Avalon Organics Facial Cleansing Gel Reviews

Avalon Organics Facial Cleansing Gel

Harsh ingredients

Smells great Probably okay for small T-Zone outbreaks Drying and irritating Causes inflammation on sensitive skin Too many ingredients At first this product SEEMS great but it contains ingredients that are extremely harsh and drying. These include citrus oils, too much aloe, etc. If your skin is even slightly sensitive, do not use this product. And do NOT use this product if most of your acne is on your cheeks. It's too drying. I had the same experience with the "cleansing milk" version. If you have sensitive skin, or your acne is mostly on your cheeks, it can turn your mild/moderate breakout into severe inflammation. It's much healthier (and less risky) to keep it simple with skin care. Just one glance at this product's huge ingredient list should tell you something. You're better off avoiding this and other gel/milk cleansers by Avalon. Ps. I found out the company changed the ingredients in this product about a year ago. Apparently it used to be pretty good.

Guest catlover
Guest catlover

Smells amazing to me!!!! Helps clear up acne Helps make acne less red Soothing Some people might find the smell unpleasant (i personally love it) None really!!! This face wash is great; I actually use the milk instead of the gel, but they are basically the same. I have moderate acne all over my face that is extremely stubborn and refuses to budge even when I try all different prescriptions :( However, the first day after using this face wash my acne looked better and less red!!!!! It is supposed to be moisturizing but I found that it dried my skin out a little (I have naturally very sensitive skin) so make sure you use a good moisturizer, preferably with SPF. Try it!!! You won't be disappointed!! (yeah, i know, i sound like a salesperson :D)

Comments

Ok I'm using the Cleansing MILK not the gel, but this stuff has done the following Its non irratating Leaves skin soft Hopefully will have some future benefits with my non inflamed pain in the ass acne Can't completely stop the oil from producing in my face, but what do you expect? Great, organic, smells nice, non irratating, smooth, and benefits your overall skin health. What more could you ask from a cleanser? One thing I'd also like to say is that some cleansers put a lot of good stuff in them, but most of it gets rinsed off after washing your skin with it. All I'm gonna say. If this is irratating get the Cleansing MILK not the gel.

Guest Kathy
Guest Kathy

Doesn't make my skin break out. Also doesn't make it tight or dry. Smells amazing! Skin isn't 100% perfect I would recommend this because it is really helping with my acne. It was so bad and it's finally getting better because of this!! I'm so excited about it!! It smells so good and hasn't made my skin break out. It isn't a miracle worker but it works well!!

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

Mild but effective. Smells divine. Lavender has always worked on my breakouts and this product is not as harsh as most chemicals. Very similar to L'Occitane, which is no longer available. Priced $8-$12, a little less than comparable. Priced higher than some of the same size but worth the price. Wish there was more than 7 oz for $8-$12 dollars. Happened upon this one in a store that had bought out a health food chain store and marked it at a deep discount. Was looking for something to replace L'Occitane lavender facial cleansing gel and this is almost identical. It was originally priced at $10. Looked it up online and checked price. Will be looking for more.

Guest 300076379
Guest 300076379

no harsh chemicals, SLS, parabens, lathers well, doesn't leave a tight feeling on skin or residue-like film... lavendar smell might not be agreeable to everyone given the price below $12CDN pretty good compared to more expensive brands with harmful ingredients

Popular Liquid