Aquaphor Healing Ointment Reviews

Brand: Aquaphor

Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Great but should only use every once in a while

Perfect for lips, but not ideal for long term use on facial skin. Helps heal things very quickly, but will clog pores and encourage blackheads over time as it is a very thick oil/jelly. I only use it when my skin is super dry and peeling and in pain- this really helps overnight and won't break me out if I just use it once in a while. Useful but be careful!

Works Great on Acne

I have used many different acne treatments over the years and none have helped as much as Aquaphor. I'm assuming this is because it helps with reducing redness and shortening healing time. I am currently using it while on Accutane and it's helping my lips and skin. If you need something different to try that may help, try Aquaphor.

Great for those on Accutane

Really good lip balm for those who are suffering from dry lips as a side effect of their accutane treatment. I like to slather it on before bed and wake up with baby soft lips in the morning. Have also used it to good effect on dry elbows.

Clear-as-Day

Miraculous

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This is pretty much a miracle in a jar/tube. I used it on my lips during my accutane course, and it was the *only* thing that brought them any relief. No matter how dry, irritated, red, and inflamed my lips became (e.g. I once lost my tube of aquaphor during a ski trip, so they suffered for a few days before I was able to get a new one), this seemed to instantly heal them and removed all pain once I slathered it on. This is an excellent all-around moisturizer. I continue to use it on my lips 4.5 years later because no lip balm I have tried since has measured up, but I also use a small amount on eczema patches, on the occasional flaky patches on my face in the winter, on my hands and feet when they get extra dry, on my scalp when it gets a little flaky, and on any other part of my body as needed. I have naturally very dry skin all over, so this has become my little cure-all for issues of dryness. I used to carry a small, lip-balm-sized tube just for my lips, but now I keep a larger tube in my purse at all times for all these purposes. A little of this stuff goes a long way, so it lasts a long time. Could not recommend this highly enough!

Comments

LIFE SAFER FOR CLARAVIS/ACCUTANE INDUCED DRY LIPS!

Regular use prevents pain! Someone told me to try this on my lips while I went through my first round of Claravis, and while I don't think anything can keep your lips and skin "normal" while taking accutane, THIS was a huge relief for the lips in terms of pain! After trying a ton of other lip balms, this was the one I consistently went back to and would actually nearly cry when I couldn't find it when my lips hurt. It's worth it to try, and try to stay consistent during treatment. That was almost 4 years ago for me now, and I still use it to this day when my lips get really dry.

LIFE SAVER

gets rid of dryness feeling immediately, doesn't burn you can find it anywherw a little goes a long way you look a bit greasy, but WHO CARES!! Literally never thought of putting this on my face. But DK's regimen is literally sucking out all of the moisture. My skin burned like hell as well. I usually always put this on my lips as a fabulous lip balm, but i figured what's the harm in putting in on my face since i had been in so much pain. I even cried once cause the BP burned my skin and any moisturizer would burn even more. IT WAS HELL. So I put some Aloe vera gel to cool my skin off first and then applied this right after and wow. I CAN ACTUALLY MOVE MY FACE.

AMAZING!

does not clog pores healing new scars amazing for dry skin I was skeptical about this product because its mineral oil and petrolatum. But I was desperate one day because i popped a pimple incorrectly and cause the skin to rip off in that area. The scrape was red and stinging so i decided to put Aquaphor on it because it said "healing ointment". And the the next day, the scab was fully developed! By the middle of the third day, the scrap easily came off and the scar mark is very subtle. I cant believe that a scrape that can take up to a week to heal healed in less that 3 days! I also use this on my dry patches and it works wonderfully! My advice to you all who are skeptical of mineral oil or petrolatum, I was also and tried it out on a small spot on my face and it did amazing work, To whoever is suffering from dry, acne-prone, and scarred skin, please give this product a try. I really hope this review help someone.

Works!

Healing Soothing Fragrance Free I use this product on my lips, around my eyes and as an all over facial moisturizer at night before I apply my 10% BP. You only need a tiny bit, less than a pea size to thoroughly moisturize all those areas. It's the only thing that heals the dryness/flakiness caused by the BP and it never clogs my pores. I buy the 1.75 oz tube b/c it's more hygienic than the jar.

Comments

- Very moisturizing, great for dry patches and around eyes - Has never made me break out - Moisturizes without drying my skin out afterwards (like many products with alcohol do) Can be a little heavy if you overdo it but that's a nitpick Love this product! I use it on my lips and around my eyes at night. I don't recommend it as a facial moisturizer but I have occasionally used it on dry patches and it has never made me break out - possibly because it's water-based. It's highly moisturizing, great for the winter. Use it on your hands and feet - especially nice with socks on! Great for small cuts and scrapes and I find it helps soothe open blemishes (use lightly) Also great for preventing chapped cheeks in the winter and preventing diaper rash! If used lightly, a tub will last you forever! Tube is great for travel

Guest Sabrina
Guest Sabrina

helps cracked & dry lips, don't have to reapply multiple times throughtout the day unless you use the perfect amount(which I just guess correctly some days), it gives you that little white line of build up that you have to wipe off I hate lipbalm/chapstick SO much. It works horribly for me, my lips already feel dry and cracked ten minutes after using it. The topical I'm using, like most, can cause dry lips, so I needed to find SOMETHING. aquaphor is like a God-sent. If you can find it in the tiny travel size 2 packs, get it! Its just the size of a lipgloss, and you can throw it in your purse.

Popular Dry/Sensitive