Cinnamon Reviews

Cinnamon

DO NOT LEAVE ON FOR TOO LONG!!

I've used this mask before and it was okay.. didn't see any shocking results. I do agree that it burns at first and makes your face red but usually goes away pretty easily. Well I decided to give this mask another shot since my acne has been getting pretty bad. I decided to leave the mask on for like an hour or longer.. don't do this! I don't know if it was just my skin being sensitive or what but my face was extremely red when I took the mask off, but I just assumed it would go away when I woke up the next morning like it always had...was I wrong! The redness had increased and my face hurt! It got progressively worse throughout the day and by the end of the day, I realized I had a rash all over my face, or just the parts where I put the mask. The rash itched and my face became swollen and puffy and so extremely red! It's day two of the rash as I'm typing this but I just started putting cortisone cream on it hoping it might work. Moral of the story: don't leave your mask on for too long!!!!!

Actually works..

The trick to this mask is patch testing it, DO NOT PUT ON YOUR WHOLE FACE if you've never tried it before. You want to make sure that you put a small amount on your cheek FIRST because everyone's skin reacts differently. Another thing is that cinnamon will burn on any skin at first, it takes about 10 minutes for the burning sensation to go away, your skin will get red under the mask but it will go away eventually revealing soft skin. Lastly, this actually works. I have mild acne + acne scars + sensitive skin that breaks out from just breathing.... I used it for the first time last night. I saw some of the acne bumps had already gotten smaller and my skin is not red. I mixed half tablespoon of ground cinnamon and squeezed lemon juice enough to make a paste. I left it on overnight as a spot treatment on the affected areas. You have to be careful when trying new products on your skin, always patch test and most importantly, BE PATIENT :)

Comments

Cinnamon will burn your face. Be advised.

Please be aware of cinnamon. I applied it to my face and within 5 seconds it burned my face. I washed it off and my face was burned. Cinnamon will chemically burn you and leave marks. I immediately applied aloe Vera and Manuka honey consistently to help reduce the redness. If you choose to apply cinnamon just be advised that it is a strong chemical reaction and apply a little bit. Less than a teaspoon. Don't add tablespoons that is way too much.

It burns for a couple minutes but that's natural. That's what's supposed to happen. You're not supposed to wash it off as soon as you put it on. It will burn even more.

Rip

The first review I wrote failed to post, so here is an incredibly short one. This mask killed both my skin and my pride.

It is not always the same for all people. If it killed that for you then it's your problems for not testing it on a small area first.

LOVEEEEE💜

I've just started this mask Wednesday and I used 1 Raw egg and a lot of cinnamon. I have acne marks on my face and this mask definitely helped !! It's Friday and majority of my spots have faded dramatically no bs lol. I'm 20 yrs old & I'm light brown and acne spots are very visible bc of my skintone. This mask is magic !!! I use in the morning and before I go to bed for 1 hour. Not for sensitive skin.. will burn for like 4 mins but it wares off and your skin will be tf poppinn! 😂😊 Also I wear makeup so I clean& wash my face before I use the mask.

Amazing

I have horrible cheek acne and just recently I started breaking out on my face. I found this mask online and for the first time I sued it, it burned like hell. I had a fan on my face to keep me from roasting alive internally. I have tons of scars on both of my cheeks as well. After I took the mask off (I had it on for 2 hours) my skin was GLOWING! Sure my face hurt like a female dog, but the results were worth it! I have been using this mask for a week and my skin has remarkably improved. I don't think this mask is much help to people with sensitive skin, but with people who believe in "no pain no gain" or "beauty is pain" this mask is made for you.

HORRIBLE

This face mask was horrible! I tried it on Monday, it is now Wednesday night as I'm writing this. I thought the burning was helping my ski but when I took it off, I got little bumps ALL OVER my face, it's completely red, and the skin is peeling off. THE EFFECTS STILL HAVENT GONE AWAY!!!! I'm suffering and I have no idea what to do! Somebody help me!

From now on for sensitive skin try turmeric, milk, and honey it will help you a lot. I had cystic acne but then I got completely clear just by constantly doing this everyday for 30 minutes for 6 months. Yes, it takes time but it lasts forever! It's been 6 months and I haven't gotten a single blemish on my skin. Also u can use this mask to get rid of arm hair and upper lip hair! This is an ancient Indian treatment so you give it a try for at least 2 months
Cinnamon will burn the skin. Apply aloe Vera and Manuka honey immediately. Of you choose to apply cinnamon again, add a little bit. Don't over exceed with cinnamon.

HORRIBLE

I tried a face mask that included cinnamon ( 1 raw egg and 2 table spoons of cinnamon) , in the beginning it burned a little but the youtube video said that it was normal so i ignored it. But when i washed it of MY HOLE FACE WAS RED AND IT WAS BURNING. For some people this remedie may work but before you try it make sure that you do a patch test on your face.

what did you do to reduce the redness??? i did the exact same thing...

Great if you have endurance

Most people on here only leave bad reviews because of the first minutes where it feels like its burning your face. YES it will hurt a lot for like 4 minutes but it's totally bearable. Remember beauty is pain guys. After a few minutes have passed by your skin will feel fresh. DONT remove it when u apply it. Just wait and suck it up it'll be over i promise. After youve left the mask on for 30 mins to an 1 hour and you remove it you will see how bright your skin is. And after a few uses it really does help with acne:)

Can you leave it overnight?
Laurennirene

Absolutely horrible

I was just innocently looking online for DIY scrubs and f course i came across a honey, yogurt, cinnamon rub that i thought would be perfect. WRONG! The diy said to keep it on for 10 minutes but after 2 it was burning like crazy! my face got red and patchy. Currently its been about 15 minutes and the redness has slowly went down but i have been rubbing ice (put a bag over the ice) over my face i wish i never did this mask and just know, please try to use as little cinnamon as possible because it is a spice, and it will burn your face

Comments

Not for the faint of heart

I found this little mask on my beloved Internet. Many reviews said it made their skin burn,I brushed it of thinking that they were just whiney and thin skinned. Oh how wrong I was. After 2 minutes the burning was so bad I washed it all off but it KEPT ON BURNING for a good 15 minutes I was in agony. But the next morning my zits had reduced a lot. You might use this to spot treat if you are very,very brave.

Ouch!

Ive been using cinnamon in my face masks for about a year now, but only a little. Today I used half a tea spoon and I felt my face start to burn as soon as I put it on, I assumed it was just working its magic. I was wrong. After a few minutes I couldn't stand the burning and washed it off. My face was left red, patchy and painful. It was burnt! Never using it on my skin again!

Comments

My own cinnmon wonder mask-for sensitive/acne prone/combination skin

Acne and that too huge cystic ones can wreak an havoc on your confidence. I have done a lot of research on alternate therapies and with many trial and errors discovered this mask. I used it regularly AM and PM for 30 min each. Start with 5 min and gradually increase the duration to avoid burning of skin. Sharing this with a hope that others benefit 1 tsp -Cinnamon powder ( organic) 1 tsp- Nutmeg (organic) 2 tsp- Honey 5-10 drops- Tea tree/lavender ( which ever suits your skin) 1/2 tsp- Turmeric 1/2 tsp aloe vera ( subsitute with youghurt sometimes) This can be stored upto a week . Try it out as a patch first. Go ahead and let me know if it works.

cinnamon peeled my skin

I was really into the DIY facial mask. I loved yoghurt mix with turmeric. One day I decided to do 1/2 tbs cinnamon+1 tbs yoghurt+ 1tbs honey mixture. As I applied on my face, it stung immediately and I thought the mixture is doing its job but after a minute or two I couldnt stand the pain and washed it off immediately. My face had a patchy redness. The next day my skin peeled around my mouth area especially near the laughing lines. Im slowly recovering from it after applying extra virgin olive oil mix with pure vitamin E oil. Next time, I'll use a pinch of the cinnamon if I want to do any DIY facial..

HELP

THIS IS THE WORST EVER!!! I put it on and when i took it off my skins was so soft but soon after i got small pimples all over my face!!! i only used it for 3 small pimples on my chin and forehead and now i have these small red dots all over my cheecks forehead and chin!!! it itches and they arnt going away!! i have no idea what to do and i need suggestions please this is absolutely terrible!!

PLEASE HELP! The same thing has happened to me I did the mask a couple days ago and it was fine after then later that night I broke out in small bumps that look like acne all OVER MY FACE!! How did you fix this is there a cure?? Please write back
Probably allergic to it.

Amazing

This face mask has done wonders on my skin! I make the paste like 1 part cinnamon and 2 parts honey and heat it for 2-3 seconds on microwave and apply it. I leave it on for 10-15 minutes. It reduced the size of my cystic pimples. Guys if you have really stubborn cystic pimples try this. I guarantee you, You will see results in the very first week. Yes, it stings and causes redness but that is temporary. Make sure you use natural cinnamon. All the best!

Comments

Only wise people will read this

Cinnamon and honey face masks aren't exactly popular due to many factors. The most common reasons that it is probably not gonna work is cuz either the cinnamon powder is not natural or ur making the mask wrong. Watch this video (even though majority will skip this important step) .............. Done watching! Follow all the instructions they gave you and apply Vaseline on affected areas of face and leave overnight. I now pronounce u to enter clear skin world! Enjoy ur stay...

Cinnamon and honey mask

i used this mask with honey . I only kept it for 3 minutes as it was quite stingy. Now my face is all red and even after two days its still pricky. I wont suggest this mask for people with sensitive skin. I am applying aloe vera on my face but this redness aint coming down :-(

Hasn't work for me! :/

I used to have a great skin but for a few months now I have been acne prone. After researching a lot about acne I found out that honey and cinnamon really helps I tried it on once (1/2 tbsp cinnamon w/ 2 tbsp honey) for 30-35 mins but nothing happened. Now my face is just red. :( If there is any other remedy please let me know.

This happened to me the first few times i tried this mask as well. The cinnamon is an antibacterial and can be harsh on skin. After applying this mask try putting green tea leaves on your reddest areas. Green tea is an anti inflammatory and will hopefully make the redness go away.

Cinnamon is for your coffee, not for your face

Helps acne brightens skin can burn skin causes dermatitis allergic reaction + irritation likely Cinnamon works as a chemical exfoliant so it does have a positive effect on acne, however it is merely an unstable, ineffective and more unpredictable alternative to Glycolic Acid. Used cinnamon mask once and had an allergic reaction and chemical burn from it. Took a week to heal. Would advice avoiding this and use a well formulated chemical exfoliant for better results and less danger.

Popular Household/Natural