Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 Reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30

Awful product!

As you can see there are quite a few people who have had the red, itchy, flaky, and irritated skin reaction to this product. I had the same thing. After day 1 my face was on fire, and I thought it might be the Retin-A, so I stopped both for two weeks, then tried the moisturizer again, by itself. Same thing happened. I'm not allergic to anything that I know of, so whatever is in this is serious business.

DO NOT USE

Do NOT use this product if you have sensitive skin! At first I thought it was ok, but it burned a little around my eyes. Then I noticed the skin around my eyes started to get flaky. I stopped using it after a few days, but the skin around my eyes kept getting worse. After about two weeks (after I STOPPED using the product), I couldn't take it any more. My skin was peeling and red from my lash line to my eyebrows, as well as out towards my temples and underneath my eyes. My eyelids were very swollen, and I was afraid they would get so swollen I wouldn't be able to open my eyes. I went to an optometrist and she said I had contact dermatitis from an allergic reaction to the product (same as another reviewer said). I got prescribed a steroid ointment and it cleared up within a couple of days. Needless to say, I definitely regret buying this product. I've never had any sort of allergic reaction to a facial product before. Even if you don't think you have sensitive skin, I would not risk using this product!

Nice

Moisturizes Protects from the Sun Evens out skin tone and texture Can make face look greasy I use it on my face during the day time when I go out. I make sure I wash my face thoroughly at the end of the day so it wont clog my pores.

BAD!!!!!

I used it for 2 days and on the 3rd my skin was on fire and very itchy and then broke out in rash and now flaky and peeling! Had to go get steriods to combat the contact dermatitis that it caused! Do not purchase this!

The same thing happened to me! I only used it for a few days but the skin around my eyes got red, flaky, itchy, and swollen. It was contact dermatitis and I was prescribed a steroid ointment. How can Aveeno call this product hypoallergenic?

It's Ok!

didnt break me out add jojoba oil to it Burns my eyes. didnt like the smell I have been using this for about 2 months, It's Ok! most important thing is didnt break me out. I love to add 5 drops of jojoba oil (acne.org brand) its great! but i see lots of review says it breaks them out! im glad it didnt to me. but apply it on my eyes burns....make me have tears....:( i wouldn't recommand this product cuz i wont purchase it again! but everyone is different! My skin type is acne.prone..have scars and red marks! but u never know whats ur fav product until u try it... so keep trying !

Guest marm
Guest marm

Absorbs quickly Moisturizes well Has feverfew (similar to chamomile) Caused acne! Burns, especially after using BP This cream was a big disappointment! I decided to switch it up from my Olay moisturizer that I had used for years and buy this, and I regret it. I got it at a sale and it is supposed to be non-comedogenic and have calming properties, but it ended up being the only reason that I have acne. It seemed fine at first and moisturized great, but after two weeks or so caused me to continuously break out. That's why I started on the regimen but since moisturizing is the last step this cream only left me with more acne. I've stopped using it now and would not recommend it to anyone with acne-prone skin.

Comments

-Smooths skin texture a bit (especially under the eyes) -Feels light/non greasy -SPF -shimmer/glitter particles (very finely milled, so you don't really notice them but I HATE any sort of shimmer/glitter in my moisturizer, so it bothers me) -Doesn't moisturize deeply enough, can never get rid of dry spots with this stuff Eh. This stuff is so-so. I like greasier/deep moisture creams and moisturizers because they smooth down the flaky areas I have. This stuff doesn't really do that, I will say that it does a good job on my under-eye area, concealer glides on fantastically after this stuff, but that's about it. The glitter is visible if you get really close to the mirror, other than that I don't think it does much to brighten skin and I think shimmer is a stupid way to brighten skin anyway, it's not treating the problem. Very light and water based, so it washes off easily and actually turns white if you get enough water on it. No anti-acne ingredients, so it's just for moisture, not acne treatment. I'm just not impressed, after spending $15 bucks, I'll probably finish using it but I won't spend another $15 on it. I like Garnier's SPF 28 anti-spot moisturizer way better.

Comments

Smells nice Made skin smooth first few uses SPF UVA and UVB Made me break out really bad! Burned my face I get little bumps on my forehead DON'T BUY IT!!!! If you have acne prone skin, it will break you out, it's not good for sensitive skin and it's overpriced.

Guest Edith
Guest Edith

It's very light for a 30spf sunscreen and it did make my skin kinda smooth on the first few days. I have very sensitive skin, after some continuous days of use I did start to get blotches and my skin got really raw. It's also a bit pricy for a moisturizer/sunscreen Would use on occasions but not every day. I guess it will have different reactions to different skin type so it pays to test it before you buy if you can.

Guest Jess
Guest Jess

Glowing skin after 2 days of use Contact dermatitis after the second day. Though I have been using this in conjunction with the cleanser so it could be that, but now my face is red, thick and scaly, and dry and itchy. I was looking forward to having this work for me :( Test patch first!!!

Guest Kraezi
Guest Kraezi

This moisturizer is really wonderful. I use it two or three times a day, depending on if I wear makeup or not. It doesn't break me out at all and it leaves my skin feeling very soft. None My skin isn't shiny any more during the day and it keeps my skin from drying out. It is wonderful, use it!

Comments

gave me radiant,healthy, flawless skin to begin with it was'nt that good anymore. it completely broke out my skin. i guesse it works on different types of skin since mine is really sensitivet to this. loved it in the begining but realy dissapointed me at the end since i only used it for a week. made me get a lot of acne on my face.

Guest wendy
Guest wendy

really goood moisturizer! it's discontinued : ( i bought this 2 years ago at BIG LOTS it was $8.00 (i think they stocked up because it going to discontinue) and i remember that this brightened up my complexion and did everything the box said, it lasted a long time too and it only has 1 ounce note; i didn't have acne when i used this

Guest marie
Guest marie

Wonderful. Gets rid of spots while brightening skin. Get lots of compliments and I am 50. It makes me look very young. Very gentle and not greasy. I love this product It has been discontinued! I was paying $16=$17 a tube. But it is a lot less expensive on ebay. Even though it is past the expiration date, it still works great on my skin. I have been able to find it for a great price on [link removed]

Guest Tammy
Guest Tammy

since it has been discontinued, I suggest trying Neutrogena Pore Refining Cream spf 15 . it contains retinol, avobenzone sunscreen and Alpha Hydroxy Acids. $15 or Alpha Hydrox Retinol Night ResQ it has retinol as well as antioxidant vitamins E and C and an anti irritant.. Fragrance free but no spf $15.00

Guest Ren
Guest Ren

Pretty good actually after i used it it make my skin feel fresh and even out my red marks.....it smells so good it also made my skin feel smooth none so far i have only used this for three days and it makes my face look great...i recommend this to anyone =]

Popular With SPF