Aveda Outer Peace Acne Relief Kit Reviews

Brand: Aveda

Aveda Outer Peace Acne Relief Kit

NO NO

Used it for good 3 months without the pads. In the beginning it looked liked it worked but then after a month it completely stopped. The spot relief did nothing to the acne even when i applied it faithfully every night to an active acne. I can still feel bumps on my skin.So Ive stopped using it and will not purchase it ever again.

Fantastic so far...

Clean feeling skin Clearer skin Happier me Cost (however, I have saved money in the long term) I've had issues with mild acne for about 3 years now, and have tried heaps of products and dietary adaptations, with nothing providing the desired results. My hairdresser recommended the Aveda Acne Relief Kit, claiming it was the only thing that worked for him (he had also tried the works, including laser acne treatment). I've been using Aveda for only a month, and the results are ridiculously amazing. My skin feels clean, and spot free, and even scars are slowly disappearing. I generally use the cleanser and moisturiser at night (when I have more time) and the relief pads in the morning (I've found pads to be most beneficial). Honestly, if you've been tossing up between different products, I'd give this a shot for sure. If you're short on money, I'd stick with the blemish relief pads. I feel like I'm promoting Clearasil on a morning show program! But it honestly worked for me!

Comments

- Gentle beyond comparison in the world of acne products, yet very effective. - Plant-based, very soothing and calming to the skin. - Aveda made this line with the first ever organically derived salicylic acid (from wintergreen). - Boasts a really nice, non-synthetic aroma. This is HUGE. Synthetic aromas often aggravate acne, significantly. - Made by the best of the best. Aveda has a rock-solid mission and products that do just what they claim. - May not 'cure' moderate to severe acne on its own. But in all fairness, we cannot expect the chemical potency often required in an effective acne treatment from Aveda - known for using functional botanical ingredients. - $$$. A little on the expensive side (significantly more here in Canada), but WELL worth it. Be sure not to use excessive amounts - it's very concentrated. This is a tried and true, premium system of products. I found it VASTLY beneficial combined with a topical prescription (clyndamycin/hydrogen peroxide gel). On its own, the topical prescription left my skin in rough shape. With Outer Peace, I noticed ZERO irritation and quicker results. Here are my comments on each product: 1. FOAMING CLEANSER: It's very easy not to use the cleanser effectively. You DO NOT need more than one or two pumps. You DO need to work it into a lather. Apply it onto your face rather than emulsifying it in your hands first. 2. ACNE RELIEF PADS: These can be cut in half and are just as effective. They should be gently applied to your skin, not scrubbed in. 3. ACNE SPOT RELIEF: If you want to cut the cost down even more, I would say this is the only product in the system that isn't essential to achieving results. 4. ACNE RELIEF LOTION: Balances moisture levels very well and gives your skin a healthy glow. 5. COOLING MASQUE: Some might skip out on this step, but honestly, NOTHING I've used works better at reducing inflammation. It will also last you quite a bit longer than the rest of the products, since you don't want to use it daily. Once weekly works well! If you can afford it, the facial Aveda offers in its spas can really supplement the results you'll see from the products.

Comments

Great lotion with the kit, smells good, leaves your face feeling great, doesn't dry it out Expensive, does not foam up really great, runs out quickly, seems like I have more acne now. I will continue to use the lotion, it is the best mosturizer I've found on the market. I've been using this kit for 3 months now, and have not noticed a huge difference. I have adult acne, and before just a problem area on my chin. Now I have acne all along my jaw line that was not there before.

Comments

drastically changed the quality of my skin over a long period of time - used for over a yr now very gentle natural expensive! If you've got the money and maybe moderate acne - this is a good product to invest in. I personally only use the cleanser and mosturizer - I found the other products to make no difference whether I used them or not. The cleanser is pretty nice - it dissolves make up and oil almost instantaneously - and unlike a lot of other powerful cleanser it doesn't leave your skin super dry. The mosturizer also has excellent balancing qualities. It's light - but not so light that you end up dry in the combination zones. Good product - would highly recommend if nothing else is working for you

Comments

Smells really good and it is not harsh on your skin. It does not work. Since I started to use this product it seems I breakout more often than usual Really expensive and not worth it. I just asked to get my money back

Guest Mel
Guest Mel

Cleanser made my skin feel soft andsmooth, natural plant ingredients, helped somewhat with acne but not the total cure The acne pads are a bit harsh, the lotion was making my skin dry so i mixed it together with another hydrating lotion (the spf 15 toumaline charged protecting lotion) and got much better results I do not think you need to use all the products together, actually using all of them together every day and night made my skin dry. I love the cleanser and use that on a daily basis, but the pads i only use 3-4x a week when my skin gets a bit oily. The lotions work better when mixed. If it is too expensive for you to get all of the products, I would go with the cleanser and lotion.

Comments

Gentle, smells good, the mask it came with had immediate results with red spots. Did not clear up my face, at some points throughout the 3 months my face got worse. Very expensive. I would not suggest this product. It is expensive and did not work as advertised. I used it consistently for 3 months with no results.

Comments

this product is effective in clearing up acne and yet gentle on the skin, not drying at all not any cons i have tried tons of acne lines and this is the first that has worked for me/ i get compliments on my skin now :)

Comments

Smells good. I have very mild acne problems, so mild I wouldn't technically consider it acne, just occasional pimples. I started using the Outer Peace line about 3 months ago and my skin has actually gotten slightly worse. I have had at least one pimple since I have been using it. I am switching to Exposed Skin Care line. It is too expensive and I do not think it works well for acne.

Guest Amber
Guest Amber

I have had cysts along my jawline for several months now, and since I started using Outer Peace two weeks ago, I haven't had any! I've tried Clinique, Biore, and other lines, and this is by far the best! EXPENSIVE. Around $100 for the lotion, pads, and foaming cleanser. If you have the money, try it. It definitely helped me.

Guest Steven
Guest Steven

none ive been using the products for about a month now. I had a normal acne problem when i started using it, but around the third week I started to see rashes on my forehead, which then i realised its very likely to be rosacea. Expensive trash ! If youre planning to buy it, dont. If you already have it, read my comment above !!

Guest Josh
Guest Josh

Does not make skin feel irritated. Like the earthy smell. Feels lightweight. Pads can feel harsh on severe acne. Price is expensive. I have been using this line for about 3 weeks now. I am still not sure how I feel about it as I feel as my acne is getting worse. I was an avid user of Proactiv. As I wanted to try something that would control my oily skin I opted to try this line. First week was great as my skin was not as oily. Second week I started to get more breakouts than usual. Third week I noticed my pores getting smaller but acne was still getting worse. They say it takes at least 4 weeks to get true results so I am not giving up on this product just yet. If my acne clears up within 6-8 weeks I will approve this product.

Guest Kayla
Guest Kayla

Works very well. Did not irritate my skin. Took three full weeks to really see major results. The cooling masque is awesome. Really too the red out of active pimples. none Don't use any acne product for only 1 week and give up! All skin is going to act up when you change your routine. go a full 3 weeks, you'll see the difference. Proactive made me a dry mess, this stuff is great!

Guest Stephanie
Guest Stephanie

Cleared up Acne, smells great, doesn't dry out skin, keeps working, very gentle. Nothing! I have probably tried every acne line out there, from cheap to expensive... and this line works. Simple as that. You do have to use them in a system to get the best results, because the products all balence out eachother. It took about 40 days to see complete results, about how long any product usually takes to work due to skin cell turnover. Anyways... get it! It works, doesn't dry out my skin, and is very gentle for my sensitive skin. Love love love!!

Guest Martin
Guest Martin

Its natural and good for the environment, smells great as well. Not as potent as other products no good on severe acne. A gentle product for mild acne that works well but should really only be used with other Aveda products. The Aveda Outer Peace Facials also worked wonders on my skin improving tone and appearance but can get a bit expensive at $100 each. I recommend using this great natural product if you suffer from mild acne or your skin react severely from other harsher products.

Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

Gentle yet effective. Natural, nice packaging. Doesn't irritate your skin at all. All products work in a different way. Can get expensive if you use the whole line, need to use exclusively and not really incorporate other products. Need to use all the time. Aveda is a great company, and they finally have an Acne product. It is natural, clean smelling and works well, but you do need to use it religiously and for the most part without any other products. I used this for about a year and my skin was pretty nice, with the exception of a few breakouts here and there. I did have to give it a good couple of months though to see great results. I also feel like it stopped working after a year. It is really gentle but it does keep skin clear without the irritation, redness, or dryness. I love the exfoliant pads - cut them in half and use them for twice as long.

Popular Over-the-counter treatments