Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream Reviews

Brand: Garnier

Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

Refreshing but not magic

It was on sale at Walmart so I went for it. The jar is pretty small for the price, and it smells great to me. But don't fall for the fancy packaging and wording they use, this is nothing special. It feels great and it does moisturize your skin, but there's no real difference in my skin and I've been using this daily for a month. I'll use the rest of the jar but I won't be repurchasing.

Great for summer

I was so excited when I found this because it is a great moisturizer to use when you're in a hurry and you need to put makeup on quickly after. It dries quickly and feels nice. Works well with oily skin. My only complaint is that its not rich enough to work in the winter time. I found my combo/oily skin was still quite dry throughout the day when using this. I use the pink garnier gel for dry skin in the winter and it works great. No reactions or cystic acne from either of these. I am currently on epiduo and aczone which are topical medications.

Really like it!

This moisturizer works wonders! You don't need much to make it spread across your face and I even use it on my neck. I generally have pretty oily skin except for the dry patches on my nose which this takes care of even though I have to apply it twice. It gives me a good balance and I never end up with a slick coating of oil on my face. The jar is small but I've had this for about 3 months and use it twice to three times per day, (once/twice in the morning, once before bed). It cost about $15 but if you catch it on sale is usually is about $10! Good luck!

Comments

Very nice moisturizer, would recommend

I have very sensitive acne prone skin, i was using this moisturizer during night and day and i found that works better during the night time since it really sits into the skin and refreshes completely your whole face. Dont believe this moisturizer will take away acne because that isn't its purpose but it doesnt cause acne which is a great thing!!

It's ok.

smells insanely good makes skin feel soft and smooth lovely texture moisturizing is superficial jar goes pretty quick Like I say, it was just okay. I'd use it if I had to in a pinch. It's probably much better if you aren't using bp. It does go on very nicely and feels super refreshing to apply and smells so good I'd keep it around just to sniff. But for me it just felt like it sat on top of the skin and never really absorbed. For the warmer months it was fine, but when it got colder, it just wasn't moisturizing enough for me after bp, so I had to find something different :/ Also, that little jar goes pretty fast, but I frequently got it during buy one get one half off sales and stocked up.

You should try their dry skin moisturizer - it comes in the pink color.

Very disappointed, wanted to love

Bought this because of all the great reviews so I thought I'd get a great experience out of it too. Well I used this at night and at first it felt amazing soft to the touch and smooth and all my dry patches disappeared, but the next morning I woke up with three pimples that were under the skin. Not worth it if it's going to break you out.

Allerigic?

Smells nice Gel is a cool color Allergic Has alcohol Very small container I really wanted to like this. I think that I was allergic because I put it on twice, and both times my skin turned red and itchy. I'm desperately trying to find a mositurizer that works with the Regimen, but this isn't it. I have sensitive skin that is a little oily, but dry in some areas.

Comments

good for people with oily skin

non-greasy a little goes a long ways stings in a jar...not very sanitary not that much in it It's a pretty good product. However, it kind of stings when put on open acne, especially if severe acne like mine. It has a watery-gel consistency. I would probably recommend aloe vera gel over this product though. It's cheaper and you get much more for a similar consistency.

Comments

I really love this product. I love how it absorbs quickly in the skin. Also, it doesn't make my skin feel so oily since it's a gel-based moisturizer. Not only is that but it also smells great! It makes my skin feel so amazing. Oh and another thing is that it doesn't clog your pores. Sometimes when I apply this, I feel as if the moisturizer doesn't absorb that deep in my skin. The outer layer of my skin gets the best of this product. I recommend this product for those with combination or oily skin.

Comments

Does not clog pores Soothing Reduces redness May not be enough for people with very dry skin I have extremelyy dry skin that is constantly red, irritated, cracked and flakey. after about 5 days of using this cream my skin has improved so much, I have not had any new breakouts since using this and believe maybe the alcohol has helped to tighten my large pores, also the best part is that my redness has almost completely gone. I still consider my skin dry but there are no more visible flakes and applying foundation is no longer impossible I am soo glad to have bought this and definately recommend this to anyone with sensitive or problematic skin

Guest Lucy
Guest Lucy

OIL FREE! Inexpensive Easy to find at local drugstore Grape Water Extract & Vitamin E Non-greasy Smells great! I highly recommend this lightweight moisturizer for summer. It's good for oily, sensitive, acne prone skin because it is oil-free. It does contain alcohol, which some people would consider a negative, but I think that helps with acne.

Comments

-lightweight -not greasy -smells good -not moisturizing enough for use with benzoyl peroxide -sticks to makeup, causing flakes as I apply foundation -lasts just over a month (2 applications per day) Definitely not the appropriate moisturizer if you're on benzoyl peroxide. What is up with all the other reviews? You'd use it as a "luxury hand cream"?! There ain't nothin' luxurious about this product; it's just an alcohol-based gel.

Comments

refreshing smells great! very light when apply non-oil reasonable price :) none :D I have to agree that this moisturizer works really well on my face. It's very light when applied and feels really refreshing. It doesn't clog my pores so that's a good thing. My skin actually becomes smoother and tighter after using it. STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.

Comments

- oil-free - gel consistency - moisturizing - refreshing - no greasy feeling after application none :) This is the BEST moisturizer I've ever used! I have very oily skin and this is just perfect for me. All other moisturizers I've used have left me with a heavy, greasy feeling on my face that persists throughout the day and this doesn't. It absorbs fast and makes me feel refreshed for a long time. Highly recommend :)

Comments

1. Softer skin 2. Fresh feeling after application 3. Smells fruity :) 4. It helped with my acne scars The only con I really have for this, is that it can dry skin a little because it contains alcohol. :( This product replaced my Clean and Clear dual moisturizer, because that just wasn't doing the job. This is a lovely product, and people should give it a try. Nothing to lose really! --<3 Ash.

Guest Joe
Guest Joe

-Does not make face look shiny (when using reasonable amount.) -Does not clog pores. -Makes skin feel softer after consistent use. Alcohol ingredient. This stuff was great until my later stages on Accutane. The alcohol makes redness 10x worse, so find an alternative only if your skin is extremely dry. Otherwise, it's one of the best moisturizers I've tried.

Guest SmTwnGrl
Guest SmTwnGrl

Not greasy Moisturizes effectively Smells good when applying, smell goes away after a few minutes Males could use it Not all natural Contains alcohol No SPF (if you need it) In a jar/may not be very sanitary Using this while using Retin A. Moisturizes all day and is not greasy. Apply about 3 times a day if your skin is shedding badly (like while using a product like Retin A). I've heard that guys can use this product too because it moisturizes without anyone knowing you're wearing a product on your face.

TNR

Oil free, non-greasy, no clogging, no obvious irritation, all natural, hydrates well and long lasting, cooling feeling upon application, very affordable The consistency of the gel is a little runny. Great for sensitive, normal/combination, or acne-prone skin.

Comments

lightweight non-comedogenic moisturizing mattifying $ jar Very similar to Clinique yellow gel, which has been my favorite. Buttt it has petrolatum, so I like this stuff a little better health wise. So i use this for back up and its great, plus cheaper (available everywhere basically). :) great for combination skin

Guest Livian
Guest Livian

-very moisturizing -oil free -doesn't make me break out -refreshing -smells wonderful -doesnt give skin that "oil, shiny" look didn't really encounter one yet... this moistuizer is oil free, yet it really replenishes my skin with moisture. unlike most oil-free lotions, this one doesn't make my skin flaky, yet doesnt clog my pores. the grape/apple scent is amazinggggg~ i will definitely buy again <3

Popular Dry/Sensitive