Glycerin & Water Reviews

Glycerin & Water

Incredible

How is this not more popular?? After trying moisturizer after moisturizer and having them all make my acne worse, I snagged a $3 bottle of glycerin at CVS and decided to give it a go. Oh my goodness. The first time I used this I mixed it with a bit of water, slapped it on my face, and went to bed, expecting nothing. Well, my skin loved it! It was so plump and glowy-looking I thought I was looking at someone else's skin. My dry, flaky patches that I've struggled with for years were completely gone as well. I've been using this twice a day for a little while now, and my skin has made such an improvement! Less breakouts, less redness, less irritation, less of everything bad really! I can't recommend enough.

Really hydrates!

It took me a while to get used to this. At first I wasn't diluting and my skin was horribly sticky and dry. Now I mix it with lots of water and spray it on and it's amazing! Not sticky and it really hydrates my skin and makes it look a bit plumper (my scars are less dented). AFter all kinds of lotions and oils, this has been the cheapest and most effective AND it's all-natural. Big thumbs up!

Comments

My face looks plump and hydrated. It absorbs quickly into my skin, unlike my usual moisturizer. I bought pure kosher vegetable glycerin (1 quart for $11). This will last me forever because I mix it in a 1:10 ratio whenever I use it. If you don't dilute the glycerin with enough water, your face will get sticky. Using pure glycerin on your face is NOT recommended because it can dry out your skin. I use a 1:10 (glycerin: water) mixture for my face and hair. I mix it up in a spray bottle so application is super easy. I've been acne-free for over a year since I've gotten on Dan's regimen and I only switched out my Cetaphil moisturizing lotion to try glycerin and water in the past week. It works just as well as Cetaphil with an added bonus: my face is much less oily when I wake up in the morning. You'll have to play around with the concentration because it depends how dry your skin/air is.

Popular Other treatments