Almay Clear Complexion Makeup Reviews

Brand: Almay

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup

Ehhh, not my thing.

Coverage isn't the best and I didn't see any improvements after months of use. It goes on smooth and it's good if you want quick coverage, but I wouldn't use this all the time. There's better stuff out there.

What do you consider to be *better stuff* ???? Currently on the hunt for liquid foundation.

good brand but not the greatest product

The coverage is good but can get a bit cakey. Idk why but almost any foundation/concealer/pressed powder formulated to clear acne always has very yellowy/orange undertones?? This foundation runs a bit dark for anyone who's pretty pale. Actually, I recommend Almay's TLC liquid foundation instead of this stuff. The clear complexion foundation made me breakout occasionally and it didn't stay matte for long. Not great for naturally oily skin. On the other hand, the TLC foundation kept my skin matte for most of the day , had great coverage, didn't look very cakey, came in lighter shades, but is just a little tough to remove.

eh

i thought this was my holy grail but unfortunately it clogged my pores. When i first started wearing it i was inlove because it looked amazing, controlled oil, and i even got a few compliments on my skin. I was using the matching concealer too. After a few weeks of wear, i was getting into my car during a sunny day and caught a glimpse of my reflection in the window and saw MANY clogged pores on my cheeks :( i stopped using it and they went away. After some time I decided to try another almay foundation because the brand seems so promising with the oil free, noncomedogenic claims, but the same thing happened with the clogged pores. Sigh.

Comments

my skin has never looked better!

Since I started using Almay clear complexion liquid foundation, my skin has been clear. I haven't had one breakout since. It is a wonderful product and I am so happy to use it. I have sensitive skin plus oily skin. This is the best makeup I have ever used. I have to use two layers to get the coverage I want but it is worth it!

Light coverage but buildable

I have very very sensitive skin with sporadic cystic acne breakouts on my chin. I used to use Mac pro long wear but it was breaking me out like crazy. This foundation is nowhere near as thick of coverage, but it doesn't irritate my skin or make the breakouts worse. If I have a bad pimple, I use the clear complexion concealer as well. It's lightweight, natural looking and overall a good choice for people trying to cover but not make anything worse.

Cruelty-Free and Flawless Coverage

Excellent coverage, does not crease in laugh lines Cruelty-free (not tested on animals) Non-comedegenic and does not dry skin None! :) I am 27 and have had mild to moderate acne since my teens. I have used Neutrogena Skin-Clearing foundation for the past few years and was mostly pleased with it, until I found out that Neutrogena still tests on animals. Wanting to avoid hypocrisy as a cruelty-free advocate, I begrudgingly decided to make the switch and try a new foundation. I found out all Almay products are hypoallergenic, non-comedegenic, and the best part--Almay never tests on animals. I had low expectations when using their Clear Complexion makeup, but was determined to show my friends how painless it is to transition to cruelty-free living after doing a few minutes of research. All I can say is that I wish I'd made the switch sooner--this foundation provides excellent coverage and matches my skin tone (very light) better than any foundation I've ever tried before, including Revlon, CoverGirl, and Clinique (all of which test on animals). It doesn't clog my pores, nor does it show the creases around laugh lines easily or dry out my skin. Five stars for so many reasons, I'll never go back.

Not great

Salicylic acid Poor colour range Drying and unnatural looking Poor coverage and difficult to remove This stuff stains my hand where I apply the product and use my foundation brush to apply to face. Can be really hard to get off. Not very good coverage. Which is stupid, because people who will buy a foundation with salicylic acid will need good coverage for their blemishes. Not enough shades. Lightest shade is too warm and dark. Turns even more orange after application. Looks flakey on dry skin. Can be drying on normal skin. Even though the coverage us bad, it looks like you're wearing a TONNE of makeup. Very unnatural.

Comments

Decent product for the price

Lasts all day Doesn't cause breakouts Moderate coverage Not a wide range of skin tones I used to use Covergirl oil free foundation but switched to this because of clogged pores on my forehead. It doesn't cause breakouts like other foundations. It contains a small amount of salicylic acid, so if you respond to that it may even help you. If you've got sensitive skin don't use this around your eyes. (It can be drying. Use a regular foundation around your eyes and blend the two.) Overall, not bad and offers decent coverage.

Comments

Great for acne prone skin

Controls shine Doesn't cause breakouts Afforable Light coverage Needs to be blended well Doesn't cover blemishes well, need concealer This foundation doesn't cause me to breakout at all. Easy to apply and last all day when set with a powder.

Broke me out!

good coverage didn't make dry patches look flaky lasted 4-5 hours before getting shiny broke me out too dark/orange for my skin claims to be non-comedogenic but uses comedogenic ingredients!! I used this makeup for about a month, and had massive hopes that it wouldn't clog my pores or cause any breakouts because it claims to be 'non-comedogenic'. Unfortunately it caused massive breakouts on my forehead (I never ever get breakouts there) and on my chin. I did't change anything else in my makeup/skincare routine so I know this is the cause of my problems. Some days I would wake up with 5+ new painful whiteheads on my chin - not fun!! I decided to double check the ingredients, and although it claims to be non-comedogenic, it actually has two ingredients that have a bad reputation for clogging pores - sodium chloride and isostearyl neopentanoate. I was really annoyed and will definitely be checking ingredients in my foundation from now on. The lightest shade is way too dark for my skin (I'm probably about NW10), it lasted maybe 4-5 hours before it needed blotting, and the coverage was great. It covered all my redness and didn't make my dry skin look overly dry. After almost a week of not using this foundation, I can say that it definitely was breaking my skin out. I had all of these horrible bumps (clogged pores I'm guessing?), which are now gone, and I'm getting way, way, WAY less whiteheads everyday.

Comments

- lightweight - lots of colors to choose from - skin didnt seem to get worse [ but also didnt get any better ] - easy to find at CVS and pretty much any drugstore - price is not awful - rubs off really easily - you have to have some practice with a sponge or it can look streaky/ unnatural -after using this product for two years i realized that it has talc AND parabens in it.!! - in high school i had severe acne, and it is now moderate in college. i recently switched to a talc and paraben free makeup and my moderate acne is now mild, and i pretty much only break out right before my period along with a few zits this is definetly better than brands like MAC and REVLON and such... but i would definitely recommend a talc AND paraben free makeup!! you might be really surprised with the difference!!

Comments

doesn't cause breakouts cheaper then department store brands turns orange looking on my fair skin starts to look odd after a while on the face rubs off VERY easily My dermatologist suggested that i try this and i loved it at first. But, now that its gotten hotter outside and iv'e realized it doesn't give much coverage i am trying to find a new makeup with better coverage, that also lasts, and that doesn't turn orange-ish on my face. I might work better for you if you have less oily skin and have a darker skin-tone.

Guest tiffany
Guest tiffany

helps with acne smooth feeling last fairly well doesn't cover blemishes too well needs to be blended well the salicylic acid in this foundation is a great help for acne, this foundation does show flakes and dryness though, I found that it didn't do as much as I'd like for redness concealment

Guest Alicia
Guest Alicia

Covers mild redness, matches pale skin nicely, does not make me break out and a good price. It does not cover severe redness. Does not hide healing acne. If you put too much on it looks funny. If you don't use a moisture your skin dries out. I love this product and will be buying it again. I use this with a mild primer so I can cover up my acne.

Comments

Fairly inexpensive, matches skin, isn't making acne worse Not great coverage, can dry out skin I'll keep working to give it a chance (just started using it last week). If you have mild acne, it would probably have enough coverage, but for severe acne, it won't cut it.

Guest Cat
Guest Cat

Finally a foundation that doesn't inflame my acne! Cleared up my skin with first use coverage is better than average, but still not like a cream-to-powder I just bought this earlier today, wore it to work, and after being frustrated with my self-destructive acne regiment for years I am THRILLED with what my skin looks like right now, after washing my make-up off. Every single night my skin is inflamed and red after washing off my make-up, and my current outbreak actually looks about 60% better right now! I'm thrilled.

Comments

Doesn't make acne worse Stays on for hours Hard to wash off I've found that this make up goes on much better if I apply it directly with my fingers instead of with a sponge. You also have to be generous when applying it or it looks funny on the skin.

Comments

Non-comodogenic (so far) Helps to heal blemishes unscented doesn't match my skin tone very well coverage is not so good I've been using Almay's clear complexion makeup with 0.5% salycylic acid, concurrently with Dan's regimen, for 36 days now, based on Dan's recommendation. The coverage and color-matching isn't as good as chanel makeup -which is what I occassionally used before my latest bout with moderate acne- but this Almay product does seem to actually help with the drying of active pimples, and it definitely has not worsened my acne. Now that my skin is almost healed of acne (yey Dan's regimen!), and it's not dry nor flakey anymore, it does wear better (the first week of the regimen, my skin turned awfully red, irritated, dry and flakey, and the almay looked like I had a wax mask on top of all that...truly awful). I'm going to keep using it until my PIH stops embarrasing me, but my goal is to eventually stop wearing makeup altogether, and use the almay just as spot coverage. No makeup at all has to be better than makeup of any kind in my opinion, but I haven't really researched any conclussive studies to back that. Overall, I would indeed recommend it. I've used Clinique, Neutrogena & Chanel foundation over the years -always occasionally, mind you- and for the best look and coverage I would recommend Channel, but for problem skin (or when your skin is a problem and it's acting up), I'm now sticking with Almay Clear Complexion.

Comments

goes on smooth and fresh like. not oily or shiney. drys flaky and not that good at covering pimples. very see through like. i bought this product to make my acne clean up while covering it up.it didnt make my acne worse but it didnt improve anything either, also it was like not even wearing make up. you could see my zits and acne scars as if i just washed my face.

Popular Foundation