Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi Reviews

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

natural and fair price

I am a diehard fan of tea tree oil so I always liked this product. It is not my favorite tea tree cleanser (that would be Tea MD) but it is an excellent fall-back because it's easy to get in most natural foods stores and very well-priced. I always used just a little bit, probably one small pump and then lathered over my face and it worked really well. Too much is definitely intense, especially for dry skin. I say give it a try because it's hard to go wrong with TT oil!

love

Love this face wash! Works great for my sensative, acne-prone, combo skin. The best natural face wash I've found, it gets your skin Thoroughly Clean!! I try to use as much all natural as I can and this def one of the best natural cleansers I have tried. I find Tea Tree very soothing and it kills all the germies that get on your face during the day.

Miracle!!!!!!!

I have had acne for about 4 years now. Both of my parents got it, but not bad. At first it was just small bumps, but now it is cystic acne. Or was cystic acne. Ever since going on this 5 days ago, my acne has reduced completely in size. I am always in tears due to my acne, but i have been very happy with the results. And trust me, i have tried everything: Norwex washcloths, Proactive, birth control. Literally everything!!! IT WORKS!!!

Works Well if Diluted

I have oily skin and I tried using this face wash straight from the bottle and it was too strong for me. My mother, who also has oily skin, did not feel the same. My recommendation is if you think it's too drying, dilute it. I use the face wash diluted 50:50 in water, and I think it works wonderfully! It's the only face wash that leaves me feeling clean and doesn't cause any acne. I moisturize very well afterwards with 100% jojoba oil.

Guest Steve
Guest Steve

Natural Lots of Good Ingredients Tea Tree Oil Natural doesn't always mean safe. Do research on Tea Tree Oil before buying. I bought this and desert essence moisturizer and got extremely light headed and almost fainted. Tea Tree Oil in combination with Lavender Oil (this product contains both) has been linked to gynecomastia. Do not use if male, it will mess with hormones.

From what I have read, studies have only been done on boys who haven't begun puberty yet. I don't think this will affect any male who is fully developed. Correct me if I am mistaken, though.

Works very fast Natural Vegan Gluten free Doesn't test on animals No dangerous chemicals All natural Smell is strong and some people may not like it A little expensive This is amazing. I'm a huge fan of desert essence because they are natural, mostly vegan, don't test on animals, and a good enough price. I have their conditioner, lotion, soap, and shampoo. They all smell great and I decided to get a face cleanser. I have a combination of oily and sensitive skin and medium acne. I have used it 3 times so far and my acne is much less noticeable. I wet my face with warm water, gently exfoliate and wash it off with this. Then I apply lotion. It works awesome.

Guest Ksenia
Guest Ksenia

doesn't irritate doesn't dry skin no harsh chemicals easy to wash of the face/no resedue hard to find in stores I like the product. I have a mild rosacea. It doesn't irritate my skin (most products do). It is not drying my skin, but I use it with cool water. It may be a key. I use it twice a day. My dauther started using it and her black comedons are less noticable now.

Comments

Body liked it. Watery consistency. I switched to all natural products after having a bad skin reaction to an ingredient that's in everyday drug store products. I wanted to love this product, but this made my face break out, and become rough and red. On the other hand, my shoulders and back like it. So now I use it for skin clearing body wash. Be aware that this product is very liquidy. It has the same consistency as water, so be careful.

Guest chelsea
Guest chelsea

inexpensive. smells good. cleans skin well. runny. stings eyes. made my lips red. had cystic pimples on body. i heard tea tree oil was good for acne. just not mine i guess. it dried my face out and made my lips red and tingly. when i used it the shower it made my stomach and back break out with cystic acne! i never get cystic pimples. i stopped using it and they went away.

Comments

* Inexpensive * Large bottle * More natural ingredients * A little goes a long way * Runny * Can be drying Trying to use this as the liquid form it comes in is a task! However, you can remedy this by pouring it into a foaming dispenser. I reuse the hand soap dispensers from bath and body works for this purpose! Just clean the bottle out really well, and viola. Makes it so much easier to dispense AND you use less product, too. I keep a bottle in the shower and on my sink. Great product for back and chest, arms..wherever you need extra cleaning. This can dry out normal/dry skin and irritate sensitive skin. However, I find I can mediate the effects by reducing usage (and alternating a creamier/moisturizing cleanser) or by applying a moisturizer afterward. I have not experienced any of the bumps others have talked about, so I can't say anything regarding that. I love this stuff because it works and it is cheap. I even use it on my scalp from time to time if it gets too oily. :) $8.54 for a huge 32oz bottle at Vitacost. Usually lasts at least a year using the pump dispensers. Can't beat the value!

Guest Miss C
Guest Miss C

-all the really sore, red, throbbing pimples went away -my face stopped hurting and I thought it a miracle -natural, organic, no harsh chemicals -ethical company that supports wind power, vegetarianism, environmentalism, etc -dried up some of the oils on my oily skin -worsened the overall texture of my face, the sore spots went away, but I developed tiny little bumps all over my forehead and around my nose--painless but unattractive. When I first started using this product I thought I had finally found the miracle product I've been searching for all these years. I'm 23 and I've had acne since I was about 11 or 12, I've tried just about everything, and I was so relieved that I had found something so natural and effective. My face was so sore before I started using this product, and it took all that pain away, leading me to believe that all my problems were officially over! I used it for about two/three months, and that's when these tiny little bumps started to form. I think perhaps it could have been allergic reaction to the tea tree (I've read that some people are), and if it wasn't for that, this would be an ideal product. Did anyone else have this reaction?? I say definitely give it a try because it isn't that expensive, and if this was just my own personal allergic reaction, than this may be an incredible product for other oily skinned, acne-prone individuals. (I might even try going back to it once these tiny bumps subside.)

Guest catlover
Guest catlover

Not very expensive Cleans face really well Smells good Helps clear up acne Takes a while to start helping clear acne. Stings REALLY BADLY if you get it into your eyes Is really runny This is a very good foaming cleanser for acne-prone skin. It smells good (to me, although some might find it a little strong) and feels good and refreshing. I use it twice a day, and sometimes in the shower. It helps get rid of oil and dirt. But believe me (and I found this out the hard way lol), it REALLY STINGS if you get it in your eyes!!! The other main con is that it is runny (almost the consistency of water, so it is kind of hard to use. But is is definitely helping my acne. I use it with Duac and tea tree oil in aloe.

Comments

Natural ingredients The smell Leaves skin dry and taut Badly-designed bottle Caused breakouts I bought this at WholeFoods, thinking that a more natural product would not irritate my skin. I was wrong. My skin was red after rinsing the cleanser off. The very next day, new breakouts emerged.

Guest Estela
Guest Estela

This product is very cleansing and leaves skin almost squeaky clean. It is sometimes very drying to the skin, I would definitely recommend a moisturizer after using this cleanser. Overall this product is utterly amazing. Not only is it completely natural and cheap but it also works very well. After using it just once it leaves the skin radiant and almost brighter. I had acne all over my cheeks mostly and my forehead and it has minimized it a lot compared to other expensive products I've bought before. I would recommend using a moisturizer afterwards because it tends to leave the skin very dry. I've only had 2 weeks of using this product but in only 2 weeks I've seen improvement and will hope for more.

Guest Kayla
Guest Kayla

All-Natural Great makeup remover Smells good Cleared up my acne!!!! Do not get it into your eyes! Can dry skin if not used with lotion Recently I decided to stop using harmful chemicals on my skin, even if that meant having to settle with just dealing with my acne. I'm 24 and have had light to medium breakouts almost every day since I was a teenager. I picked up Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash Original (says for Oily and Combination Skin) at Earthfare, and I also bought Alba Oil-Free Moisturizer with Aloe and Green Tea. I've been using this combo for two months and my skin is really clearer than it's ever been!!! I still get a break out a couple times a month a few days before my period, but that definitely beats having it all the time. Plus, I love knowing that I'm not letting harsh chemicals soak into my face. My next task is switching to mineral makeup. I highly recommend this!

Comments

Natural Controls Oil Non-drying Keeps skin clear Affordable None I love this product. I have dry, acne prone, sensitive skin, but using this natural cleanser has eliminated the sensitivity and cleared my acne. If my skin is feeling dry, I only massage it in for about 10 seconds (the bottle says to do 1 minute) but longer after working out or sweating. Just avoid your eye area, as you always should with acne products, and follow up with an oil-free moisturizer. I actually swab my face with a cotton ball full of green tea after cleansing, and then finish up with the desert essence thoroughly clean moisturizer (which I JUST started using, so far so good!). My face is almost entirely cleared up! I also squirt some on my loofa and use it on my chest and back. If you buy the economy size refill, this cleanser is VERY affordable!

Comments

-Excellent at removing makeup -Cleared acne -Improved skin tone -Reduced redness -Removes oil -Huge bottle (32OZ) -Drying -Stings if you get in to eyes This product is EXCELLENT. After three weeks of usage, I threw out all of the other cleansers I had, because this has taken over everything they did and done it better. :) After seeing Dearly's post, I decided to try it, and it's def. worth it! I also use the Pretika Sonicdermabrasion facial brush to cleanse with it. At first I was concerned it would be too harsh, but it hasn't been so far and I'm finally getting control of my skin again. It can be drying-- my solution was to buy the desert essence jojoba oil and mix a drop with my moisturizer (neutrogena sensitive skin-oil free) and it's worked like a charm. This cleanser is amazing.

Comments

Nice smell Leaves skin feeling clean DRIES OUT BAD! This product is nice...nice to look at but not use! It dried out my skin so bad that my face was red under my chin and under my nose. The redness I could deal with, but the painful dry skin. My skin is overly oily and to go from one extreme to the other shocked my skin. It took a couple weeks for the redness and irritation to go away.

Comments

Cleared my skin, miracle, miracle, miracle, non-offensive smell, MIRACLE None I've had moderate to severe acne since I was 11 (almost 10 years.) I started using this cleanser a few months ago, and I've been 100% clear ever since. I absolutely love this cleanser. I buy the huge jug of it, which cost me about $11. Totally worth it, and totally recommended. I cleanse twice a day with this cleanser and the Pretika Sonicdermabrasion facial brush. Can't live without these products!

Popular Liquid