Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash Reviews

Brand: Basis

Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

Swear by it!!!

I swear to everyone that this is hands down the best product for your skin. I've used 6 bottles, or containers in the last 2 years. It's so good and I always come back. It's gentle on the skin and removes every bit of makeup. How do I know that? When I tone my face afterwards, there's is hardly any residue left behind. It also cleared my acne'” of course, there might be other factors that contributed to this. This product is so good. Love it!!

Comments

Good, clean just not effective for real acne

I tried this. used it for years really because it didn't leave a film over my skin like all the other ones seem to do. That combined with the basis bar soap (for the shower). I liked that it seemed to be natural without a lot of other additives that you find in all the other products. Long story short - even though I liked the way my skin felt afterwards, I never saw my breakouts diminish and that was troubling. I had dry skin to start with and this made it even drier. I added moisturizers over my sunscreen to help but that seemed to exacerbate my acne. I finally had to admit that I just needed to move on which was troubling since I felt like I had tried everything. I found a cleanser finally that I liked just as much from Ninja Skincare for combination skin. That combined with their medicine and my skin is finally as clear as I have seen it. I think basis is a great product for people with moderate to slight acne but not someone like me with serious hormonal, adult acne. I guess with my type of skin you just need something stronger.

Comments

Amazing cleanser! Makes your skin fell so clean and smooth! I have extremely sensitive skin and the mild fragrance doesn't bother me at all! I even use this as my "shaving cream". It's so cheap too and last forever! None! Will buy for a long time! :)

Comments

- Lathers well - Oil-free - Soap-free - Rinsed cleanly - Not too expensive - Dryed out skin resulting in breakouts - Not available in many stores Unfortunately this cleanser did not work out for me. I used it for about 2.5 weeks, once in the morning and once in the evening each day (no moisturizer used). I have highly sensitive, somewhat oily skin that is prone to mild/moderate acne. I have been on doxycline 100mg per day for the last 5 months . At first the cleanser seemed quite good, but I could tell it was rather drying. After about 1.5 weeks of use I started developing small little whitehead pimples across center of my forehead and on my nose. Each day there would be 3-4 more. The tops of the pores appear to be sealed over due to the drying properties of this cleanser. I couldn't take any more and had to abandon use yesterday. I must 15 little scabs on my face in various states of healing. Definitely the worst my skin has looked in a long time. Hope others have better luck with this product than me:-(

Guest Lindsay
Guest Lindsay

Gave me less acne Cheap Lathers well Makes skin feel clean Didnt help all that much with acne Burns a little I don't really like products with added fragrance I needed a gentle cleanser to use in the morning and this one works OK, but it's a little harsh. Its probably good for someone who doesn't have much acne but just needs to clear their skin.

Comments

gentle cleanser good for sensitive skin or if you are using prescription topicals doesn't actually treat breakouts I have been using this for a few months because I use strong prescription topical treatments and using medicated cleansers in addition to those made my skin very dry and irritated. This is a much more gentle solution, and while it doesn't do anything to improve your skin, it will not hurt it either if you are using other methods of treatment. Takes off all of my makeup, smells nice and makes my skin feel soft. Don't use it expecting it to make your skin clear on its own, it's just part of a larger treatment plan.

Comments

To treat acne use the Basis Bar Soap (the clear bar) with tea tree oil. My doctor recommended it to me and it works wonders. It does make skin a little dry but its worth it to have clear skin. It takes a couple weeks to really notice a difference.

Guest Katherine
Guest Katherine

it doesn't have ANY harsh chemicals not even salicylic acid yet breaks down blackheads it uses aloe vera to help with irritation can be used on super oily skin (like mine) or super dry (like my friend's) and still totally eliminate cysts, blackheads, zits, breakouts, pimples, and irritations even clears body acne absolutely none this clears all skin when given at least 2-3 weeks if not more depending on the severity but should still be pretty clear by then. keep in mind that it has to not only clear skin but flush out chemicals and toxins from previous products.

Guest Nana
Guest Nana

cheap. smells good didn't help with acne.. or made it worse. I bought this because it was soap free, cleaned off make up, etc. At first i was happy with it, but I think it started breaking me out horribly. There's definitely nothing in there that'll stop the acne from happening, and I don't think it actually cleans that well (I can tell after I put toner on my face...) It's cheap and if it doesn't break you out, good, but for me, not purchasing again.

Comments

Digs up deep acne Freshness feeling after usage Leaves parts of skin soft DOESN'T get rid of acne it pulls up Leaves skin tight feeling Not very effective Skin gets VERY dry It works, yeah, to dig up acne but then it doesn't do anything to help get rid of it. It left my cheeks soft but also left little bumps on my cheeks. Made my nose even more oily.

Guest Jolie Antoinette
Guest Jolie Antoinette

- cleans your face - draws up the pimples from under you skin - helps lighten complexion and fade scars somewhat - dries out skin This is a wonderful product. I've been using it daily in the shower for about 2 weeks and my acne has cleared up drastically. It drew the impurities out of my skin the first use and in correlation with a 10% BP, I have never seen my skin look this clear in years! My scars are fading quickly and I only have a few pimples on my chin. I believe that after a month I will be completely clear. This is not a miracle product and will not work alone, in my opinion. I have used everything and I cannot believe that clearing my acne was just this simple. I remember my doctor recommended this to me 6 years ago but it was working too slow so I gave up and started Pro-Activ. WORST decision of my life! I'm so happy I've grown more patient, for it was well worth it.

Guest Bee
Guest Bee

It will not irritate your skin. It leaves your skin feeling "fresh". The slight smell it has is refresing. Beautiful packaging. :) Cleans skin. Doesn't clean very "deep". Well... it doesn't really do anything. Unless you are using a cleanser that is specifically making you break out, this cleanser won't do anything. It just removes anything on your face. However, it is great if you have REALLY sensitive skin or don't want an acne treatment. It's a fine cleanser. It didn't clear any of my acne, but it's not making it worse. However, no cleansers that I've used have helped my skin, so it's in no way worse than any cleanser I've tried, if that makes any sense. It is very high quality.

Guest Oscar
Guest Oscar

Cleans well Smells great Cheap Maybe too effective leading to dry skin This is by far the best facial cleanser I've used. It is super effective, has a nice texture and smell, and is relatively cheap. I'm not sure how good it is at eliminating acne, but it certainly doesn't make me break out. I would certainly recommend anyone to try this product. BTW: I get this product on ebay since I can't find it in stores.

Comments

-Removes makeup -Leaves you with a great clean feeling -Lathers well -Gentle -No harsh ingredients -It can leave your face slightly dry if you don't moisturize regularly -Doesn't specifically say "non-comedegnic" FYI: you can buy this at Bed Bath & Beyond and Ulta. I've used this facewash for about 3 years now and love it. I just realized however that it does leave my face slightly dry, but I haven't been using a moisturizer after so that may be the key. I just bought Cetaphil gentle cleanser and love the way that one leaves my face moisturized, but it doesn't seem to remove my makeup well. I may try using Cetaphil in the morning and then Basis at night to remove my makeup and then follow up with a great moisturizer.

Popular Liquid