Quinoderm (5% or 10%) Benzoyl Peroxide and (0.5%) Potassium Hydroxyquinoline Sulfate Cream Reviews

Brand: Quinoderm

Hopeless for me

Didn't like this product at all. Being 10% strength I thought I'd get some kind of result but all it seemed to do was burn and tingle (which I usually take as a good sign - must be doing something) but no - I had sore skin and STILL had spots. Didn't stop the flaking that I get either. I thought I'd try it on individual spots instead as people had said it worked really well if you did that. Nothing, just didn't do anything at all lol Anyway I'm glad it works for some people. Worth a go obviously but my spots weren't having any of it! ☹�

Wow! It works!

Cleared severe acne and kept me clear for 5 years. Cheap and effective. Amazing results. Nothing else worked. I recommend it.

hi where were you able to get it from it seems out ofstock everywhere
Try searching Acne Cream on ebay uk or usa. Look for a brand called Home Care its exactly like quinnderm and panoxyl before it was banned. As its from the usa eu laws dont apply there.

its ok

I had bad acne on my forehead and it cleared it up I find it also helps with my oily skin too. When I first used it it wasn't pleasant I had dry skin, redness and I felt a burning sensation. I used 10% then and still do now I find if I don't apply this on my face especially my forehead I break out like mad and my skin is very oily so this keeps it under control. At first its not pleasant but your skin gets use to it and it will help clear your acne and control it!

AWFUL

I used to use this on fairly mild acne and had to give up due to how bad it made my skin. Firstly, the smell is awful (not a massive deal breaker usually), and when applied it burns for a while. The cream hardens and flakes off, but took loads of my skin with it. It also made me go bright red and really irritated my whole face. It did reduce spot size, but only after multiple repeat applications. It's only my experience, but I would warn against it for all pale skinned/sensitive skinned people as it quite literally burnt most of my skin off!

Please try this!

I've never had horrendous skin, but have been suffering with continuous spots for as long as I can remember. I came off the pill recently and suffered an awful breakout - my skin was the worst it had ever been. I would say they were mostly whiteheads but I also got small bumps which don't go away unless you squeeze them' no idea what they are?! This went on for about three months, with new spots constantly forming all over my face. The doctor has now put me on dianette but it is far too early to see the benefits of that. So I decided to start using quinoderm again- I used to use it when I was younger. I'm using 10% three times a day as I am on summer holidays. I started using it under a week ago and noticed a difference the next morning. It is now six days later and my skin is the clearest it has been in three months. It's still not what is used to be before the breakout but it's getting there, fast. I think because I've used it before, my skin has not started flaking off (which it used to!!), but I can see it is starting to get very dry around my chin and it stings a little after applying. But this is nothing compared to having spots all over my face. In the time of using it, I have only had one new spot which has gone down very quickly. It not only clears spots but makes them heal and disappear quicker. I never normally write reviews, but after obsessively reading them this summer after feeling so down about my face, I really wanted to help others. No one deserves the awful feeling of having bad skin and if this persuades one person to buy it and stop their problem I will be very happy!

can you help me please,i cant find anywhere the cream ,i am lost,maibe you know a place where they still have in stock?
i just started using quinoderm 5, like 5 minutes ago beause of this review, thank u

Depending on my skin's mood, a very effective treatment

I would recommend anyone to try this product - its great for drying out spots (MAKE SURE YU HAVE A GOOD MOISTURISER) and shrinking them. Unfortunately for me it only works on some particular spots, like the big lumpy ones on the surface. If you have tiny clumps of them on one particular area of the skin (sometimes can appear to be completely under the skin) I wouldn't recommend it. That, and the fact it can change the skin's colouring in particular places and still leave marks are my only downfalls!

Amazing results!

I had mild acne on my forehead and it made me feel so low and lowered my confidence a lot, nothing I tried seemed to work and I'd been trying to clear my skin for 6 months. My mam's friend who is a pharmacist recommended quinoderm 5% cream and at first i was extremely wary of using it as I didn't want my skin to become worse. However I decided to use it, for the first few weeks, the smell of the cream was so strong and every time I put it on it made my skin sting and turn red. After a week or so of using it my skin became very dry and started to peel, so every day I gently buffed the area using a cotton pad and small circular motions to remove the dead skin. Along with this I used the vitamin E moisture lotion and oil from the body shop to keep my skin moisturised. After a few weeks of this, my skin stopped peeling, the irritation and redness stopped and the smell of the cream was much less noticeable for me. I've now been using the cream for three months and I don't have a single spot, so happy I used it and a lot of people ask me what I used to clear my skin, would definitely recommend it to anyone! :D (Along with using the cream, I was very strict with my skin routine, I improved my diet, drank more water, did more exercise and tried to reduce stress levels as much as possible.)

Most success I've ever had after 15 years

Have had acne since age 11 and have tried many, many products. Always told by Dr's that I would "grow out of it", by 26 I still hadn't and I was ready to give the GP both barrels but didn't need to as he instantly recognized my concerns and couldn't believe I'd not been prescribed previously. Quinoderm 5 at first: I suffered with irritation and red dry/burnt skin at first but I just calmed it down to applying twice a week and then gradually increased to every day. Once my skin adjusted to it I've had great success, my skin is not perfect but the cystic acne is almost forgotten now after 15 years of breakouts. After 6 months of Quinoderm 5 (almost all acne gone within first month) I've just upgraded to Quinoderm 10 to see if that can help with the excessive oil/sebum which is my main concern now the spots have cleared to occasional rather than constant.

Use carefully

I was originally perscribed quinoderm 10% but I have extremely sensitive skin and couldn't use it at all. Then I moved to 5%, if applied over the whole area like directed, it leaves my skin raw, red, dry and itchy, but I find if you put it directly on the spot it works quite well! I wouldn't say its a miracle but it does reduce spots quicker than other methods.

Effective but drying

Every month that one week for a girl I always break out, not one spot like 20 tiny spots which is unfortunate for me. I use quinoderm and maybe it's just me I go a bit over the extreme with it and am constantly applying it on each spot as a big blob. The spot shrinks dramatically and is basically gone within 2 days but it leaves a dark mark (where I've basically burnt my skin or chemical peeled myself) it never scars if I don't pick at it but it does take 4-5 days for the 'dead' skin to fall off. So this treatment is very good and effective but it can be very drying if misused like myself.. And takes a week to two weeks for my skin to go back to not perfect but clearish skin

Extremely powerful stuff

Does help control breakouts Stings upon application Very harsh on sensitive skin As a 19 year old male, I tried Quinoderm for about 2 months this time last year. Whilst the active ingredient is Benzoyl Peroxide, I believe it has a concentration of 10%. From personal experience, this is extremely strong, and should be used with caution. Whilst it initially did help with breakouts, its strength eventually led to me developing contact dermatitis and having to turn away from the majority of harsh chemical acne products for several months (until my skin recovered). If you have sensitive skin like I do, perhaps not the product for you!

Comments

Less painful than high street brands!

Gentler than other products Fast Inexpensive Slight chemical smell I've started using this so I hope this isn't famous last words but this stuff seems to really work - you can get it over the counter at most pharmacies or online. I've used so many spot creams in the past, but they tend to be very stingy and painful and dry out my skin... but worst of all they don't seem to make a difference. I've used it on my cystic acne, and it appears to have reduced slightly in size and is less red after only a couple of days. So fingers crossed this cream works :)

Works but very oily

Helps with acne Fades marks Bleaches hair and fabrics Very oily consistency I used Quinoderm for a couple of months due to the mark fading properties of hydroquinone. It kept acne at bay but not as effective as panoxyl for me. Seemed to help post spot marks to fade quicker. I stopped using it as it was a very oily feeling product which wasn't absorbed very easily by my skin. Went back to panoxyl which worked better for me. Also the hydroquinone will bleach anything it comes into contact with including my eyebrows!

Comments

Changed my life, never been so happy

Works so well! Cheap! The company doesn't seem like their going to discontinue the product anytime soon. White creamed face after excersize or sweating Dry and red skin if used to much or when you start the regimen. Right now there's Quinoderm 5 and just Quinoderm. Quinoderm 5 is 5 percent benzoyl peroxide and quinoderm without any number in the name is 10 percent benzoyl peroxide. Iv used both and personally I recommend 5 percent because 5 percent seemed to be as effective as 10 percent. The price is only about £3.50 a bottle which lasts about 2 weeks if using it twice a day and 4 weeks for once a day. Overall this was the best benzoyl peroxide I have ever used miles better than panoxyl. It seems to be soothing on your skin and doesn't seem to dry your skin out as bad as other benzoyl peroxide. Cutting things short, use it twice a day if you can deal with the odd day of dry skin and redness sometimes. However, you will have no spots, maybe the odd one every 2 weeks or so but it's so small you hardly notice. Iv used it twice a day for 8 months and my skin started going a little red and slightly dry so I decided to apply it just at night which I know never have dry skin and my face isn't red but I get about 3 or spots every 2 weeks but I can deal with this. This really is a fantastic product and it's changed my life and made me so much more confident. Yes I did used to have bad acne I'd say between moderate and major but ever since quinoderm everything's changed for the good. Warning if you've never used BP before then please only apply small amounts when starting off otherwise you will receive really red and dry skin, if this is the case don't get put off just stick with small amounts and gradually increase the amount you use. Finally there's one other problem A WHITE FACE! If your someone who does excersize regularly like myself then if your wearing the cream then the sweat seems to mix with the cream and leaves white patches of cream from where you apply the cream. For me this was really embarrassing because I'm 17 and all of my friends would ask why my face was white, however this seems to dissappear when only used at night. NOTE :Use the regimen as normal and substitute quinoderm in for the benzoyl peroxide. I hope iv made this helpful for you all. Thank you.

Strong Cream

Cheap Very Effective in Certain Zones Too harsh for my lip-nose area Causes overall dryness smells a bit bad Quinoderm stops new spots from forming 100% if it works for you. Personally i have a very oily T zone (I'm a teen) but the quinoderm only works on my forehead area. The skin between my lip and nose just can't take the harshness of this product like my forehead can i'm not sure why. Moisturize is a key thing with it, it's a must, and if its too drying especially around lip-nose area just don't apply there, get something weaker either as a whole or just to use on that section, that's what i do and i'm starting to clear up

great

cheap easy to use ideal for occasional breakouts and last minute treatment before a night out smelly does cause slight burning when first applied bleaches dark fabrics Mid thirties with Hormonal acne... Have been prescribed contraceptive pill to help with skin problems but this quinoderm was amazing whilst waiting for the pill to kick in. I use it every night before moisturising and although I do get a couple of new spots monthly they are gone within 2 days now. Also they are v small and much easier to cover with concealer than before quinoderm. Also is great for scars as skin does exfoliate itself much better. V good for mild to moderate acne esp hormonal acne. Brilliant for emergency treatment as shrinks them immediately.

not too good

works on some people leaves skin very dry and flakey inconvenient usage (3 times a day) had absolutly no effect on me I've developed my acne problem about 7 months ago just after I turned 16. I went on 10% benzyl peroxide 5%antibiotic for 3 months and literally nothing happened. I had about 1 good day each month and then my acne would just flair up again. Also, my skin (especially around my mouth) was extremely dry and flakey for the entire 3 months I was on it for, this obviously took some doing because I normally have very oily skin. Saying that, my friend was prescribed exactly the same thing as me and after 3 months her acne was completely gone. It must just work on certain people and not others.

Comments

A recommended treatment! (If used correctly...)

Works somewhat quickly Very effective Cheap Stings a little bit after about a week of application It has bleach in it, so keeping it from my dyed hair is a constant worry. Smells plasticy I've been using quinoderm for about 2-3 weeks now, starting on the 5%. As a teenager, acne is one of my biggest insecurities, so I was looking for an item that would clear it right up. Before using, I read some of the reviews about it and a lot had mentioned red skin and flakiness, which left me somewhat skeptical, however, to date I have not experienced any of these side effects, which surprised me as I wouldn't tend to moisturise often. The pharmacist had said I should only really use it at night before sleeping, which is what I have been doing. Over 2-3 weeks I have gone from mild acne to hardly any at all! I'm very pleased with the results and I intend to continue using this product.

Best. Thing. EVER

So affordable Really does work Lasts a long time Always out of stock It takes a lot to convince me to give 5 starts to ANY sort of product. But this treatment is the only thing that has ever worked for my troublesome hormonal acne. It takes a while at first to work but once it starts to work it's like you don't even recognise your skin. Everyone with acne problems should seriously try this, please.

Absolutely brilliant

Cheap Prevents new spots Helps clear scars Can sting a little Lightens skin It appears this cream is only good for some skin types (having read other reviews) - my skin is very tough,dark olive European and I have never suffered from dry, flaky skin, nor have I suffered from oily skin, it's always been a good balance. So, if that's your skin type then it's a good start. I use the 10% cream 3 times a day at the moment - I'd never had acne until I hit 23, I'm nearly 25 now and this is the best my skin has been since I started treating my acne - I was previously diagnosed as level 3. Anyway, it has helped slow down the growth of new spots, if I do get new spots they're much smaller and heal faster. My existing spots are all completely gone, but the best thing is the help it's had with the scarring - unbelievable!! I had huge red and purple lumps all over my cheeks and chin and over the last month they're slowly disappearing. Definitely the right cream for you if you've got the right kind of skin for it.

Comments

Love it (so far) PRESCRIPTION REVIEW.

Prevents new spots Redness reduced in 'hot area' Not related to contraceptives Bleach is drying on skin BLEACH CAN RUIN CLOTHES/BEDDING Slight burning after application I have had acne for about 5 years now (I am 17) and I FINALLY went to see a doctor about it. When I was 14 I tried the Dianette (Diannette?) contraceptive pill that is altered to improve skin quality as well, but that didn't really make a difference to my very persistent acne. I am also extremely pale so every spot that I have had has it's own little scar somewhere on my face, which is bad enough without a cluster of spots appearing once a week. So I went on Quinoderm 5 and Tetralysal 300mg Hard Capsules (Iymecycline 408mg. Equivalent to 300mg tetracycline base) on Thursday 31st October 2013, and it's now Monday 4th November and I can't remember the last time my skin was this calm. On first application of the cream I noticed no burning or redness, but that has changed now, though it's not bad at all. Obviously, due to the bleach content in the cream I expected flakiness and redness, which I have got, but because I am still only applying it once a day (at night, as directed by the GP) I have no problem as I don't leave the house for at least 8 hours after application. Yesterday I noticed my chin, which is where the majority of the spots reside, is quite dry and flaky. I am now unsure whether I am supposed to apply a moisturiser whilst doing the course of treatment but I have been recommended bio-oil by a fellow acne survivor as it will keep my skin moisturised as well as help with the scarring. I will attempt to edit this review if anything changes dramatically, but I am having a good experience with this cream so far!

Comments

Didn't do anything for me

Very cheap Over the counter Very good reviews Didn't do anything for me Very drying (especially the 10% - oh boy) I had read such brilliant reviews about quinoderm, and since duac had stopped working for me, I bought some. Really cheap which is great, and the percentage that I had was 5% (then I upped to 10%). Unlike duac, with quinoderm I did suffer from very peely and dry skin, aswell as it making my skin very red, almost as if I had been burnt. I used it consistently despite the dryness for around two months but I did not see any improvement in my skin. Real shame because it has worked perfectly for one of my good friends!

AWFUL

None Bleaches your skin Makes you go red Hurts like hell do not use this cream it has bleach in it. I used it and I woke up the next morning with my skin bright red and puffy, IT BLEACHED ME, I am in a lot of pain and have to go through utter embarrassment of a red swollen up face for two weeks, due to this cream, I strongly recommend NEVER TO USE IT.

Ouch.

Not for sensitive skin My skin was just too sensitive for this. It made my skin red, itchy and flakey. I don't know if it would have helped my acne as I had no choice but to stop using it.

You might want to try getting it on prescription instead of over the counter, because the prescription one is usually altered for sensitive skin. Mine is sensitive too but I have been fine (if not, a smidgen of flakiness) on Quinoderm 5. Good luck!

Popular All-over treatments