Covergirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup Reviews

Brand: Covergirl

Covergirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup

Best makeup ever

I use this a lot. When i do it gets rid of my acne, swear. Its so amazing i havw even put it to the test and not used it for a month and i got so many zits. Then last day of the month i put it on and left it on for 24 hours. Even went to sleep in it. I woke up to less zits then i had. Now i dont recommend sleeping in ur makeup because everyones skin is different but it helps with my acne.

It's 50/50

I've been using this product for at least a month. It applies easily, and doesn't feel like anything is on your face, and matches your skin tone perfectly. I use ivory and it matches me just fine. The only thing I'll complain about is if you have dry skin it does flake but it's not horrible flaking, and if you have those sore red pimples it doesn't cover them as good as other products. It hasn't caused me any breakouts as far as I know, I do have moderate acne. I'm changing a few things in my life to help with my skin because fast food has caused me breakouts and just in general I'd get breakouts. Its getting better, I've started using an acne treatment prescribed by a doctor, and the only thing is it dries my skin out so that's how I know this makeup gives you flakes with dry skin. Just put moisturizer and primer before applying. Top this product off with a powder for best looks, I use a brand called Clean for the powder. Oh and acne scars which I have this makeup bunches up on those.

TERRIBLE PRODUCT

I decided to try this product because it seemed to match my skin tone much better than the product I was using (loreal+olay foundation). The coverage was very little (I had to build it up), but the worst part was, IT BROUGHT BACK MY JAWLINE CYSTIC ACNE. I NOW HAVE PAINFUL PUSTULES ON MY FACE. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Foundation

At first I loved the product! But after a couple of weeks, my skin started to break out worse than usual. So I quit using it for a while and just used a tinted light moisturizer from Wet & Wild. While not using the product, I found my skin to be clearing up and less acne problems. I would definitely not buy this if your skin is sensitive and oily (like mine)

Comments

I just bought this because I ran out of smashbox

And that was a bad idea. Now I know to buy higher end foundation because your skin will thank you. I ran out of smashbox and my mom picked this up for me. The coverage is cakey looking and feeling and always needs to be mixed. As soon as I started using this, my face began breaking out so bad, and it continues to because I need to cover up what popped up. It clogs my pores, but I don't have any other foundation to use right now.

And I used to not breakout easily, but it is hard to control while using this foundation!!!

This is some bittersweet stuff.

I'm not sure if the new truBLEND is just a reformulation of this TRUblend foundation but I've only tried the newer version so that's what I'm reviewing. This foundation is one of the best foundations I have ever tried. It's not sticky, feels so light on my skin, and it makes my skin feel soft and matte. However, it made me breakout terribly. I've had my severe acne under control, sorta, for the past two years and after using this foundation for three days I am right back at square one. My pores all looked clogged, and I developed cysts along my jawline. I noticed several breakouts after the first days but coninued to try it out in hopes that the breakouts would stay small, but I began developing those cysts and I just had to stop. A couple days later, bo new breakouts but I am left with a couple cysts and clogged pores to deal with.It's a great foundation but definitely not something I'd recommend to somebody with acne prone skin.

So so

Amazing skin color match Breakout Easily sweats off I had use this product twice. It has amazing skin match, problem is after few hours, I face become very oily and couple clogged pores the next day. I have sensitive so if you easily break out I would NOT recommend this product. Other then that I love the product tho I personally can't use it. Don't read a review and let it change your perspective on a product you're just trying, experience it first because everyone's skin type is different :)

Horrible breakouts!

Lasts all day Pimples like woah For coverage, it was one of the best foundations I've used and it lasts all day. Unfortunately, it made my acne the worst it has been in years. My pores are so gross and I have pimples everywhere! Never using it again.

Comments

My face is burnig with acne

Severe acne sweats right off I haven't had an acne break out since high school. I'm 23 now, and I've been using Trublend for about a month. Sure, it makes my face look great - at first, but then it just sweats right off after being at work for a few hours. Not to mention, my skin is incredibly blotchy and pimply; It even burns.

Guest A. B.
Guest A. B.

Blends nicely (at first), true to its name Provides good, lightweight coverage Cheaper than alternatives Comedogenic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Contains Isopropyl titanium triisostearate!!!! Seems to be good only for the first few uses. I thought it was because I was storing it in a humid spot, but it looks like I'm not the only one having the issue It gets watery after the first few uses, and harder to blend/kinda oily. Did they reformulate? It used to work like a charm! Also it'll break you out like crazy, esp. if you have hormonal acne along the jawline... Acne prone users BEWARE!

Guest Karla
Guest Karla

I've been using this product for years and have never had problems of any kind. My skin is very sensitive, very fair, "normal" not dry nor oily. I've tried other products, the expensive department ones for example, and always come back to this one. I don't overdo it and cake it on. 2 pumps is the perfect amount. It feels and looks very natural. I'm always getting compliments on my face and many think I use the more expensive products and are shocked when I tell them I use Covergirl Trublend. None It's a great product and I highly recommend it.

Comments

Covered nothing (acne scars/blemishes) Worst cheek acne of my life Red/Blotchy skin tone Stinging upon application Dried out my skin I don't know what about this OIL FREE/NON COMO foundation broke me out but my acne has never been so awful in my life! I wish I had never tried this foundation! (FYI, I have oily skin)

Guest Jess
Guest Jess

Not sure still working on that one. says it wont clog pores but it does! made me break out/get acne hard to blend bit expensive made my face feel sore waste of money did not cover any of my pimples, it made my pimples /face turn into acne as i looked at this foundation i thought it had to be the one, considering it said 'wont clog pores' but i was wrong. After a day or two of using trublend i broke out. Before buying it i had a few pimples on my face but using this turned my cheeks, chin, forehead into acne. After it happened i went on the internet reading other peoples reviews and they were going through the same thing, i am dissapointed and will not go through cover girl again!

Guest Jo
Guest Jo

Will look good at first Has a pump! The foundation looks all old after Did not blend well Quite Pricey You get all blotchy after Omg, I don't even know why I kept this foundation! This foundation is far the worst one I have tried! What a waste of money! Its weird because when you first get it, it looks really good and after that one use, the product gets all messed up! I guess you really have to shake it up in able for it to have a good consistency otherwise it will look watery/oily when you first pump it. Its pretty hard to blend! And once you do all the applying and it dries, its get all blotchy! Don't buy it!

Guest Clarissa
Guest Clarissa

Pretty good colour. Used on a pimple started to get little boils. Hurt so bad when I woke up now using an ointment. Do not recommend! Rubs off and easily excesses off n don't use on pimples.

Comments

Covered me up good at first, I guess Oily skin Gave me Breakouts Wrong shade :/ I used this to cover up my acne, but stopped a little bit ago because I decided I wanted my acne gone, not covered. Then yesterday, I realized that while I was putting it on (I got weak, and gave in). Anyways, it was the wrong shade. I was embarassed and wiped it off immediately. I had only put it on one of my cheeks (thank God!) and it was orangey and too tan. I was incredibly embarassed that I'd bad somewhat splotchy skin the past few weeks. Now I'm not wearing it anymore, but my acne hasn't gotten better (it hasn't gotten worse either). I know that the cover up wasn't the only problem with my face. I do not recommend it, or any foundation for that matter.

Comments

none I have combination skin, this product actually produced boils. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! I was trying to figure out what was going on, and realized it was not stress but this product. If you have oily or combination skin, do not use. Causes severe, not moderate acne. My face is actually the worse I have ever seen it and I am under physicians care, please do not use this product.

Guest Michaela
Guest Michaela

Coverage is lovely, finally the lightest shade is my lightest shade! Doesn' t do as much damage as some do. no dryness it's yellow not pink tinted for all you pasty people out there.(try 01) Larger quantity than others Not too expensive. Gave me a TINY TINY TINY bit of acne on my forehead, but that was because I started using it during that crazy heat wave we got, so I suppose it can't have helped with all the excess sweat. Rubs off easy. If you are desperate for good coverage but willing to risk the occasional zit for it. GO AHEAD!! Personally, I just wish this company would create something for acne prone skin that wasn't pink based. But in all honesty, it's not a bad product and the risk of getting a pimple from it increases with the temp. Best for cold weather. Just try it.

Popular Foundation