Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Buy now

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hey. So I have been using the moisterizer for about 2 months and lately the moisterizer has been making my skin feel super greesy and oily. I use 1 1/2 pumps after the cleanser and 2 pumps of the BP night and day. At night it's greesy and oily but it's tolerable but then in the day when I go out it gets so greesy and oily and feels so heavy . I have oily skin to begin with but It looks and feel as if there is a layer of oil on my face. If anyone can help and answer these questions... '¢AM I USING TO MUCH?- '¢SHOULD I USE LESS- '¢SHOULD I USE MORE?- '¢SHOULD I USE ANTOHER MOISTERIZER?- '¢SHOULD I NOT USE AT ALL? '¢IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE LESS GREESY?- '¢AM I APPLYING WRONG ?- '¢WHY IS IT MAKING MY FACE GREESY?- '¢DOES GREESY MOISTERIZERS CAUSE MORE BREAK OUTS?- it doesn't burn or itch my face at all. but I really want to know why it makes my face so greesy. I have been putting on the same amount of moisterizer for the same amount of time. I want to just not put it on because dry skin to me vs. oily skin is just more comfortable but I am afraid when my face is dry I might break or . ANY THOUGHTS?? (If you can copy and paste and answer the questions I would appreciate it so much)

Hi there! I found that this moisturizer made my skin excessively greasy, and I have very dry skin. I even tried reducing the amount to see if I could feel less greasy, but I always did throughout the day. Unfortunately, for me, the excess grease that wasn't getting absorbed ended up giving me acne. Since you are not experiencing any breakouts, you are free to continue using it and try applying less. However, there are many moisturizers at the drugstore that might make you feel less oily. I know Cetaphil and CeraVe come highly rated on his forum, but for me, they break me out. You'll just have to patch test and see for yourself. Good luck!!
Ugh me too! My acne before using this moisturizer was really minimal surface acne plus some cystic on my chin. But when I started using this SAME thing happened to me. Really greasy AND white heads spread all over. I have so many congested pores on my face where i didnt have problem acne at all. I like the cleanser but jeez this moisturizer did a number on my face in only a matter of days. I want my money back :(

Mixed feelings about this product.

I love acne.org products except for this one. This is the worst Acne.org product unfortunately. During the peeling period of the regimen(which is a month), it does NOTHING. Even if it is applied every hour. The good thing is it did not or does not break me out. CONS: Does NOT absorb into the skin. It leaves your skin looking oily like a pizza. It has a yellow tinge to it which makes you look like you have hepatitis (not a good look, on a already acne-ridden face). No SPF protection :( Note: I did not want to throw it away, so I use it as a moisturizer for my neck. It works well there.

It burns my skin

I don't know what happens to this product, there are so many bad reviews. I bought this product at the beginning of this year when I was in the US and I didn't see the reviews at that time, but I read about the soothing properties and went for it straight away as I have sensitive skin and it often gets irritated. Well, I've used the moisturizer alone and sometimes with the AHA. My skin burnt and on the next day, my skin was even more sensitive, itchy and burning. That was really strange. Then I patch tested the product on my arm and neck, I had no bad reaction, so I assumed I have no allergies, but it kept burning my skin. I was reading information about this product and I was astonished by the huge number of negative reviews here, so I figured out that it wasn't only me who was facing these kinds of issues. So I tried out another moisturizer, a repair cream from Avene called Cicalfate, it really recovered my skin and I'm using it every day. In summary, it said that this product is gentle and suitable for sensitive skin with acne, but it has worsened my situation. I think they should take a look at the formula because there are almost more negative comments than positive ones about this product.

So disappointed

I bought the regimen several years ago, and it worked like a charm. My favorite product by far was the Acne.org moisturizing lotion. Even though I loved the product, the cost and cost of shipping, at the time, were cost-prohibitive for me. Since I am more able to afford it now and Acne.org is finally offering free shipping, I ordered the moisturizer in the large pump size. I've been using it for about and month and am so disappointed in it. It feels like it has been completely reformulated. It is runny, and like other reviewers, it really doesn't soak into my skin until it's been on for several hours. Again, like other reviewers, it legitimately burns upon application. The older formulation NEVER did this. And again, like other reviewers, I believe this caused me to breakout and usually as long as I'm consistent with the acne medication, I have little to no breakouts. This moisturizer just hasn't cut it like it did when I first purchased it. I have discontinued its use even though I have the whole bottle left and went back to using Curel Daily Moisture Original Lotion on my face and my breakouts have slowly begun to heal after a week of not using the Acne.org product. I'm so sad this doesn't work anymore because it used to be the superior product. :(

t-dawg

works okay

this moisturizer was good to me at first it hydrated well and it it's job but over time with the regime it doesn't work well it leaves me with half dry skin and i flake because of it, it didn't break me out but didn't moisturize well with BP but it might work for other people or if i'm not using BP but it leaves me feeling dry and flaky

Not for Me

I read the other reviews on this moisturizer after about a couple weeks on the regimen and most of them are pretty close to what I was experiencing. During the first week (while my face was still producing oil LOL) the moisturizer was great, but as I increased my BP and my face started getting dryer, the moisturizer was not moisturizing my face at all even with the jojoba oil. My face would look dark and oily and after the moisturizer absorbed, my face would feel so dry after only an hour. It's hard to wear make-up while using this moisturizer and I feel like I need to because it makes my skin look way worse than it is. On top of that it makes my skin burn really bad. I ditched this moisturizer and now I use St. Ives Timeless Collagen Skin Moisturizer and it works so much better. I add jojoba oil to that too. My skin still burns a little after the BP but at least now my skin feels better than it did before. It's still dry since that's what the BP does but my face doesn't feel like there's a nasty residue on it, it only burns for like 15 minutes after I apply, and my face doesn't look and dark and gross anymore. It also does't look like my skin is dry when I wear foundation and my acne has also been clearing up faster. So my advice, try the moisturizer out if you want to but if you don't like it, ditch it. It barely moisturizes and there are better cheaper ones out there you can get!

t-dawg
i had the same thing it worked fine at first but started becoming useless because it didn't moisturize completely! i'm gonna try ponds dry skin cream it says it doesn't clog pores which is good i'll let you know how it goes :)

please help

Today is my third day of this regimen, my skin is too oily, I never use moisturizer before (whenever i did, I got acne). This moisturizer is too emulsive and feels sticky on my skin. (only using one pump). I got 2 more acne because of this on the first day, what should I do? I can't skip this step as it's too early plus BP is drying out my skin. Please suggest.. Do I need to find an alternate? Thanks

It is normal to get few pimples at the beginning of your treatment. If the moisturizer is not good for you try something else that suits your skin.
use the AHA on top it really helps with the flaking I promise!

Burned, doesn't moisturize enough

If you're on the Acne.org regime, which you probably are if you have this moisturizer, then you will need the moisture. This product is really this to some heavy creams for dry skin, which we should have with this routine. I was on the routine for about a year and just discontinued to start Retin-A. I started to get painfully dry and itchy around mouth area with RED tinted skin. I removed BP for about a week with no prevail; I was still as unusually dry. I can't believe I thought that the BP was making me worse, but actually it was the MOISTURIZER. Unbelievable that after a year I would get this reaction from the moisturizer. However, I have never broken out from this moisturizer, so that is a major plus. When I was really, really dry and chapped I used DML Fórte Cream. It is delightful! You can try getting it online or though a dermatologist -- it is doctor grade (good stuff). It will NOT break you out. It is worth a try because you may need extra hydration once in a while. DML makes extremely gentle products, you can even use them on baby skin. I have dry, sensitive skin if anyone is wondering. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.

Nope! Try the Glycolic acid

It stings awful and I thought it was normal, but it also doesn't really moisturize! I was happy with cleanser and peroxide but decided to try the Glycolic Acid moisturizer instead: day and night! It actually works. I decided to give this one another try since I had a whole bottle left - NOPE! Still stings like hell - threw it out! Right now, I use acne cleanser, peroxide, Glycolic acid moisturizer (works great) + 2-4 capsules of 500mg of Panthothenic Acid. I still have occasional break outs BUT considering how bad it was, I consider this a miracle. All of my friends tactfully notice that my skin has gotten so much better, although I still have all the scars! I'm working on it now but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck!

Hi, you should be careful using the Glycolic moisturizer in the daytime. It attracts the UV rays to your face, and then deactivates in the sunlight. It will only make your face get hyper-burned. I only used it at night three nights a week. Although, had to stop the whole regime lately...

Horrible

This moisturizer did the complete opposite than it's supposed to do. My skin somehow became an oil slick, but flaky, itchy and irritated at the same time!! The regimen is amazing but honestly this moisturizer needs to be fixed. And the smell is just... A no.

Same here, if you don't mind me asking, which moisturizer did you switch to?

is it suitable for oily skin?

I have oily skin but I don't have many acne just 1 or 2 small only once in a while. I've been using this moisturizer for 2 days, and it seems that my T-zone is still oily and some part of my face look greasy. What I want to ask is whether this moisturizer can dry out my oily face or not or it's too oily for me. Can somebody answer my question please? Thanks in advance.

Since your skin is oily like mine, this moisturizer is the best option. It does make your face a little shiny, though. The only moisturizer I have found to not make my face shiny is the CeraVe line. For people with oily skin, the CeraVe line will over hydrate the skin, leading to a thick waxy layer followed by an increased shine and breakouts. CeraVe is best only for dry skin. This should not dry out your face, and it is not too oily for you.

doesn't really moisturize

I've been using the acne.org regiment for 3 months now. My acne has gotten sooooo much better since then but my skin feels grows, oily and flakey all the time. I can barley move my face because when i do it just cracks and looks horrible. I wish that the moisturizer was as good as the treatment but it just seems to bring the quality of the whole regimen down.

Comments

I think this gives me white heads

I had my acne under control, using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, BP 2.5%, Olay Moisturizing lotion for Sensitive Skin. Then about 2 days ago I decided to bust out my unopened Acne.org moisturizer. Put the moisturizer on at night, and the next day a few white heads appeared (chin, side of face). I was surprised considering it was advertised for acne users. In addition, it is not a good consistency because it was too watery. I will be continuing with experimentation of moisturizers. My next up is Vanicream lite lotion.

Comments

Definitely not for everyone...

I've used Dan's moisturizer for about a month and it really pains me to give this product a low rating because The Regimen was a life saver for me at one point in my life when the old formula was in use. Dan is a saint, man. On paper, this moisturizer has everything an acne afflicted person would want. Unfortunately, just like with many things in life, this is NOT for everyone. In my experience, the jojoba oil caused my skin to gradually get worse and worse. I kept waking up to new acne almost every week. To add insult to injury, it did next to nothing hydrating my face even when I added more jojoba(BAD IDEA) and went up to 3 pumps. I'm not saying that this is a bad product, I'm just saying that it's bad for me specifically. If it works for you, awesome. If only Dan would make an oil-free version, I would go crazy with joy. I'm sure lots of you guys will. C, mon, Danny boy, hear us out a little bit.

SKIP THIS!

I am so happy with the Regimen, but I did not like the moisturizer. It made my skin flakey. I skipped using the moisturizer, and I noticed my skin was clearer with out it! I then went back to using the moisturizer, and I noticed more bumps and black heads and flakiness. I no longer use a moisturizer and my skin looks great, so this might just be me!

What moisturizer are you using now? Im dont like the acne.org moisturizer either...

I wanted it to work for me :(

reasonably priced odd texture not hydrating enough for me This will be a fairly long winded review, because it covers my whole experience using this product over the last few years. I had originally started using it when I discovered acne.org and wanted to give the whole regimen a try. I had tried absolutely every other thing without any success and suffered severe acne for almost 20 years (since I was twelve and I was about 30 when I first tried The Regimen). So at first, I bought all the products and followed The Regimen exactly and it worked pretty well. My skin cleared dramatically! All of my cysts and blackheads were gone and even some of the scars from my past breakouts were starting to fade. However, I did have trouble with flaking and for months, I just couldn't seem to get it under control. It wasn't as bad as some other products had made me flake, but bad enough that I couldn't really put on makeup and there were a few patches that were dry, itchy and uncomfortable no matter what I did. So I decided that as my bottle of this moisturizer was about empty, not to reorder it and find something else that might work better. Though, I did continue to use the bp, because Dan's bp is the best! I switched to two moisturizers to replace this, one in the morning, Cetaphil Dermacontrol w/ SPF, and Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue in the evening. That worked fine, the flaking was gone and I could start wearing makeup again. Recently though, two months ago, I decided after all this time that I wanted to give this moisturizer another try. I was all out of bp and needed to reorder, and had decided that I also wanted to give Dan's AHA+ a try. I figured that the AHA might make a big difference and that the moisturizer might work a lot better with it. And I really did want it to work out for me, because his moisturizer really is much more reasonably priced than drugstore brands. Most drugstore brands come in a 4oz (or smaller!) bottle and average around $10. And that can get really expensive :/ So, I was really hoping that this time I would get it figured out... I didn't though :( For the whole two months I used all Dan's products and just couldn't shake the flake no matter what. Mind you, I only use bp at night now, I have found that my skin stays perfectly clear having reduced my bp application to once daily. I also only use 1 pump, not two, because I really don't need more than that. And still the flaking was unconquerable! In the morning I would mix about 2 parts AHA+ to 1 part moisturizer, and that would be okay. But I still couldn't put makeup on. There were still flakes, rough patches and the overall texture of my skin was kinda blah. At night, I would have to add so much jojoba to the moisturizer that my face would be slick with the oil and I would have to wait about an hour and a half for it to absorb enough that there wouldn't be oil puddles on the the pillowcase. So, last week, with half a bottle of the moisturizer left, I just gave it up and got something different. I decided to try CereVe Moisturizing Lotion instead and so far, perfect.

I'm having the same flaky problem! How's it going with the Cereve Moisturizing Lotion?
where can you buy cereve from?

Makes you look yellow

Easy to apply the yellow color Can only use it at night because of the color Can only use this at night because it makes me look yellow.

It doesn't make me look yellow, the colour is not that obvious at all.
Guest Liz
Guest Liz

light texture does not moisturize skin enough makes your face shinny and flaky takes forever to absorb leaves yellow stain strange smell. I bought the whole set of the regime incl a bottle of jojoba oil. As instructed, I apply 2 full pumps for the whole face with few drops of jojoba oil. After 2 weeks of using, my cheek was always in a very dry condition with flakiness and redness, especially the under eyes area (where i never had acne). My forehead has never had acne and the skin was really smooth with no marks there. So I only used this moisturizer without treatment and my forehead became very flaky and dry. I guess 2 weeks might not be long enough to see the result of acne controlling function of the regime but it should be there where your skin gets adapted to the new moisturizer. Then I decided to stop using this moisturizer for a couple of days. No redness and flakiness no more! My cheek has become normal again and my forehead has gone back to its original smoothy condition. Now I'm still using the cleanser, treatment with jojoba oil but will never touch moisturizer! Not recommended.

Comments

Smooths and softens skin Fragrance free Was hoping this product would work for me but unfortunately didnt moisturise my dry/sensitive skin enough and left my skin with that tight feeling all day. Disappointed. Im sure it works for lots of you but my skin is very sensitive and dry and I need something that moisturises more and doesnt leave my skin feeling tight. Also, I am from the UK and paid a lot to have this shipped over and had to pay customs charges on top.

Guest GabE
Guest GabE

Softens your skin. Great eye makeup remover. Smells weird, yellow goopy, can't use it during the day on my oily skin because it will look very oily. Don't have as many good things to say about this than the rest of the regimen products. If I put it on at night, it does soften my face, but my pillows end up with a sticky yellow layer. And I can't use it during the day on my overly oily skin, because then my face will look very very oily all day. I do use it as an eye makeup remover and it works very well, but then again so will most moisturizers.

Popular Moisturizers