Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit Reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit

Dueces acne ✌

It has really worked well for my face. I have tried sooo many products that did not work for me until this one. It requires some patience though. The results will be worth the wait. My skin is so clear right now with no bumps at all. Only like two dried out pimples. It took 6-8weeks to completely clear my face. The first week I experienced a lot of drying and also it used to sting when I put it on my face. After my skin got used to the medication, it stopped stinging. In the second or third week pimples will surface on your skin. This is so as to bring all the pimples to the surface before clearing them. In week 5you will notice a huge difference. Just be patient and give it a try. I am much more happy and confident.

Dry skin and acne

I tried to use this all together but it really irritated my face and dried it out A LOT. I even tried building up a tolerance to each step and still too drying even with a ton of moisturizer. Now I'm only using the wash with a different moisturizer at night and just feel I'm stuck in a rut. I've battled acne for years and every treatment I've tried has been too drying on my skin. Any recommendations?

Comments

May work for others but not for me

I think this product is for people who have a lot of acne. I have pimples that come and I cant seem to get rid of them, after trying this product it only made it worse, first it dried out my skin and second I had a bad reaction to it so it made my eyelids bright red and dried them out.. It may work for other people but deffs not for me.. I'm also not very sure about the ingredients in this product..

Waste of time and money

None Makes acne worse!!! Dries skin and causes peeling. Does NOT work!!! Been using this product for about 2 weeks and now my acne is much much worse! I'm 33 and have had acne since I was a teenager. I've tried everything, trust me. This is by far the worst my skin has ever been. Now I have huge, painful pimples in places I've never had pimples. I'm so frustrated with this! I don't recommend this product at all. I think I will go back to proactiv.

Guest Leah
Guest Leah

Clears up some acne Harsh; dries skin very severely Good if you have REALLY bad acne. For those of us who have less, it really dries out skin and doesn't help too much. Also, the facial wash smells so sulfuric and bad it makes you REALLY gag.

Comments

better and cheaper than proactiv kept my acne from getting a lot worse but didn't help ever really get rid of it. After a disasterous time with proactiv I used this and it worked better and made it so i didnt have huge painful pimples but im still on the hunt for something that will get rid of all the smaller ones I still constantly get.

Guest Rachel
Guest Rachel

Quickly heals blemishes, reduces redness, prevents acne. Rendered useless right around "that time of the month," and occasionally leaves my face feeling dry. Doesn't necessarily reduces oil in the T-Zone I love this product line! Clean & Clean (specifically, the Advantage Kit) is the only 3-step kit that has ever made a positive impact on my acne. I've had acne since middle school, and am now in the middle of my third year in college. I've tried Proactive, Nuetrogena, Stridex, Zapyt, Biore, Aveeno, Clearasil, AcneFree, and even did two cycles of Accutane. The bottom line is: It seems that every product or kit out there has either made my acne worse or stopped working after a week or two. The exception to the rule is Clean & Clear Acne Advantage Kit, which has reduced my acne to one or two occasional pimples around my right temple (thanks, bangs) and jaw line (thanks, hair). I've tried the other, more expensive Mark Eraser kit that Clean & Clear sells, but it doesn't have the same effective results that this kit has given me since freshman year. I also use Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser as an oil an makeup remover, before washing my face with the Clean & Clear cleanser ("step 1") and the other products in this kit.

Guest Keli
Guest Keli

Gets rid of small red bumps fast Gets rid of redness Shortens time you have huge bumps Doesn't prevent new acne from appearing The spot treatment was good, but can't be used all by itself. I still use it from time to time and it helps, but my skin still sucks. As a whole, the system helps get rid of acne. Although, like everything else I have used (Proactiv & Skin ID) it gets rid of what you have, but doesn't stop new zits from coming. So essentially you solve the old problems and replace them with the new ones. This is at least what happened when i used it.

Guest Ali
Guest Ali

smells good worked at first but then suddenly stopped. then started slightly irritating skin and got gradually worse until it burned to put on. all of my acne came back. this stuff absolutely sucks. this stuff is horrible and painful. dont waste your money. im switching back to proactiv. it works so much better and keeps my skin so soft and clear and doesnt hurt at all.

Comments

-decreases pimple size -clears chest acne -decreases redness -feels tingly -smells good -hasn't cleared up all acne yet This product feels great and started working for me the next day. I am a little weary because of the reviews saying that it works for the first week and then stops, but I think it depends on your skin type. I find that I have very tough skin, so the drying aspect of the product doesn't affect me. The biggest pro is that my chest acne (which was very light, but a big concern of mine) is completely gone after 2 days!

Comments

-cleared some acne -the moisturizer made my face really soft. people were telling me how soft my face was and why was it so soft -didnt clear up all the acne -stinged i only used it for 8th grade then stopped because it ran out. im in love with the moisturizer now

Guest Amanda
Guest Amanda

improved skin for about the first week didn't help acne at all I 100% agree with a lot of the reviews of this product saying it improved their skin the first week and then had diminished results. I was really disappointed and had absolutely no success with this product. My acne I think is actually worse after using these products and I was very faithful in using them for a long time.

Comments

Reduces whitehead size Eliminates blackheads Reduces redness Fades overall acne Cheap Drys skin a lot I'm currently using this product, and I'm starting to like it a lot! However, it drys my skin out a lot, so I use it every other night. I only payed 20 dollars for it, and I think its worth it! I haven't used it on my back and chest acne, because I'm afraid I'll get way over dried since I'm most sensitive there. Overall, pretty effective product!

Comments

i love the spot treatment, it works well with chest acne and the moisturizer doesnt make me too oily it worked for about 2 days. but then my skin got worse. but i kept using it since your pimples sometimes get worse before they get better. but they didnt really get better...

Comments

Leaves the skin feeling clean and soft Starts working on the 2-3rd day of use :) Smells really nice :D If it's not being used consistently it doesn't work properly and the skin will break out. I started to use this product because I was beginning to get fed up with teenage skin! I have been suffering with it since I was 10 and I'm now 16! I had a massive break out of spots on my cheek and every other product that I had used cause the spots to get dry skin on the whole on my right cheek (which has now left me with a little scar in my dimple) I bought this product after reading many good reviews and they were proved right after about a week :D I use the cleanser and moisturizer in the morning and evening and my skin is now perfect. I would recommend using it twice a day, because then it'll really work :D

Comments

-Makes skin smooth -Controls Redness -Decreases pimple amount and size -Smells nice:D -Gives skin nice healthy glow -Evens skin tone -Drying if you don't use properly -Doesn't work for everyone -Moisturizer doesen't last long -They exagerate their statements(e.g. 100% of people had clearer skin in one day) -Dosent get rid of blackheads This worked pretty well for me. The first time I tried it, I saw great results the next morning. But after around a week my skin was drying out like crazy!!!! The cleanser is very strong. Its 10%BP and the .5% Salicylic acid moisturizer was not enough to keep my skin in control. So I stopped using the BP cleanser and used something else. The spot treatment stops working after around a week. So about that time I was only using the moisturizer (Which I LOVE) The moisturizer doesnt feel oily on my skin and it really helps acne while keeping your skin moisturized . I recently came back to this routine and my skin has been looking great. For the best results you need to combine different products. my routine is: AM: -Wash with BP cleanser -Moisturize with Clean and clear moisturizer and then with clean and clear morning glow SPF 15. PM: -Wash with BP cleanser -Exfoliate with sugar and Olive Oil (3-5x a week) -Moisturize with clean and clear cleanser. -Moisturize again with Tarocco natural moisturizer that contains orange extracts and olive oil. As you see I need to moisturize alot to keep my skin from drying out. And yet my skin is still slightly flaky. I would not recommend using the cleanser if you have sensitive skin.

-25

face felt clean & fresh afterwards dried out skin! very harsh on skin i've been using this for a month but it dried out my face really bad. i usually have dry skin because it is cold where i live so i always have to use a moisturizer afterwards. i decided that this product was too harsh because step 1 was 10% BP! plus all the other chemicals in step 2/3. so, i did some research and switched face washes to a 100% natural burts bee acne solution face wash! i did some research and thought it wouldnt hurt to try something new and different! i've used acnefree, clean & clear kit, neutrogena products, proactiv, etc etc and they all worked the same. i am also prescribed clindamycin phosphate gel usp, 1% (but am going to the dermatologist soon to get prescribed something stronger) i have light - moderate acne, with dry skin.

Popular Over-the-counter treatments