Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel Reviews

Brand: Clinique

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Great Moisturizer - Have Been Using for 5 Years Now

I've been using this product about 5 years now. Here's my regimen. -Acne.org Cleanser with Soft Loofah Washcloth for Face -Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub with Soft Loofah Washcloth for Body -Pura D'or Original Hair Thinning Shampoo -Clinique Clarifying Lotion Level 1 (Really it's a Toner) applied with a soft towel -Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL applied with fingers I'm now 39 years old and this has been the best system I've used so far. I have semi oily skin so the GEL is perfect. If you have dry skin, it may not be hydrating enough. I don't really ever write reviews, but I feel that people should know that I've tried LOTS of different combinations over the years. But this is what works best for me now. Thank You, Scott

Favorite Daytime Moisturizer

Having to control my acne with Benzoyl Peroxide twice a day is a lot for my skin to handle. I need a good moisturizer to balance everything out and make sure my skin isn't looking like an oil slick but also get enough hydration. This is by far my favorite daytime moisturizer. The gel formula is great for my oily skin and it is easily absorbed making getting ready in the morning a lot quicker. The only downside would really be the price. It is Clinique and it can be costly for such a small bottle. I don't always have the budget to buy this all the time but when I do treat myself to this my skin feels at its best. And the best thing...No breakouts on this moisturizer at all.

Comments

Nuetral view on this one

After battling acne for god-knows -how-many years and trying out various lotions/gel, I gave thsi one a try. While it didnt do a miracle but didnt aggrevate my acne . All in all for any one with cystic/harmonal acne and combination skin, do give this one a try. Dont expect it work wonders from day 1, give it arleast 2 weeks to notice any difference.I use this in conjunction with calamine lotion- dab a layer over the affected areas and you will surely notice some difference. Good luck!

My absolute favorite moisturizer

I am completely in love with this product! I have a mixed skin, prone to acne, and this is my absolute favorite moisturizer! This feels very "light" on your face, and not oily at all! Would highly recommend it!

My holy grail.

I went through plenty of facial moisturizers and this one was by far the best. I have mild acne (cystic, whiteheads, hyper pigmentation etc) and very sensitive skin (eczema, scars easily etc) and cliniques gel and lotion are the only products that don't make my skin extremely oily or dry. They also don't "feel" heavy. I have never once regretted using clinique on my face - this is the same product my mom has used for 35 years. Will likely never stop buying.

Comments

GAVE ME REALLY BAD FOREHEAD ACNE!!!!!!!!!!

Had perfectly clear skin up until I used this stuff which I paid £40 pounds for it gave me huge painful pimples all over my forehead and a few gigantic blind ones. Never buy this product unless you think enormous pussy red sore pimples look good! Nasty stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it!

My night skin care routine- cetaphil gentle skin cleanser with clarisonic, Rentin-a 0.025 %, and this. I really like this moisturizer! It's really light and refreshing, because I use Rentin-a it can dry out your skin ( it hasn't for me yet {I have been using it for 3 days} ) this will hopefully be moisturizing enough if that happens. I only have to use 2 pumps so a little goes a long way! Not too fond of the smell but it doesn't linger at all. Great moisturizer at the moment!

Very light

Light No smell I heard so many good things about this so I wanted to try it out. I wanted a light moisturizer that would not break me out. This did just that. It doesn't have a strong smell to it and it's pretty light. There's a gel and lotion version. The gel one, which is the one listed above is best for oily skin. Some people say it doesn't moisturize their face, but that's only because they picked the wrong one.

Good for oily skin

Prevents oil Non Greasy Non comedogenic Not suited to dry skin I have used this quite a few times and it is a nice formula and gets rid of that "fresh out the shower" tight feeling, however I have quite dry skin (post accutane) so this isn't moisturising enough to stop flakes etc. I think this will be my saviour in the summer where I usually get really oily. I still use this most days over the top of my normal lush moisturiser as it stops me getting oily in the day (due to the silicone content). Definitely suited to oily skin if you only have minor skin dehydration.

GEL vs LOTION

•Smells nice and light. •Never greasy, always light. •Not irritating, leaves skin soft. •Easily confused with the lotion. •Won't do much for acne. I love them both. I keep a bottle of the gel and the lotion handy at all times. To me, it seems that many reviewers are either confusing the lotion with the gel, or they don't realize that they are two different products. I like to use the lotion at night and the gel in the morning because I feel that it wears a bit better under my foundation. In the winter I use strictly the lotion, and in the summer.. (you guessed it) I use only the gel. Neither are effective on extremely dry skin. They are mostly for maintainence/prevention. If you are experiencing dryness from a BP regimen, this gel will not help you. Perhaps try the lotion version instead.

Comments

Nice smell- no fragrance Cooling Doesn't make you break out at all & no irritation Doesn't moisturize unless I use like four pumps (in that case is use it up in a month) Doesn't last long I was so excited to try this because a lot of others had tried and loved it but I just feel like it doesn't moisturize at all. I use two pumps of this everyday and I feel like its getting used up so quickly.

Guest Vladislav
Guest Vladislav

Very Lightweight Moisturizing Fragrance free Contains comedogenic (pore clogging) ingredients such as: Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Oleth-10, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol. Relatively pricey Has a light formula and feels nice on the skin, quite moisturizing. Though I would not recommend this because of the pore clogging ingredients it has (you can research it's ingredients yourself if you want to). It's better to choose a non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Guest Clarissa
Guest Clarissa

* Doesn't break me out * Light gel texture * Fragrance free * No SPF ( I prefer this) * Works well with the acne.org regimen * Affordable (4.2 FL. OZ. for $25 and lasts a long time) * Available in a smaller and larger size too * Bottle has pump and is travel friendly * Yellow color disappears on skin - don't worry! * May not be moisturizing enough for others * No SPF (some people want SPF in their moisturizer) This is the only facial moisturizer that doesn't break me out! Believe me, I've tried them all. This gel actually helps with my breakouts. It's anti-inflammatory on my skin. It wears wonderfully over the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment. I don't have to worry about it balling up or leaving streaks. It does help with the dryness and flakes, but I also use the acne.org AHA+ and the Clarisonic brush for exfoliation. This gel lightly moisturizes and leaves my skin soft and smooth. Moisturizers with sunscreen tend to make my face oily and break me out, so I appreciate that this product doesn't have SPF in it. Everyone's skin is different, but if you have combination or oily skin, I definitely recommend this. I'm not a big fan of Clinique products, but this gel is great for my oily, acne-prone skin. I hope it works for you as well.

Comments

Doesn't clog pores No fragance! Very light, doesn't make me greasy No SPF I love that it has no fragrance and is so light. It stays comfortable all day long. Some can be so heavy! I have been using this for 2-3 years!

Guest Kat
Guest Kat

moisturized my skin very well feels nice made me break out badly expensive As winter started coming along my skin began getting drier, so I decided to try this out. I bought the small tube size (because the regular sized bottle pretty expensive). After a few days of trying this out, I noticed more and more pimples on my face, including the really painful ones :( but my skin felt so moisturized I kept using it hoping the break out was just caused by something else. I continued to break out so I stopped using this moisturizer and switched to Clean & Clear advantage acne control moisturizer. My skin has improved since then, however the clean and clear moisturizer isn't as moisturizing i'd like it to be.

Guest Lindsay
Guest Lindsay

It felt good going on my face. i loved how it felt. Made me break out allll over my face!! this product is horrible for my face. i finally had it cleared up and now i have about 6 pimples. i wont be buying this ever again.

Comments

Lightweight Non-comedogenic Smoothes skin Oil-free $ I have been using this stuff for years! However, I have figured out the secret! Add Jojoba oil to it and its the BEST moisturizer I have found. Its a gel, so its not super moisturizing, which is good for oily skin or summertime. But since its winter now, I have been adding Jojoba and it is PERFECT. My face is feeling super smooth and clear and quenched! :) I love this stuff so much, and for me its worth every penny and last for like 4 months at least. Add the jojoba if you need more moisture, which you probably do if using BP (which i am)

Comments

- Good for oily skin - Super lightweight gel formula - Leaves my skin soft and moisturized - A tad expensive I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have never changed my moisturizer after using this. If you have oily skin, then this will probally be a good moisturizer for you seeing as it's in a gel formula and feels very light and not greasy. However I guess it's a bit expensive compared to most drugstore moisturizers, but it's totally worth it and I don't mind spending extra if it's for my skin.

Guest Miss Kim
Guest Miss Kim

- Leaves skin soft - Non greasy formula - A bit expensive Just an overall amazing moisturizer for combination/oily skin! It's a bit expensive, but it is totally worth it and you only need a pump or two for full face coverage.

Popular Dry/Sensitive