Gunilla Lerosett for Acne Treatment Reviews

Brand: Gunilla

Gunilla Lerosett for Acne Treatment

i've tried everything

i've tried every supplement, vitamin, different antibiotics, collagen giving up dairy and sugar ...nothing worked. or, it would work initially and then i'd start breaking out again. the acne.org bp regimen never completely cleared me either. don't even talk to me about dermalogica, rodan and (freakin') fields and the rest of them. i finally went back to my dermatologist all geared up to begin accutane. she wanted me to try yet another course of antibiotics and i agreed; but when i went to the pharmacy to pick it up they wanted to charge me over $600. no way. i'm not doing it. i got so PO'd i just left without saying a word. but it did give me more time to further research accutane and i become educated enough to know i will never willingly put that poison into my body. i saw a review for the lerosett products on amazon and started researching yet again. i found their website and decided to order. i don't even know why, as it appears to be just another system. the free trial was appealing, but i thought the three-piece product line which includes the facial wash, mask and serum would better suit me. i had lots of red marks covering my whole face and neck - including seven or eight giant cystic lesions. i began using the products as soon as they arrived and i was not impressed. it just didn't seem strong enough. a few days into it my skin became horribly dry and looked worse than ever. but even with the dryness by morning i was still getting at least 20-25 white heads every day. i had had great success with neutrogena's rapid clear leave-on mask so i started using that on top of the serum, morning and night. the white heads finally stopped forming and i found the rapid clear mask worked well for me, along with the lerosett. i'm about 3 weeks using this line along with my trusted rapid clear leave on mask and i'm thrilled. my skin is no longer dry, or oily, or riddled with acne or cysts. it feels calmer and not as vulnerable, like i'm going to break out at any minute. the lerosett people ask that you don't use other products with the system but i did what worked for me. as i become clearer i will try it without the rapid clear, but for now this works for me. i don't know if i will ever find ONE thing that will work for the rest of my life. after suffering two decades with adult acne it is apparent that this is a process. our bodies change and so will our skin. so this is not a scam. it's something that works for me, and apparently lots of other people. there isn't one product that will work for everyone.

Best Product

in the past, i regularly used the neutrogena stress control cream cleanser. it felt very refreshing and cooling to the skin, but it was terrible at removing my makeup (especially around the eyes) so i had to use another facial wash afterwards. My dermatologist recommended Citrus Clear, because I wanted a natural product to help with the acne. i was pleasantly surprised to see my face and not a raccoon staring back at me in the mirror!! if it can remove my mascara and eyeliner, i know it removes a lot of other impurities too. i have mild acne and since i've been washing with Citrus Clear twice a day (anymore than that will dry out your skin), i've noticed significant improvement in my skin gadecosmetics.se

best stuff on earth!!

Wow I'm seriously shocked at the negative reviews!! I guess products can't work for everyone, but all regular dermatologist products made my skin 100x worse! I honestly will never use another product again. Lerosett speeds the healing time of any pimple by seriously DAYS, maybe even weeks. It will draw out the infections/pimples and help them heal quicker instead of allowing them to stay underneath the skin. Yes sometimes that sucks but afterwards your skin is so clear and smooth. Their customer service is great and they have sales 4x a year..it can be expensive but it's well worth it! I'll never switch prodcuts again and recommend lerosett to anyone with troubled skin.

I agree its just purging. People with really bad acne go to Lerosett. Usually after they find out Proactiv doest work for cystic acne and thats what Lerosett is, for people with BAD acne. If you have bad acne you got a lot of stuff under your skin and your skin will look worse for a few weeks, but thats the reason no other products worked, you never purged out.

Amazing

Less than 30 days ago my face was completely covered with cystic acne. Since using lerosett my face has lost all inflammation and is completely controlled. I plan to use this product for the rest of my life. I recommend it to all suffering from cystic acne!! Now I am just left with the scarring. Which they also have a cure for. I will be ordering the scar cream in next couple days. I am surprisingly pleased with this product. Has cleared my face along with boosting my confidence!

Thats great to hear. You obviously used it every day and used spot treatments as well. You also waited long enough for the zinc to have an effect on your sebum glands and you waited for the next pimple cycle. That next cycle was minimal because the previous masks had removed the clogs that would have backed up the oil in the pores. Unfortunately for some take 2 weeks some take 10 weeks, depending on pimple depth, glad you stayed with it to the end. CEO

Didn't help

I have adult cystic acne on my chin that I have never been able to find success clearing up, other than getting pregnant. Pretty obvious that it's hormonal. I've tried pretty much everything and thought I'd give this a chance. I tried the clay mask for over 2 months and saw no improvement at all.

If you are not planning on getting pregnant, talk to your Obgyn about getting on birth control and Spironolactone. I have been taking it for 6years and it has saved my life!! I didn't have it for 2 weeks once and got a huge cystic blemish on my chin that didn't go away forever. I will never be w/o this medicine again! It's not an antibiotic, it is a potassium sparing diuretic, so all I have to do is watch my potassium intake. Have had no problems.
@SarahESTYHill and princessof7- DO NOTTTT go on medication such as spiro or birth control. yes, it will give you beautiful skin. BUT it is NOT NOT NOT, and I obviously am unable to stress this enough- a permanent solution. Birth control is a synthetic hormone that ends up setting back your skins ability to control its own oil and sebum production, and once you are off of it it will go hay wire. Spiro has its own adverse affects while ON it, and off of it, aye yaye yaye. On it, I have lost the amount, length and thickness of my eyelashes (I can no longer wear makeup because when I do my eyelashes fall out fast and in clumps because they are so thin and frail), my eyebrows are thin and shed like crazy- and my HAIR- it is so thin I see my scalp. These are only surface effects. Internally, your libido disappears, nearly. If you have no hair, virtually anywhere, you already feel less sexy, but it takes away your sexual drive. It also causes an increase in potassium, so forget eating potassium rich foods because that can kill you. It can rob you of your natural water, as it is a diuretic, and it may ruin your kidneys. Stay away. These drugs are hormonal and mess with your bodies natural way of functioning.

lerosett is the only thing i've tried that actually stops my acne. I had a purging period but afterwards my acne never came back. I've been using it twice a day everyday for a few months now and my skin has never looked better. price use is VERY consistently and you will achieve results

Guest Ichance23
Guest Ichance23

none does not work makes your skin red and inflamed it was hard to believe that this worked for 98% of people as there website claimed. i was silly to waste the money on this. it did not work. it doesn't even work as a spot treatment. if it really worked for 98% of people as their site claimed everyone would use it and there would be no more acne. plus they claim it works because it has rassoul clay. rassul clay should not be $34. i now beleive this company is a scam. i found out about it from a guys facebook post. he was a professor at the university of kansas i beleive. i did not think this was fishy. well it just so happens that lerosett is made in kansas and never even touches sweden so i have no idea why it is called gunilla of sweden. this company is a scam and a peice of crap. it will not work. don't waste your time or your money. 34 dollars is a lot for a small tube that doesn't do anything beneficial at all for your skin.

Its not just plain Rasul Clay, if it was why would over 400 of the best acne clinics in America pay for it, after 25 years they can’t figure it out? They would save the money and just use Rasul clay wouldn't they? Its heat treated, this changes the molecules just like limestone changes into cement after its been heated to an exact degree. This increases the effectiveness of the Zink by over 250% by increasing the skin absorption rate of the minerals, that’s the healing part. The absorption of impurities goes up about 300%, that’s the clog part that backs up the oil that causes the pimple. The reason so many LOVE it and So many HATE it is some use it correctly with patience and others don’t, or they didn’t use it long enough. It takes time for the Zink to be work on the oil glands and the clog absorption wont be noticed until your next pimple cycle, 3-4 weeks. Lerosett can be tricky to use that’s why you should call the help desk if your having problems and they will be glad to help you. Then it works, it really does. I wish I would have designed LEROSETT® Clay better about 25 years ago, it took me years to get the temperature treatment right without damaging the mineral content, but my goal was to make a drug free acne treatment. The problem is in the USA that’s against the law since acne is classified as a disease you can only market drugs to a disease. Not so in Sweden and most of Europe you see less acne there too. In Europe they use a lot less acne drugs because the doctors don’t get paid the same way. Also most people with occasional pimples don’t really have acne, its problem skin. Unless you’re chronic with lots of deep cystic pimples that cause scars it’s really not acne. Every teenager gets pimples; does every teenager in America have an incurable skin disease? That’s what acne is; remember that fact when your acne treatment isn’t working, you’re trying to cure an incurable skin disease, like rosacea, psoriasis and eczema. It takes every day effort, never missing a day to stay clear, and you don’t stop for years. Its like loosing lots of weight on a diet and staying that way, it takes effort, the product alone wont do it. If you have a problem with LEROSETT® please call in, when used correctly, for clog related pimples it simply works. It’s a fact; call some of the acne specialists on the web site they will confirm all I said. CEO
Guest Marcy
Guest Marcy

none made acne worse I was so hoping this would be the one to help my 14 year old son with his mild to moderate acne, with all it's great reviews, but my son one was of the 2% that it didn't work for. He started out with somewhere between mild to moderate acne. His acne got worse, which they said that it would. When it came close to his 21 day free trial, I called customer service and told them that it was getting worse each week. They said that he needed more time, so they extended his free trial to 42 days and sent another tube with a free healing serum. Once again a couple of days before the 42 days were up, I called to send back the rest of the product , so I won't get charged. His face continued to get worse each week, to where it's close to severe, and I don't know where to go or begin. I do have to say that each time I called and emailed, that customer service was right there and took time to talk and help me, which was a pleasant surprise, because most customer service departments for online products just stink. I'm glad for the ones that this has helped, but just wanted my story to get out, that there are some that it does the opposite and makes it worse, even when followed as instructed.

They have the best customer service and they care. The family that owes the company is in it to help people, not just to make money, they already have that. Sometimes on rare occasions even when used correctly Lerosett cant do it, but those are rare occasions. Im sorry it did't work. CEO
Guest Chrisaliah
Guest Chrisaliah

Reduices oil, redness, and swelling within first use. Smaller pores, rids acne marks and scars. Very soft and smoothe skin. Pricy I've had severe cystic acne for over 13 years and it took over 2 weeks to purge my skin, but I stuck with it and I've had clear skin ever since. The first time I used it I seen less oil, smaller pores, less redness and swelling. I did break out pretty bad but where as it would take weeks for the acne to dissapear, only took days with lerosett. You also need to apply it in very thin layers, several times a day for it to work. They are very kind and offer tons of tips to help clear your skin. They have a free trial for about $3 plus you get a free moisturizer!

Comments

- Works very fast - Doesn't dry skin out - Flexible - One product and it's easy to work with. - Organic. Just two ingredients. - Leaves skin smooth and truly healed. - Helped my skin's texture. - Doesn't last too long and it can get expensive - Doesn't really help Hyperpigmentation, but then again it doesn't claim to. I don't understand how this didn't work for some people. This was my miracle cure, goes to show you need to try things despite reviews. It took me about two weeks with this mask twice a day to have beautiful skin. It can get pretty expensive, but I don't mind as long as my skin is clear( coupon code for 15% off: 1151). I had my acne for 2+ years and it was horrible. My skin was deformed and I was fearing that I might have to just live like that forever. I had cysts and pustules mixed in my chin and forehead and the the pain was unbearable. I use it twice a day. I saw the change in my skin on day two, the thing I did different with this product was that I believed, I truly believed that it would work for me and I trusted God, and just my luck, it did. Good luck to all :)

Im so glad it worked for you. The reason it doesn't work for some people is because some have very deep pimples and they take up to 3-8 weeks to get out with 2 masks a day. Many of these people will give up or not handle the purging. The problem is without the purging many of these people won't get clear. Your pimples were not very deep since you cleared at 2 weeks, happy for you and your faith.
Guest Megan
Guest Megan

NONE Breakouts Red Spots Itchy Clogs Pores Scam I have been battling adult acne for a few years now and was recommended this product by a spa that did my facials. I researched the website, that made it seem great and effective. WRONG. As soon as I used it I started breaking out in places I've never broken out before and my acne scares were prominent and red. I stupidly believed the site that my skin needed to "purge" before it got better. I followed the instructions and contacted customer service to make sure, which they claimed I was. By the third week of "purging" I decided enough was enough. Now a few months later switching to another care regime, my breakouts from this product are finally getting better though I'm still having to deal with the scares. Please don't get fooled by this product, it doesn't work.

Why would the spa you went to intentionally recommend a product for acne that did not work. They would loose money giving you a refund. Makes no sense. The fact is, you are most likely a 6 week purge, you stopped at 3, typical and thats to long for you. In your case you should have added the ClearPoint supplements it cuts the purging by 50%. Also you are saying that there are over 500 acne clinics and spas that use and sell and acne product that doesn't work on anyone and all those thousands of acne experts have been fooled, after a few refunds they would stop selling it. What makes more sense, about 4,000 acne experts for over two decades have been intentionally sabotaging their acne clients, or you just gave up because the purging took to long for you? comments can be directed to Fred at [link removed]. CEO
Guest katie
Guest katie

None Does not work Bought this because I am pregnant and broke out with terrible acne on my chin, around my mouth area and wanted something safe to use. Used the whole tube and was left with big, angry spots everywhere. Claims to clear cystic acne and they used case studies of people with skin much worse than mine so its clearly a nasty wee scam. Waste of time, money and energy.

Why is it when a product doesn't work for one person that the company selling the product for over 27 years is a fraud? What are the possibilities that you were misdiagnosed, used the product incorrectly or are one of the 3% it just won't work for. How do we know your not with a competitor? I am here because my company has the best customer service in skin care and I am the CEO personally and politely answering a few complaints. You can direct your email to Fred Nilsson at Gunilla of Sweden. I am more than happy to answer any questions. Remember, the hydroponically grown aloe in the moisturizer, face wash and healing serums are just as important as the clay itself. The web site has the phone numbers to the top acne experts who will only use Lerosett, you can call them too.

Skin is smoother, clearer Hyperpigmentation scars are fading Seems safe and natural Gentle, not over-drying or irritating Excellent customer service More expensive than some drugstore options Lots of people calling it a scam It's been about six weeks. In the first few weeks, I was sure I'd found a miracle cure - all my cysts/lesions were shrinking and my skin finally seemed to have time to heal (before this, I was always getting new lesions over old ones before anything could heal itself completely). When my hormones peaked during ovulation and menstruation, I did have flare-ups again, but they seem milder and shorter-lived. I'll write another review in a couple months to update. I'm very impressed with the customer service. I extended my free trial because I wasn't sure after the first couple weeks - no questions asked and no charge. I just called today to order more, and found out that the auto-pay "Clear Skin" program is actually a great deal, not a scam - instead of paying $70 to order clay & lotion, it's only $40 in the program. You do have to let them auto-deduct from your card, but it's at whatever interval you want. And you never wait on hold when you call - a PERSON answers! I'm happy with Lerosett and will continue using it. Seems very good for my skin, even if it's not a complete cure.

Thats a great review, thank you. Actually the person who answered is a licensed esthetician. This is the only acne brand that uses actual licensed acne specialists in customer service, its expensive payroll. That is why there are so many compliments for customer service even if the products didn't work out because they know what they are talking about and they care. About your last sentence. Im sorry to say, there is no cure for acne. The Mayo clinic doesn't have one and Lerosett is not a cure either. However, compared to other products the ingredients are very healthy and good for your skin. The longer you use them, the smaller your pores, less hyper pigmentation and there is evidence that the clay and moisturizer slows aging too. So glad you're happy. Fred Nilsson CEO

Decreases oil production. Tightens pores. Doesn't work for cystic acne. Messy and time consuming. I have used this product faithfully (2 masks per day plus spot treatment) for the last 6 months and I haven't noticed an improvement in my acne. Perhaps mine is hormonal and will improve on BCP, but it didn't work for me. My acne developed after my 3rd child.

If you're sure its hormonal related then its more oil based acne than dead skin cell or clog based acne. You will then have better success with ClearPoint the supplement because it cuts over 50% of oil production and that will clear you better than the clay will. The clay will make your pores smaller and detox your skin. Fred Nilsson company CEO

Clears up skin Deep Cleans Moisturizer that comes with 3 piece system is amazing Doesn't dry out skin too badly Company offers discounts and samples Time consuming Initial breakout during first week of use Have to follow directions EXACTLY for product to work I purchased the 3 piece acne system after I did the sample of the mask. I was going to a spa for facials because I developed moderate adult acne, and the spa staff recommended this product. At first the mask did not work. I was disappointed, however learned it was because I was not using it correctly. Once I began using a very very thin layer twice a day it began working miracles. I was told I could even dab it on a popped blemish to speed healing, and this has also worked (which was a surprise because I thought it would clog the pore up more but it didn't). I ordered the system, which lasts a long time since you only have to use a little of each product...less is more with the products. The acne face wash works well and smells like lemon. I always use the oil free moisture after the mask, and it too is amazing, though it smells a bit funny. Only con with the moisturizer is that it doesn't have SPF. I have read bad reviews of this product and I guess it isn't for everyone, especially if you do not use it exactly as directed (my kit had a yellow paper in it with exact instructions) however I have had success with it. Worked better for me than Proactive and combination of Retnin A and oral antibiotics. The price is also better, considering that the kit is $68 and lasts for about 3 months. Company also offers coupon codes for repeat users. Hope it works for you if you try it.

That is great news, when you use Lerosett correctly, it works, every time. We have actually have people think that one tube is 3 masks and it dried out their face, imagine. One tube has about 50-60 masks and should dry in 5-10 min max. Also the hydroponic aloe based face wash and moisturizer are often critical for many people, the clay is just not enough. For serious deep cystic acne they usually need the supplement as well. Thank you for your kind words and if you have question please contact use, thats why we are here, our experts love to help. By the way antibiotic for acne, you will never win the bacteria war and only create super bacteria. Acne is not like a UTI you will never get 100% of the bacteria and it would not matter anyway, bacteria is not the reason you got the pimple. You got a clog in your pore, oil backed up, the oil got infected and you got a pimple. Bacteria is a side effect. Fred Nilsson
Guest Christy
Guest Christy

Reduces Oil Minimizes pores, swelling, and redness Leaves skin very soft and smooth Noticable improvment within 1 treatment none After just one treatment I could tell my pores were smaller, I had A LOT less oil production, and my cystic acne was less red and inflamed. I've been usuing it for a couple weeks now and my face keeps getting better and better. I paid $2.95 for the free trial and also got free moisturizer. Plus when you become a member you get discounts and free products. This company is amazingly generious and will do anything to help you get clear skin. It makes me mad to see stupid Proactive commertials 100 times a day, when Lerosett is honestly the best product in the world. Please just give them a try. [link removed]

Guest Hannah
Guest Hannah

Dries up breakouts Dries up oil Good customer service time consuming didn't really clear skin long term pricey I started using this because I was trying to find something safe while trying to get pregnant and during pregnancy. I used it for about a month and so really no long term difference in my skin. It broke out bad to start with and then cleared back to how it was when starting. It never did totally clear my skin. I stopped using it and then started again a few months after thinking id give it another try. Same story this time...no real clearing. I really wanted this to work since it was prego safe. It didn't make things worse but it also didn't totally clear up my skin :(

In these cases please call customer service. It could be anything from dryer sheets with wax that clogs your pores when you sleep, to certain medications you can't use when getting clear. We are very generous, you may just have needed the drug-free face wash too, often we will just send it to you for free. Our customer service is rated 5 stars, 90% of the time we can fix the issue over the phone. Thank you. Fred Nilsson CEO

Dries up oil Natural Outstanding customer service Very uncomfortable (Severe stinging & itching sensation) Inconvenient Out of nowhere my trusted avon acne kit stopped working and I started getting acne again. It had been working for a couple of months, so I just assumed it had lost it's potency for me. I freaked out and started on the zenmed acne kit. It only got worse. Then I found I was pregnant! No wonder! I didn't want to use anything that could potentially harm my little baby, so I looked up acne treatments safe for pregnant women and Gunilla of Sweden's Lerosett popped up. I was a little lazy and inconsistent about using it and I only did for a little over a week. I feel like in certain ways it did help somewhat but I also got the "initial breakout". It was hard for me because it takes so long (esp if you're starting off and doing multiple times a day) and because my skin was already so dry, the burning and itching was almost completely unbearable! So I definitely put it off and skipped 2 days out of the 8 or 9 that I used it and only 1x and never more than 2x. Why I'm rating it 5 stars is because the customer service was so great, and who knows if it would have worked or not! I was given a prescription (erythromycin) that is supposedly safe and I started using that. They told me I could keep the lerosett for an addition 30 days and only pay $16.50 because they were sure it would work for me, but if I wanted to send it back, I would receive credit (I contacted them after 3 weeks asking no to charge because I wanted to send it back). Then I told them about my rx and I was sorry and they were SO nice! I like that it is all natural and also the moisturizer seemed pretty good too. If you can't afford lerosett, the clay that it is made with is for sale online for as little as $10/lb and I'm sure would work almost if not as well. I think that's why they won't share all of their studies.. because they're on that clay and not specifically their product. But that's just my own theory! Sorry this is SO long!!!

Comments

Reduces inflammation Reduces oiliness Didnt clear my acne The other two reviews looks suspiciously similar and fishy to me. Anyways - I've been on using the lerosett programme for about a month and a half now and barely seen any improvement at all. In fact I'm currently going through the worst breakout of my life. The much famed mask does help to calm the inflammation and pain associated with massive cystic acne but it doesn't really do a lot to reduce my breakouts. Overall I don't see the point of this product when it doesn't even deliver on its claims. So I'd advise others to steer well clear and invest (this crap is pretty costly) in something more worthwhile.

Comments

Organic, All natural,(no chemicals) Maintains skin normal, not oily or dry. Works great as a spot treatment or facial mask. Pretty expensive, a a tube of 2.5oz is around 30 something dollars, Other than that, nothing really. Overall, this product is great for those interested in a highly effective yet earth friendly facial product. I've tried everything else and this is has been on the few products that has actually given me positive results.Bless the Swedes!

Comments

Organic, no synthetics or chemicals. Does what it says! - normalizes oil production - absorbs excessive oil - effectively removes breeding ground for impurities none so far! Doesn't damage your skin at all. Well not mine anyway, and i have moderate to severe acne and patchy oily/dry skin. Leaves your skin feeling naturally soft and really does help clear up acne! Ridiculously good product! wish i knew about it sooner! Nearly free trial for around $6 including S&H. Plus they throw in free moisturizer which also is all natural and really leaves your skin extra smooth and hydrated!! Please support this company so they can maintain their reasonable prices and so you can find out how great Lerosett really is!

Popular All-over treatments