Ampicillin Oral Antibiotic Reviews

Brand: Ampicillin

Ampicillin Oral Antibiotic

Helped at first

I am angry at myself for taking this stuff - the derm just seemed so confident and I was unaware of how badly antibiotics can hurt you. I may seem hypocritical because I am taking Accutane, but antibiotics can really mess you up. It helped my for a few months, but I broke out right after I stopped taking it worse. I started again, it kina helped, then stopped again and broke out badly. An endless cycle. I would not recommend, but this is purely my own opinion. If your derm recommends it, listen to him/her and come to a conclusion. This is my opinion.

My opinion of Ampicillin

The following statements are my experiences and my opinions. I was put on Ampicillin along with a couple other prescriptions. I experienced headaches, shortness of breath, and I got sick much more often because antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your gut. On top of all of this, it did very little to help my acne.

Comments

Clearned blackheads Didn't clear acne I took Ampicillin for 6 months in 2011, and again for 6 months in 2012-13. Dosages were 250mg and then 500mg. I've noticed I no longer have blackheads, but this did not help my nodular acne. ALSO - this made me violently ill, throwing up a lot, first time I took it. I was so scared that I didn't take it again for 2 months. But, then I took it with food. My bottle said to take 2 hours before food and 2 hours after food - turns out the pharmacy put that on there for no reason - check with your doc about when to take it.

Guest Stephen
Guest Stephen

Reduces whiteheads drastically within a week. Causes gas. This antibiotic has improved the appearance of my skin tremendously. I am taking 3x500mg/day. If you have a lot of whiteheads, consider this drug. The first week I was on it, it was like magic. It cleared all my bumps but left red marks that are supposedly going to go away. This has improved my skin, but I don't have much faith in it completely clearing my acne, as it is pretty severe.

Popular Oral