. I tried my essential oils - Tea Tree, Eucalyptus and even one of the most potent, Frankincense and though I've used essential oils for even more serious problems and they worked, they didn't work on my acne. So one day, I tried Hydrogen peroxide...in less than a week, the lesions I had began drying up, scabbing and healing. Sounds gross, but this stuff is working. I don't feel it would've worked when I had more severe acne in my younger days, but now it does. It makes the areas itch, but I still have enough oil in my skin that counteracts this problem and the itching is part of the curing...for me anyway. I apply it to the areas affected with cotton swabs, then let it dry on it's own. Some mornings, I still use my Benzoyl peroxide face wash and I just have to say, all is more than well. The best part? Hydrogen peroxide is super cheap to buy. Hope this helps others who are having zit issues. They are NO FUN. Take it from someone who has been battling this for most of my adult life.

It has it's uses...

If you have already popped a pimple, this will likely cause it to scab and scar. I use it to bleach my dark spots on days when I will be home all day, because it does leave my face a little blotchy for a few hours after I use it. Nonetheless, it kills bacteria, lightens and bleaches, and will dry up your acne. I just think there are better products to use. NOTE: This stuff can be strong. Diluting it is a good idea if you're putting it all over your face.

how many times a day should i use hydrogen peroxide to get the best result?

DONT use it on your face

do not use this on your face. it breaks down your skin! but i do recommend that you use it on your teeth.Not only does it kill germs & bad breath, but I regularly get compliments on my nice white teeth.

It breaks down your teeth and bone the same way it breaks down your skin. We recommend if you use hydrogen peroxide in your mouth to dilute it with the same amount of water and don't do it more than once a week. You may suffer bone loss and weaker teeth which can cause severe sensitivity.

do not recommend

I tried this as a spot treatment on several black heads and pimples. It only caused scabbing then scarring and when the scab and scar faded, the exact same black head was still there. Hydrogen peroxide actually may slow the production of healthy skin cell rejuvenation. It does seem to help disinfect things but not ideal for face and acne. I have found that Melrose essential oil works wonders though.

The Best Acne Treatment I've Ever Used

I've had acne for several years now so I have a lot of scarring from leftover breakouts. I've never found anything that has managed to effectively clear them up and also clear up my current breakouts. Let me preface this by saying my skin isn't particularly sensitive, just oily and dirty (no matter how much I clean it), so bare that in mind if you want to try this. I was very very sceptical about putting hydrogen peroxide anywhere near my face but after finding success with some more obscure acne treatments that were drying, I thought it was worth a shot. This product is a game changer. It has literally changed my life, no joke. I have been using it as a toner (concentrating it on active and old breakouts or scars) for about 2 or 3 weeks and my skin is nearly clear of all breakouts and my scars have significantly faded. I looked in the mirror the other day and for the first time in years I noticed my dark circles under my eyes instead of my acne! I've also noticed that my pores are cleaner. They used to be black, I have really bad, almost impossible to get rid of blackheads, but I've noticed they've changed to a greyish colour. Maybe this is the bleaching effect of the hydrogen peroxide but the oil production in my skin has also significantly changed. This does dry out your acne so it can become flaky when getting rid of breakouts. It can make your skin dry if you apply too much of it on areas that don't need it, but that can be fixed with a water based moisturiser. If you have oily skin it will help to balance it out. If you have dry skin, perhaps best to avoid though. To conclude, I'll never go without this ever again. It is the best acne treatment I've ever used and has actually given me hope that someday I might have clear skin.

This is an old review - at the time I had really oily skin with a lot of cystic acne. I no longer use HP but I would still recommend it if you have excessive sebum or as a spot treatment espically for cystic acne.

worked for my sensitive skin! :)

I am a 19 year old college student and have extremely sensitive skin. If I'm in class and put my hand on my face I'll break out- that's how sensitive I am. I went through Acutane my junior year in high school and I had a clear face for about 4 months after using it but then acne came back. I'm mostly familiar with cysts and really tender red pimples. I don't encourage you to pop pimples...but if you do, dip a q-tip into a hydrogen peroxide bottle and place it on the pimple that you popped. BE VERY GENTLE. Don't push as hard as you can to irritate it even worse than it is because it'll leave scars, just barley let the q-tip rest there for a minute or two. It does burn and it's kinda cool to look at the bubbles it makes, but it is COMPLETELY cleaning the pimple from the inside. After doing this a few times a day for only about two days, your skin will look perfect. ONLY POP PIMPLES WHEN THEY ARE READY. Don't do it in the beginning stages and some pimples just aren't the kind to be popped. lol trust me, I've more experience than I want with acne. ;) P.S. I know that everyone's skin type is different, and may not work for you, but its definitely worth the try, maybe just test it out on the pimples that no one sees first (like your chest or back)

it causes more breakouts

No i don't recommend this.. I got more acne, so i stopped using it.. If u want to try it choose an area of ur face where u don't usually breakout and apply it for 3 continues days, if u won't get acne u can use it for the rest of ur face.. And yeah regarding the bleaching effect, definitely it lightened me up but i feel it's useless to get brighter skin with pimples everywhere !!!! for people without acne, I think it might work for them.. P.s: skin type: oily / very sensitive skin type with some rosacea bumps appearing after using somthing not suitable for me..

Comments

it works! give it a try!!

I don't recommend this if you have a sensitive skin. But it worked well for me, it stings but thats the use of it, to clean and disinfect the skin. I used it consistently for a whole week and I was surprised because it minimized my large zits and it left nothing but scars. ;)

Wonders

If you're like me you've tried just about everything for your acne. After years with dermatologists I started to believe that my acne wasn't an external problem, moreso a manifestation of an internal problem. So I began taking herbs, cutting out gluten, dairy, limited processed foods and eating less than 20g of sugars a day. That's when things really took a turn for the better! But I continued to get little bumps here and there. I recently started using hydrogen peroxide and my skins never been smoother. I suppose after all those years of popping, my skin was just seriously infected. The hydrogen peroxide cleans my pores!!! I use it after every shower. Good luck!

Comments

Works good for cystic acne as well

I'm a teen and normaly have mild face acne but bad acne on my back and chest. Te other day I woke up with a horrid cyst on my chin a baby cyst right beneath my lip and a small cyst on my forehead. I was desperate to get rid of it and used hydrogen peroxide. It worked really well after only a day the big cyst has cleared almost all the way just flat and red now, the one in my lip has drastically gone down and the small one on my forehead has also shrunk. I wash my face with beauty counters daily cleanser and use a scar and fixing treatment on my face, then I apply the peroxide to a cotton ball and leave it on the zit for 1-2 minutes. I reapplied the hp throughout the day probably 3x totals. It does sting when it first goes on, but the sting and red go down fast. Everytime it would crust white after a few goes I would squeeze the cyst and get out all the gunk

So Far So Good!

Just put some on and it seems like it's working! I took a q-tip and put it on the pimples and scars and they are bubbling. For those who are reading this and haven't tried it, bubbling is good. It means it's cleaning your pores! I can't wait till' tomorrow!

good so far

I've been using hydrogen peroxide on my acne thats on my forehead for the past 3 days and it seemed to have really helped. First I washed my face then took a cotton ball and poured the peroxide on it and dabbed it all over my face then went to sleep. I do this in the morning and night. At first when I put this on it stings and got a little red but after about an hour the redness goes away and you wake up with a clearer looking skin!

I'm giving it a try

I used this for the first time tonight, and right away my face turned bright red! Idk if it's a reaction or just temporary. But my blackheads and pimples seem to be going away pretty fast n this last hour. I just hope the redness goes away!

So far so good

I started using hydrogen peroxide as an astringent about a month and a half ago and have seen great results. The whiteheads are healing and I don't have new ones daily anymore. Blackheads are even going away. I only use it at night all over my face. After about five minutes I use an oil free lotion. So far so good. BTW I am a 40 year old mom of three.

Comments

Mother and daughter are seeing results

I am almost 40 and have suffered with acne 30yrs. I have tried many things and must say that peroxide and black seed oil (found in many Asian markets)/have worked wonders on my white heads. My pre-teen daughter suffers from black heads and scarring. I have started on her back with peroxide and it seems to be drawing out the oil and dirt. Her back is not as red which to me I'd a good sign. I wish you luck on your journey!

www. myrainlife .com/sharesoul

GOOD

idk if it's the hydgrogen peroxide helping my insanely huge pimples but everytime i put it on a pimple it either shrinks it or brings it to a head faster. worth it to try. some people say it's dangerous but then again everything you're trying to put on ur face is dangerous one way or another. just try a 3% hydrogen peroxide. use it only in spot treating, not for the whole face

I recommend anybody with skin issues especially children because of harsh chemicals they prescribe in today world. This product is 100% natural and is based around seed oils and the husk of the seed. You consume daily in a packet and it's packed full of antioxidents. Check it out there so many skin testimonials. [link removed]

Finally found my cure

I use to live on this website when I was 13/14 in middle school. I didn't have the worst acne but I always woke up with a few new pimples everyday and I was embarrassed by my face. I didn't even like looking at it in daylight. I tried everything, from urine to expensive creams/toner/face washes at Sephora. I'm 20 now, in college, I don't know how long it's been since I started to use this stuff but it is a MIRACLE. Hydrogen Peroxide is a zit zapper. I always get compliments on how flawless and nice my skin looks. I don't even get pimples anymore, all I do is use this after I get out of the shower - morning and/or night.

Do you rinse it off after? And do you add lotion or anything? Just wondering

GREAT SO FAR

I usually get the odd pimple but for the last few months I've been affected by mild acne. We had ran out of astringent so my mom said to use hydrogen peroxide instead. I've only just applied it to my pimples, holding it on top of them for a few seconds with q-tips. Although it's made my face red, the pimples have been immediately and significantly dried out. I hope the redness goes down and assume that a soft exfoliator tomorrow morning will leave my face clear.

Dries out pimples great!

Im 15 w/ mild acne. Dries out white heads nicely. Ive been struggling for a while w/ acne and this has been succeeding at keeping my face clear for almost a month now. I wash with baby wash (lol) and then after my face dries, I just apply a thin layer with a cotton swab over my problem area on my forehead, around my nose, and temples. I dont add any moisturizer over any parts that ive put HP on unless it starts cracking, peeling, etc.

Popular Household/Natural