Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Buy now

Rash on my face

I have only started using the acne. Org moisturizer,infact the entire product in the range for six days and I noticed some tiny rash on my fore head and even some areas around my cheeks. I don’t know if this is good or bad and to be honest, I don’t even know if it is the whole regimen my skin is reacting to or just the moisturizer. At this point I am confused. I have heard about how people go through the purge by probably having more breakouts but I didn’t see where anyone wrote about having tiny clusters of rash on their foreheads and that is itchy sometimes. Please help if you are going through the same thing.

Comments

Works well for my combination skin!

I have combination skin and have always had a hard time finding a moisturizer that balances my skin. I'm usually left with extremely oily or itchy irritated skin, but this has been a savior! I only apply one pump to my whole face and a little extra where I'm especially dry. I'll occasionally get a little oily but nothing a quick blot can't fix! I've read the previous reviews of people using this product for a a longer period of time (I've only been using it for a little over a month) and they seem to develop eczema-like symptoms. Hoping that isn't the case for everyone!

Comments

Here's why you have an allergic reaction

This problem is Tocopheryl Acetate. It is a synthetically made chemical by combining Vitamin E and acetic acid. Both the moisturizer and AHA lotion have this. Tocopheryl acetate is often added to skin creams and other cosmetic products in order to make them last longer during shipping, storage, and for when they are sitting on retail shelves. While not everyone has adverse reactions to tocopheryl acetate, there are a number of health risks associated with the ingredient, particularly if you have thin or sensitive skin. Even though the FDA approved tocopheryl acetate as safe for use in skin creams and other health and beauty products, it has been proven to irritate skin and cause carcinogenic effects with long-term use, unlike the pure form of vitamin E.

My skin is sooooo dry

So i've been on the regimen for about a week and my skin is clearing up slowly but i usually have oily skin and after going on this regimen i noticed i have extremely dry skin now. I have dry patches all over my face and my skin is always so itchy and it sometimes stings. I apply a pretty heavy duty moisturizer and my skin still itches and the dry patches are still there. I literally have dry patches under my eyes where i usually put my concealer. I don't even know how that's possible but if anybody could recommend me some tips or something idk i just need help lol.

Comments

Maybe ask the individual that received the regimen to right a review

I basically used the same adress that i always use, i have close to 800$ invested in their products(not to mention shipping fees around 200$ in total) but my moisturizer was running low (i apply alot especially at night) so i ordered 2 of these and i was waiting for them to arrive so i didn't buy anything locally and when it completely ran out on me i continued waiting which caused me to break out, only to find out that they reached someone else like WHAT ON EARTH happened no one's responding i sent like 5 emails it's been like 3 weeks i hate them, just because i live far (lebanon) doesn't give them the right to ignore me as nobody, i bet if i was a youtuber who requested their they make sure they received their products

Great moisturizer

I feel so terrible for the people who had a bad experience with this moisturizer, and I was so worried I almost didn't buy it. But, I did and I love it! This works awesome on my skin- absorbs totally. It goes on great under makeup and I think it even helps keep my oils at bay. I've been using it for about a month and I couldn't be happier. Try it first, because it just might work for you. I'm 43, have rosacea and used to get 5-10 massive white heads every day. Not anymore!

Comments

Great product, but maybe don't follow the amount you need to apply based on the Regimen

Let me first start by saying that I've been using the Acne.org regimen (Cleanser, Treatment, Moisturizer, and AHA) for about 7 and a half months now, so I've experienced this moisturizer both during the CRAZY HUMID north-east summers, and the cold, frigid north-east winters. I HAD moderate cystic acne, particularly around my forehead, nose and cheeks, but thankfully, that's all gone now. Now, this moisturizer is good. Like very good. However, depending upon WHERE you are in the treatment process, the amount of moisturizer you'll need to use will vary. Personally, two pumps is WAAAAY too much moisturizer for someone with oily/normal skin (even if said person is using 2 pumps of BP); the only time I really had to use two pumps was when I was using 2 pumps of treatment and NO AHA, as during the first month of the regimen, I followed the steps and did not use the AHA bottle to help get my skin accustomed to the amount of treatment and product it was getting. Now, after that 1st month, if you decide to use the AHA everyday, you need to HALVE the amount of moisturizer you use, regardless of season. Now, my personal recommendation is 3/4th to 1 pump morning and evening (if you're not mixing the AHA), and about 1/2 pump moisturizer + 1/2 pump AHA every night, if you are. This is quite a rich moisturizer, and I recommend really dabbing it over your cheeks and neck, while spreading it around your forehead when you're massaging it into the skin. Initially, the efficacy of the moisturizer hits, as it'll feel kinda warm and heavy (perfect for the winter). However, after a while, it'll start to feel cool, as the product gets absorbed (and it gets absorbed rather quickly if you apply it in 3/4ths - 1 pump a turn). If you feel you need to apply more after this much moisturizer, feel free to, but my guess is that if you have particularly oily skin (like me), you won't need to. All in all, a great product that has not broken me out (although, I still follow the regimen everyday, so it may be that the benzoyl peroxide as well as the AHA are preventing any future breakouts).

Comments

Caused Huge redness under my eyes

I started the regime with success, but always noticing something wrong with the final part: moisturizing . I disregarded all the bad review because my skin was so terrible during the time! On the 3rd month, my skin was clearing up massively, but then red patches started appearing out of no where. Under my eyes would swell, same with an itchy, itchy neck. I thought it was the BP at first; my skin has cleared up and maybe it's too powerful now? Wrong! I tested for a whole week excluding BP and only keeping the cleanser and moisturizer: was I in for a hell storm. The moisturizer all 3 months were triggering some sort of reaction, to the point of my eyes swelling up almost totally!! I stopped using the product, and what do you know... my eyes were fine after a couple days of healing. The BP did clear my acne, but with a cost of an another allergic reaction... what can you say, can't win em' all

It causes eczema

Everything was fine with the old formula, but the new one is just terrible. After the first application it caused me a quite serious eczema, my eyes have swollen and I was itching all over my face, especially around my beard. I definitely dont recommend it.

I love it!!

I'm surprised by the high number of negative reviews that this product has received, for me it is absolutely perfect. i combine it with Aha+ 3 times a week and the rest of the time i use it alone and my skin looks radiant. The adult acne bout is now under control and just the other day my husband asked my what I was using on my face because he said i looked really good.

Comments

Love the product, not the way it arrived

Of course I love this product, I have been using it for over a year now and this regimen is literally my miracle and I love love love it. But I ordered this since I ran out, and it arrived in the package with the top broken and the lotion was coated all over the inside, a bit on the outside even, and on the bottle. I cleaned it up and thankfully it wasn't completely broken off (I can still keep it covered), but now I have to deal with the broken pump until I get home (am at college until semester break) and can replace with an old small one I happened to just keep by chance (the one I recently ran out of is a bigger one). Maybe send it in something more protective than a bubble wrap envelope.

cyst spots

since using this product for nearly 2 months i have noticed that i now get cyst like spots- which i never used to get. i remember using this product 4 years ago or so and it was great- not sure what they have done but it is deffo not worth the money.

Horrible Eczema

I have been using this moisturizer for around 3 years and never had an issue. The last time I ordered this product was probably 8-12 months ago as I ordered two of the 16oz bottles so they would last me a long time. I have developed a horrible case of eczema all over my face and I could not figure out what was causing it all the sudden. I randomly decided to check the reviews on this product and noticed that all the reviews are 1 star now and other people are developing eczema/rashes/irritations. Whenever my face would get itchy or swollen I would reach for this product to help soothe the eczema...... only to figure out it was causing the torture. It seems that there is an ingredient that causes skin conditions when used every day for a long period of time. Maybe the licorice root? I can't buy any Acne.org products anymore because they are all laced with licochalcone and I don't know if that's the cause for Eczema or not and don't really want to buy this over-priced product to find out. After exchange rates (Buying from Canada), shipping fees, and tax, it costs like $55.... I stopped using the products and my eczema is gone.

Comments

I’m so disappointed! Eyes get blur, stings badly.

Hi Dan, I have been using you ACNE.ORG regimen since 2008. It worked and still working for me except the new formulated moisturizer. I used to love your old moisturizer because it was so nice to use, it actually moisturize my skin and it smelled so refresh. Ever since the moisturizer was re-formulated, no matter how many times I applied or how much drops of jojoba oil that I added, my face will end up very dry and flaky after an hour or so, it also leaves horrible yellow film on skin which makes my face look so wired, people will look at me and goes: why is your face darker than your neck? Your face got sun burnt? What are you wearing on your face? Recently I decided to gave up your moisturizer because the other reason is that I found that it will make my eyes so blur, when it combines with BP, after applied for 6+ hours, my eyes will get blur, stings badly, makes me need to close my eyes. I afraid it will affect my eyes sight. It never happened when I was using the old moisturizer. Also I notice so many people raise up this issue online but no one is paying attention to this problem. So many people are complaining about the new moisturizer, it rated 2.8/5 ' over 364 reviews. It's a bad moisturizer, it's a fact. I can't understand why you can't bring back the old moisturizer? Why can't you just keep both. I'm not asking you to throw away the new one, just bring back the old one, please! Tell us why's you reason. You claim that you wanted to help people with acne then why you are not listening to what we say! I'm so disappointed!

Comments

SOOOOO Allergic!!!! Formula Changed?????

So I used this systems years ago and it was amazing but somewhere around the time that they upgraded the packaging I reordered and had the worst allergic reaction with completely swollen eyes and a painful red itchy rash across my neck. I threw it out and recently reordered thinking that it was a bad batch. I used the cleanser and benzoyl peroxide again for weeks with no reaction. Last night I tried the moisturizer and woke up to my eyes being completely swollen shut and the same rash. I now know there is something very wrong with the moisturizer formula. This could be dangerous!! I have absolutely no allergies to anything, so I am completely shocked that I literally look like the elephant man right now!!! BE CAREFUL and do a swatch test first! I am a beauty influencer so if anyone has any questions or wants pics my IG is Fiercelychocolate

User221780

Awful

I started the regimen again 3 months ago after using it for 9 years. 5 months after getting off of the regimen my skin broke out 1000 times worse. I reviewed the regimen extensively on the other page and explained how it destroyed my skin once I got off of it. I had no other choice to try the regimen again as I had a severe reaction to accutane. I attempted to go back on the regimen twice but couldn't as it was unbareable (dryness) and my acne was horrible when I put it on my skin. Finally I put my thinking cap on and asked why was I able to use this no problem for 9 years but now it doesn't work. I did some research and I realized that I emailed acne.org years ago complaining about dryness all of a sudden when being on the regimen for multiple years. I then found out and remembered that they changed the dam formula of the moisturizer right around the same time. So, I decided to switch the moisturizer for cerave, and now my skin is incredible and my severe acne is now pretty much all gone. The regimen saved my life yet again, while nearly destroying it. This moisturizer is essentially water and oil. It is absolutely and utterly horrific and combatting dryness. Dan of course reviews cerave and says it really helped with dryness and flakiness but broke him out. You are not dry and flaky after being on the regimen for multiple years even without a moisturizer. Your skin literally uses benyzol peroxide as a moisturizer after 5-10 years of use. Please listen to me and skip this moisturizer if you are struggling with the regimen. You need a good moisturizer that has ingredients in it to repair the damage (excessive dryness) that benzoyl peroxide causes. This is hands down the worst moisturizer on the market. The original formula was great.

Swollen Eyes

This product isn't good for my skin anymore. They claimed they didn't change the formula, but it started to give me eczema a year after I started using it. I see a lot of people saying the same thing on this site. I wish they'd fix the problem.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hey. So I have been using the moisterizer for about 2 months and lately the moisterizer has been making my skin feel super greesy and oily. I use 1 1/2 pumps after the cleanser and 2 pumps of the BP night and day. At night it's greesy and oily but it's tolerable but then in the day when I go out it gets so greesy and oily and feels so heavy . I have oily skin to begin with but It looks and feel as if there is a layer of oil on my face. If anyone can help and answer these questions... '¢AM I USING TO MUCH?- '¢SHOULD I USE LESS- '¢SHOULD I USE MORE?- '¢SHOULD I USE ANTOHER MOISTERIZER?- '¢SHOULD I NOT USE AT ALL? '¢IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE LESS GREESY?- '¢AM I APPLYING WRONG ?- '¢WHY IS IT MAKING MY FACE GREESY?- '¢DOES GREESY MOISTERIZERS CAUSE MORE BREAK OUTS?- it doesn't burn or itch my face at all. but I really want to know why it makes my face so greesy. I have been putting on the same amount of moisterizer for the same amount of time. I want to just not put it on because dry skin to me vs. oily skin is just more comfortable but I am afraid when my face is dry I might break or . ANY THOUGHTS?? (If you can copy and paste and answer the questions I would appreciate it so much)

Hi there! I found that this moisturizer made my skin excessively greasy, and I have very dry skin. I even tried reducing the amount to see if I could feel less greasy, but I always did throughout the day. Unfortunately, for me, the excess grease that wasn't getting absorbed ended up giving me acne. Since you are not experiencing any breakouts, you are free to continue using it and try applying less. However, there are many moisturizers at the drugstore that might make you feel less oily. I know Cetaphil and CeraVe come highly rated on his forum, but for me, they break me out. You'll just have to patch test and see for yourself. Good luck!!
Ugh me too! My acne before using this moisturizer was really minimal surface acne plus some cystic on my chin. But when I started using this SAME thing happened to me. Really greasy AND white heads spread all over. I have so many congested pores on my face where i didnt have problem acne at all. I like the cleanser but jeez this moisturizer did a number on my face in only a matter of days. I want my money back :(

Swollen Eyes

I adore this line of face care. I just order a second bottle of the cream. However over the past 5 weeks I developed swollen eyes, redness on my face and neck. I got allergy testing. Went to 4 doctors. Had 3 rounds of steroids. Finally, when I saw the allergist he said it was contact dermatitis and it was something I was putting on my face. I was saddened. I love acne.org. However the pieces started to fall into place. On my last, and most severe, flair up I had spent the day applying the cream to my eyes because they were dry from the previous flair up. When people see the picture I show them, they are in disbelief. My face and eyes look like costume make up. I can't see to drive. I don't know if there is a new ingredient added or if I developed an allergy over time.

Comments

my face is 90% clear all thanks to this and acne.org bp.

The only thing this moisturizer lacks is spf protection besides that it is perfect. My skin type is asian and I live in japan so the weather is very dry in the winter , using this protect does wonders to my dry flaky skin. I use to get white patches around my mouth whenever I eat my lunch and it was so embarrassing , now I don't have to deal with that.

addictively amazing!!!!

i cant leave my house without moisturizing with my acne.org moisturizer!!! alongside the jojoba oil, my typically oily skin feels soothed and fresh without feeling greasy. as with most of my acne regimen products, a little goes a long way, one pump or even less some days seems to suffice. i start to panic whenever im running low!

Comments

Broke me out in cystic acne!

I never review products but I felt obligated to write one for this. Unfortunately, this product not only broke me out but it also caused a slight allergic reaction on my skin. I'm not sure what ingredient caused the allergic reaction, though. However, I'm pretty sure the acne came from the jojoba oil. When I applied the recommended amount, my skin would get greasy during the day and that excess grease caused awful breakouts. Even scaling back did not alleviate the greasiness and I have dry skin! I would suggest for those who are starting the regimen to substitute with another moisturizer, or at the very least patch-test this one! The regimen is a brilliant system but without a suitable moisturizer that can combat the drying effects of Dan's BP, it'll render the entire regimen useless.

ive had some serious cystic acne breakouts in the past that no soap, cream or oral medicine has been able to solve. aside from cystic acne i also have rosacea. in my ten years of struggling with stubborn cysts that could only be taken care of by surgical means, ive found that the biggest culprits were certain food triggers: caffeine(so sad), spicy/hot foods, and foods/products high in biotin. before giving up on the acne regimen, try figuring out if anything you are consuming may be the cause of your problems. i have found that as long as i stay away from my triggers, and use my AR products, my skin is happy and healthy. i hope this helps, and i wish you the best!
It's funny you mention caffeine. I have only started regularly drinking it this past year and my blemishes have only gotten worse. As much as it's hard for me to give it up (I am drinking it right as I'm typing this), I know it is probably better to cut out on the inflammatory foods. I will try dropping the caffeine drinks altogether. I have already cut out dairy and sugar so here is hoping I achieve a clear complexion soon! Thanks so much for your reminder! Sometimes it is not what we put on our skin that will help clear us, but what we put inside our bodies!

Mixed feelings about this product.

I love acne.org products except for this one. This is the worst Acne.org product unfortunately. During the peeling period of the regimen(which is a month), it does NOTHING. Even if it is applied every hour. The good thing is it did not or does not break me out. CONS: Does NOT absorb into the skin. It leaves your skin looking oily like a pizza. It has a yellow tinge to it which makes you look like you have hepatitis (not a good look, on a already acne-ridden face). No SPF protection :( Note: I did not want to throw it away, so I use it as a moisturizer for my neck. It works well there.

Popular Moisturizers