Aspirin Mask

Aspirin Mask Reviews

Holy sh*t

Aspirin is the miracle I needed for my skin 💖 I had had a couple of huge red pimples next to my nose and it had been a month since they first appeared, and they didn't seem like they were going away too soon... I honestly didn't believe this would work but I decided to give it a go... And the next day VOILA!!! The pimples were not red anymore and they had considerably shrank in size! I'm in love with aspirin and I'll keep on using them forever 💖

Great for cystic acne

I have really bad cystic acne on my back from hormones, sweat, and probably other factors. If I get a cyst, I will crush up a bit of aspirin, mix a drop or two of water with it, and pile a bunch on top of my cysts for spot treatment. I usually leave it on for about 20-30 minutes, and the cysts seem to be less swollen and less painful after washing it off. It's no miracle cure, but great for painful cysts.

Comments

Great spot treatment for those pesky, painful, persistent pimples

I LOVE ASPIRIN FOR ACNE. I first came across aspirin masks in high school from an old school Michelle Phan video: [link edited out] I used them about 1-3 times a week and noticed they were having an immediate effect, with my overall complexion improving within 1-2 weeks and with the larger, cystic pimples shrinking pretty much right away. This makes sense considering the masks are a combination of salicylic acid, exfoliation, and if you add honey, moisturizer (all important soldiers in the war against acne). The masks did not, however, completely cure my acne, and after a while seemed to lose its initial magical effect. I think this is because not only was my skin getting somewhat used to/resistant to the salicylic acid, the mask was still very drying for my dehydrated skin, and the harsh grains of the aspirin were too strong of an exfoliant for my sensitive skin on top of that. However, this is still an amazing spot treatment for painful, pus-filled cystic acne that can last up to a month and cause dark marks for weeks after. Not only does it immediately calm the pain and dry up any oozing, it also reduced the size and redness and helps them heal a lot faster. Since I'm going for the full drying effect for these types of pimples, I'll usually skip the honey and just crush one aspirin with a droplet or two of water to make a paste, rub them on and around the pimple, and leave it there until dried (about 5 minutes). Then I'll wash it off, ICE that sh*t to calm the swelling even more, pat dry with a clean towel, and put on a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide. Sometimes I'll even pop an ibuprofen if it's an especially painful one, or put on a Nexcare Acne patch if it's an especially oozy one. Thank you, Aspirin.

Comments

Clears redness, very drying.

I like to take two un-coated aspirins and let them sit in some water until I can mix it into a paste. I apply that to problem areas and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes then gently rinse off with lukewarm water. Redness is instantly reduced, but skin is severely dry. Applying an oil based moisturizer is a must after this. I use Nivea Soft with one drop of 100% tea tree oil. Works great!

Can be useful.

Oh, aspirin. This used to be the only thing that kept my skin clear. I would dissolve 5 or 6 uncoated tablets with enough water to make a thick paste and mix it with honey and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Probably better for those who are dealing with redness/clogged pores and a few break outs here and there. Unfortunately for me, now that I'm 23, my skin has been doing some weird stuff and this no longer helps with my breakouts, which tend to be deep, under the skin cysts. It's worth a try. See how it works for you. :)

For these deep cyst like acne lesions use peppermint oil.

Aspirin works well, just give it some time.

I often refrain from reviewing things online mostly due to my own dis belief about the efficacy of the product. I read a lot about aspirin mask on the Internet, watched a couple of reviews on YouTube and finally made up my mind to try it. Although i have quite mild acne vulgaris, I usually end up getting different types of acne - cysts, smaller ones and those that occur beneth the skin. I had moderate results from using benzoyl peroxide and accutane. I have tried aspirin on all types of acne and can confirm that it works well to reduce inflammation, redness on each types of it. If you suffer highly cystic acne then I suggest you have some patience and apply the mask or do a spot treatment atleast 3 times a week until it clears off. If you have sensitive skin then make sure you use an oil free cream after rinsing off the mask. Aspirin mask also helped with my acne scars a bit, they look 40% less visible than what they were before. If you're thinking whether or not to try it, I say give it a shot. Good luck people.

Uhm. HI so I am about to use the aspirin mask and I just wonna know how many times you do it to see results, how much time do you keep the mask on your skin and how visible the results on red spots is

.....

Honestly I tried it once, and it did nothing. I am not sure if you have to do it everyday, but I read somewhere that if you do it for a day, you should see the effects by the next day, which is probably not true, but still .Idk! Give it a try!

what are you even supoosed to do with it

awesomeeee... fastest method... everyone must try

I have been applying aspirin mask just from last 5 days... and not even a single popup is there.... i have never reviewed anything on internet... but when anything helps you this way... its a sin not to appreciate it... Go ahead frndz... mix 6-7 aspirin tablets (disprin in india..just rs5 for 10 tablets) with one tablespoon of water and apply the paste(some may call it a peel) on your face evenly..let it dry for 10 mins... then wash it off... You can see the results even in 12 hours off application.... Thanks everyone....have a try..

Actually I made the paste of almost 10 tablets and lot much paste is left so can we use it the nxt day or have to make it new its colour is smewat change frm white to light pink

GREAT

I have been using an aspirin mask for the past 5 days and the results are truly wonderful. I have tried every product under the sun for my oily/acne prone skin and this is far and away the very best investment , not only is it dirt cheap-it works! I think the reason the previous reviewers didn't like it was because they used it with vinegar,which I think is way too harsh to mix with aspirin. After a bit of experimentation I've found that yoghurt is the best base, (vinegar, too drying) aloe vera is ok, but yoghurt (has lactic acid) counterbalances the slight astringent effect of the aspirin and is nicely moisturising. More importantly it is hard to make a decent "mask" with water and vinegar, you need something gloopy that will stay on the skin, water based aspirin masks flake off rather messily. instead crush 5 or so tablets into a powder with the back of a spoon or dissolve them in a few drops of water, and then add a little natural yoghurt,(maximises the efficacy of the mask) massage on in circular movements (it feels grainy,like a scrub) and leave on for 15 mins . When you have rinsed it off you should have really soft & smooth,fresh-looking skin. It also calms redness & heals acne scars ,and overall balances tone.

Comments

Really helps bring down inflammation

Aspirin masks have treated me so well! Have done this (crushed up a few aspirin and mixed with water to apply to face) for like 3 years now. It's not some kind of cure, but it takes down inflammation quick and quite effectively, so when I get a breakout and my face is red and irritated, I love doing this mask to calm my skin down. It is drying, so afterwords use your regular toner and moisturizer or whatever you typically would do.

great

This is great if you have breakouts and you are looking for a cheap and effective way to treat your skin. i use one pill mixed with a little water & abit of honey to keep it gentle enough for frequent use. Doesn't dry my skin out this way, and I'm not worried about overdoing it on the aspirin.

Comments

I love it for overnight spot treatment

This is honestly great for upcoming big breakouts, or pimples that may be really red or painful. My birthday was the other day and about 5 days before I felt a painful pimple on my cheek coming up. I used this mask on it before it came to a head, and everyday just on the pimple and within the 5 days it came, formed on my face, and left. The aspirin helped it to not be painful to the touch, and it also dried out the pimple and it was flat and pretty much completely gone by the time as my birthday came. I love this stuff. I usually just use one pill and like a couple of drops of water just so i can crush it into a slight paste for spot treatment overnight. Or if I feel like it I may mix about 7 aspirin with water or an oil and apply it as a full mask.

Great For Swelling

If you have cystic acne this is a great treatment as it helps to ease swollen or irritated skin. It also helps with other forms of acne, it just seems to do the most good with cystic acne. It's great if you're travelling and don't have access to other facial treatments as it's simple and easy to whip up. By the way if you don't have any aspirin I found that ibuprofen works too. For my aspirin mask I take 1-2 aspirin and dissolve them in some lemon juice then mix in a bit of tea trea oil. I apply it to my face with a cotton pad and then leave it for as long as possible (if I'm short for time 20 minutes will be sufficient). It isn't the strongest treatment in the world but it's effective enough and I like that it's all natural.

No problems here!

I have a terrible habit of popping pimples for too long. I just sit at my mirror and pick away at the smallest blemishes and then all of the sudden my whole face is red. This is obviously my fault lol. So at night, after my pimple fest is over, I only crush up one Aspirin with a few drops of water & do a spot treatment on my redness. After about 30 minutes, I rinse it off with hot water and then again with cold water. If anyone is expecting Kim Kardashian skin afterwards, you're a silly goose. In conclusion: for me, the redness goes away completely, and my pimple is usually gone/tamed by morning.

good overnight spot treatment

an aspirin mask is actually a great overnight quick spot treatment when crushed and mixed with water. I recommend applying this paste directly onto the spot and leaving it overnight. an aspirin mask is good for spots as it actually contains a high amount of salicylic acid in its ingredients, this is great for unclogging the pores temporarily and getting rid of the spot. however do not rely on this as a cure to acne or an acne treatment as salicylic acid has to be used continuously over a course of time for best results because it only unclogs pores it does not get rid of bacteria/acne so once the salicylic acid is removed off the skin it leaves the pore open again to acne causing bacteria and infection. I would only recommend this if you are trying to get rid of a spot for the next day or a big event. for a more long term treatment for spots and acne try using other methods.

try it

after reading good reviews about aspirin mask so i tried it and see good result. i used crush aspirin mix abit with water and gently applied to my face and let sit for about 15 mins then wash it off i use this it daily when I'm having bad breakouts and it works great for me. my skin feel soft and the redness is reduces.

Comments

It works- as a spot treatment

I have used it for my cystic/harmonal acne. I haveused lemon juice and crushed aspirin and when I apply it topically and leave it for 30 min, it reduces the inflammation and reduces the size of the acne . I usually repeat it daily and I have noticed that it does not leave a deep scar/mark.

Which??

I have a question, I am concerned about one thing;the type of aspirin to use. I dont want to do anything off and cause more acne, and i dont want to go to school tomorrow with this acne on my NOSE. so can anyone specify which aspirin, or can we use any aspirin?

I would recommend uncoated Aspirin. It's easier to break up and mix. Most brands of uncoated Aspirin don't have any other ingredients, so you should be fine. Here's an example from Amazon: [link removed]
Well they removed my link, so I would search Geri-Care bottled aspirin on Amazon. Hope that helps!

Amazing

I used crushed aspirin and pure honey and used it as spot treatment on a large painful pimple on my chin. I had already popped it so it was sore, red and huge. I put the "mask" on it yesterday around 5pm and once again today around 7am and besides some dry flaking skin it's flat and just red/scabbed now. It's amazing and I wish I would have tried this before!!