Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Burt's Bees

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser

Worked for a while

This helped my breakouts when I first started to use it, but after about a month my skin went back to breaking out. My skin has this same reaction to most cleansers, so it might work great for someone else.

Comments

Have hope in this cleanser. Gentle low percentage of salicylic acid (1%)

I believe and have hope in this cleanser because its a low percentage of salicylic acid (1%) and since it comes from a natural source (willow bark). I don't believe this cleanser has any irritating ingredients so thats a plus. If you have mild to severe acne I doubt this cleanser by itself will clear up your acne but I believe if you combine it with the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment the use of these two should work well in fighting acne. I've been using this cleanser and I stick to a strict regiment just like acne.org suggest: Washing my face gently twice a day (morning & night), using the benzoyl peroxide treatment (after my morning & night cleanse), and ALWAYS moisturizing with a non pore clogging moisturizer. I also take the vitamins acne.org suggest: zinc, vitamin a, vitamin d3 (search for the vitamins article here on acne.org and read the whole article so you know what you're doing). So far doing this regiment daily strictly has helped me stay 90% acne clear. I will once in a while get a pimple or a zit but applying a coat of benzoyl peroxide on it over night or throughout the day helps in getting rid of it.

Guest emily
Guest emily

all natural doesnt work this didn't work for me when i tried it years ago. Now i am using burts bee's sensitive skin cleanser. it does wonders for my acne. it is not an acne cleanser, but all u need is something tht isnt harsh tht will get rid of impurities. i saw a review where a boy said he used all natural facewash etc and his acne went away. he said another man reccomended it to him. so now i reccomend it to you, because it works, eat healthy, use a facewash tht isnt for acne but natural, and drink lots of water. the sensitive facewash from burt is hypoallegenic, soap free, non comdegenic, paraben free, dermatologist tested and many more. left my skin soft, beautiful, and even strted to get rid of scars w/in a few days.

Comments

- From natural ingredients, no SLS - Doesn't treat/prevent acne - Actually gave me a few pimples in places I usually do not get them - I purchased it with the whole regime, and that was very expensive (for my wallet, at least). - Could come in a bigger bottle w/ more product. - Is liquid-like. Be careful when you squeeze it out because it basically runs out - The smell - it's not bad, but is just weird. - The amount of SA is very low - under 2%, which is the most common amount. I was attracted to the whole 'natural ingredients' revolution that's been going on lately in skincare products and I suffered from a chemical burn recently so I bought this thinking it might clear up my acne and not irritate my skin. I was so wrong. It caused me some pimples and didn't really cleanse deep in my face. I purchased it in the regime, and I read the amount of SA in each (the lotion, cleanser and spot treatment) and it was very low. The cleanser (I believe) is only 1% and the spot treatment was %0.75. The dosage is way too small. Also, you don't get much of the product considering how much you pay for it. I would steer clear of this, because it's a big waste of money. I ended up taking it back.

Guest Oompa
Guest Oompa

Made me break out Usually I love burts bees, so I tried this (i was also looking for something without sodium laurel/laureth sulfate). But a day after I started using it i got 2 or 3 very angry pimples a day, for the few days I was using it... when I stopped, no new pimples. Did not work for me. I have mild/moderate acne that seems to be stress related. My skin is on the dry side as well, and pale.

Comments

Makes acne worse, does not clear up acne Wanted to trial an 'all natural' acne cleanser that was less expensive than one I was using. I switched to Burt's Bee's and it did not help clear my acne. I think it made it worse.

Comments

Havent decided makes skin dry and itchy, which causes it to produce more oil I've been using this for about a week and my acne seems to be worse! I suppose I will give it another week and update. At this point I wouldnt recommend this.

Guest Kelsey
Guest Kelsey

Non-drying Cheaper than Proactive Mostly natural ingredients More expensive than most store brands I started using this stuff this week and I've already noticed that it does a better job than most of the stuff I've tried in the past. It heals acne pretty well and doesn't make your skin red and flaky. Plus the ingredients are mostly natural, which I think will help prevent new breakouts. I use this with the blemish stick stuff as well, and it seems to be working pretty well. I would recommend it.

Comments

Fast results (the best part) All Natural No harsh chemicals There's a $2 coupon, since it's new! Good for sensitive skin - most acne products make my face dry, redder, and itchy, but not this one! It took me this long to find it! I love it! I'm 22 and have had acne since I was 13. It got to be more moderate around the age of 18 and has been like that since. I bought this two days ago in California, where I was visiting family. The air is very dry out there, and I was there for a week. Prior to this, I had been using Neutrogena (my old favorite) and Clean & Clear products. Not until the day after I bought and used Burt's Bee's, did I notice the drastic change in my acne! I used it once right after buying it, and again before bed. The next morning, I already saw new acne bumps dried out, shrunk much smaller, and almost ready to be exfoliated off! :) That's pretty cool. I used the Toner from the same line as well, but no lotion, and my skin didn't get dry. Now that I'm home in Mass, it's humid here, so I DEFINITELY won't be needing lotion anyway. It doesn't dry out your skin! It just dries the acne! PS: I tried ProActiv, for about 6 months, and the whole time, my face was itchy, skin was really flaky and dry, and the acne more painful, but I kept using it, even though my acne didn't go away at all. They told me on the phone that the redness would go away, but it never did. The Burt's Bees is cheaper, and it didn't do that to my skin, plus it's lessened my acne! I might have had an allergic reaction to the Benzoyl Peroxide in ProActiv.

Popular Liquid