Argan Oil Argan Oil Reviews

Brand: Argan Oil

Argan Oil Argan Oil

Finally!

I've struggled with hormonal acne in addition to hyperpigmentation since I was about 13 and I'm nineteen now. At first, I stopped eating any type of dairy and my major breakouts ceased. I was wearing makeup daily and my skin wasn't improving, but it wasn't really worsening either. I still had minor breakouts from time to time. Then, I completely stopped wearing makeup to focus on the health of my skin. I tried various skin cleansing routines that I thought were improving my skin, but they were really just making things worse by clogging my pores. 2 months ago I completely stopped washing my face. I only used 1 product twice daily and that was Mario Badescu Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion and I instantly started seeing improvement and my dark spots were fading! I've been through multiple products and I have never seen results so soon like within a week of use. I've also started birth control within the last two months so, that stopped my breakouts completely. Recently, a week or so, I've added Argan Oil into my routine and it's like it has sped up the healing process for my dark spots and every day I see more improvement. I have combo skin and it just makes my skin so moisturized. Wish I could've found these products earlier in life! Getting closer to completely clear skin.

Comments

Where has this been all my life?

I have had a raging case of hormonal acne I believe due to a hormonal imbalance since I had my second child 3 years ago. I've always been acne prone, but nothing like this. I get cysts all over my neck, and non-cystic breakouts everywhere else, along with recent spots of eczema. I've tried nearly everything except accutane. Currently, I am 3 weeks into using Teddie Organics Agran Oil (plus maca root supplements), and WOW is all I can say. I'm using it under makeup and at night after cleansing. It soaks right in and just feels so nourishing. I have barely any active acne and no eczema left. I'm hoping it will continue to go to work on my scarring and severe melasma.

Cystic Acne

I have had acne since I was 13yr old; I am 25 now, I use the Argan oil and Retin -A- 0.05 cream. My skin is a combination of oily and dry... I use Aragan oil every day morning and night (at night I use it 30min after applying the Retin -A- cream). So far so good I have been using the oil for 2+ months and have seen a huge difference in my skin before I was just using the Retin -A- cream and it made my skin really dry but I was still getting brake outs but since I added the oil, I have less brake out and they aren't as deep or huge as they use to be, they also heal wayyy faster than before. Its not a cure but it help a lot!!!

Amazing

I have combination skin and acne in specific areas,dry patches it others. Recently I discovered non comodegic oils and decided to buy argan oil to moisturize. It works WONDERS. The first time I tried it I used 5 drops (I tried 3 first like everyone recommends,but it didn't cover my whole face) it feels REALLY oily and I was inclined to take it off. I slept on it and the next morning it was fully absorbed. I was scared this would break me out since it's an oil,but it doesn't. It has no effect on my acne,but my dry patches have definitely improved. 100% recommend this

Also I've found after a few days of using it my face can handle it better and it doesn't look as oily

Clearest skin ever

Argan is antimicrobial, gentle, and has no cholesterol, so it is a very clean 'dry' oil. I've used it on my face, hair, and body for over four years and swear by it. After a lifetime of cystic acne and horrible skin, I can now go bare faced. I wash my face like normal, and do not dry it. While my skin is still wet, I take 2 or 3 drops of oil and rub my hands together, then massage it into my skin. A little goes a long way! Putting it on wet skin helps lock in moisture and helps ensure I don't out too much on. However, it is a nut based oil, so if you have but allergies or sensitivity beware. Most times I find that someone has problems with argan it is either an unknown nut sensitivity or they aren't washing their face often enough.

When is the best time to apply this if one has an active treatment for acne? Is it before applying the acne treatments? Thank you for replying

Game changer!

Earlier this year I was suffering from cystic acne, dark scars, and lots of the products I would use would leave my skin dry, causing me to overproduce oil. my Walmart was selling organic argan oil for about $6 for 2oz (wish I stocked up because they no longer sell this brand) and it changed my life... Disclaimer: I am also on birth control which may have had an effect on my results, but I was on birth control even when I had the acne earlier this year. I was wearing makeup every single day to hide my problematic skin. I began using the argan oil to remove makeup, and after washing/ exfoliating I would use a few more drops to moisturize, sometimes with a bit of tea tree oil. I slowly got rid of the SPF moisturizer I had been using for years (argan oil has a high level of natural SPF) and argan oil became my staple moisturizer. What's best is that it is natural and has multiple uses (hair, skin, nails, etc) I've been using argan for about 3 months now.. My skin is now glowy but not oily, my dark spots on my face are nearly faded and my skin looks amazing. I don't break out nearly as much as I used to. It's been a while since I've felt confident enough with my skin to go out in public bare faced. Important tip!! READ THE INGREDIENTS: the argan oil I was using originally (spring valley) also had grapeseed oil, almond oil and avocado oil in it. It still worked excellently for my skin as these are very excellent products for skin. But many companies will try to sell you a sunflower oil or synthetic oil based product as argan oil. So turn the bottle around and if argan oil is 4th amongst a list of other oils, or is not the only ingredient you see, find a different product!

Love it

I use argan oil with jojoba oil every morning and night, and it not only cleared my skin from breakouts, but also is an amazing moisturizer and primer for makeup. Just make sure to use only a drop, a little goes a long way.

Comments

I love it for my dry areas but it's also responsible for some major breakouts

I suffer from dry hands and elbows. I swear by argan oil as a treatment for these and I've had no problems at all that is however until I started using it as a hair treatment for dry and damaged hair. As much as it did wonders for my hair, it ended up making my scalp absolutely covered in acne. I've never been an acne sufferer. This is the only change I've made to my hair rourine and im certain the argan oil has caused this. Be careful with it.

I have used argan for over four years, on my face, body and hair. I've found with my hair that I have to do a 'reset' about once every 4-6 weeks or it just gets too overloaded. I use Dawn dish detergent and scrub my scalp (not the full length of my hair, just along my scalp and hair line), rinse, then wash as normal. That seems to have solved any issues, and my hair looks great now!

Amazing oil!

I love this oil! I use it every night, two drops of it in my face. I have sensitive skin but acne prone at the same time. This oil doesn't clog my pores and reduces irritation, so less acne :) It really soothes my skin and leaves it Nice and moisturized :)

YES, YOU CAN USE IT

I'm soooo glad this stuff exists. Back when my acne was pretty bad and I was still ironing out the kinks in my lifestyle habits to clear up my skin, this stuff was awesome. I've probably tried 10 other oils for my face, and this is the ONLY one that didn't clog my pores, back when I had active acne (hormonal, cystic, painful, bleh) and REALLY acne-prone skin. It was a wonderful feeling to finally find a moisturizer I could "set and forget" -and focus my efforts on other stuff in my life causing acne. I would give Argan oil 10 stars if I could. Love it!!

Side note: I see a few reviewers had side effects, so just to clear up confusion I will also say the brand I use consistently is Acure Organics, usually found at Whole Foods/Amazon/etc. Not sure if different brands give different results ...also, it'a always a good idea to get 100% Argan oil. I wouldn't mess around with additives. Also also, make sure to apply it to a clean, freshly washed face. It works well for oil cleansing if you're into that too. But no need to overdo it, as with anything in life. :)

Great, gentle moisturizer.

I use organic argan oil (Pura D'or on Amazon) and it has been working well for me. I use CeraVe foaming cleanser in the morning and put this on before my powder foundation. I find it is best to put on two pumps, wait 10 seconds, then dab my face with a towel. It really moisturizes without clogging pores or making my skin greasy. At night, I use aloe vera gel. This combo has really helped my skin heal and seem healthy and plumper.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Seriously, a miracle in a bottle! How can something so lightweight (not sticky/heavy/sludgy feeling, like olive oil) be so moisturizing? I don't know, probably witch craft. I put ONE drop on my whole face after washing and toning, and it makes my skin feel velvety smooth! I love that it's almost impossible for it to give you acne (so long as you wash your face regularly while using it, no matter how many spells have been put on it, it IS still an oil and all oils have pore clogging potential) and it makes my face feel better than almost any other moisturizer I've tried! I love that it's natural, so my skin isn't absorbing any crap, and it's suppose to help combat wrinkles and signs of aging! Like I said, this stuff has been bewitched, it's just too amazing. My skin is naturally very oily, and if yours is too I recommend only using ONE drop on your entire face. If you have normal skin, up it to two. Dry skin, 3. Remember, less is more. Honestly, I'll probably be using Argan oil as a facial (and also hair, it's great for making your hair super shiny and soft, and again not sticky feeling like olive oil) for the rest of my life! it's just that good.

While all oils have clogging potential argan oil is great because on a zero to five scale (0 being doesn't clog pores and 5 being definitely clogs pores) argan scores a 0. For checking out comodegenic stuff, not just oils but waxes, detergents, etc. This site is helpful: https://[link removed] I love it because I have super sensitive skin and knowing in advance what and what not to look for is helpful. Argan oil for me hasn't been a hail Mary so to speak but I have nothing bad to say about it either. It moisturizes my combination skin well without over oiling my t zone while still successfully removing the flakes and moisturizing my cheeks. I've even seen a little bit of my hyperpigmentation go away which rocks because on my pale skin a slight rosy color on most people looks firetruck red on me XD

Beware!

I've experimented with oils in the past for my acne (coconut, olive and now argan). Note that I do my research before starting any new natural treatment, and I found that this oil was non-comedogenic meaning that it is the least likely to clog pores. But This oil gave me the worst breakout I've ever experienced, and I am 100% sure that the argan oil is causing my breakouts. I have been applying to my skin, then rinsing it with warm water before going to sleep. Within the first week huge red acne dotted my cheeks, and since I don't usually break out there, I figured this new facial wash routine was causing my breakout. I say its worth a try, but beware if your skin reacts negatively to other oils that rate higher on the comedogenic scale.

Me too! I did not even put it on my face. My husband put it on his beard. I got no less than 10 pimples around my mouth from quick goodbye kisses! It has happened more than once and I am 100% sure that is what caused my breakout... If he keeps using that stuff he wont get any kisses from me!
Argan oil is rated as a 0, meaning it does not clog pores. [link removed]
[link removed]
Argan is antimicrobial, and has no cholesterol, so it is a very light, 'dry' oil. HOWEVER, it is a nut oil, so I always let my clients know to check with their doctor to see if they have a topical nut allergy if they have breakouts using it!

Miraculous!

This argan oil really works. I've been using it for 3 months around my eyes, forehead, and bald spots on my head. I've never had lines on my forehead I just put the oil to prevent them. Well my wife noticed that the fine lines on my eyes had dissapeared. She doesn't know I'm using the oil. Hair is growing on the bald spots! I've had those bald spots for several years, but hair has grown back. I'm AMAZED!

Comments

The only moisturiser that DOESN'T break me out! I swear by it!

Ok, so I've tried so many different moisturisers to get rid of my flaky skin from using multiple harsh products to banish acne. It seems ALL of my moisturisers break me out though, and my skin enjoys being dry/tight/flaky - as that seems to be the only way of me NOT breaking out! Since trying PURE Argan oil, (Forget that extracted stuff) I just seems to not break out! Its got to a point now where I use this stuff day and night to STOP acne, let alone keep my skin soft and hydrated! I recommend this product to anyone wanting to fight acne naturally and keep there skin nice and hydrated! It smells great, does the job and I swear by it!

Comments

Don't be scared that its oil!!

Absorbs fast Lasts for ever cause you're not using much! No residue if you don't go crazy It is expensive at first but last forever!! Seriously that's it!! Ok I have had acne since I was 14. Horrible horrible acne. On my face. My neck. My back. And I lived in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere so I didn't have a lot of resources! No one told me that sleeping in makeup made it worse too! Anyways I'm 31 now and you guessed it, still have it! Though not near as bad. Mostly under my chin and here and there on my back. I am on an antibiotic but it still isn't keeping it at bay :( Anyways I have super dry skin when I don't moisturize and oily when I do and most every moisturizer breaks me out eventually. I came across Josie Maran argan oil at sephora two years ago and the lady convinced me to take a sample. It was hard at first getting over the stigma of putting oil on my face but let me tell you this stuff is amazing!! Truly!! I never break out from it. It soaks in and if you don't over do it (I mean 3 drops is plenty for my face and neck!) there isn't any residue!! So I wash my face with REN rosa centifolia face wash then pat dry then get my hands damp and put 3 drops of the argan oil in my palm and rub my hands together. Then I spread it evenly over my face and neck! It's wonderful!!

Guest Lily London
Guest Lily London

Really moisturising, got rid of blackheads and breakouts. None yet... It is AMAZING! Found this on a little stall and it works miracles! Really deserves the name liquid gold, can't recommend it enough!

Comments

Moisturizing Clears Skin Gentle Cheap (where I got it) Makes face feel oily LOVE IT. I put a bit on my finger and gently rub into my face every night before I go to sleep. I got 7lbs. for $70 because I bought it wholesale in really lame packaging.It cleared up my skin. The first day I used it, I had a breakout. The next day, it went away.

Popular Household/Natural