Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

A bit too thick for the face

10 years ago when I was 14 my dermatologist recommended I use this for a hydrating lotion to accompany my Aczone and Differin 0.3%. I used it until I was 20 and I'm not sure why I ever changed! This was before the blue to green bottle change. They've changed the formula and added face and body moisturizers. Unbeknownst to me, I grabbed the body hydrating cream. This stuff is magic, but might be a bit too thick now for my poor face. I have severe dryness from changing skin products and this is my miracle. I do notice clogged pores, but am not sure if it's from other products to try and restore hydration. I'm going to have to try the face hydrating cream or lotion, but Cetaphil had always been my go to during the most hormonal periods of my life.

Better for body

I’ve been using this along with the regimen for about 2 months, but I’ve still been getting clogged pores on my face. I realised that this moisturiser isn’t non-comodogenic, and it’s whats been clogging my pores. It has been good for the dryness of the regimen, but if it’s going to clog pores then what’s the point? Make sure your moisturiser is non-comodogenic, guys!!

User613823

Naaaaah

Not for breakouts, IMO. Even when I had super dry tretinoin skin, this stuff made everything worse, I became a closed comedone city and am still recovering lol. Avoid if you are prone to clogged pores! May be alright with extremely dry skinned-people who have more cystic stuff.

Comments

Great nighttime moisturizer for dry skin

This is a really gentle, effective moisturizer for night time use. I would NOT recommend using during the day in most circumstances. It is a CREAM moisturizer, very thick and will leave a greasy look to your face.

Good with time

I like this cream. At first it causes breakouts and a stringing sensation but I think it's because my skin was dry at the time. This cream is acidic and close to the skin's natural ph which benifits skin with acne overtime. This will restore your acid mantle over time with nighttime use, one a night. Use this with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and use no water as instructed on the bottle. If creams bother you, just use the Cleanser. Read my review on the Cleanser.

Comments

A must have on my regimen

I initially didn't like this product as I thought the consistency was way too thick for regular applications. Turns out this is the only moisturizer that's strong enough to counter my flaking due to the use of BP. I now use this every night as a vital part of my regimen. I love my BP but it can really dry out my skin. This product makes sure that doesn't happen.

This moisturizer is the BEST

This is the only facial moisturizer I trust. Even though it's a cream, it goes on thin enough that it doesn't clog your pores or leave your face feeling oily or greasy. The thing to remember with this moisturizer is that less is more! I only use total two pea sized amounts each time I use it and that's enough for my entire face.

Comments

Gets rid of flakiness and dryness

At first, I didn't like this product as it didn't help with my flakiness and was burning my skin after I had used BP. To get rid of the flakiness the only thing that worked for me was Lush "oatifix" which Is a very moisturising face mask that also helps with acne so if you are suffering from dry skin and flakes, please try that out as it worked for me. Anyway, this product is a great product for when I still get some dry skin and flakiness on my face after a facial treatment. Yes, this product doesn't really sink into your skin quickly so I suggest putting it on at night. Also, it works best after you have just had a shower and your face is still wet, slather some of this on and in the morning your face is so soft, moisturised and all flakes and dry skin is gone, trust me. I put on a very generous amount and it doesn't break me out or irritate me. It is very soothing to my skin after I had popped a few pimples as it calms it down. I would definetely recommend this product, and make sure you use it right because some people don't use it the right way which causes them not to like it. This is the only moisturiser that helps my dry skin. So please put a generous amount on after a shower while your face is still wet. :) hope this helps anyone.

Made me break out

The stuff is like as thick as body lotion and it does moisturize well but it made my acne worse. I used it for 3 months, I was on birth control that gave me horrible acne (I had mainly clear skin before the birth control) and I thought cetaphil would help calm the breakouts- but it didn't. I eventually quit the birth control and my skin got way better but I was still having breakouts. So I quit this and after I quit using it my skin got even better. It's still not back to normal but eliminating this has helped a lot.

Not for me...

I decided to try this last night as an alternative for acne.org/dan's moisturizer. So after applying dan's bp and letting it dry for 15 minutes, I gently slathered the cetaphi. cream on my face. First thought, it felt too greasy and uncomfortable on my face and after about 1 minute, I felt my face burning. At first I thought it was normal since that's what would always happen every-time I apply dan's moisturizer. But 30 minutes has passed... my face is still burning 2 hours has passed.... and i think the burning feeling has increased so I told myself okay this is enough. I had to wash it off from my face because I couldn't stand the pain and burning feeling it gave me. Now I woke up and has 3 new pimples on my face :< I'd give it a 5 star as a moisturizer for my body as this has helped me moisturized my dry skin but a 2 star as a moisturizer for my face. it's great for my body but for my face just no.

Comments

There's a trick to using this, read.

BEST EVER! I bought the generic version from Target and walmart - both good. Pat/Tap onto your face, don't rub or smear on to your face. Put a big gob in your palm, rub both hands together and tap tap tap pat pat all over your face that was treated with benzoly P. Works great, not oily and keeps skin from ever flaking. I only use the regimens benzoyl P and this. Had pretty bad acne for years until finally using this and neutrogena bar soap. 3 steps that really work.

Superb Moisturizer!

I have been using the Acne.org Regimen for about a year now and I probably use lesser dosages than most people. (If I stop using the BP, the pimples come back :() However, my skin never ever fully adjusted to the BP and flakes were always there. I've tried so many different moisturizers but nothing really worked even when used with my AHA. I felt like I was just putting globs of lotion that wouldn't even smear in well. I knew about this product but I was doubtful of its effectiveness because I felt that its viscosity would be too thick for facial use. Ultimately, I got fed up with my dry skin and tried this out. OMG. Even by nightly use, my flakes were gone. I also feel like my face stays remarkably clearer with this because I can be more generous with the BP without the fear of getting dryness. Anyone struggling with dry skin from the regimen MUST MUST MUST use this! NO BREAKOUTS WHATSOEVER

Like Body Butter

The texture of this product reminds me of a slightly fluffier body butter from The Body Shop. But, it's without all the scents and irritants and is completely non-comedogenic. I use this moisturizer as a body lotion. A little goes a long way and the tub it comes in is gigantic, so it will last a very long time. Only use this on your face if it is extremely dry, or if you are using it to spot treat on extremely dry areas, like around your nose.

Comments

Using cetaphil moisturizer after apply BP

Hello! I'm new to the Regimen and have just begun using benzoyl peroxide this week. After washing my face at night, i allow my skin to dry, then apply benzoyl peroxide. After about 15 min, I use Cetaphil moisturizing cream. I expect my dry skin to feel relieved from the cream, but gradually the burning and itching sensation increases. It is really difficult not to rub or scratch my skin when this happens. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the cetaphil cream? I was wondering if maybe it reacted with the BP

Please don't blindly follow what they say in the paper guide. If you want to be safe just use a little bit more than a pea size of BP. I did follow the instruction from the paper from pea size to one finger length on the second week. It make my face burn and I got really bad blister. So I stopped using the BP for about 1 week only it heal back. Now I using just a little bit more than pea size. It's normal for you to feel itchy when you use BP. We all facing this problem also. Fight for it!

Very moisturising

This moisturiser is very thick and yes it will take some time to get used to. I would recommend this to everyone to try since there isn't any ingredients that are unhealthy for your skin. It is a very simple moisturiser and is especially good when you have a very dry skin.

Fantastic if applied correctly

Compared to the Regimen's moisturizer, this one provided better results. That being said, the Cetaphil cream will take some time getting used to. Because the product is extremely thick, you will have to carefully apply in small dosages around the face, perhaps even using a paper towel to clean any residue. Once everything has been applied properly, you will most likely not have to worry about dryness or flakes. In fact, I never feel the need to apply more than once a day. If you are one who is looking to completely eradicate flakes, give this product a try.

Worst than poison

Last week my skin started to get irritated, red, itchy, and I could not figure out what is cause it, I used this moisturizing cream for 4 months, but a week ago it turned evil on me. I suffered a lot of pain until I figured out it was Cetaphil, my skin was falling apart. I'm never buying anything from Cetahil again.

Very very oily look

non irritant non comedogenic smooth very soft ! baby smooth skin your face will look oily could be a little too thick for hot climates I would recommend this product for some one who has flaky or dry skin and the usage for winter and fall climates because when the weather becomes hot this moisturizer might clog pores, due to the cetaphil,sweat and oil from your face.This product moisturized my face very well! but i look very greasy so i think ima use this only at night only. HERE'S A TIP !:) when applying the cream to your face dont rub it in, lightly pat the cream on so that it will blend in well and your face will look less oily.

Caused major irritation

After Accutane treatment, I tried this several times. Every time I used it for a week, my skin would get red and irritated, and small red bumps would appear on my face. I would get annoyed, thinking the Accutane had failed. Then I would stop the Cetaphil and my skin would clear up. But then my skin would get dry again and I reached for the Cetaphil. Finally I stopped using Cetaphil completely, and my skin is now completely clear. Some ingredient in this just did not agree with my skin, and I won't use it again.

im having the same problem, what did you use as an alternative ? im having trouble finding one that works for me.

WOW! Why did I stop using this??

Recently, these dry months really got me! All over my face, elbows, and hands. For my face, I was using Clean & Clear face moisturizer. Boy, I don't know what I was thinking when I thought that stuff worked! Ha! Cetaphil has been great. I use it on my face and anywhere dryness occurs -- BAM! -- moisturizer! It does not give me break-outs and I HIGHLY reccomend it to all!

For Body, not the face

fragrance free non comedeogenic doesn't glide makes face shiny This cream is creamy like yogurt. When rubbing on body skin, it doesn't spread smoothly as it seems to disappear really fast. Lotions ALWAYS feel much better when applied to the skin as it can glide on the surface and can be spread to different areas of the body. This product requires a "scoop" of the hand which is a waste of product in my opinion, in order to have adequate lubrication to glide over the skin. When applied on the face it is SHINY and make your face appear oily. I can't say it has given me breakouts, but I am in search of something else for the FACE.

GREATEST THING

Moisturizes Doesn't Smell Doesn't Break Me Out None This stuff is the bomb. I live in a really dry place and I literally bathe my skin in this morning and night. It helps keep my skin moist and never breaks me out. Also it doesn't smell bad and the tub lasts like a million years. All in all, everyone and their mother should use this product.

Popular Dry/Sensitive