Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical)

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical) Reviews

Brand: Braggs

"What My Skin Has Been Missing"

I've been browsing these forums for quite some time looking for the antidote to my acne. As all of you can probably relate, it absolutely sucks to deal with acne while it seems everyone around you has perfect skin, and you do research and research and try product after product with no success. From all the trial and error and research I've done, one of the key things I've learned is that using natural remedies is ALWAYS better. I do want to quickly share my acne story, so some information about me is that I'm 24 and have suffered from acne since I was 15. I saw a dermatologist when I was in high school and it managed my skin well. Sometime when I was in college, I stopped and my acne came back so I battled confidence and self-esteem issues as my skin problems would cycle on and off. After college I went right to grad school, and was still fighting battles with really noticeable acne (mostly on my forehead), and then I found the regimen through Acne.org. This cleared my acne really well at first, but eventually I noticed my face just looked dry and unhealthy. I scoured the internet until finally I took a risk in using Cold Pressed Olive Oil (California Ranch brand), and after two months my skin never looked as incredible as it had! What I would do is use warm water every morning and night to open my pores, gently rub olive oil on my face, sit for 20 minutes, and then wash it off with a cotton ball soaked in green tea. I literally had flawless skin, and this remedied blemishes, wrinkles, and acne on my face. Then the dreaded day I had my graduation for my Master's program, and I wore that damn cap that I wore for hours and unknowingly irritated my skin terribly. I got home and saw that my skin had broke out horrendously! I panicked and started washing my face 3 times a day and using organic coconut oil as a topical. My skin broke out even more!!! I was in such a bad pit and right after I had cleared my skin! I panicked again and used benzoyl peroxide treatments, but they never really fully helped heal my skin. At the end of the day, here's what I learned. Once again, natural is better. It will take longer, but you cannot compare how great the results are with products with harmful chemicals. I also have a conspiracy theory that products like that are designed to make your skin become dependent of them so you keep buying them. Don't fall into the trap. Two is that diet truly matters. For a while I was consuming whey protein everyday, in addition to a lot of high glycemic foods. One New Year's Eve, I out of habit ate so much pizza, chips, and pasta in combination with sugary drinks and woke up to a face full of new acne. So that's what I've been battling to this day. But I decided to go vegan and saw significant improvements. Cutting out dairy and meat, and eating an overload of vegetables and fiber has seen my digestion and gut flora improve dramatically and improve my skin. Be conscious what you're eating because it is indefinitely a source of your breakouts. Three is that you need to exfoliate your skin to initiate a healing process. This is where apple cider vinegar has come into play for me. So with chemical treatments like benzoyl peroxide, those exfoliate your skin. I think these products stopped working for me because they did it too much and were actually aggravating my acne and in the end making it worse. Apple cider vinegar does exfoliate your skin and it is a natural product (as long as you're using a product like Bragg's with 'the mother' in it). So ACV has earned itself a spot in my routine, as well as my trusted olive oil and green tea. I've tried many things, but once I started putting in ACV, my skin is INDEFINITELY on the road to clearing up. It is just a matter of time and consistency now. Here is my routine; -(Morning and Night) Wash face with warm water -Gently rub Olive Oil (California Ranch brand) and let it sit for 20 minutes -Wash away with green tea -After a minute or so once skin is dry, use a cotton ball with DILUTED ACV (I use half water and half ACV) -After a minute again when skin is dry, use organic aloe vera I will say I did briefly purge from ACV, meaning my skin got a little worse before it got better. Therefore I decided to use it as a spot treatment, and was sure it was working because areas of my face that were already at their worst were starting to heal. But after a week and a half, like I said, my skin is about a few weeks time until it is perfectly clear. And apple cider vinegar is to thank for it! Sorry for the long post, but if you took the time to read I hope you learned something. One last thing I'll add is to be careful with the internet. Looking for solutions, you see the upsides and downsides of products you're thinking of using, peoples' wonder stories and horror stories, that taking the risk of using something new and controversial is absolutely NERVE-WRACKING. I remember my anxiety putting olive oil on my face. But I do encourage you to visit that forum on acne.org. I guarantee you that people sharing horror stories are referring to having used the wrong kind of olive oil. Same with any other post with any other product. People posting about their experiences has helped me so much, but their are posts that may influence your opinion that you have to read between the lines. Finally, one last thing. Some things I've incorporated into my diet that has significantly helped my skin too is hot water with lemon, hot water with apple cider vinegar, green smoothies (with spinach and kale), salads (the more colorful the better), and using spirulina and magnesium/calcium supplements. Like I said, diet matters. Hot water kick starts your digestion which will help flush toxins from the inside out and make a different with your acne. That's all I have to say. Best of luck!

Comments

Have to go on accutane to cure what it did to my face

Used it for a month for my enormous pores, had about 2-3 pimples before starting to use it. It started breaking me out so freaking badly, my face was never NEVER this bad. I have stopped looking in the mirror. I have huge painful zits all over my face, my dark spots are darker, my face is red, everything is a mess..everybody asks what has happened to my face, while making a disgusted face. And guess what the pores are worse. Wish I had never done this mistake. Thankyou acv for making me want to die. And yes I did moisturize and used 25:75 acv:water

Best thing I ever did!

I am 37 and had acne during certain periods throughout my life. 18, 27 and then it just recently started acting up. I mostly handle it with supplements, which has worked extremely well in the past, but this last bout was stubborn. I was getting these little bumps around my chin, and some would become cystic. I have always been a fan of ACV in my diet, but never considered using it as a topical. THANK GOD I DID! About two weeks ago, I had a revelation, without even reading any reviews (came here after the fact) and started using it as a topical. I do not dilute it, shake it up and use it straight out of the bottle. OMG, my skin cleared up in two days, hand to god, it's amazing. Since then, I use it morning and night and my skin has never looked better. All the bumps are gone, and my skin is super smooth. I know everyone is different, and some things may not work for everyone, but this was a miracle for me. Hope this helps!

A Miracle Product for Cystic Acne

This product is incredible. It has worked wonders to clear up my acne. I had an awful breakout a year ago and had cystic acne all over my jawline and neck area. I have used this in conjunction with some other natural remedies and my acne has completely cleared up. I have created a step by step video with before and after pictures that explains exactly what I did to clear my skin so if you are interested, please click the link in my bio. I would really like to help other acne sufferers who are experiencing cystic acne and are trying desperately to clear it because I was you only a short time ago, and I am so much happier now. Thank you for reading!

Comments

Minimal results, but a handy pick-me-up

I have come back to ACV as a cheap toner quite a few times now, but on it's own I never see a huge difference. If your skin's feeling a little gross still after washing it can help out, and it does seem to have a smoothing effect, but I saw no major differences in my acne. It's nice, but certainly not the miracle cure for acne, and can make skin more sensitive if you already have sensitive skin. Generally, I only use ACV when I'm not on any prescribed medicine because it is too drying. Even then though, if I use it every day than after maybe a week my skin will start to get dry unless I slather on loads of moisturizer. So overall I use it sparingly. Also, I find that it works best in a spray bottle rather than on cotton pads because of the rubbing. But, given how recently my skin has been dry and much more oily than usual, I may go back to ACV anyway.

Comments

four stars due to my inflammation

I started using this a week ago every morning and night, at first it was amazing and I could see the difference but now my spots are really red and inflamed.. is this meant to happen? and if so when will it start to get better? and when will I start to notice a real difference? thanks

wow

I never believed that any one product could change my skin. In my view, acne had to be treated holistically. But I was wrong; this one product has healed my skin. I have NO new breakouts. I have read all the other reviews for ACV as a topical treatment. And I really think ACV only works for certain kinds of acne. There's "no one size fits all" in acne treatment. So I encourage people to experiment with potency in your ACV/water solutions. And to listen to your skin. If you're feeling itching, burning, something is wrong and you should stop. Your skin should never feel that way. I'm going to share my personal journey with acne and if your experience sounds like mine, I encourage you to try acv. My journey with acne started around age 17 when I was prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide, a topical antibiotic (clindamycin), and RetinA for very mild teenage acne. I used those two medications religiously for a year. It worked really well. But my medication started to run out and I didn't care to refill them because my skin was clear. A few months later I started wearing makeup and cleansing my face daily. When I wore makeup I washed my face with up to 2 kinds of cleanser. I had also started college around that time so food and lifestyle were totally out of whack. Over the past three years, my acne got progressively worse as I tried all different kinds of treatments and natural remedies. Nothing helped because the more I tried to "fix" my skin, the more I weakened it's ability to do its job. About two weeks ago, with a face full of red inflamed bumps, hyperpigmentation and clogged pores, I went out on a limb to try acv. I saw a huge difference in ONE night. The inflamation had gone down and everything looked like it was healing. Here is my daily routine: Wake up, take a soft cotton pad, dip it in organic pure safflower oil, LIGHTLY drag the cotton pad across my skin to pick up debris, dip a new cotton pad in DILUTED (1part acv,2 parts water) acv solution, again very lightly drag across my skin, being very thorough to reach every part of my skin, remoisturize with a dime size amount of safflower oil. That's all I do. I do NOT wash my face with cleanser ever. I only splash my face with water occasionally and only with lukewarm or cold water. An important note here: I experienced a period of breaking out in the first week which I attributed to using too much pressure when I cleaned my skin with the cotton pad. Please be very gentle!! After I paid extra attention to gentle movements, my skin cleared right up again. In addition to this routine, I run and do strength training 3x a week, I strictly never eat processed foods or sugar, but I allow myself to eat anything else as long as I cook it myself. I try to go to bed before midnight every night as well. But the big difference here was not using any cleanser, maintaining a healthy ph level with the acv solution and keeping skin moisturized. After that, damaged, overwashed skin will take care of itself and heal. Hope this helps

Toner

I've been using this for about 2 weeks. I dilute the vinegar 1:1 with water and use it as a toner after I wash my face. It leaves your face a little dry/smooth and obviously it smells pretty strongly (I find it goes away after a while,it might just be me adjusting). I've ALWAYS had texture on my nose and this has made it completely smooth. As for my acne, it's definitely improved. I 100% recommend this to everyone

Broke me out???

I had a lot of questioning happening with myself when I tried out unfiltered apple cider vinegar (topically & in my diet; separately tested) for my acne and I was surprised to see that instead of helping it as I heard it had for most people, it made my acne more inflamed and worse!! I pushed through it and tried to keep taking it to see if it would get any better but I just saw the bad results and couldn't take the risk of it getting even worse anymore

Did you dilute it?
ACV breaks me out badly when I drink it. Could be I have enough stomach acid anyway,or my system is naturally more acidic.

Most definetly give it a try

Hey guys, My name is diamond and im 13 and i have very bad acne all over my face. Not so bad on my forehead but on my cheeks, jaw line. It isnt very bad , but to me it is bad. Acne lowers my self esteem at times. And it makes me very frustrated because nothings works. I looked high and low on the internet, and i have tryed many things but it never works, I use all products as such as Noxzema, Bioré , Olay products , St ives many things and home remedies but NOTHING works. My acne treatment routine is usally wash my face , Cleanse with noxzema and probably try some acne removal products. Not too long ago i started using Bioré (Charcoal one) I saw change but not too much. Remind you. I have lots of small bumps. I never really had huge pimples.. they come once in a blue moon. Recently my sister told me about Apple Cidar Vinegar and i tried it. I saw a difference in my acne INSTANTLY. Although if you dont mix it with water it may start to make your face itch..and it has a smell too but its ok. I recommend if you try this Mix it with watet and shake it up because it may make your face itchy. Im so glad i found out about this. I promise myself i will use it everyday. Hopefully my mom gets me a dermetologist soon. I totally think everyone struggling with acne should try this. It made my bumps smaller and all..its amazing i love it! TRY IT TRY IT TRYYY IT!! And to all the people struggling with acne..May god help get through this i hope one day you may no longer suffer from this you are beautiful with acne or with out it. Be confident. God made us all a certain way. Learn to accept and love yourself. Because you are beautiful no matter what. �

It's a MAGIC!

I normally use acv on my salad's dressing or put some in my food prep to add flavor. I had never knew people actly use acv on face to cure acne until I read an article. My face breakout seriously in this month (don't know why) and I was so upset to see those red bumpy dots especially at my lower left chin area. Moreover, my face turns dry and much oilier than usual. Post the article, I did a lot of findings & reading people's review on using acv as facial toner. Most of the reviews are with +ve rate & hence, I took the courage to try it on my face. It's been 2 weeks since my 1st use and I think I'm ready to share my experience here. The ratio of my acv toner is 2:1, i.e.: 2 for water & 1 for acv. The ratio is vary depends on the acceptance of the acidic concentration of each individual. I use filtered water instead of tap water because tap water contains chlorine which I believe the mixture from chlorine and acv isn't safe to skin. My 1st application was at night before bedtime and I got to see the result on the next morning! My face's acne shrink and they appeared less reddish! I was so surprised to see the result and I decided to replace my normal face toner with this so call acv toner. My skin care routine at home include cleanse, exfoliate (twice a week), toner, serum, mask (twice a week), moisturiser & eye cream, benzac ac 5. Although since after using acv my acne cure faster than any other method I ever tried, but, I started to realize my face was getting drier and tighter on the 3rd or 4th day. Then, I decided to do a small adjustment on my skin care routine -- apply sheet mask every night after serum and followed by the last 2 steps. With is small adjustment, my face is getting better, less oily, smoother & supple now although scars are still there on my face. Anyhow, I'm happy to see the improvement of my face from day to day. Despite how it cures my acne, below are my comments about this home remedy in other aspects: 1. Smell?: The sour smell from the acv itself will stay on the face for awhile but it's OK, I don't really bother about the smell.LOLx. (PS: It stings so do avoid eye area.) 2. Pores getting smaller?: Yes, can see my pores getting smaller along my acne recovering period. 3. Does it helps on black and whiteheads?: Yes. I find the extraction/removal especially on my nose is much easier now. I don't need to squeeze that much like past. Moreover, I can remove them using tweezer! 4. Does it even out my skin tone?: Yes. but isn't that significant to me since my skin tone is OK. 5. Does it helps fade away scars?: Whichever related to scar takes time. So, I still monitoring the scars on my face. I swear I will never buy any toner for now. Just stick to this home remedy will do. Save $$ and save my skin. *Happy reading*

Definitely try it!

I started using apple cider vinegar about a month ago after my acne prescription stopped working. At first I was nervous because it made me break out more but turned out just to be purging. I break out a lot on my forehead and cheeks but now there's about 6 tiny pimples on my face right now. It worked so well for me my complexion is evening out and my pores aren't as huge plus my face stopped being super oily!

how long the purging will stop? and how many times you put ACV on your face? I also using ACV now and I also experiencing break out on my face more pimples that show and hopefully it will gone too the same with you...

sensitive to hard water?

I suspected my tap water may be contributing to my acne. I have hard water and I heard vinegar can be used to restore skins pH balance and remove minerals and metals that can be left behind after washing. My easy fix rather than installing a water filtration system is to buy a single bottle of purified water, drink half and fill the rest with apple cider vinegar. I also added a few drops of tea tree oil. I store it in the fridge and use it on a cotton pad as a toner. My skin began breaking out about 15 years ago in my early 20's. I always assumed it was that adult acne I kept hearing about. I now believe it's always been the hard water. So it's worth a try. Won't cost much to experiment. The tea tree oil has acne fighting benefits but I added it mainly to disguise the smell of vinegar. Works great without it. Just be sure to use the toner after every shower or any time you splash your face with tap water. I use it right before bed and right when I wake up.

Comments

Great, Works better than acne products

I've had acne since 5th grade around 12y/0 I'm 16 in the 10th now and I've tried lots of different acne products. Black Soap, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Clearasil you name it ! My Acne is pretty inflamed and sensitive.... mostly Reds bumps that hang out for a week disappear and come back somewhere else ugh... My Aunt told me about this Vinegar so I decided to try it... I figured it couldn't hurt. The first night I washed my face with simple white soap and then applied the vinegar on my entire face it dried and I left it and went to bed.... when I woke up not only was my skin soft it wasn't oily... the redness was way down, my acne scars had lighten, even some bumbs shrunk !!!! I'm on day 4 and each day my face improves and so does my happiness... if you've tried anything and it hasn't worked this is your best bet Honestly cheap, very effective, last a while. Brace your self for the smell lol, it is vinegar after all. Also, I'm African American, my skin is light, and its sensitive. This product is great for all skins from my knowledge .

OMG YOU SOUND EXACTLY LIKE ME I WILL DEFINITELY TRY IT THANK YOU

HELP

So I never usually get spots or pimples and all of a sudden I have broken out so bad on my forehead. I've tried different things but nothing seems to work. Then I came across ACV. I've been using it as a toner with the ratio 1:1 and have been using it for about 5 days now, I thought I saw a little improvement with the redness of the spots going down but today my forehead looks so bad. Please could someone advise me how long this takes to kick in? Thanks :)

Your face might be going through a purging stage, where it gets worse before it gets better. If your face has no improvement after 4 to 6 weeks its probably not working. Also if your noticing acne where you dont normally get it, its prob not purging and just a breakout

Feels refreshing

I started using this about a week ago and it has definitely helped with redness! My skin tone appears more even now and the red/dark spots from pimples calms down faster when I use it. I am also getting cysts and papules less frequently. I made a 1 part ACV to 4 part water mixture and use it once a day on my face before I go to bed after washing and before moisturizing.

Comments

Four stars since it stinks

So I just started using this, it hasn't even been a week and I could already tell the difference. My acne is throughout my jawline and by the side of sideburns and a few on my forehead I recently got. Anyways this pretty much helped my inflammation of my acne go down and Took some spots, scars, and acne away. I mixed it with water first, 2 oz of vinegar and 2 oz of water, I have plenty left still. I only use two Cotten balls to cover my whole face. Also I use it at night, the only sh*tty part is it stinks. And I also use moisturizer after it fully dries. I'm also using an organic aloe vera gel in the morning after I wash my face. This has also helped with the redness and it helps with your skin glow and some acne. I still use it since it was 20 bucks. 🙄 But I also use Carley's clear and smooth tea tree face wash and their shea butter soap as an everyday use. I still use it since it did help with my acne in the beginning but for whatever reason my acne somehow got triggered by something and it got worse. Like I said it did help, I was clearing up but then I got acne for whatever reason again. Carley's midnight moisturizer tho is really good, the aloe vera gel does make my face really dry and flakey but once i put on the midnight moisturizer it goes completely away and it doesn't make my skin oily. ( best moisturizer i have ever used) So that's a plus. I use the moisturizer day and night, there is a day moisturizer at Carley's but I didn't like it as much. i also take L-Lysine in pills, it helps with hormonal acne, which is the acne thats on your jawline. it has helped me, since I started using it my jawline has become clearer also with the help of acv. If interested I use l- lysine by Thorne. 10$ on amazon. Give y'all and update in a month.

Amazing!!

Let me begin by saying i'm 22 years old and have suffered from acne since I was 12. The only thing that has ever cleared my acne was accutane. However 3 years after taking accutane my skin began breaking out again. I tried every face wash, every medication, every topical gel, and I saw little or no result. I heard about this apple cider vinegar and decided to give it a shot. Every night for the past 2 weeks I dipped a cotton ball in it and rubbed it all over the affected areas. Today being the 14th day my skin is seriously 98% clear. I am shocked. Besides accutane i've never seen results like this, this fast. I highly recommend this to anyone with acne. I wish there were more easily accessible clinical trials for using apple cider vinegar to treat acne so I could better understand why it's working so fast. I also don't understand how it hasn't dried my face out I have normal/dry skin but no matter how much I put on I have never received burns or excessive dryness. Anyways, i'm blown away.

Did you dilute it or use it pure ??

works really good

This is something everyone should at least give a try,especially girls with PCOS. This did not completely clear my skin but has greatly improved. As far as body acne goes (back, chest, or this is probably gross but butt acne ) applying this to the spots clears it up in no time for me. I apply this as a toner on my face as of rn, diluted with water of course. I used to drink this and it did help,but it tastes super nasty so watch out for that. I dont really remember if i purged or not but this is one of my favorites for my skin. It also doesnt make my skin blotchy, like most other products usually do for my skin.

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

I think everyone here can agree that any outward sign your body gives (acne, seb derm, psoriasis etc) you can almost always guarantee it has something to do with what's going on inside the body. An overly alkaline body is a body most certainly experiencing skin issues among other things. By adding ACV to your diet, you're balancing the body with acetic acid. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves. First and foremost eating habits must change. Eliminate or limit sweets, breads, alcohol, etc. Avoid preservatives in any form and start introducing healthy foods. Secondly, introduce DILUTED ACV gradually. One or two 8 oz. glasses per day at first but no more than 3 and in the following dose. To 8 oz spring or filtered water, add 2 tsp ACV and 1 tsp lemon juice. One tsp of cranberry juice (100% cranberry - no added sugar) may also be added but this is optional. Drink this blend until symptoms improve and reduce glasses to 1 or 2 per day. It is important to use a straw while drinking diluted ACV to prevent enamel erosion of the teeth. ACV is a natural detox so symptoms will get a little or a lot worse before they get better. Hang in there and you will see wonderful results.

Broke me out

Have been using this for about 10 days now but it has only increased whiteheads on my face. Done absolutely nothing for my huge pores and also darken my dark spots. I am confused how does it dry out people's skin, mine is just as oily and I don't even moisturize.

Dude, you need to moisturize. When your moisturize you trick your skin into thinking it doesn't need to produce as much oil which causes less oily skin and a major decrease in likelihood for pimple formation. So find yourself some good moisurizer for oily skin. Concearning the vinigar, I'm actually going to start that today so idk about it like I heard about using it like an hour ago lol.. but first step for you: get some noice moisturizer
Hello there :) I have been using the Braggs ACV for about 3 weeks now I think and in the first week, I broke out so badly. I had painful pustules and I immediately thought that this stuff is not working for me. However, I still continued to use until now and, surprisingly, my skin is clearing out, although I still a few here and there and acne scars. You said that you broke out? Hmm, maybe you're purging out just like mine, but 2 weeks have gone past since I broke out with this stuff and I can happily say it does work. Just remember though, our skin differs to one another so you're probably purging out and might take a bit more time for your skin to finally clear up. You see, the ACV is sort of like a mild exfoliation so your pimples will get irritated, however, the ACV will eventually restore your PH level which should help protect and heal your skin. I hope this helps you :)

Amazing

This product is really great. I use as a toner everyday right now. The only down side is it's smell. You will get used to it eventually if you keep on using it. This product didn't really fix everything about my acne, but it helped me manage my moderate acne. Good luck!!

Huge Impact

While ACV hasn't been a cure for me, it has secured a place in my routine. I apply it as a diluted toner (50% water 50% ACV) after shaving my face (every 3 days), and on the following day my skin is usually much clearer than it would have been without ACV. I don't use ACV most days or if I'm going outside, because it has an overwhelming scent, but it is good to use after shaving or at night. Make sure you buy an organic brand with The Mother included (it will say on the bottle). Braggs, Melrose, and Macro Organic all performed identically for me. I didn't find ACV to be effective as a drink.

it works!

i have a really bad acne on my forehead.i tried so many toner before.this one is really work.its not showing any progress until about 1 week.i already use it for 3 months now and my skin feels amazing.i still have a couple acne tho.i use it once a day (before i sleep)after i wash my face and just apply it with cotton balls,i also mix it with 1:1 water.i leave it until the next morning.i dont use any moisturizer because it makes my skin feels oily,and for me,the a c v doesn't makes my skin feels dry.AND i also use it on my neck,chest,and bacne,it also works. DEFINITELY WORTH A TRY😄�

Comments

This along others worked for me!

I'm writing this 2 months after trying out ACV as a topical and combined with zinc pills and vitamin A. Finally, my skin is very close to pimple free. I had hormonal acne so my jawline and chin were constantly breaking out. Here's what I did. Gluten free diet Dairy free diet Soy free diet Very low sugar intake 1 5,000IU vitamin A pill with every meal (3x total a day 1 Zinc Pincolate 22mg Pill after breakfast and lunch. (2x total a day Apple cider vinegar as a toner morning and night when I get out of the shower. I am so happy with the results! If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them because I know what you're going through! It may seem hard at first and I did slip up a few times but getting a new pimple(s) every time made me regret it! I bought the Solgar Branded pills if anyone wants to know which pills I used.

Is this still working for you?
Hello! Is this still working for you? I am having the same problem. hormonal acne and nothing seems to work. I was wondering what your daily meals look like. I am currently a vegetarian and gluten free.