De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment Reviews

Brand: De La Cruz

De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment

Good but not healing

I don't know whether to give this 3 or 4 stars. The ointment worked but it made my skin so dry and scaley I felt like that was the only reason it worked - like the desert nothing could actually grow on such a barren landscape. It was pretty unbearable and even though my skin had less bumps on it, it was so dry I was almost more self conscious than I was of my zits. But if you can overcome that, then I would say it works.

Good to dry out pimples

This stuff is good to use to dry out acne. I have used it on new pimples and old pimples to dry them out, but I wouldn't use it every night as it is very drying and can irritate your skin if you use it too much. It didn't do anything for my cysts under the skin, but did help with surfaced acne. It does have a sulfer smell to it but it really didn't bother me.

Try Vick’s vapor rub for cysts under the skin
@FvckYouAcne I will have to try that! Thank you :)

It's Works !!!! Be patient

Starting in November I develop some pimples nothing odd, over the course of 5 months it turned into acne vulgaris, my 1st dermatologist prescribed aczone which my insurance doesn't cover so I got Clindimycin, maybe I wasn't patient enough but I didn't notice anything happening. Went to another dermatologist she prescribed Avar which has sulfur but is $ 318.00 I couldn't afford it. Finally after much products, and frustration I came across De la Cruz. Amazing!!!!!!!! Please remember to WASH IT OFF !!! it isn't a topical cream it's a facial mask. I learned the hard way not reading the instructions, it says leave on 10 minutes but I notice a difference when I left it on longer, my skin can tolerate up to 3 hours. You have to determine the length of time your skin can tolerate it and be patient. After finally listening to my skin creating and facial regimen. I notice a difference within few weeks I am still using it and it hasn't cleared up everything yet but until it does I will give it 5, but for now a strong 4 is my rating.

The Best Zit Zap Recipe You'll Find

If you're already using a prescription and/or all the usual over-the-counter acne solutions and it's still not entirely successful in clearing up the skin, De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment can be immensely useful as a spot treatment. It's great on its own but I've found a way to make this product work even better than anything else on the market. I typically mix a very minute amount of this product with tea tree oil, apply to the spot and leave it overnight. My skin can already tolerate Differin (Rx) application every other day, benzoyl peroxide (Clean & Clear in the AM) and salicylic acid facial wash (in the PM). Still, I suffer hormone-driven break-through acne. De La Cruz Sulfer Ointment and Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil is my emergency spot-treatment remedy of choice. Instead of cystic acne persisting for a week or more, if I catch it in the early stages I can halt the size and duration of the spot. Although I don't typically need more than a dab of tea tree oil and sulfur combined, a "trifecta approach" can come handy in an emergency: First, apply a thin layer of OTC hydrocortisone cream, secondly apply a very, very tiny amount of sulfur ointment and tea tree oil to the tip of your finger and rub it together. Apply lightly on top of the cortisone cream . When applied overnight as a spot treatment, this combo will bring down inflammation a lot faster than anything else on the market. Now for the disclaimer: The directions for this product do not advise leaving it on as an overnight spot treatment, let alone in combination with additional ingredients, as I've described. If you take this approach make sure you're already tolerant of the use of tea tree oil and sulfur ointment individually, and when initially using this approach follow the recommendation and remove it after ~10 minutes. If there is NO problem with this approach, you can take a step-wise approach to leaving it on a bit longer each time until you know you can leave it overnight without awaking to an itchy, flaky mess. Personally, I have no redness and flaking using this multi-ingredient approach but I didn't go straight away to overnight use, either. As with anything this powerful, it is important to introduce new products and approaches, such as the one I've described here, one at a time. Ensure you can tolerate each product you use on your skin before you begin layering ingredients. What I've described here is extremely successful as a spot treatment but I wouldn't recommend it for daily or whole-face use.

great

This is the best ointment that I have used for acne. It drys out the pimples and can leave your skin flakey, but is an obvious result from the sulfur since that is what it's suppose to do. It's also better the other topicals for acne because it's more natural and isn't as harmful as other chemicals. I highly recommend this!

!!

i leave it on overnight and it never dried my skin. it may be because i have oily skin, i'm not sure. plus, if your skin starts to peal or dry up, it's common sense to stop applying to that area and apply a hydrating lotion instead. all my big pimples, except one, have vanished in less than five days. i first applied it to those then gradually smeared a thin layer across my forehead (where i have those tiny pimples that can only be seen in bright lights) and they're clearing up super fast. this product is a life saver because it shrinks a pesky pimple overnight. if i leave it on for 10 minutes then wash it off, it doesn't work for me. i only use it once day, i leave it on overnight. but you have to make sure your skin is clean before you apply it! overall, this is a great product 100/10 i recommend (''':

Comments

This works on my skin...

This works on my skin, which is very oily and acne prone, but it's so greasy feeling on my face. I've recently switched to a similar product, with the same amount of sulfur, but without the Polyethylene Glycol, or the greasiness, called San Marcos 10% sulfur ointment. It works just as well as this, de la Cruz brand, but the other 90% of the product is made with natural, plant based ingredients, instead of PEG.

Best

I used it on my chest and it cleared it up overnight. I then tried it on my face 4 days ago and it is working great. It is fading my post red marks and my cysts are completely flat. All of my whiteheads were gone literally overnight. I do have to leave it on all night for it to work. I tried washing it off after 10-20 minutes and it had no effect. Seriously I cannot recommend this product enough. I am a 22 year old female and have never had more than 3 pimples at a time. I've been having bad breakouts for the past 6 months and this is the only thing that works for me.

good for sistic acne

I had acne since 13. By 14 I developed keloids on my chest. Nothing worked unless I had a vigorous routine which was impossible to follow every day. I'm 26yo now and this stuff is surprisingly good with fat pimples and zits. In my case I found out I have to leave the stuff on overnight. I spread it all over my shoulders once and had very little irritation. With my severe acne I pop the hell out of my pimples and smear a dab of de la cruz on them. Instructions say not to use on open wounds but I didn't follow that rule, either. Like I said I have sistic acne and this is good for treating it. I rather do this to avoid more scars. I had expensive penicillin shots on my chest scars that hurt like hell when I was about 16 (Around $100 at the time). They didn't completely go away. But they're not as inflamed. Still very sensitive to touch. I'm not very self conscious, either, so if you're like me just hang with a bit dry irritation where you place the sulfur and in a day or two the pimples dry up. After that just rub lotion after showering so the dryness goes away. Again this is my own experience with severe acne. Some people's skin is more sensitive than others. Follow Monica AR 's advice and test a small patch of skin first. Stay pimpin'.

Saved my face

Let me start off by saying DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT leave this on overnight, your skin will start to peel. And do not spread this all over your face before having tested this out on a small patch of skin sulfur may be too strong for some of you. Okay now to the review, this saved my face. I am 21 years old. I had never broken out like crazy. Just one or two pimples that would last 2-3 days and then go away without me having to even use anything on it. 6 months ago i got the worse break out of my life. I mean 10-15 pimples all over my face. Pimples with no head that were underneath the skin. I looked up remedies online. I tried washing with salycilic acid. Nothing. I tried benzoyl peroxide. Nothing. I tried drinking 3 liters of water (which i still do) No improvements after 2-3 months of doing so. I started exercising about 2 months ago (i still do this) no improvements. I started taking fish oil to try and regulate hormones, no improvements. Finally i bought this ointment 2 weeks ago. People were saying after 3 days their acne was gone, That didnt happen for me. But I didnt give up because I know products take time to work. Last week all my acne started coming to a head. They popped and dried out and are gone. I now have 2 pimples that are underneath remaining (very small ones i might add) everything else gone. Redness gone, pimples gone, texture gone. My face is back to normal im so happy

Worlds better than BP

I use this as a spot treatment. I used it as a mask initially to clear me (sometimes for 15 minutes, sometimes overnight). You just have to splash water on afterwards to rinse off. I couldn't continue to use it as a mask after it cleared me though because it made my skin peel too much. Now, I either use it as a spot treatment (only for 15-20 minutes at a time) or add a 1/2 teaspoon to my bath.

Comments

does work well as spot treatment

Works great if your zits respond to sulfur ingredient the gel like consistency is not over drying cheap solution that is potent smelly once you stop use zits come back (like with most acne treatments) This product has a gooie-gel like consistency, but the sulfur has always worked well for my breakouts. I use it as spot treatment and my zits go away in 2 days of regular use. Sometimes, the zit will shrink with in hours on same day. Like most sulfur products it does have unpleasant odor, but I rather take that for 10 minutes than acne breakouts! The small bottle has a lot of product that lasts a while. You don't want to use too much as it's very potent.

Comments

Cheap, lasts forever Can be drying and may cause an IB First, follow the instructions,you're only to leave it on for 10 mins and wash it off. If you have moderately severe acne like myself it will take a while to work but don't give up! It will cause an IB if you have moderately severe acne.Closed comedones are greatly improved while using this sulfur ointment.It works okay on cystic pimples but can also make dormant cysts come to surface.It got me clear once and I believe it can do it again!

Comments

- Cheap - Exfoliates skin - Reduces oil - Bad smell This stuff works great!!! It unclogs my pores and also exfoliates the skin. Everytime I shower I wipe my face with my hands and I see the dead skin cells shed off my face and end up on my hands. It exfoliates the skin and makes your overall skin look brighter. It also sucks up oil really well and helps your face feel tight and clean.

Guest Salt
Guest Salt

Works Easy to work with Improves skin quality overall Pealing Helped tremendously with my facial and body acne. Overall complexion has greatly improved, skin is smoother to the touch and looks healthier. Causes minor pealing, but that is easily fixable with gentle exfoliator and a good moisturizer. Results worth all the "cons" and every penny spent. Noticed improvement in 3 days.

Comments

It worked for me in addition to the pill Improved overall quality of skin Helped with rosacea and sensitive skin Might not help with hormonal acne Try it for rosacea/dermal mite infested skin (large pores, itchy nasal creases, oily/sensitive skin, rough and bumpy appearance). I had generally very irritated skin, where it just never felt completely comfortable. Hard to explain, but it was of course oily, painful cystic pimples on cheeks and jawline, hard bumps in the area between eyes and on nasal folds. Enlargened pores and itchy nasal folds. This ointment applied after weekly exfoliation with rough sponge helped immensely.

Comments

Very inexpensive All natural Reduces size and severity of pimples Product lasts a long time None I can speak from my own experience with this product: it works very well for me and I have tried everything out there. It is a great spot treatment. It says to leave it on for 10 minutes, however I leave it on overnight and it works wonders. In the morning it is all gone and has soaked into my pimples. It quickly reduces the inflammation, size, and severity of the pimple. For me, there are zero side effects for this product, and I have extremely sensitive skin. There is no irritation, itching, burning, redness, etc. when applying. It is natural and very safe. I appreciate this product so much, it has saved my skin from all of the harsh chemicals that I have used for years. And it is CHEAP and lasts for a very long period of time. I would definitely recommend giving it a try!

Sulfur is technically a harsh chemical. Just putting that out there.

works well inexpensive no extra ingredients (dyes/perfumes) dries skin if you leave it on too long I tried this when the drug store didn't have my usual sulfur treatment (Acnomel) and I like it! It works about as well and you get a lot for the money. It's a mask, not an ointment, and it's pretty sticky so I apply it 10 minutes before my shower, where it's easier to wash off. It's a bit of a pain trying to wash it off in the sink. Definitely moisturize after you use it! I've experimented with leaving it on longer than the recommended 10 minutes and my skin is pretty oily so that works for me. I got a little bit of peeling but the dead skin just rubbed off and there was no raw or red skin underneath. It seems to be most effective if you can leave it as long as possible but not so long that it makes your skin peel later, which requires a bit of trial and error. I've also tried using it as a spot treatment ointment, I get a little dab on my fingertip and apply it to a pimple then just leave it. If it starts to itch later then I wipe it off with a tissue but it doesn't always - sometimes it just sort of soaks in and it doesn't bother me. That works for me but it might dry your skin! I definitely recommend using it as directed on a small patch of skin first to see how it is for you. I think this might even be better than Acnomel, it doesn't dry my skin quite as much as Acnomel does. I'm kind of alternating between the two at the moment. My regimen definitely works better when it includes sulfur.

Comments

•Noticeable difference in acne. •Not harsh on skin. •Very good price for the amount. •By itself, it has very little scent. •A tad time-consuming: have to wash before and after use. •Can stain cloth (my towel had discolored spots on it) •On cloth, it smells like burning. I would recommend this. I tried many other types of acne treatment, including ProActiv, Stridex, and Nutrogena On-the-Spot. While Stridex was easier to use, it irritated my skin. ProActiv and Nutrogena had almost no visible effect on my acne. This, however, was the one thing I tried and after four months, I still use. I apply it once a day. To save time, I wash my face and apply it 10 minutes before I shower every night, so when I shower it comes off naturally. The difference was small but definitely noticeable after 3 days, and after a month most of my acne had disappeared. Something I learned when using this is to avoid getting it on cloth. When I first bought it, I had read that people had positive results when they applied it before they slept, and left it on all night. I tried this, and to my dismay my pillowcase became discolored. On top of that, it smelled like it had been charred. The smell came out only after washing it 3 times, and the stains never came out. Another thing I learned was that Sulfur reacts with jewelry. I wear a watch which I now take off before I apply this, because the sulfur reacted with the metal. In all, I would recommend this product to people with moderate acne. Use it once or twice a day, but try to avoid getting it on clothes, and take off all jewelry before use.

Comments

Dries pimples out fast. Not harsh on the skin Lasts a long time I love this stuff, it works so well, dries out the pimples fast. Even if I pick at them and a scab forms I use this product and it helps to heal the scab faster.

Comments

Relatively cheap Lasts for ages Potent Difficult to find a place that ships to the UK quickly A little smelly Can be drying if used in the wrong way I've had this for a few weeks. Barely made a dent in my jar. I really love it! I don't use it all over my face or as a face mask overnight or as directed on the instructions (put on face for 10 mins a day) Instead I use it as a "on the spot" treatment. If I see a zit coming up I just put a thin layer over it overnight & it usually either shrinks the zit or helps it heal MUCH faster. It's especially useful for blasting cysts. It's water soluble. It will not absorb into your face, this is why (for me anyway) it's best to use as a spot treatment and not everywhere overnight. Definitely the most effective treatment I've ever used!

Popular All-over treatments