4.31,616 reviews

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Maintains, BUT...

Skin type: Sensitive and Oily. Disclaimer: I only used the acne.org BP. I used the normal to dry skin Cetaphil cleanser, and kept trying different moisturizer to combat the dryness the BP left me with afterwards. Let's get straight to the point: It maintained my skin's clarity, hence the 3 stars. I still had the occasional chin pimple around my period, but other than that; clear. This all came at a price. I followed the acne.org regimen of gently applying a thick layer of the BP on the skin and letting it dry for about 20-30 minutes. While I waited for it to dry, my eyes would burn and water, my skin was extremely irritated, itchy, and it stung. After it dried, I found that a normal moisturizer would not do. It would be hard to spread around my face, it seemed like it would skip over my skin and I would have to use more force in applying the moisturizer (which i really didn't want to do). I never found the perfect moisturizer to use after the BP. I found that I wasn't producing any oil during the day, which was very different for me, and it was nice not having to worry about how shiny I was all the time, but then I found that I also looked like a lackluster zombie. Also, my neck started becoming extremely dry, itchy, irritated, and flaky. I later found this was because when I would apply my moisturizer to my face, I would drag the remaining product to my neck and I'm guessing the BP would also get transferred, irritating the delicate neck skin. User error I suppose. But for me, having to literally sit still for 30 minutes in pain, with my eyes closed to avoid the burning and stinging, and not being able to use a regular moisturizer afterwards to combat the dryness was not worth it. With my skin if something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. I stopped using it and my acne and oil have returned. I use it as a spot treatment for active pimples in combination with Clindamyacin lotion now, and I know if i'm in a pinch it can be relied on. I know that some people will do anything to improve their acne condition, and have different skin situations, and that's why I still wanted to give it 3 stars. I say give it a shot.

I can’t wait

I suffered from acne since I was 14 years old Nothing bad, but I thought it was bad I used the things dermotologist prescribed, antibiotics (doxycline) , spiroctone however you spell it lol accutane, birthcontrol pills and bezoyl peroxide gel from dermotologist. The pills would work while I was on it, but onces I stopped acne came back. Now I have almost 2 years suffering from hormonal acne and it has messed me up so bad my confidence went from 100 to zero. At times I feel like crying I have tried everything aloe vera, face mask, I drink alot of water I tried 3 weeks of cutting out dairy and I didn’t see no difference. I recently promised myself to get this BP try it for about 3-4 months with my cerave face wash. I have super sensitive skin, who has seen results with this product that had severe acne? And how long did it take you to see results?

Best Treatment EVER!

I never write reviews for products but this treatment has changed my life!I have officially been using the acne.org regimen on my face for a year and my skin looks AMAZING!! It has been a bumpy road with dry skin and horrible breakouts but if you stick through it and don't give up on this regimen i promise you the results are worth the trouble! I finally feel comfortable enough to go out in public without any makeup on and i haven't had any new acne in a few months now. LOVE LOVE LOVE these products!

Liquid GOLD for ACNE !

This is the only acne treatment that acts as the best spot treatment that I have ever used. Whenever I get a breakout and that is, rarely ever since I started using their regimen.... I will dab a dot of this product on the pimple and boom....the next morning it will no longer be throbbing or red. I like to be extra so I try to pop it first before applying the product just to make absolute sure that the product gets into the cyst to do its magic. I have tried both ways (unpopping/popping) and it will still work but sometimes Ill get a stubborn one therefore the need for popping it first. VOILA !! The zit will literally die the next morning.

Comments

Clears skin but makes skin red

Been on the regimen for 5 months ish. Using own moisturizer and cleanser. This regimen DOES clear your skin especially if you do it twice a day. However, your skin will get red and dry, which is a big negative side effect in my opinion. So I guess there is a tradeoff between clear skin and reddish skin. 4/5

Comments

Effective for breakouts not blackheads

I used to have major breakouts in my T-Zone, but with continuous use of this product and following the acne.org regimen I got rid of my acne. Now I rarely get breakouts, and even when I do get a pimple it will go away within a week or two. I really do love this product, and there is no better deal out there on the internet for benzoyl peroxide. One note: This product did not help with my blackheads, but overall my skin appearance is much better.

Comments

Very effective and helped clear up a severe breakout.

If you have gone from having light to moderate acne onto hormone induced mega breakouts that just wont go away, I definitely recommend 2.5% Benyzoyl Peroxide. I had weeks of inflamed spots that just seemed to trigger new blemishes. Being anti-bacterial it of course is great for preventing the new spots from happening. It is very drying but that does get better overtime. I've been using this stuff since around October through the winter months, so haven't had to worry too much about the sun (very grey and cloudy here in the UK) but on sunny days do remember to wear sunscreen. Also it does bleach your sheets, which is a bit of a pain. I did use old cases but got a bit sick of having sheets that looked a bit sad. Some people on here use disposable cases for hospitals but I found these scratchy. There is a UK company that sells disposable pillowcases for people with acne and those ones are much softer, so for now that's how I keep my bed looking nicer,

Comments

This regimen really works as long as you follow it

I have been using this treatment for almost a year now, about 8 months, and it has completely cleared my skin. I only use the treatment from acne.org and i use my own oil free non pore clogging moisturiser and the purpose cleanser. I use it twice a day. If you've been using this for a few months and are experiencing a lull in it, then you probably aren't using enough. but it works miracles.

The best one out there

This has been my skin's savior. I first went through the regimen about four years ago when I had minor cystic acne breakouts on my cheeks. It was horribly drying but I stuck through it. I realized once my skin got better that it's happier without the regimen cleanser, and I also switched to another moisturizer. So I have one from a company in Sweden called Basiderm. I tried switching my BP out to some products from The Ordinary this summer and my acne breakouts were much worse than it ever was before. Once I got a hold of my acne.org BP again, I went back to my old regimen and now I'm only left with scarring but no active breakouts. I have tried SO MANY products for my skin and nothing has ever worked as good and fast at making a pimple stop hurting as this. Before my skin was used to it, it first got worse, as expected. Now my skin is used to it, a pimple can go from hurting to not hurting over the course of one night. I am so thankful for this product. Please please try the regimen if you're experiencing pain, it's so worth it.

Comments

Amazing Product. Not too Drying!

I have been using Benzoyl Peroxide for years. I started using the Neutrogena brand as a teenager, and it always irritated my skin (even with such little product). I was nervous to try such a large amount, but this has never irritated my skin as much as that Neutrogena one. I use it nightly (so I don't have sun irritation). I have noticed when I don't use it, I start to get pimples again. Also, the Acne.org customer service is AMAZING! I highly recommend buying products from this website. They have gone above and beyond to help me when there were some shipment issues, and I love to support such a kind and helpful brand!!!

Lifesaver!

I'm 19 and have struggled with acne/hyperpigmentation as soon as I entered junior high. Tried EVERYTHING including big named products. Benzoyl peroxide is what helped my skin SO much! Make sure to slowly ease your way into it (especially if you are like me and have sensitive skin) and it may burn/dry you out a little in the beginning but your skin will adjust and it is so worth it! Also remember sunscreen or a hat whenever you are out!

Miracle

This product worked amazingly. It does not overly dry my skin or cause excessive redness and peeling. Acne has diminished completely over the span of 8 weeks. I highly recommend this product. After years of using dermatologist prescription creams and pills that cost hundreds of dollars, my skin would be left dry, irritated, and unaffected. This product finally changed all that.

Works Very Well

I am a 24 year old female and have been dealing with moderate, extremely persistent acne on and off for about 10 years. I have been on five rounds of Accutane which all helped for awhile but the acne would come back. After countless OTC products and other prescriptions/oral medications, I finally decided to try the acne.org regimen. I spent a lot of time reading reviews and trying to decide if it was something I wanted to use. I was hesitant as I live in Canada and knew that the shipping would be expensive. However, about two and a half months ago I decided to order the starter kit. I have been using it faithfully and diligently 2x per day as directed and my skin is now completely clear. It took about 5-6 weeks until my skin really became clear and the breakouts stopped. I have now been able to drop down to just one pump of the BP instead of a full two pumps as I was getting quite irritated from it. I really like this system for its acne-clearing performance- it really works well if you stick to it. I do find that my skin is still very dry and can become irritated on and off, and I will just adjust the routine accordingly. I have never written a review but promised myself that I would if this actually worked- all these reviews helped me decide if I should use the acne.org products and I hope that my review can do the same for you!

It works, but...

I've been using this product for years. I thank Dan for this unique formulation that you can't get anywhere else. And yet...I'm getting tired of this. I'm 37, I just don't want to rub this on my face the rest of my life. One thing I'm trying is washing after applying the bp. Yes, it makes it less effective, but you get less dryness, and you don't have the residue on your face while you sleep, etc. I'm trying to wean off. Wish me luck.

Comments

ANYONE WITH STUBBORN ACNE&OILY SKIN, DONT BUY THIS!

I heard many good reviews about this stuff so I immediately purchased the regimen. I used this for 3 months non stop and it was the worst thing I have bought for my skin and acne. And now my face harvested more painful acne than what I started with. Plus it even made my skin even more sensitive to anything I put in my face, especially in my eye lids which now hurts. Don’t invest in this you will waste your time and money. Hence why I went back to original skin routine with my clearasil 12 facial scrub and MY GOODNESS IT WORKS LIKE WONDERS. It helps with anyone with stubborn acne, it’s afforable and it’s not harsh. In every 12 hours you use this, you will see the size of your acne scars and appearance decreasing. And of course moisturise with nevia facial cream at day time and at night use bio oil to moisturise&to help heal scarrings. Hope this helps.

Maybe you are allergic to the benzoyl Peroxide because it works amazing for me . Do not convince people that it’s horrible because it failed with you.for those reading Give it a try and actually use the products with consistency. My face was horrible with stubborn acne and I’m oily as hell but it worked. Also with horrible hyperpigmentation. So please give it a try.

I NEED HELP

Hi guys, I started the acne regimen a month ago or more and after 2 weeks of it being sucessful i suddenly put too much benozyl peroxide and i burned my whole face. It was 100% MY Mistake im sure and stopped using the whole regimen waiting for my skin to heal and a week ago i noticed that my skin is breaking out so i decided to start using it again my cheeks and forehead are red and kinda burned theyre itchy sometimes and my skin is peeling off. I didnt stop the benozyl this time j kept using it but in very small dozes and i started puting vaseline so that I can heal the burn but nothing js happening like i feel like the benozyl is only burning and drying my face but not clearing the acne. And the vaseline is also not healing the burn. What Do i do? Do i stop the regimen for a while and let my skin heal then start again? I feel likeif i stopped and start again it will also get burned once i start.. or do I just continue and wait for my face to get used for the benozyl and heal by itself Im so confused. Please help me guys it’s important thank you in advance...!!!!!!

Comments

I used this for THREE YEARS and it RUINED my skin!

As a young teen, I really didn't know any better. I lathered this stuff on my face, even though it was slightly irritating over time. What I didn't realize is this stuff was slowly damaging my skin. I couldn't go out into the sun without my skin becoming red, I couldn't go through a day without my eyes getting irritated and dry from the long term use and damage to my eyes from using this stuff before going to bed, and I couldn't get through a day without my skin covered in grease. My poor skin was suffering from the over dryness. I DO NOT recommend for anyone to use this. It will not help your skin in the long term. I am still trying to fix my skin two years later after using this stuff for so long. It ruined my pores. My skin is slowly getting better but I have a good two years to go! Please please please go to a dermatologist. If you don't have the means to, that's understandable, but do not use this system. Clear skin for a couple months is not worth the long term damage. Benzyl peroxide can be helpful, but not in this way!!! I'm not trying to trash the company or anything, I am only trying to warn people from damage to your skin because what I went through is not something I wish upon on anyone else!

Sounds like you didn't moisturizer well. https://www.acne.org/eucerin-replenishing-face-cream-5-urea-reviews-11624/ Has done WONDERS for me
TrentZev25
Dermatologists usually recommend bp in general as a first line treatment for acne too actually... sometimes in combination with other unnatural products. Try the tea tree oil and zinc supplement combo because both are tolerated better then bp is... a game changer for sensitive skin like yours and mine. For repairing your skin try colladial oatmeal baths and pat drying. Moisturizing with organic jojoba oil or glycerin can be helpful too. Be patient and give your body a few months to heal because nothing is instant when it comes to acne.
You're not supposed to use the same product for over two years. If you do use a product for over two years, your facial skin usually becomes un-reactive to the product because you've used it so much it is no longer doing anything because though there is still acne there, the product isn't working because it can tell that it has already been applied several times and it won't work because it thinks it it doesn't need to. So, try using another product, maybe by two of the same product, then when you've run out of those two, try another two products if you still have acne, and then do that until you are clear faced or are just happy with your results.

The best product I’ve ever purchased!!

This product has changed my life completely. Every night I would look In ge mirror cry. I went to the Dermatologist COUNTLESS times and nothing worked AT ALL. Going to get a facial would somewhat work for about 2-5 days . Almost given up ,my last option was to go on Acutane (retin A infamously known for bad side effects) I did NOT want to go on the drug neither did my mom want me to... THEN a friend recommended what she said had cleared her acne in less than 3 months. At first It sounded fishy, how would a cream clear up my face so well? (I had previously used several types of cream treatments the dermamtogist had haven me and none had worked) But I was desperate and tried it. Here I am at month 3 and all I can say is .LIFE.CHANGING . My confidence has gone up SOOOO much, I feel like actually wanting to take pictures and go out to places. If you are feeling like I was 3 months ago..PLEASE get on the regime! I hope it can change your life as much as it’s changed mine! I’ve been there... I 100% know how you feel. My only regret is that I didn’t buy this product sooner!

Pleased

I have had acne ever since the age of 12. I am now 18 going on 19 & it is pretty severe on my cheeks & chin. I started using the regimen in September & its now November. I have seen drastic changes in the active acne I used to have before using the product. I used to have bumps, cysts, and whiteheads all across my cheeks and chin area, but now they just look like inflamed, red scars for the most part. I definelty have far less active acne, but I'll still get a whitehead or a cyst around my chin area every couple of days, which probably has to do with hormones and diet (even though I'm vegan & eat pretty healthy). I'm going to experiment with eliminating things from my diet and stay on the regimen a little longer, then im going to work on getting rid of the hyperpigmented scars.

Amazing Product

I had moderate cystic acne since late middle school despite adapting an extremely healthy vegan diet and drinking a lot of water. I started using this about 4.5 months ago because I was sick of prescribed treatments and always having to go to the dermatologist to get them refilled (not convenient for a university student). Right away it decreased the inflammation and redness on my face. However, it does take a while to see the full effect- about month and a week to be specific (for me). The slow process didn't bother me because I did see a steady improvement over the 5 weeks. My skin has remained completely clear except the occasional blemish around my time of menstruation. I do not use the full amount that it says to because my skin remains clear and less dry with half the amount. My skin is no longer oily and it can get dry sometimes, but overall my skin has gotten use to the drying nature of the product and is not flaky anymore. I would like to note that I do not use the rest of the regimen; instead I use Dr. Bronner's almond & hemp soap to wash my face and plain natural/organic hemp oil to moisturize after the acne.org treatment. This is nothing against the cleanser and moisturizer of the acne.org regimen- I've never tried them, but my way is cheaper and more natural. I do use the AHA and I love it though.

Swelling and rash

I have been using regimen for 3 days now and the area below my left eye is swollen and red. My whole face is covered with rash and very irritated. I am not sure if this is a normal response to BP or should I stop using it. Please help. Thank you

TrentZev25
That is really best answered by a medical doctor. It sounds serious. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reported a number of cases of severe allergic reactions to acne medicines containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Symptoms included chest tightness, trouble breathing, faintness, and severe swelling of the face, throat, lips, and tongue. Anyone with these symptoms should call 911 right away. [link edited out]