Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Gel Reviews

Brand: Benzac AC

Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Gel

rek

make wonders to skin

i have beeen using this benzac cream combined along with femcinol gel for months and it has made wonders..now i have a clear skin without acne and acne scars.. don't know about dry skin but definitely it makes wonders to oily skin..i use it once daily applying it overnight and washing off it in the morning....with dermadew acne soap...

The best..however

This is the best pure benzoyl peroxide magical treatment you will ever find. It works WAAY better than the Benzac AC 2.5% and the 5%. HOWEVER.. the downside of this cream and benzoyl peroxide as a chemical in general is that once you use it too often (like at least twice or thrice a week for a month), your skin gets immune to it. No matter how much you apply, acne would simply not go away. Once you notice it stops working, you would need to take a 3 month break and then get back to it. During that break, you need to use alternative acids and/or medications in order to treat your acne such as Tretinoin, Differin (gel only, cream is not as effective), Salicylic Acid, etc.

The best there is

This product is an absolute miracle worker and no other benzoyl peroxide really compares to it. The closest I have found is panoxyl aquagel but it was discontinued years ago. If you are looking to get it can be found on ebay.

Comments

I've been using it for over 3 years. It's been a pleasant experience.

This has been my go to product in combating acne for the past 3 years (I started with the 5%). It's not the kindest product when you first start your regimen but it delivers when you stick with it. I'm about 95% cleared now, I still get zits here and there but I've come a long way before I started using Benzac AC. There were times when I wanted to move on to another product, I'm just thankful that I didn't and I'm still using it today. Now, not everybody may have the same experience as I did, from what I understand, it varies from person to person. Still, I'd recommend giving this a try for a couple months.

SHD

really great

I have always suffered with having constant breakouts of three or four pimples, and just as they start to go away, I just seem to break out again. I started with the 2.5% and now use 10%, however I only use it actually on a pimple, not on any other skin as it does make it really dry. I also only use it at night as it puts like a white powder over the area where it is applied :)

be careful

I have dealt with really nasty hormonal acne recently, cysts and nasty pustules covering my chin, almost all of both cheeks, jaw line and scattering around my forehead. I used all natural products like salt and honey for two weeks which did help but called for patience, halving the severity in this time. After getting really impatient I picked up a tube of this and Phisohex with hopes for the best. Using the wash twice a day and the gel at night by its self as I have quite oily skin. I am now up to day four of them and my skin is really chemically burnt as I have not allowed my skin to built a tolerance, despite this it has been amazing for clearing my skin. Excellent products, I just need to give them a few days break.

Skin savior

Have been using Benzac AC incrementally for about a year, finally landing at 10 percent and my god, does it work. Sometimes I opt to buy the 5 percent every now and then so as to not build up a tolerance to it, which does the trick. Not entirely sure what the effect of such concentrated BP will be in the longterm, but right now it's just what I need.

Comments

Amazing product. That's all I can say.

It cleared me up big time. Consistent. Pure awesomeness. Just try it out! Dries me out. Skin needs to get used to it. I've been using this product for 9 weeks now, ten weeks after I started the 5% one. I've seen great results from the 5% but it really didn't clear me out 100%, more like 95% so I tried this out and thank heavens I did. Since using this, I've only had 4 pimples (small ones), can you imagine that? 4 pimples in 9 weeks, that's crazy! I suffer from moderate to severely moderate acne but this benzac line really saved me. I super recommend this product!

Guest Juli
Guest Juli

Clears up Acne fast. Doesn´t overdry skin. No smell Can use under makeup. Leaves white streaks if you don´t apply well. It works! I´ve tried everything available, Accutane, Doxy, SA, BP, home made remedies, expensive dermatologists and nothing even comes close to good as this. It cleared my acne in 3 weeks. I still have one occasional breakout, but nowhere near as bad as before. I love this product and highly recommend it to people who have tried everything.

Comments

The results are fast and my pimples dry up prety fast. I sugest do it over night. Your skin gets a bit flaky and dry but mostireser will fix that :D It's great, cheap but works very well. It takes away your acne.

Guest riman
Guest riman

reduces acne very quickly..plus i have got an oily face and after using benzac for a few days my face dried up so thats a good thing nothing been using it for 3 days and it really works.. love it!

Comments

goes on easily, only have to use a little, no odor, works very well, doesn't seem to stain fabrics as easily as other BP preparations, comes in different strengths dries skin out, ridiculously overpriced for what it is in the US (still cheaper than some options), sometimes leaves white streaks on face where it wasn't rubbed in all the way after it dries This stuff works great. It is very drying, but that's why it works. I was using just the straight up 10%, then I tried adding about 15 drops of tea tree oil to the remaining 2/3 or so of the tube I had left, which made it seem to work even better. I have incredibly oily skin, and I even found it too drying to use every day, so I use it on my entire face every other day, and then use it as a spot treatment every day (sometimes 2x for really nasty ones). It has done a tremendous job with no side-effects (other than dryness and mild light-sensitivity). It is incredibly expensive to buy in the US for what it is (about $40 a bottle without insurance, and still about $15-20 with because it isn't a generic), and doctors tend not to prescribe it over other topicals. So I just buy mine in Mexico for about $7/tube (still made in Galderma's French factory). Pretty awesome stuff.

Guest Kenzo Teves
Guest Kenzo Teves

Clears up my acne in less than a week! Gets really dry and flaky. I use it twice a day morining and night after using proactiv. Woks life a miracle to me. Proactiv alone won't work but with this product it will. I use an SPF 15 moisturizer to remove the dryness and flakyness.

Comments

Acctully Its The 1st Medicne That WOrks On Me will Clean About 80% Acne Keep It On YOur Face ABout 15 Minutes Then Wash your Face Keep It On YOur Face ABout 15 Minutes Then Wash your Face Dont You Ever Leave Any Cream On Your Face When You Use Any Cream Then Always Wash Your Face.

Guest Juicy_fruit7
Guest Juicy_fruit7

It's awesome! Bleaches coloured fabrics and dries up your skin. I've been using it for about 2 years and it works very well on my skin. I use it on my arms and on my face whenever I have a pimple.

Guest Max Vince
Guest Max Vince

Works really well with a Clindets pad, but my acne came back worst than never after 8 months :( Maybe 10% is too much for me... Sooo redness for the first 2 months. Try it for sure, but take the % of Benzoyl Peroxyde that fits with you, so start with a 2,5% and go highter after.

Popular Topical