Dove Sensitive Skin Bar Reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Better than ANY face wash I've tried.

Until I started using this skin bar about two weeks ago, my skin had been a mess my whole life. I had horrible spotty skin from my teenage years. Another problem too? My skin is super sensitive! The end result, is I have been living with bumpy, spotty, nasty skin that had oily patches in some places, but dry, red and sensitive patches elsewhere, like under my eyes. I've tried so many cheap and expensive liquid face washes, but NOTHING compares to this dove sensitive bar. Everything else I tried was either too harsh (and made the dry/sensitive parts of my skin redder and sorer) or if the product wasn't strong enough or it was too moisturising or oily, it wouldn't deal with my oily spotty skin and it might even make it worse Over many years, I've tried face washes from: Clinique, skinceuticals, la roche posay, neutrogena, clearasil, clean & clear, eucerin, simple, olay, nivea, garnier, st. ives, freederm, cetaphil..and many, many more! I've tried most of these companies 'normal skin' formulas, as well as their oily/acne/spot formulas, and sensitive skin formulas. I started using a dove beauty bar [sensitive formula] about two weeks ago on my face and my skin has improved by about 95%. So radical the improvement, it looks like I'm wearing a thin layer of foundation across my face, it has perfected it that well. My skin was clogged, bumpy, with spots and sometimes cystic acne around my chin. I was used to this my whole life, but it is now dissapearing into nothing. In it's place, is smooth, plump, healthy looking skin. These bars are an absolute miracle. It has a strange, double-benefit. It seems to target the spots and clogged pores in your skin, BUT it miraculously also leaves the rest of your face incredibly moisturised, smooth and plump! But, it doesn't moisturise my face in a way which contributes to further breakouts. Finally, it is an absolute pleasure to use. The bars are so luxuriously foamy, milky and soft when lathered between the hands and it never causes stinging or irritation to my face. I can use it close to my eyes with no ill-effect. I suspect I have been duped into buying liquid face washes all these years, because I've always assumed that something designed 'as a face wash' is going to be much better than a dove bar, which I thought [wrongly] was only for your body. The only problem is, I'm now turning into a bit of a narcissist. I keep looking into mirrors and reflective surfaces and taking photos of my skin with my phone and boasting to my partner about how my skin looks like it has been photographed using my phones beauty-filter lol.

Comments

Don't know why but it works!

In a bout of frustration I hit the reset button and decided to take a less is more strategy with my skin. I used the regular dove bar soap on my face at night followed by apple cider vinegar and cerave pm lotion and my skin loves this. I noticed a change right away the next morning! I know it's the bar soap because I was doing the other two steps with a different cleanser (la Roche posay) and was still breaking out. I am somewhat a skin care snob and have used it all cheap, expensive, natural (yes to tomatoes, galderma labs, alba botanica,aveda,boscia,bareminerals clay chameleon, I could go on) I was shocked that dove of all soaps is what is making my skin look and feel so nice. My skin looks healthier and I don't have any active acne. My cystic acne on the left side of my face is flattening out. I have been using this soap for 1 week now. I do make sure to tone and moisturize ALWAYS and I use a different cleanser in the am (nature's organics) Took off one star because although it is clearing up my skin the white heads on my nose are still there but I plan on using an aha chemical exfoliant for that.

Comments

Dove soap the pink type forever the best.

Please be informed I am 16 years old of age and I am a boy for teenagers that wants to get rid of acne/pimples should please use Dove soap the pink type it is very good for the face since my mom got it for me from Walmart store that is in USA early this year being 2017, till date I have not noticed any acne on my face it is mild on the face even my auntie makes use of it and she has confirmed that it is good and that is what she is still using please try it Dove soap the pink type

Comments

Not for oily or acne prone skin

This soap was recommend to me after a bout of severe winter itch. It was recommended to use fragrance free products. My skin is too sensitive to use any of the regular Dove beauty bars or body washes so i was a little hesitant to use this. I normally use the Caress bar. My winter itch stopped immediatly after using this soap. It was so moisturing i didnt even need to apply lotion after bathing. But after a couple of weeks into using it i started to break out with huge acne cysts on my upper arms, back and face. I noticed that it was making me super oily thus clogging my pores. Im going back to my Caress.

SUPER PORE CLOGGING

Okay, so after experiencing clear skin, i decided to ditch my acne products and use dove since all my friends use it and have flawless skin. it did not make my skin breakout but it caused clogged pores on my entire face, when i ran my hands gently on my face it was super bumpy i hated it then all those clogged pores started turning into pimple and are still turning into pimples. I have gotten super depressed because of my bad skin. Do yourself a favour and don't use it, even though you won't breakout right away it is damaging your skin and clogging your pores. back to using items my dermatologist gave me.

Change your diet.

This cleared my acne

I've tried a lot of things to get my acne under control and nothing worked until I started using something so simple as a bar of soap. I was doing too much to my face and using too many products that are supposed to "help" with acne. Not only did I feel my skin was getting worse but I was getting red scaly patches from over drying. I stopped everything and started using the Dove sensitive skin and this balanced my skin perfectly. My skin looks so soft and healthy and I'm absolutely amazed. I only tried this because I started using it on my back and my skin cleared up there too and looked so soft and nice. I was like well if it can clear up my back what can it do to my face. What do I have to lose. Well, It worked! Sometimes less really is more, ladies. :) P.s. I'm not sure why some people are saying that Dove leaves a soap film that clogs pores. My skin feels fresh and clean but not over dried after using this and it definitely doesn't feel like there is a film left on my face. I suppose if those people live in areas where their water is soft it would be harder to rinse the soap off but otherwise I don't understand what they would be talking about because Dove even advertises that it is not like other soaps that leave a film. All I know is it worked to clear my acne.

I think it's because a lot of people don't realize that they have to use a washcloth with it. I don't think anybody remembers that's how most are to wash.
Thanks my bro true talk but the one that worked for me was the pink one
Thanks my bro true talk but the one that worked for me was the pink one

AVOID! Pore clogging ingredients!

Do not use regular soap, let alone Dove, on your face...and maybe even on other parts of your body. Unfortunately, I found out too late that it has sodium tallowate and coconut acids, which leave a thick film and are extremely pore clogging. I switched because salicylic acid was just irritating me too much, but sadly this soap ended up just causing more issues. While my skin's underlying texture isn't red and bumpy anymore, I now have actual zits in places I never even did. My forehead is usually 95% clear; I used this soap for maybe 2 days at the most, twice a day, and now I have four very painful, itchy WHITEHEADS. I'm so embarrassed, I cannot even cover them and they're quite red, nor do I want to pop them and cause scars. The bar also gave me a few deep clogs on the bottom half of my face that's acne-prone, where I've been clear. Just avoid this, it's not a cheap cure to fix your acne!

Help..

I am now deciding if I shall use Dove beauty bar as a substitute to Cetaphil cleanser. Cetaphil is so expensive and I cant afford the price. Does Dove soap is as gentle as Cetaphil?

Yes and in fact Dove is a little kinder to your skin than cetaphil
Not sure if you tried this yet, but don't use this. It leaves a tacky, thick and pore-clogging film on your face and will cause more acne.
I just washed my face with this and there is nothing thick or tacky on it. It rinsed off fine. I'm not sure why some people say they are experiencing this.
I think it depends on the quality of water (hard vs soft) and how people use it such as rubbing the bar directly on their face or not using a washcloth with it. An example would be to rub the soap into the washcloth make a lather on the washcloth and then wash the face.
Please don't use cetaphil continue with dove if you have the pink one after using cetaphil for my face and apply little cream I will be feeling some sensitive burns to me cetaphil is hard for my face

It works!!!

I suffered with cystic acne for about 6 months before it finally cleared up. I tried all the face washes (spectrogel, cera ve, coconut oil) before my mom finally convinced me to try dove soap! I didn't want to because I have dry skin and eczema and I thought it would just be too harsh and make it worse. But dove actually is not drying at all and it removes make up so well. I do not credit dove soap as clearing up my acne because it was caused internally (diet, hydration, stress, etc) but it seriously helped and now even acne free I still use it every night to wash my face! It's gentle and cheap and for me it works really well!

Do u use a wash cloth
yes moms are like light to the world my own mom too convinced me to make use of dove the pink type and is very good on my face one of my auntie who had some issues concerning acne said the soap is good for the face

Seems to work for me. *Updated* Moved on from it.

I'm not sure if my last post went through but if it did, I don't mean to spam. Okay so I'd like to mention the things I've used prior before getting fully into the Dove review. I have sensitive skin, an oily T-zone, and it's drier towards my cheeks and chin. I've used Cetaphil which didn't help or aggravate my acne, CeraVe Foaming fash wash turned out to be a total nightmare slapping me in the face with painful cystic acne I've never gotten in my life months later, Neutrogena helped a bit but the Salicylic Acid was starting to burn my skin and made my acne worse. Noxzema also irritated my skin so I ditched that, I used Vanicream gentle facial wash but not for long so I can't really say it helped or made my situation worse. *****FINALLY into the Dove review (I'm sorry)!! I've noticed that Dove actually helps with my painful cystic acne that these other face washes caused me to get while smoothing out my skin and hyperpigmentation. Hard to believe but my face doesn't appear as oily when I use Dove but I do notice that if I use it too much, it'll dry out my skin and cause whiteheads instead of painful cystic acne. I think the problem is that I didn't use a moisturizer while using Dove unlike the other products mentioned, which caused me to have that issue.. I'll update this and let everyone know if the moisturizer (Garnier Gel Moisture Rescue) w/Dove helps or makes it worse! If it isn't broken don't fix it :) I honestly believe that having a simple regime has helped me skin out alot!***** Update 8/7/16: Okay so I did say I'd update and here's how I feel. Personally the moisturizer irritated my skin and caused more acne. To be quite honest I think moisturizer for me just doesn't work. I've read countless ingredients to ensure they're oil-free and non-comedogenic but I still break out. I've also ditched dove and went back to Cetaphil and a caveman regime I guess you'd call it? I barely wash my face anymore and it's actually been improving ALOT better. My honest opinion on dove now is that I want to like it because of how it smooths out my skin and helps with the pigmentation problem (Literally dark spots in places I normally never get, patched together looking very out of place and it's cleared up to what I'd say 80-90% I only have slight pigmentation at this point on my cheeks, they take long to heal.) but the soap clogs my pores, normally just whiteheads but still nonetheless I'm clogged. If it works for you then stick to it but I've moved on from it.

GREAT GREAT

My mom and I have eczema, and neither of us can deal much with heavily scented beauty products. We've always had some variety of Dove beauty bars at our respective homes for a long time, and this particular bar is a good option for the most sensitive of skins. I generally prefer the original (I like the gentle scent) and especially the Winter Care (I'm hoarding this next winter for sure), but I have used many bars of this to get clean without irritating my skin any further.

Comments

not work for me as a facial cleanser

Im afraid this didnt work for me as a facial cleanser, im sure it is better suited to normal maybe drier skin types but not for my oil blemsh prone skin. I suffer mainly from whiteheads and clogged pores, and this clogged me all over especially on my T zone. It makes ur skin baby soft but this isnt any gud to me with all the clogged pores, continue to use it as a bodywash.

love dove

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

Comments

Only thing that helped smooth and soften my face

I have hyper-pigmentation and cystic acne. I am very surprised how well this soap works on my face because nothing else has worked. The unscented soap has smoothed out some acne scarring and also leaves my face very, very soft. It is very soothing to my skin. Hope this helps someone, product is also very well priced.

Life saver

If u are experiencing continous mild breakouts, then this review is a must read . Hi all, I am 24 years old and had good and clear skin with very ocassional breakouts that too mild since my teen years. I used dove soap till i was 22 after that i switched to some other reputed brand face washes as i thought that soap would harm my face. In these last 2 years , my skin changed from normal to oily, breakouts were more but mild , but overall it did more harm than good . Since last 3 months i had a sudden outbreak of acne on face , dont know whether due to stress, hormones, infection, or allergic reaction maybe, leaving me totally devastated and helpless. All i cud do was stand in front of the mirror and cry inside . For a girl who was envied of her skin all these years, this was a traumatic experience. Then a week ago suddenly dnt knw wat came in my mind i thought of switching to dove and accidently came to this site. After reading so many positive reviews i decided to give it a try . Its been 7 days since i started using dove sensitive soap again along with good healthy diet , n im already experiencing that there r no more breakouts n already existing ones have diminished . Very happy to regain my old skin again . Lets see if it continues to give the same effect will keep updating . If this is ur story , I wud surely suggest u to give it a try .. Hope it helps someone..

exs

great soap bar

Love, Love, Love this! My derm recommended the Dove Original Beauty Bar (White) for my Eczema. I use that for my body (I'm sure its great for faces as well), but I chose to use this for facial cleansing! I have tried most liquid cleanser and everytime I get an Eczema flare up! THis bar is so simple, yet effectively removes make up and doesn't make my face feel uncomfortably dry. I just keep it in a travel soap dish and don't close the lid (to allow air to keep the bar dry). This way noone else will use it. I have spent a couple of years suffering from Eczema around my eye area and this has saved my skin! I can't use anything else (except Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar); but Dove is so much more budget friendly. I never thought that a simple bar could do so much!

great

I have mild acne, but my skin is fairly dry. I find that Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar is probably the best cleanser for my face. I never would have considered using a bar as a facial cleanser, until I read some of these reviews. I'll continue using it with the Sensitive Skin Moisturizer, which is also fabulous for my dry skin!

Sea Gypsy

The best for sensitive skin!

I try this baby couple of months ago and help me combating my acne. It calms my skin, no redness, no peeling, it doesn't stings and doesn't dried out my skin. It almost cleared out my skin (scars are hard to remove tho) . Breakouts are less likely to happen when i use this unless i use a irritating make up. Believe me, i tried almost everything market shelves has to offer but done no good for my skin. So i highly highly recommend it. If you're feeling you're hopeless, here's a beauty bar soap waiting for you. Although it doesn't promise to get your skin so clear why not try it?. :) And a tip, stop stressing about your skin condition, the more you worry the more ugly bumps will purge on your skin. :) focus on the happy things in your life and keep yourselves doin what you love and keep being positive. :)))))))

Simple yet Effective

Sometimes, great things come in small and inexpensive packages. I started using Dove on my face after I was slightly burned by a chemical peel. It made my skin soft, smooth, and it appeared to calm my acne down. Although, Paula, (of Paula's Choice and Beautypedia), advises against using bar soap on your face, I have to admit that this product does seem to make a difference. If it works for you keep using it! As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it." My grandmother had flawless and even toned skin, and all she used was Dove, Ponds Cold Cream, and Oil of Olay (the pink stuff)...so go figure! I, on the other hand, have always used nothing but very high end products, and my skin never looked as good as hers until I met the love of my life hiding in the bathroom shower...Dove soap:)! Sidenote: I have always used Dove on my body, but never my face until now and I must say that I'm happy, pleased and satisfied.

Love it

Gives my skin a fresh feeling after washing my face. Over the year I've tried lots of harsh chemicals that just made my pimples worse and dried it out. Dove on the other hand doesn't dry out your skin and doesn't contain any harsh chemicals like other face washes do. Go dove!! 🎉🎉

The Best for the price

My face became super sensitive from shaving and ingrown hairs, then dove came to the rescue. Fragranced soaps can sting and this soap is extremely gentle. I personally only use it for my face as it has proven itself to be too gentle for my body. For that I use lever2000.

I trust dove

My skin hates EVERYTHING. Especially Moisturizers. i use sensitive or baby dove sensitive with hydrating hyaluronic acid mist and that seems to be enough moisture. Any more than that and It can clog my pores up pretty bad. I've tried everything from high end to low, foaming, cream, gel and other bar soaps. ***Some information for anybody who wants to know. One of the main ingredients in Dove soap is lauric acid. Lauric acid has been clinically proven to kill P. Acnes. All you need to do is Google "Lauric acid p. Acnes" also lauric acid is used in the treatment of cold sores and fever blisters because it breaks down the surface of the bacteria cell membrane effectively destroying the virus contained within (any good high school student knows viruses are not living things until they inhabit bacteria cells) So does Dove soap cause acne? No. Will it help you with your acne? It will depending on your diet of course. No dairy, no sugar, no simple carbohydrates...Lots of water and clean towels. Please do not use tissue or paper towel to dry your face. They use a fairly caustic bleaching agent to make those things white and that causes damage to facial skin. Now you know :j

Popular Bar