Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer, SPF 30 Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer, SPF 30

Awful

Dermotogists recommend this all the time for people on acutane. If you wanna clog your pores & breakout use this. Stay far away. I use the rest of the bottle I have on neck & shoulders if I’m out at the beach. I wish I could give it 0 stars.

Amazing over benzoyl peroxide

I use this moisturizer over benzoyl peroxide and it works like a charm. I have not experienced any breakouts, and suggest adding a few drops of Argan or Jojoba oil to add extra moisture. I stay in a relatively high uva/uvb climate and since dermacontrol is broad spectrum it helps. I would recommens this to anyone suffering from acne and the sun conscious.

Made me break out!

Was so excited to try! On the packaging it says that it controls oil, has SPF, doesn't clog pores, basically perfect for someone like me! But when I applied it, it LITERALLY JUST FEELS LIKE SUNSCREEN ON UR SKIN... felt greasy, made my skin sting and it made my skin look oily too soooo.... and after a while I noticed that i've started breaking out... thought it was this other moisturizer, so i stopped using that one, and kept using this... still breaking out ... sooooo, I do not recommend this

Horrid Dry Skin

I used this as part of my routine following the wash that is supposed to go with it. When put on felt nice but after barely 10 minutes of it being on my face it would feel oily and tight, if i would take my hand and rub my face with it still on, it left a nasty film that would flake off onto my hands, gross. If I left it on more then 30 minutes and then washed it off, after a day or so my skin would get terrible dry patches from it. As well as that it overall did nothing to help my breakouts and just made my face feel disgusting.

Comments

Was so good for the first few days!

I love how this stuff feels, and it does control oil for me. The only downside is it makes me break out. I got lots of whiteheads after using this for a while and I was so disappointed. I love Cetaphil products but this was a big let down.

I'll pass

I was using this moisturizer along with Cetaphil's DermaControl forming cleanser. I was iffy with this moisturizer and would use it off and on. I wasn't moisturizing my face for the a while and my face got bone dry. I decided to give this moisturizer a chance and use it daily. Well later on in found out it was the cause of my break outs at the time. I cut the moisturizer out and my break outs did decrease. Moisturizers are a hit or miss for me and are mainly misses.. so I'm still on the hunt for a good one for my acne/oily skin. But this one is for sure not for me.

increased breakouts

It took me way too long to figure out this product was aggravating my breakouts instead of helping. I assumed because it was for acne prone skin, I would see improvement, so I kept using it. Finally I stopped and started using plain old olive oil as my moisturizer at night. My face started clearing. It did not clear completely until 2-3 weeks later when I stopped using the Dermacontrol Face Wash too. Constant breakouts like this did not happen with the regular Cetaphil, so I will go back to it or perhaps try the Trader Joe's equivalent. There is some ingredient in the Dermacontrol line that my skin reacts poorly to. I'm sure for most people this product works great, but like most products, there is a subset of people for whom it does not work. I wish I was in the 'works great' group!

This caused breakouts for me as well. After a couple of days small itchy bumps spread ALL over my face. I am part of that small subset, the one where everything that's supposed to help and works for most does nothing at all and/or goes horribly wrong.

meh.

For the first week I thought it was great, and for some people it might work but for me, it clogged my pores and I saw acne evolving again. Especially because after research I found out that this is a chemical sunscreen, not physical so yeah. It caused acne for me, luckily immediately after I found out I didn't use it anymore, so not much damage was made.

Doesn't cause new breakouts

It is hell trying to find an SPF when you are acne prone. I purchased this on a whim and it seems to working well (and by well, I mean causing no NEW breakouts). I don't think it does much in the "oil control" department, but it doesn't contribute to making it worse. Overall, I'd say it's a safe bet if you are looking for something that isn't going to cause any new acne but will also provide SPF. If I could find something better, I'd happily change though.

Comments

Don't hate it, don't love it.

This is a decent product but I would replace it in an instant if I found something better. I like that it has 30 SPF and doesn't leave my face white but this moisturizer does absolutely nothing for my oil. For now this moisturizer will do but I won't miss it when I find something better.

Ehhh...

The product surely feels refreshing when applied, but it also somewhat stings and leaves this oily whiteish finish which I have to rub off. I use it morning and night and it kinda ends up leaving a glowy but more oily kind of look to my face. I currently suffer from Urticaria (chronic hives) around my mouth. The product contains avobenzone which is an Urticaria trigger. I barely have acne so I might change to the Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer SPF 15.

Comments

My skin is still oily, no oil control

This feels tacky after applied and doesn't not settle down to a matte finish for me. It looks shiny on my face and a bit later, my face is greasy again. It's not entirely bad. I'm going to use it up, but, I don't think I would repurchase this is my skin is still at it's oily state. I'm on a skin sun sensitizing antibiotic as well and it's kept me free of sunburn or irritation so far.

Good for now!

I really like this as my morning moisturizer! It's very light and not greasy and absorbs really fast with a matte finish. I am on doxycycline hyclate (antibiotic) and it makes your skin sensitive to the sun so I really like that it has spf 30 in it! I use the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser then I apply my Aczone gel, and finish with this. It does seem to control oil too! I will update this review if anything changes

Great product

I've used this for years. I stopped using it when I first started the acne.org regimen to make sure I didn't mess up the system, and now that my skin has been consistently clean, I've added the Cetaphil as the last step in my morning routine. Wash, treat, moisturize, then the Cetaphil on top. I'm very fair skinned, so an SPF 30 is a must.

Perfect for morning use

I use it every morning after washing my face. It's gentle and non-greasy which is a huge plus. I have noticed a decrease in my oil production but I think any moisturizer would do that. This stuff is way better than the aveeno spf moisturizer I was previously using.

My only SPF, really.

moisturizes very well works well with bp does help control oil fairly pricey I've been using this a long time after trying several other moisturizers and it is by far my favorite SPF since I started on the regimen years ago. Mind you, I do only use BP once a day rather than twice, and that at night, but still, this moisturizer is super. It feels really great and moisturizes perfectly. And it really does help control oil very well. I have combination skin and the oily bits are VERY oily. So I imagine if it can control my oil at all, it'll work for just about anyone. It also wears very well under makeup. The only thing that is a bit irksome is that it's fairly expensive, considering. However, I really only use it on days that I'm going out in the sun, otherwise I use CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion which is fantastically cheap. If I were to use it every day I imagine it would get kinda expensive after a while.

Comments

My favourite daytime sunscreen/moisturiser!!

Really great for normal-dry skin! I would recommend to people with oily skin, i'd say give it a go because it is a really good moisturiser & spf all in one. Does not irritate if used with BP! It may be a tiny bit greasy for overly oily skin? I have literally put all my other SPF's to the BACK of my cupboard since using this amazing product! I love to use a SPF during the day because I find my skin gets sunburn sooo easily between my UV fluorescent lights in the house and sunlight coming in. Also from being outside doing daily activities. I mix this with 2-3 drops of jojoba oi and gently rub it on everyday and it never balls up on me either. I seriously recommend this to people using BP, also if you aren't this is a really good product!

Moisturizes Well!

SPF 30 Not Greasy Keeps Away Excess Oil This moisturizer gets the job done! It really has made my skin softer, while keeping excess oil away. The good thing about this moisturizer is it has SPF 30 in it which is beneficial of you're going to be out in the sun for a while. I use this moisturizer on my face whenever I know I'm going to be out for a while. Most sunscreens feel greasy on my skin, but this one has been amazing. I highly recommend this to people with acne-prone skin, and oily skin!

Comments

DIdn't see much oil control

Some Oil Control Easy to apply Fragrance Break outs Not enough oil control I'm an asian male and bought this because I have an oily complexion. After using a for a couple of weeks I didn't notice much control in oil. I also started breaking out so I had to stop using it. It is not fragrance free which I prefer. Currently the Olay moisturizer seems to work the best and I would recommend that one.

I too, did not see much oil control. I can't seem to detect any fragrance nor does the ingredient list say any "parfum".

Not drying Rids excess oil Nice consistency I really do like this moisturizer. It sort of reminds me of the Olay sensitive skin moisturizer with SPF. I like that it has SPF in it, but the consistency of the product is good, though I'm not sure that it feels as well later on during the day. It doesn't feel thick or anything, like some products containing SPF seem to do. I use this, as well as the foaming cleanser. I feel as if they do a good job of ridding excess oil, without being too drying - which is definitely a plus! I have been testing products in different ways, and have noticed that my makeup seems to look as if it is separating in some places - I haven't been able to tell whether this is because of the moisturizer.. hopefully it is because of something else.

Comments

This moisturizer is the best!!!! I use benzoyl peroxide every morning And on top I use this moisturizer and it leaves my face so nice , refresh and not dry at all. If u use benzoyl peroxide i highly recommend this product!!!!! Could be a little greasy if you don't put benzoyl peroxide first.

Popular With SPF