Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque Reviews

Brand: Queen Helene

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

Great in moderation

I use this product no more than once a week, at night, if my skin feels especially greasy and needs a squeaky clean pick-me-up. I always follow it with benzoyl peroxide treatment. It's never broken me out - not sure it has much of an effect on existing acne, but it definitely removes oil without drying out the skin and makes you feel clean.

Comments

Dont use it anymore but have good memories

I used this a couple of years ago and had decent results. I have moved onto a new brand that I love but I would recommend this to anyone who asked - the price is good and the results are ok. Didn't totally clear me up but made a good difference.

Comments

An insanely good product for oily skin

Available at most any drugstore, cheap, and a decent size tube. Sensitive skin might not like this stuff if left on for too long (or at all, maybe), but other than that, I can't think of any downsides. I use it as a mask when I remember to (which isn't enough), and my skin feels like all the excess oil has been sucked out of my pores afterwards- but without leaving my face dry or sensitive. Smells nice, too, and it's kinda fun to be all green faced for a few minutes.

bang for your buck!

love this mask and is just as good and if not better than the higher end masks i've tried (glam glow supermud, glam glow youthmud). my sister recommended this mask and it is amazing at pulling out impurities and giving your skin a pick me up! I would've given it 5 stars if only it didnt make my skin red for hours after using it.

Love this mask.

I really like this mask! It's just for maintenance and I don't really see it doing anything for acne per se. I use it once-twice a week. I just love the feel.

You can use it as an acne spot treatment and leave it on overnight to see visible pimple shrinkage in the morning

It works pretty well

This mask has very little benefits. It leaves your skin feeling refreshed from the mint and it tends to suck up excess oil from your skin. The bad thing about it is that if you overuse the product, you'll probably end up drying out your skin and your skin might in turn produce more oil. It's good if you use the mask in moderation!

Over hyped

Used religiously and resulted in a temporary reduction of oil, but no benefits other than that. No doubt that this product has worked for others, but if you have acne that's worse than mild, I'd wager this probably won't do the job. I'd recommend the Ancient Aztec Clay, which is only a few bucks more expensive.

VERY GOOD

this is my weekly mask ! sucks up oil and all imputies on the first application. the only reason i give this product4 stars is because it is extremly minty and when applied it stings my face so bad to the point tears run down... after a couple seconds it feels very good and all pain goes away ! dont let this scare you i love it and would recommend it to anybody who wants a good working clay mask!

My favorite mask

I love this mask!! It really purifies your skin and leaves it looking brighter. I've been using this product for at least 10 years. I would recommend this mask to anyone with problem skin. The price is an added bonus.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

I've been using this since I was a kid (probably before I actually needed it). I perspire a lot on my forehead and my nose and as a result my skin gets very oily in the T area of my face. I have horrible blackheads on my nose . I wouldn't say I have acne but sometimes I get some big angry pimples in these areas . In my cheek area however is very dry and I never get pimples at all. In the winter time this part of my face gets dry to the point of being flaky . This mint julep mask has the ability to remove the blackheads and the excess oil from my face without over drying the cheek areas. What's even better is that this mask is very affordable and you can find it practically anywhere. Any Wal-Mart, pharmacy, or dollar store carries it for just a few bucks. It's worth every penny

Cheap & effective

Older than the hills but still works great. It won't clear up bad acne, but it will noticeably shrink large pores if kept on overnight and it smells and feels great. At such an inexpensive price point, it's a no-brainer. I'm trying to move to more natural products, not tested on animals, but this one is still a keeper.

Best results!

My skin is extremely oily! Every day I have to wipe my face down from how oily my face gets. All my makeup has to have oil control ingredients (including my finishing spray and facial soaps.) When I break out and go out in public I get the "omg what is that on your face" reaction that makes me want to crawl in a hole. This facial mask is the only thing that helps (believe me I've tried several things.) It removes the excessive oil on my face and leaves this glowing effect to my skin. Therefore I no longer struggle with the extreme embarrassimg acne breakouts! You must try this!

Comments

Great mask for a great price!

One of my favorite masks of all time! There are so many ultra-expensive masks on the market but you really don't need to break the bank. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is one of my holy grail skincare products. It is cheap, easy to find in stores, and IT WORKS. The mask smells minty and fresh and it is very relaxing. It is also easy to use and does not create a giant mess like other masks sometimes do. It dries on your skin but does not tighten or irritate. Even though I have pale and sensitive skin, I personally do not experience any redness with this product. I definitely would recommend this product to anyone interested in a quality face mask.

Comments

Your at home spa experience

use this if you're the person who loves to pamper yourself after long exhausted work. It's refreshing. If you don't mind the scent of Mint (toothpaste like scent) you'll definitely like this. It can definitely reduce oiliness.

Refreshing

If you've oily skin and deep blackheads that you don't feel up for extracting, this is your go to mask. It smells great, is thick and smooth to apply as long as you remember to keep the cap back on after each use. I used this everywhere on my face because of my severe outspread of breakouts and even on my back where black and whiteheads were popular to scar and grow. When you put it on, you feel ur skin renew in a "cool" minty way, and altho you can't move ur face while using it, it's great bc your pores are beginning to tighten up and stuff. Best of all, for those who have oily skin like I did, you can literally see the oil on the mask as it dries. Inexpenisve and effective for acne sufferers altho I don't recommend this for those with dry skin, ezcema, or blisters bc it will sting. I used to put this on fresh open zits or recently popped ones and it would kind of heal faster, but it'd sting.

Popular All-over treatments