BeautySkin Acne Lamp

BeautySkin Acne Lamp Reviews

Brand: BeautySkin

Excellent product! I recommend it to everyone that has acne!

Excellent product! I recommend it to everyone that has been struggling with acne. I've been using it for a month now and it's been the most effective treatment in years, more than antibiotics or creams etc. It does require loads of discipline of using it every day, improving your diet, especially ditching the sugary things. The thing I've mostly been impressed is how quickly it has reduced the inflammation. Overall, this is a really good investment. I have so much more confident in myself.

Guest Mom of 3 little ones
Guest Mom of 3 little ones

It decreased pimples No side effects I went from Moderate Cystic acne to light acne Can do it in the privacy of your own home...no trips to Derm. Have to sit still for 15 min/day Ticker is loud & makes talking on phne tricky cuz people ask what that noise is I saw an increase in seed like whiteheads on cheeks I gave it a 5 stars because even though the initial price is steep it sure beats Derm visit costs. And also because it gives you the benefits of the sun but without the risk of sun damage. Not sure if seed like whiteheads were from Beautyskin but I didn't have them before using this. It is just that I started trying other things too around the same time... like putting neem powder/manuka honey on my skin & drinking green tea. So like I said not sure where the little seed like white heads are coming from. It was not a cure all for me. I also cleaned up my diet (NO SUGAR!! No dairy & No gluten) & I am also trying to go to bed earlier. And I am also getting outside for more natural sunlight (not sunbathing or baking or anything). And I brought a toxic relationship to a closure. Im sure all those things helped me from going from mean painful red cysts (1 or 2/week) (+ a few smaller ones too) to little pimples (3 per week). Bottom Line: I LOVE MY BEAUTY SKIN box

Comments

Works at resolving mild to moderate inflammatory acne Cheaper than other combination blue-red light therapy options Must use regularly As other reviewers have said, this regimen works, but I couldn't get into the routine. I'm actually trying to sell mine because I really can't afford it as a periodic treatment, so if anyone else is interested, I have it listed on ebay at: [link removed]

Guest Just Visiting Again
Guest Just Visiting Again

- Works quickly without irritating the skin - No prescription hassle - No initial breakout - Did I mention it works? - Can be cumbersome; you really have to set aside time EVERY day - Ticking sound very annoying - Expensive but it's definitely worth it I credit this acne lamp with doing wonders for my skin. I have been using it for about a year, with a 4-5 month break inbetween when I went on antibiotics (bad idea - the pills didn't do anything - I should have stayed with this). Whilst not the most user-friendly, especially if you're tired, using it for just 15 minutes a day has really made a difference to my skin. I started noticing results at around a month and best of all, there was no purging process. It was literally like all my active and dormant pimples dried up and never had the chance to see the light of day (excuse the pun). For the last 4 months I have been using this in conjunction with Skinoren cream (see my review for that separately) and between these two I think I have finally found a regimen that works for me. I have struggled for years and tried so many antibiotics it's unreal. I was one step away from roaccutane when I decided to throw caution to the wind and try this, having read a few reviews online. Luckily I found a second hand one on eBay for £50, although I would have paid much more as it is definitely worth it once you count up all the prescriptions, creams etc. My doctor hadn't even heard of UV therapy when I broached the subject with him, but even he is impressed with my progress. I still get hormonal pimples but these are tiny and generally go away in a few days. Nothing like the big, painful lumps I used to have for weeks at a time. I hope this review is helpful and if you're um-ing and ah-ing over whether or not to buy one, I would say go for it. Worse case scenario it doesn't work but at least you don't have any physical side effects (like BP, Retin A et al can do) and can easily sell it on again at a fair price.

Guest Cari
Guest Cari

Cleared up my skin better than anything else I've ever used-- and I've tried everything! (Accutane, Retin-A, Duac, Cleocin, antibiotics, Proactiv). Very effective for me-- it works! The ticking timer is kind of noisy, but I just listen to my iPod while I have the light on. Need to be consistent about using it-- in the beginning, every day; later, several times a week. However-- it's worth sitting for 15 min. a day! I don't know if this works for all types of acne, but it worked really well for me and I have had acne for at least 17 years (I'm now 30). I've gone to many dermatologists and tried EVERY imaginable product or method to treat it. After noticing that my acne always improved immediately (to the point of totally clear skin) after vacationing in the sun, I thought that a skin lamp might be most effective. Fortunately, I was right! I was lucky to find the lamp on Ebay for only $70.00 (including shipping), I still would've paid $250.00 for it (which is the original price). If it doesn't work for you, you could probably re-sell it online, as well. Anyway, as you can see, I can't say enough good things about this product! IT WORKS! :)

Guest Boy
Guest Boy

Does work. Stopped breakouts after two weeks. My skin is a lot better after using this lamp. Noisy timer/clock. Doesn't cover the whole face, made me break out behind my ears and 'round my neck. This lamp actually works to treat acne. Takes some time, and you have to do the treatment EVERY day. I'm travelling a lot in the weekends, so sometimes I had to start over new.. If you tend to clear up during the summer, this might help you get rid of most of your acne.

Guest sonali
Guest sonali

no side effects didn't really work for me expensive I tried it for about a month but didn't notice much of a change in oily skin and acne. It may have helped a little, but not so much that I would notice it, and so was not worth it to me. Maybe I was too hasty but I returned it.

Guest nik
Guest nik

really does work, like the sun but without the uv damage, you have to be dedicated, i have been using it for about 3 years now rarely missing a day except holidays and have had near totally clear skin which is definatly worth a few minutes each night can become a chour but just stick on some music and its not to bad. really works pricy but well worth it (think how much money you waste on other useless stuff!) be dedicated and you will get results i combine this with duac cream which i put on after using the lamp and before bed- my skin has never been better and i am one of those tried everything and nothing works ive had acne for ever! people.

Guest Mark
Guest Mark

Works very well at clearing acne, of all variations. Mine is moderate inflammatory acne. Even accutane failed to clear my acne. Light therapy using the beautyskin box has cleared me up 100% and i only need to use it every other day now aswell. Needs a bit of dedication to begin with, persistency is the key. Initial cost is relatively high but when compared to how much can be spent on constant use of other products, it is pretty good actually. Would recommend this over anything else i have tried.

Guest Eleonora
Guest Eleonora

Hardly any risk of side effects Did not work for me at all and it takes a lot of time. I have used this religiously for 4 months and... nothing. It is good for some people so I'd say: give it a try. It might work for you and at least it does not have any nasty side-effects.

Comments

This product does work, I have used it for 2weeks now and have noticed my skin a lot smoother and les spots. I would say I don't have acne but large pores and greasy skin and a few spots that come up but it has improved the texture so far. A*** The only cons are the price, but if you look at going to a health clinic you can pay the same for just one treatment, this way it is a great investment and you can use it at home when you like. Yo have to have patience to use this 15 mins a day. This is defo a must if you have used everything from pills to creams for your acne/spots/greasy skin as it does make a difference. Also if your acne is better when you are in the sun then this is good for you but without the UV rays to worry about. It may take a few weeks to notice a slight change but if you have the patience and time then this is for you. Very very recommend!!!!

Guest moderate acne sufferer
Guest moderate acne sufferer

It worked for me, no harsh chemicals, no pain, privacy of your own home, no side effects. You just sit in front of the light in a dark room. Cheaper than stated by the other reviewers at £179, it was still pricey for me. It is also a large lightbox so not discreet or mobile if you have to go away for a few days. I wouldn't like someone to see it in my house and ask me what it's for! I had moderate acne, about 6-7 large painful lumps on each cheek and around the chin area. They would start to flatten and just then I'd break out all over again! This continued for a few years after I had my children. I use the light everyday for 15 mins and occasionally miss the odd day due to being too busy. I saw improvements within days. My skin has become and remains smooth. I get the odd 'spot' around the time of my period but nothing like the kind of painful acne I was getting before. Where I had dark pigmentation from old spots, the light has helped to fade them away slowly and I am confident that I will have an even skin tone again. People have already commented that I look better and my confidence means I no longer try to hide my face in my hair or look down when people are talking to me. If you have had n-lite therapy and it worked for you but can't afford those sessions in a salon/clinic then this is a good investment and better value for money.

Comments

Has worked very quickly to clear up my acne. I use it once a day for 15 minutes and I wouldn't be without it. None Considering how much I have spent on other less successful attempts to clear my acne, I think it is very reasonably priced.

Guest Jacob
Guest Jacob

It works. I've suffered from moderate acne, and although after 3 months it's not completely gone, it has been greatly reduced and my skin looks much better. There isn't much cons really. The problem is consistency. You have to use it every single day to achieve results. Since it doesn't affect the skin (make it flaky etc..) I believe it has been a good investment despite the steep price.

Comments

Works. Doesn't make the skin itchy/red/flaky. Good for people who tend to clear up during the summer months because of exposure to the sun. Works slowly. Pricey. You have to be very consistent using it every day. I've been on this treatment for around 2½ month now, and it's working very well. I'm using it once a day, and since I got acne all over my face i use it 3 times 15 minutes in one session for each part of my head (since it doesn't cover your whole head, sadly). I've skipped a day once in a while without any breakouts, and sometimes when I'm lazy I make the session last for 3 times 10 minutes. At first it might seem boring to sit there in front of the light for 30-45 minutes (might only be 15 for you of course but really, it's not. Just get some good music and it'll be over shortly. Compared to other products, this one doesn't make your skin itchy, red or flaky unless you sit too close to the light, in fact it makes your skin soft instead. I recently started on the regiment as well (1 week ago) and I've found out it's a very good combination. The regimen has already almost cleared the last bit of my acne in only 1 week without any breakouts.

Guest sarah
Guest sarah

took about 6 weeks to see a difference and after using for about 3 months acnes not completely gone but theres about 80% improvement which is more than ive had with anything else. my skin feels softer but as for red marks im not sure about any improvement- not to say that there hasnt been any, just that i was more concerned with improvement in active acne so ive taken little notice of any change in red marks or scars.

Guest sophie
Guest sophie

works pricey I was incredibly skeptical about the acne lamp. however, was willing to give it a go considering nothing else has worked. my acne is moderate, lots of little bumps under the skin. i have used the lamp every night for 15 minutes for 5 weeks, i saw imrovement from the second week. it has improved the texture of my skin, made it softer and i have 80% less active acne. i like to think it has improved my red marks as well. i would suggest giving this a go but dont lose heart after a week,keep it up. probably wont help much for people with very bad acne.