Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar Reviews

Brand: Purpose

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

1st timer

I just buy this product today. Hope it work for my oily face. I used different kinds of cleansing bar but its does not work for me. Hope this is the ONE �. Wait for my next post after I use it for 3 consecutive weeks okay...

It does not work for me 😔

Love it! Going to stock up!

My skin is clearing up! I normally use cetaphil and it doesn't do anything for my skin doesn't irritate it doesn't clear it up. I saw reviews about purpose on here and decided to try it. Well for 3 weeks my skin has been getting better and better! I suffer from hyper-pigmentation. One side of my face is clear now working on the other side. I may do a few skin peels on the stubborn side to speed that up. But I personally love this! Everyones skin is different but this is working really well for me. Thanks acne.org community!

How did your skin react in the beginning ? Did you purge at all?
User410314

No good for me

My old derm had this in his office. So I got some for myself. It felt very stripping to me, and I continued to break out worse and worse.

User410314
I assume it's because it's glycerin based, and my skin hates glycerin

cleans well reduces bumps non irritating a little drying I tried basis, African black soap, purpose gel cleanser, cetaphil, dove, proactive plus cleanser,and clean and clear. By far the best non irritating product reduced my mild bumps, I can barely see them. I use this every night and dans bp once every other night. Looking good

My Lifesaver!!!!!

Lathers Excellently Doesn't Make Acne Worse Light Scent, good size bar Can become drying if left on too long Starting using this product a while back when I started seeing a dermatologist and I have to say I was a bit skeptical about whether this product would do it's job or just make my skin far worse like other products I have used. However, it proved me wrong it's very lathering and cleans well and has a light scent to it. I'm glad I've used this product and will continue to use this product. However, my only advice would be to leave on face for only 15 seconds because any longer than that it can become very drying.

GREAT!!!

not irritating clean smell lasts longer than liquid bar, not as hygienic but does not contain the SLS that the liquid soap has a little drying (good for my oily skin though!) I had been using African black soap for 2 months to cleanse my face...it was very irritating. Since I've switched to purpose, my cystic acne isn't as irritated and it's clearing up my acne faster! It wasn't going away with the black soap, but i feel like this is finally clearing my acne. I only have 3 active pimples on my face and one cystic area, and I'm ecstatic! I was getting like 10-15 new zits a day before..now only 1 or no new zits a day. I don't know if this will work for everyone's acne because mine was caused by the oil cleansing method gone horribly wrong and clogging every pore on my face. But for people with acne caused by lack of proper cleansing, i think this would work. For hormonal acne, I'm not sure it would be a cure, but it would definitely help.

I just want to know how your acne is now cause I messed up my skin by doing the ocm and now I have cystic acne I never had before on my cheeks I never had acne this bad before what are you using now?

A bar made by God himself

Cleared ALL acne completely And balanced my skin too! Doesn't strip skin At all Perfect for everyone &its cheap and long lasting! None Im going straight to the point I have sever acne. Nothing has worked my acne keeps getting worse.My skin is VERY sensitive even to moisturizers! This bar cleared up 90% of acne in two days what was there for years was gone b4 my weekend was over. Scars took about 2 weeks to disappear along with my enlarged pores and blackheads with them. My skin went from combo acne sensitive to Glowing clear normal skin! It's PH balanced doesn't strip skin formulated for sensitive skin! Lasts for 1 year per bar! The bar dries quickly to prevent bacteia growth on it! No wierd or harsh ingriedients! Doesn't strip skin at all! Skin balancing! Dermatologist recommended Doctor recommend it's clinacly proven! Cheap and made for everyone old and small!

Guest Shannon
Guest Shannon

It worked immediately at calming my 17 year old son's face down. My son said it made his face feel smooth. My son actually looked in the mirror for the first time in months because of this product. Such a cheap product ($2) considering we've spent $1000 on his face. I wish that the exact ingredients from the bar came in the liquid pump form. I know that would be impossible. I've never given a review on a product in my life. I'm 41. My son has fierce acne. I could go into all the the products that he has used, but I'm not here to cut down another acne system, gel, cream or antibiotic. I'm simply wanting to share that this Purpose bar has been the only product in five years that has helped. It is the only product that has brought hope. Not a cure, but hope. Thank you to Johnson and Johnson for making such a simple and amazing golden bar of soap. Wow!

Guest Christine
Guest Christine

Gets rid of break outs without having to constantly apply different steps like ProActive makes you do. Dries out oily skin in a positive way. Has a nice scent to it and comes in either liquid or bar. None. I battled with severe acne since the beginning of middle school and I still occassionally use Purpose when I have a random breakout and I'm now a junior in college. Acne runs in my family and my mom paid a dermatologist hundreds of dollars for him to recommend Purpose. By the time my parents took me to the doctor I was so discouraged that my acne would ago away because I already had scars at such a young age. When I was first told to use Purpose I thought there was no way it would work because I had tried every other OTC product including things like Oxipads and Proactive. However, the first time I used Purpose I immediately felt a difference in my skin. My skin was so oily and nasty feeling but after I used the bar it felt drier and cleaner. I even liked the clean smell scent it left because a lot of acne medicines leave a nasty smell after you use it. I always recommend Purpose to younger people that come to me with acne problems because I don't want them having scars like I do. I have even recommended it to girls I see in the acne aisle that have the same "I give up face" I once had. You also can't beat the price. $3.99 at walmart or target is a lot better than paying hundreds of dollars for Acuteen. I have noticed that over the years the shape of the bar has changed but to me the formula remains the same. The bar is yellowish in color but doesn't leave any residue. You can use it on your whole body and foams nicely like a normal soap.

Guest anonymous-female
Guest anonymous-female

Don't have to buy online Very gentle soap for oily skin Cheap price Lasts a long time Can be too drying when cleansing for more than 10 seconds. I have had many problems since about the age of 11 with random pimples and cystic zits, many blackheads and very oily skin with huge pores. I absolutely love the Acne.org regimen with a few adjustments that have worked better for my skin. I now have skin at age 42 that I am finally happy with! Finally! Purpose soap for me has been the better cleanser than Dan's cleanser because I love the slight drying effect of this soap for my very oily skin. It has also helped with my blackhead problem. My routine morning/evening is almost an identical routine as anonymous_male on the next page. The only difference is that as a female I don't have to shave my face in the evening and in the morning I use an spf 15. So here's my cleansing routine: Morning Wet face, lather Purpose soap in my hands, gently wash face for 10 seconds and rinse. Wait about 5 minutes and the apply Murad oil control mattifier spf 15. Evening Wet face in the shower, work up a good lather in my hands with Purpose soap, wash face for 10 seconds and rinse gently with a wet washcloth. Wait 15 minutes, use 1 pump of Acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and apply very gently. Wait 30 minutes and the apply about a pearl size amount of Acne.org AHA over my entire face. This has been the BEST solution to my skin problems that I have ever used! I just can't believe how clear and even my skin is now. To think of all the harsh products and harsh scrubbing that I used to do that only made my skin problems so much worse. Being gentle is the key. This really is the best that I ever remember my skin looking. Thank you SOOOO MUCH DAN!!! You have surely changed many, many lives by sharing what has worked for your acne problems. And a big THANK YOU for creating a superior benzoyl peroxide and AHA without the irritating and pore clogging ingredients.

Guest Lucy
Guest Lucy

Helped Control Acne Can be drying My acne improved greatly when I first started the regimen, but wasn't where I wanted it to be; then I read a review on here recommending this soap. Well now it's the only cleanser I use. My skin is the clearest it has been in years. Yea it's a little drying, most are; but I just adjust my lotion and it evens out. For clear skin it's worth it!

Popular Bar