Clenia Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Emollient Cream Reviews

Clenia Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Emollient Cream

-Keeps acne away -Rare pimples if any -May help redness -Probably one of the best creams available I've tried -Works -Smell for some people but doesn't bother me. -A little difficult to rub in/make sure it's not visible on face. -Costs $35.07 for a tube with coupon if insurance doesn't cover it. (pro or con) -Should have used it sooner!!! I am using this with Epiduo gel. I alternate one day with the Clenia cream and then the next day with the Epiduo gel. I wash my face 2x a day with Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleanser. I use AM Cerave 35 SPF lotion in the morning and no lotion at night. My skin was more sensitive than I realized because only the small amount of salcylic acid in the Aveeno cleanser made my face red at first, but I got used to it. I needed something that would be gentle on my skin. Clenia is less harsh on skin than the Epiduo gel, but they work well together alternating.

Guest Nicole
Guest Nicole

Clears up my breakouts and is gentle enough for me to use twice a day on my extremely sensitive skin. Works for my acne and rosacea! The wash doesn't foam like it claims, but if that's the only issue..it's so worth it. I tried every drug store product avaliable in the past 9 years that I have struggled with acne. Finally, I decided to go to the dermatologist and he prescribed this product and it really does work. I feel happier and more confident than I have in years!

Comments

Easy to use, easy to apply. Cream disappears after application. I am able to wear makeup over the cream. it smells (sulfur) but I did get used to it. Clenia was a MIRACLE for me. I have suffered from cystic acne for 15 years. I had tried EVERYTHING short of accutane. It wasn't until my doctor finally diagnosed me with sebborheic dermatitis and granulomatous rosacea that we started this treatment. Within a month I was CYST FREE.

Guest Splouge69
Guest Splouge69

well it reduces the size of whiteheads after they're formed.. and it doesn't clog pores isn't really effective for much of anything.. lol doesnt hurt doesn't help. reduces the size of my whiteheads. reduces some redness. not very effective.

Comments

Clears up face within a few days, Inexpensive if you have health insurance ($10) Need a prescription, can cause blotchiness/redness at first, This has been the best topical product that I have ever used. I have tried everything and I have finally found something that stops all my breakouts and has allowed for my face to heal. I have used Accutane (which was successful at the time) but I don't like to take anything that throws off my internal chemical balance (hormones, etc.) If sulfur products seem to work with your face, I cannot recommend a better product! I wash with the face wash once in the morning and once at night and have actually seen better results when I use the face wash without the topical cream that is supposed to work in conjunction with it. When I use the cream, it tends to dry my face out too much and causes redness/blotchiness. **Give the product about 2 weeks to get used to. By the end of the first bottle of foaming face wash, I had no acne/breakouts and I have never been a happier or more confident person since.

Guest GALE ADAMS
Guest GALE ADAMS

I HAVE HAD ACNE ALL OF MY ADULT LIFE I DECIDED TO GO TO THE DEMETOLOGIST ONE DAY AND MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED CLENIA FOAM WASH, DUAC AND DIFFERIN FOR ME I TRIED IT, THE VERY FIRST APPLICATION, IT HAD A CHANGE. MY BREAKS OUTS STARTED TO DISAPPEAR. THIS IS SOME GREAT STUFF! I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE WITH ACNE, ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF YOUR QUALIFY? THANK YOU GOD FOR SEND ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GALE ADAMS, ELLENWOOD, GA

Guest Emily
Guest Emily

I used this for about a year, then stopped because I moved and my doctor had never heard of it. I've been back on it for about 2-3 weeks and there is a significant difference. My skin in clear day. I also use Duac Topical Gel and Lotion. The smell isn't the best, and it doesn't foam like it says. I would most definetly recommend this for people that have moderate to severe acne. It actually works and it's affordable. You get used to the smell also.

Guest Janelle
Guest Janelle

It works really well! It made a difference in my face in just one face wash! My Acne was horrible with it mostly along the jawline & now im spot free =] The smell is bad but you get used to it. USE IT!!!!! My insurance covered it completely

Guest cha cah
Guest cha cah

keeps oil away doesnt do a good job of getting zits away i have tried it i use it in the morning. it keeps the oil out but i just cant seem to get rid of the zits and i need help. good for morning. maybe it just doesnt work for me. im hopeless i cant seem to get rid of my acne its not bad bad butits gettin there

Guest Debbie
Guest Debbie

Everything is great about the wash. The smell is not pleasant, but you'll get over it. I am 50 years old and I always had clear skin never acne or zits, until one day I had a rash on my neck and a little on my face and the Dermatologist claimed it was adult acne she prescribed the wash and I have not seen a rash on my neck or face in the last month since starting to use this product. My skin is soft and acne and zit free.

Comments

I use clenia emollient cream once per day (I also use azelex once per day)...I think this really helps a lot to control inflamed acne. I saw significant improvements within a week or two of beginning this product. It doesn't seem to work for small clogged pores and blackheads. Also, it is tough to rub in which is why I use it at night. It's a little bit expensive with my current insurance, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative but am afraid to switch! Try it! I find it very effective.

Guest Meredith
Guest Meredith

-cheap (with insurance) -makes skin really soft. -Clears acne and helps just over all appearance of skin. It smells, so what, get over it. It makes your skin feel really soft and smooth. I have used it for awhile now (about 6 months?) I came off of it for a couple of weeks just because I ran out and was too lazy to go to Walgreens. I instantly noticed a difference in my skin, my cystic acne came back. I've had acne for years. Ive been on everything you can think of (seriously) differn, birth control, retin a, pro active, an asortment of antibiotics and so on. Just try the wash. It works pretty well, worth a shot.

Comments

IT WORKS!!!! No side effects!! It smells like sulfur, but I'm used to it now. Seems a little slow at reducing redness from acne. This stuff is great!! I wish I would have used this alone instead of with Solodyn. Solodyn only worsened my acne and dried out my skin. I think if I had used the Clenia Foaming Face Wash and Clenia Emollient Cream only I would have seen faster results. I highly recommend asking your derm about these products. Give them a couple of weeks and you will be very pleased.

Guest Donna
Guest Donna

I have moderate acne rosacea and was prescribed Clenia wash as part of a daily regimen. It has worked wonderfully. I couldn't be happier. The smell can be a little bothersome, but it is not enough to hinder me from using the product. It's a small price to pay for clear skin. I am more than pleased with the results I've seen since using Clenia wash to control acne rosacea. I would recommend it for anyone plagued by this horrible skin condition.

Guest Elvis
Guest Elvis

Effective, works fast, and refreshing None Before my dermatologist prescribed this cleanser, I had a bad break out of acne when i used one of the neutrogena cleanser to help me prevent very minor acne problem. But, after using this cleanser, it strictly prevent any new acne to grow, which is the main goal to clear skin. I just had some redness before using the cleanser, but that'll go away. But I would recommend to see a dermatologist or any physician before using this cleanser because i've read some reviews from the users and they use that it made it worse thats simply because of the sentrivetly of your skin is different and it varies which cleanser is more suitable for your skin. SO ask your doctor FIRST.

Guest shante
Guest shante

i got it yesterday and it already has shown some improvement i feel a little to hopeful i it is going great smell is not that bad just kind of weird but im used to it=] i paid about 5.50 with insurance and ive never been happier=]

Guest amy
Guest amy

works immediately!!! my face was covered in red, itchy burning bumps... raised bumps that looked like bee stings..whiteheads were horrible...have been dealing with this for years...acne.rosacea along with nerves caused all of this... cream is a little hard to rub in but, no big deal considering the problems i had with my skin this is my 2nd day of use and it is unbelieveable the difference it has made. i am sure that within a month or less...it will all be gone if such a difference was made in 2 days!! i have been embarassed for years of my skin and so ashamed. it was controlling my life if you can understand that. i have only used the sample so i don't know what the co-pay on my insurance will be. i would recommend it to anybody. i don't smell the odor that i was told it was going to have and i wouldn't really care anyway. i can't say enough. i bet i work more now cause i have taken off of work many times when the 'flare-up' gets really bad because i was so humiliated. my coworkers have commented many times about 'what is wrong with your skin?' i will update in a few weeks...hopefully, my skin has a cure.

Guest Mikey
Guest Mikey

Antibacterial properties Too harsh for skin The wash was way too harsh for my skin. It made it so dry it was tight and my skin over-produced oil to moisturize itself. I have stopped using it. I actually have been more clear not washing my face.

Guest Anthony
Guest Anthony

Excellent! I had horrible acne only on my forehead and this soap has cleared up my skin in about one week. Almost all whiteheads are gone. I no longer have cystic acne, etc. It is truly great. Smells horrible, but you get use to it overtime. Thankfully I have insurance and it pays a good portion of the price. However, if I didn't I would still get this product. I use this in conjunction with Differin (just on the forehead area) and use La Roche-Posay's Rosaliac moisturizer, which eliminates all the red in my face. Great combo for those who have moderate acne.

Comments

Foams up really well(soak your face), Fairly quick to heal acne Smell I think this is one of the best products i have used.it took about 2 weeks for my moderatly severe acne to,for the most, part clear up.

Popular Topical