Fraxel Laser Reviews

Brand: Fraxel

Fraxel Laser

Life changing decision

I'm surprised this has such low ratings. I've had great results and about 70% improvement in scarring with 11 sessions of the Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 laser over the past few years. Background: I have thick oily skin, with rolling and boxcar scars from teenage cystic acne. I use prescription strength retinol nightly (Tazorac 0.1% gel) to keep my skin clear, however despite clear skin, there was still plenty of scarring and in the sunlight my skin texture looked worse than an orange peel. I had heard that Fraxel dual was the gold standard for getting rid of acne scarring and despite some poor reviews took the plunge and it was the best decision I've made in my life. I do around 3-6 sessions per year (the max # of sessions you can do is 6 a year) and paid about $570 for each session because my local provider had a package discount. I logged my experience with the settings and recovery for reference below. Most of the sessions were administered on the highest setting (70 MJ) because I have light, thick skin and thus can handle it. I really didn't see much results before hitting this highest setting, so if you have similar skin type I would highly recommend being as aggressive as possible in these sessions. Recovery took about 5-7 days for me to get rid of swelling and crustiness (as in I stopped looking like a red lobster blowfish hybrid monster and can leave the house again with full coverage makeup). Full recovery with skin being back to normal (no redness, no peeling) and where I can wear light makeup normally again is about 21 days. I found using aquaphor helped greatly in speeding up restoring the skin's barrier. To get rid of flakes and molting I resumed my prescription retinol tazorac immediately the night of the treatment and it helps drastically as well (note this is generally not a recommended approach - most doctors advise stopping retinol 2 weeks before and resuming 2 weeks after, but I chose to not follow this because I know my skin can handle it. And I got really good results.) The only negative I can think of is that the actual treatment is quite painful. My nurse does 4 horizontal and 4 vertical passes and on the highest setting, even with numbing cream, every single pass feels like the sharp side of a heated knife mildly scraping against my skin. But it goes by quickly if you think about other things. No pain no gain right? Fraxel Log 2014 October ' 55 MJ: Lots of pustules, took a long time to heal November?? : no pustules; lots of redness many weeks after 2015 November ' 55 or 60 MJ: no pustules, took ~ 6 days December ' 60 MJ: took 5-6 days 2016 November ' 65 or 70 MJ ' most dramatic improvement but very dry and flaky in the healing process December ' 70 MJ ' healing took shortest time; laser pressed lightly. But had red patch and peeling skin near nasolabial fold for weeks after 2017 May ' 70 MJ: This is the 3rd day but my face texture seems so smooth, like normal skin. It used to be really rough, dry, coarse and flaky, even when I use tazorac religiously following the session. June ' 70 MJ ' I would say my skin is 70% smooth now. In darker lighting/shadows there are still the pits, but I'm hopeful the next few sessions will get rid of that. July ' 70 MJ August ' 70 MJ September ' 70 MJ: skin continues to be smoother with each session. Rolling scars seem to have flattened considerably; the icepick scars look more like big pores now which can be covered with primers (Benefit Porefessional) and setting powder (Tarte smooth operator amazonian clay setting powder)

I have been very apprehensive to try this, but your detailed review has been very helpful. Porefessional is the best!

Bad results and didn't meet my expectations

I've had fraxel laser five days ago, the results didn't meet my expectations, this is a light peel and my skin didn't go red at all. The consultant wants me to spend more money to have more treatments when i'm struggling financially. I could've achieved better results at home with tca peel. This is like 5%tca peel. I'm not pleased with the results and think consultants delibrately do this so you have more sessions. I wish i could get a refund and go somewhere else.

Hello everyone, i want to use this great opportunity to say a very big thanks to Dr Herbert for curing my Skin Rashes, acne and thyroid cancer which has being on my face and skin for several years, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me such as radioactive iodine and essiac, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr, Herbert and decided to contact him on his email i saw on the internet (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed] but when i first held about him i never believed, until i emailed him. He gave me his herbal medicine which i used for my skin and now i am well and my skin and face are clean and smooth, am free from ACNE pimples and my thyroid cancer was cured permanently, if you have the same problem just contact Dr Herbert, be rest assured that your problem is over. you can contact him on his email (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed]) add him on whatsapp +2349052116690.

fraxel

Fraxel has significantly reduced the depth of my scars. I still have the scars but they are definitely not as noticeable. I had two rounds of Fraxel in the deepest setting and I will recommend it. The first few months its going to be a nightmare. Your face will look terrible and it can bring acne. Right now I am battling with acne I will start on Tretinoin and antiobiotic.

What type of Fraxel laser did you have, restore, dual, or repair?

ok

i have acne scars on my cheek and big pores and my dermatologist recommended me to this treatment(fraxel co2). i had treatment abt 5 times. i can see the different abit my pores were smaller but didnt help with my scars and its cost too much

Fraxel co2 treatment

I am 29th and have been suffering from acne since i was 10. My face is left with ice-picked scarring and uneven skin tone. I have just had my third fraxel co2 done yesterday. I had my second fraxel done six months ago. The skin consultant decided that he could go try a more aggressive approach as my skin seems to be tolerating the laser well, e.g. no pigmentation problem issue as yet. My face looks really red and swollen at the moment and my face goes redder as the hours passes by. I am using Vaseline at the moment to keep the skin hydrated and provide an ideal environment for the skin to repair/renew. It is important that i clean my face with ph5.5 product or cetaphil as i have oily skin and by the end of the day, i could see blister/new pimples forming. If it is not cleanse throughly, the pores would be blocked and instead of new skin forming, i would get breakout on the treated part of the face. I was given aciclovir and flucloxacillin for my past 2 visit; not sure why i wasn't given this time and i had just realised the fact so can't query with the consultant. I will update you with my post treatment for the next few weeks. I would like to post the picture after the treatment so that you could have a look and know what to expect but unfortunately i don't think we are allowed to post picture on this site. I'll try my best to update my skin condition with everyone and hopefully you find my sharing useful.

Are u still here? How's ur skin now?

Palomar laser

smoother skin filling in pick scars slowly takes time I finished Accutane in April of this year, it worked good, was on for 5 months. Then this September I asked my derm about my facial scarring and redness, and she suggested Palomar laser. So I did 2 treatments 4 weeks apart, I had breakouts after both treatments, thought it was from laser but im not sure anymore, because I am still breaking out on places where I did not even get the laser done, my next appointment is next Friday, and I don't know what to do, the 2 treatments have filled in my pick scars pretty good, but still could use more treatments, but these breakouts... im debating if I should just ask to go on Accutane again? suggestions? opinions? I can also provide pictures if needed. Thanks

I am surprised they didn't make you wait at least 1 year post-Accutane.
Accutane is damaging to your skin. Your best bet is to take an antibiotic from your doc and wait it out. Accutane is TRASH.

Don't use this treatment, if you don't want ur skin look worst.

Minimal result Expensive Painful Severe acne/sensitivity I'm 31 years old. I had two treatment of fraxel n one more to go. But after my two treatment my skin get so sensitive and irritation that give me pimples and blackheads around my cheeks area. I noticed that my skin get so red n inflamed from all types of products that contain alcohol or acid in it. Right now, I'm so embarrassed to go out without any make-up on. I also take picture before and after from my camera. When I had a look at my before pic for fraxel treatment my skin didn't had any pimples or blackheads. After two treatment my skin getting worst and the acne scar doesn't look any better after 6 month post treatment. Honestly, don't waste ur time and money, bcus it is a lot of pain if you're not high pain intolerance.

Comments

No Light At the End of This Laser!

Smoothed Skin for about a year Took away a few fine lines for about the same Cost Duration of results Not good for deep scars I'm a white 52 year old woman. I have had acne scaring since I was 13. In my twenties and thirties I would get that once a month dreaded whopper of a zit prior to my period leaving yet another deep pitted scar almost each month. Do the math on that one! I had my first and only child at 37 it was only then that the acne finally stopped. Mine must have been very hormonal in nature. I have done some modeling and local TV and was always very self conscious about the appearance of my face. Five years ago never having any surgery or cosmetic procedure I decided to do something I had always dreamed of doing - improve the texture of my face. I had it done by a very renowned Chicago Plastic Surgeon. After a consultation he advised me this was the only way to go for my deep scarring. I asked about dermabrasion and CO2 but he said those were old and not really used anymore and this was the way to go. The procedure was relatively new and I was told that the laser was The Doc's "new baby"! That should have been my first hint. Nothing like being a guinea pig for your very first cosmetic procedure! I felt for many of you who described the procedure as being very painful. My guess it you may not have a high pain threshold and thiner skin. Fortunately for me I literally have thick skin and a very high tolerance for pain. The procedure itself was not painful, it was the few hours after. Imagine your worst sunburn on and amplify that by 5. I think people thought I was crazy as I drove home in Chicago with all the windows down in the middle of January, but the cool, crisp air was refreshing and a distraction from the pain. Hint bring some Ibuprofen with you and take it before you leave the office. It will help with the swelling and the pain once the numbing cream wears off. Also make sure you have ice packs or the equivalent waiting at home and be diligent about icing every 20 minutes or so. I'm not going to lie my face looked like I had been in a minor fire. Since I responded so well due to my thicker skin, they went on a higher lever during my first treatment. I had it done on a Wednesday and by Friday was able to go to dinner and a movie with what looked like a minor sunburn. Pealing was very minor and much like the other gals it was brown in color. I found Aquaphor (found at your local drugstore) helpful in preventing infection and keeping the skin moist post lasar to be most helpful. Prior to my fist vist they took a photo of me as they wanted to use me in their marketing materials for a before and after results photo and I agreed to this. After 5 treatments over a span of 6 months I saw improvement of about 25%, which now years later have all but disappeared and most of the deeper scars are all back. Also, oddly I had never had broken capillaries, and they started to appear around the thinner areas of my face right after the first treatment. When I mentioned this, they admitted that sometimes this laser can do that. They suggested that I could have another type of laser treatment to get rid of those! Unreal huh? For about the first year I felt it was much improved, but I'm not sure if that was the Fraxel or the Botox and Restylane I was talked into during one of my subsequent visits. In retrospect, when these new procedures come out the Doctors are very excited about them, but the truth is they really don't know what the long term outcome will be for the majority of the patients. Five years later if I were to do it over again for me and my types of scaring, I would and should have had a more invasive procedure like dermabrasion followed by a strong chemical peel. In fact at a conference about a year later I met another Plastic Surgeon, with whom I consulted with. He was shocked by the other doctors choice for my particular scarring. Another hint- always get a second opinion! Oh yeah... remember the "before" picture they took and wanted to take the after? Guess what? They never asked to take the "after picture" for the practices' marketing collateral. I will let you guess why...Remember what I said about being a guinea pig! Seriously, I think for very minor scarring this may work, but for moderate to severe... not so much folks.

Comments

Quick Firm, fresh skin Scarring is less severe Expensive Minimal information Painful I had fraxel restore done in 2012 and I am going to have my second (first fraxel C02) treatment done in may this year. I was very happy with my results, I would say about 20-30% improvement from 1 treatment. I've seen alot of negative reviews and "horror stories" and I feel bad and often think, who did these treatments? I have vlogged my results on my youtube channel [link edited out] removed] and showed my daily recovery. If you have any questions just let me know :)

Guest K
Guest K

Low downtime. Looks good for a week. Not worth the high price. Doesn't really work on pitted scars or fine lines around mouth. Causes breakouts. I'm 38 with years of mild pitted scarring in my cheeks & fine lines around mouth & just uneven skin all over. Have tried many things over the years with no luck. Decided to do series of 4 fraxel restore. Not painful & no real downtime, looked promising 1st week but then skin always back to normal after 2nd or 3rd week. Finished my 4th 3 wks ago and I see no improvement whatsoever. Now I wake up with new whiteheads every day. Not worth the 3400 I spent. Had high hopes & big let down.

Guest Amanda
Guest Amanda

1. Gets rid of most scarring (temporarily) 1. The great results only lasted 1 year 2. Had to do 5 rounds of very painful visits 3. A week of downtime needed after treatment 4, Skin is now red alot of the time and VERY sensitive to sunlight I did the treatment 3 years ago. After I did the treatments my acne scars were almost completely gone. I had pitted scars and hyper pigmentation..You name it I had every form of scarring. Unfortunately for me the scarring slowly but surely came back even tho i stopped breaking out.. I no longer have acne but am still left with these horrible pits in my face and negative $2500 dollars. Also my doctor at the time was very rude, yelled at me, and basically told me I was very pretty if only I didn't have such horrible pitted skin.. Ya.. thanks. His name was Dr.Rispler.. If you do choose to do this do not use him Im sure you can find a dermatologist that's a lot nicer and just as "good".

Guest Sara
Guest Sara

some improvement downtime redness I am a 27 year old female and I had my first fraxel restore laser treatment in July 2012 for moderate/severe acne scarring. As for the treatment itself: It hurt. Nothing terrible, but it was certainly very uncomfortable. Healing was rough. I spent two days very red and very swollen. By the time work came around on Monday, I was able to put on make up but I certainly didn't look great. I was still red, a little swollen, and by then, peeling had begun. It was a rough work week. I then spent a long time being unhappy with my fraxel results. I am sure no one else noticed my face looking bad, but the skin just didn't seem as healthy as it once had, my scars did not seem improved, and my skin was red. For awhile I even had obvious lines near my eyes where you could see the path the doctor moved the laser. Lately though, nearly four months later, my skin is no longer red, seems healthy, and I do notice some improvement with scars! Not a lot, but some. I believe doing the 3 remaining treatments will leave me noticeable improvement in my skin. This has not been an easy or enjoyable process for me (and it's nowhere near over!), but I think by the end it will be worth it. I just hope the improvements will be worth $3,000.

This was my review. I have done 2 more fraxels (re:store) since I wrote this, with the a fourth coming soon. 4 and final Fraxel is scheduled a couple of weeks from now. It has been quite some time. I don't know if it is good or bad to spread out treatments this much, but the doctor hasn't said anything so I'm not too worried. It's been long enough since my initial 3 treatments that I think I have an idea of the effectiveness of Fraxel for me. It has brought about some improvement, which is wonderful. It hasn't totally changed my face and given me great skin; I still have noticeable scarring. Additionally, I am not sure, but my skin might be slightly more wrinkled as well, which wouldn't surprise me considering the damage inflicted on the skin from the laser. However, I have aged a bit since starting fraxel and have moved to a very sunny location and I probably don't wear enough sunscreen. And I might be imagining it. Either way, even if it did cause some damage, it's not bad. Overall, I am so grateful for the improvement it has brought about, even if it isn't major!!! Additionally, I don't know if it has anything to do with the Fraxel, but in the past year+ my acne has gotten much better and my skin is not as oily.
Your acne has probably improved because you are getting vitamin D now from living in a sunny location. I cured my chronic cystic acne of 13 years by taking only vitamin D3 pills.
Guest James
Guest James

Improved skin texture in the short term and over the long term May break you out badly, expensive ($900 per treatment) After doing pixels for almost a year and seeing no results, I chose to get a fraxel. I got my first fraxel and it hurt like hell, about 1.5 times worse than pixel. However following the initial 3-4 days where my face was quite red, my skin did start to look better in that scars appeared less deep (however this was mainly the result of swelling). Following 2 weeks, I did notice that my skin seemed a little better, but the results were minimal. I chose to get another fraxel a month after the first one and this was the worst mistake I made. Apparently they cranked up the setting and went quite a bit deeper. Immediately following, there was nothing out of the ordinary compared to the first one. However, in the following week to 2 weeks I started to break out really bad like never before. And then beyond that it just kept getting worse and worse, breaking out in places I had never broken out before and it was destroying me. At the time I had no idea what was causing it, but in hindsight I believe it was the laser stimulating the sebaceous glands. Finally 2 months later of disastrous suffering, I started taking omega 3's primrose evening oil, and flax seed oil to get a good balance of 3,6,9 fatty acids and zinc which seemed to help. And then I also started taking b5 supplements which I had taken in my teen years 10 years earlier and I remember they were one of the few things that worked for me. I've also recently started coolTouch treatments although I have low expectations for this. I just need to do something treat the acne and scarring and I think coolTouch may be a good option if I do it many times. Because of the damage fraxel did, it's not really an option at this point. I do think that it stimulates collagen production and can correct scars after multiple treatments, but for me at this point its not worth the risk. Maybe again in the future I can do it and layer it with antibiotics and b5, once the CoolTouch allegedly shrinks my se

Did u heal? Are u still hear?

dried me out for a while expensive no help with prevention requires multiple treatments for best results (they say) I did this in combination with treatments for dark spots. Worked great for dark spots and slowed down the acne for a while, but it came in as bad as ever shortly after. GREEN TEA is my new friend and I have high hopes for it!!

Guest Ellen
Guest Ellen

I only did a test patch! Some evening out of texture. I only did a test patch! Redness lasted way too long was horribly itchy, caused acne the week post. I am noticing loss of fat and elasticity. I really believe the longer term effect is that it thins your skin. It has been about 9 months since I did a test patch. If the doctor doesn't let you do a test patch, RUN. They charged me $100 for this and it was worth it for me to investigate. I am not sold on getting my whole face done yet because of the apparent loss of elasticity. It is VERY itchy an uncomfortable.

Comments

There probably are I just can't think of them at the moment Caused Cystic Acne! (Never ever had this before!) This is my third treatment with the Fraxel Laser and it caused Cystic Acne all over my chin. I have never had cystic acne in my life. This is one of the most awful experiences of my life. My New Year's resolution was to treat the minor scarring I had on my face so I wouldn't have to wear liquid foundation and now I've been left with much more scarring and active acne. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone in their teens or twenties or anyone who still have any active acne.

Comments

Had a cute plastic surgeon :) Swelling gives your face a beautiful glow for about 3 days Each time gets more and more painful You have to stay out of public eye for about 4 days Swelling gives you false hope Makes your skin break out after you've had the treatment I received 4 fraxel treatments from a plastic surgeon and I've got to say that it was the biggest waste of money I've ever spent. First off, it is painful and anyone that tells you otherwise is has only had one or two treatments. They start off on a low setting and progressively work their way up each treatment. Your face is swollen for about 7-10 days..four of which you wouldn't be caught dead in public. The perk about your face being swollen is that your skin looks amazing! You have perfect glowing skin but it soon fades after about three to four days revealing that your skin looks exactly how it did before the treatment. Something they don't tell you is that the fraxel makes you break out horribly for about a week after the swelling goes down in your face. After four treatments, my skin looked worse then when I started. If you have deep indented scars please do not do this because I promise you it will only be a waste of money. After the realization the fraxel did nothing for me, I decided to get dermabrasion on one side of my face and excision on the other (both were small areas) I would recommend dermabrasion to anyone...please know I am not talking about microdermabrasion, dermabrasion is more aggressive. Dermabrasion improved my deep scars by 85% and it looks so much better. Dermabrasion was $500 for an area the size of a quarter. Excision was $250 and he took out 3 scars for that price. The only thing with excision is that you are trading acne scars for a surgical looking scar. To me it was worth it because even though I still have a scar on my face, it's less embarrassing than holes in my face from where I picked at my skin. It's been a month now and the excision scar is still very red but it will fade over the next year to my normal skin color (possibly lighter). Please know there are other cheaper options out there that work better than fraxel. I just don't want you guys to be disappointed and in debt like I was for something that never worked

Hello how r u now? Are you still here? Did u heal anyway? Because same with u my skin worst Because of fraxel
Guest honest
Guest honest

20 to 25 percent improvement can't go out for at least 4 days doesn't work after the first time very expensive The first time i did fraxel restore i was so excited because after a week it seemed like i had a 60 percent improvement but in reality it was mainly swelling. Two weeks later it was only about a 25% improvement. I went back a month later for my second fraxel restore, it did nothing. I was told i should spreed the treatments futher apart. I waited 3 months again nothing. 6 months again nothing. another 3 months NOTHING! I only saw improvement my first time and I have to admit I'm at least happy for the 25% improvement...so I geuss the bottom line is do it once and then stop. BTW I also went to a highend place. I also tried Juvederm which did nothing at all.

Comments

smoother skin, reduced scars, smaller pores 4 days downtime per treatment, requires patience I'm writing quickly (and thus poorly) here, but want to leave some info to help others since I read these boards myself years ago before having my tx. First, I'm reviewing fraxel restore (not repair). these are significantly different treatments and many of the reviews I'm seeing here don't distiguish clearly. I'm a veteran, I guess. Had 4 treatments about 5 years ago. Saw true improvements after 3rd. My scarring is generally mild and shallow with the exception of 3-4 deeper icepick type scars. Fraxel made most shallow newer scars disappear totally, although I did not see much improvement on shape/depth of older ice pick scars beside improved pigment--but that in itself made them look much less deep because they had a purplish color prior to tx. Pores looked smaller and my skin just has a generally healthier look. I was able to go without makeup much of the time post fraxel. I see some people reporting that they suffered fat loss and decreased elasticity a few years post treatment. I don't want to discount their experiences, but I will say that I recently was tempted to think I was experiencing the same things except that I am seeing the same changes in areas that were never treated (i.e. you skin changes as you age regardless of laser treatment). I had only apples of cheeks and a small spot on my forehead treated, so I can see that the same changes are happening on other parts of my face. I'm in my thirties so I guess I should expect some changes, but I have also seen many friends who never had fraxel but started to age in their 20s. I do wonder how many of these side effects can be attributed to the natural aging process. Having said that, I did have spot treatments with a CO2 a long time ago (before the fraxel days), and I did see a difference in the texture of those ares vs untreated skin. Treated skin had a waxy almost "too smooth" look which was actually fixed by the fraxel. Am out of characters . . .

Hello are u still here?
Guest JD
Guest JD

I am 36 and have poor skin. After 5 Fraxel Re:store treatments (Re:store because I am Navajo and white and have tanned skin that hyperpigments easily) I am pleased with my results and see a 50% improvement, which I why I felt it was important for me to post my success. Is my skin perfect or flawless now? No, but my scars have, as my husband says, “dramatically improvedâ€� so I am not complaining. There is downtime. The first week I am swollen--really swollen the first 3-4 days; then the scabbing. Week 2, I break out terribly around my mouth and around the lower half of my face. I had my first treatment in November of 2010; my fifth early December 2011 (exactly one month ago). The only reasons I can assume so many people are having disappointing results are: maybe their doctor (if even a doctor performed the procedure)had no idea what the heck he or she was doing; maybe they have not allowed enough time to for the collagen rebuilding to kick in. Remember this is not a quick fix. I see myself every day and tend to be critical of what my face looks like. On the other hand, my husband and family members have seen subtle improvements since I healed from the first. My friends began to comment on visible smoothing (remember, not perfection) after the third and fourth procedures. I used to photoshop my forehead scars in pictures. Although the scars are still there they less visible and do not show up in a photographs anymore. For me, this is success enough. The true test came when I went to see my dermatologist (although a medical doctor performed my procedure'”with my skin, I would not have it any other way, my dermatologist did not) who I began seeing at age 15. He commented that my Fraxel results 'looked really good.'� I told him I was hoping for a 35-50% improvement and he responded, 'Oh, you will definitely get that.'� My dermatologist is not a friend, nor a family friend, he is my doctor and has seen my skin at its worst'”he would not lie. I would love to answer any questions or encourage any of you who need it. People, acne scars suck. Acne is from hell. My acne scars were horrible - especially in the temple to cheek 'pork chop'�. The comments behind my back were, 'J is very pretty but those acne scars''� I was mauled by acne. Fraxel Re:store is basically the ONLY procedure safe for my tanned skin'”and I am not complaining.

Have you noticed any loss of volume in your face (most likely cheeks) since your procedures? Thanks!
Guest Jabberwocky
Guest Jabberwocky

+ The swelling makes you think your skin is perfect! + Helped with discoloration from prior breakouts - Little improvement in scarring - I was not informed that one doesn't need to get Fraxel while still actively breaking out - I was not informed there are different types of Fraxel lasers - I was burned by tech. I received Fraxel Re:store. Unfortunately, as stated, the doctor didn't tell me there are different types or forms of Fraxel. I wanted (and still WANT and NEED) Fraxel Re:pair because my scars are deep. I had so many Re:stores I lost count. The doctor was fleecing me while I put my trust in him. Although I was under the influence of Valium, hydrocodone, Xanax, and nerve blockers injected in my cheeks by the doctor, I do remember the instance his tech burned me...she burned my cheek/jaw and chin. I still bear the raised scar right under my jaw. The chin burn either didn't scar or you just can't really tell. The burn on my cheek near my hairline lost pigment but returned over the years...probably due to other treatments I've had done. I didn't realize the burn was as bad as it was, so when I saw him maybe two weeks later at my mother's urging, he was upset and knew it scarred, yet only offered me MORE Re:stores for free. And I, trusting, naive, and emotionally worn, took him up on it. I should have sued. I do NOT recommend Fraxel Re:store, but I AM seeking out a Fraxel Re:pair and I sincerely hope to see SERIOUS results with it.

Comments

none that i can see none that people close to me can see i got a horizontal scar on my face! it's not transient pigmentation either it's an actual gash some of the small scars that were there are worse than before. I had it done and I can't see any improvement. Those close to me can't see any improvement. Well, that is all fine, but in fact we can all see it has made things WORSE! There is a new gash on my face, which is not pigmentation, it is a horizontal scar. And some small scars are now larger. What can I do??? This is so stupid and regrettable. I don't care about the money I jsut want results. But how can they screw up so bad. Don't want to bring out the lawyers just want things back the way they were. I wanted just a little improvement to begin with but now it's a case of trying to figure out how to minimise the damage. More fraxel needed...?? OMG what are my options.

Are you still here? Did you heal?

At this stage, after 4 days, my skin has gotten smoother and has a healthy glow. I've read that the smoothness is due to swelling after Fraxel, thus it'll go away :( This is my first Fraxel treatment and today is my fourth day. So far, so good. The procedure was definitely not painless, so make sure you apply the numbing cream ALL over your face all the way to the hairline and above your lips. My esthetician recommended that I apply another layer 30 minutes after I apply the first one, so I will follow her advice next time for sure! The pain is tolerable, like a bunch of rubber bands slapping your face, but hopefully the results will be worth it. Right after my procedure, my face looked like I got a sunburn. Nothing too bad, but I felt weird walking back to my car like that. I felt like everyone was staring at me, hehe. After the first day, my skin was no longer red and it just became a bit swollen and had a healthy glow. My friend who knows nothing about skin even commented on its glow. I have had acne for about 12 years, from age 12 to 24 (I'm 26 now). Toward the later years, I began having cystic acne that left scars all over my face. The only part that escaped scarring was my forehead. The worst parts of my face are my temples, which have all types of ice pick and rolling scars. I feel like I've been battling acne for all my life, so I really wanted to do something about it. About 5 years ago, I had 4 treatments of photodynamic therapy. I think THINK it helped my skin, but it also left my face a few shades darker than the rest of my body. The PDT helped my acne a little, but nothing drastic and I don't know if it was worth the $1000+. I'm hoping Fraxel will be worth the money though. I'll post pictures and I'll also post updates as the days go on and when I get my next treatment.

Guest TrixA
Guest TrixA

At this stage, after 8th day, none. Pain, swelling, terrible cold sores, Not enough info on side effects, pushing for more spending, So far I see some grooves on my skin I did not have before, my face is still bit swollen and red. Sun spot did not fade, and few acne spots appeared. I am not impressed and upset that cold sores might leave scars? Very expensive, and pressure on more purchases made me feel used for money with empty promises and no improvements.

Popular Laser