Jump to content

2,792 profile views
  1. anna.jessxx

hydrating but not a miracle worker

hydrating but not a miracle worker

I used to apply a layer of this on my skin before putting my makeup on in the morning, it acted really well as a barrier on my skin to prevent the makeup sinking into my pores and making them clogged. My skin felt nice and soft after using this and I do think it helped hydrate my skin but I don't think it had a massive impact on my acne. Ive now found a new daily moisturiser that works a lot better for my acne which i've replaced the aloe vera with. Overall it was nice to apply but I don't think it had the huge benefit to my acne that some people claim it has.
  2. anna.jessxx

works in moderation

works in moderation

I started using rosehip oil daily all over my face as a extra layer of moisture and to help reduce hyperpigmentation, unfortunately this seemed a little too much for my skin especially on my forehead and it started to break me out in little spots (not big ones like I would usually get though). So now I only use it once a week after I have used a face mask and sometimes I avoid applying to to my forehead if i've got an especially bad breakout there and just apply it everywhere else. This method for me has been working great so far and the hyper pigmentation on my cheeks has gone down quite a bit. So I would say rosehip oil works but just be careful on the quantity and how often you're applying it so you don't overdue it and cause breakouts.
  3. anna.jessxx

I like it but my skin does not

I like it but my skin does not

I bought this after it being recommended to me by my sister and at first I really liked it. The mint in it really cools your skin as its drying and the particles in it help exfoliate your skin nicely and after washing it off my face was really soft and smooth. unfortunately for me my skin doesn't seem to like it very much, as for the next few days after using it I break out on my forehead a lot more than usual. I gave it a couple tries because I really wanted it to work out but my skin just wasn't having it, which is a shame because it felt really nice to apply. I would suggest giving it a go even though it didn't work for me because it was very relaxing and who knows it might work better on your skin.
  4. good cleanser but not strong enough for big breakouts

When my acne was worse I used to use this in the morning and then use my stronger cleanser with salicylic acid in at night to really treat my breakouts as I found that this wasn't enough on its own. Now however as my acne has cleared up mostly I'm happy to use this day and night as my only cleanser, It works well and leaves my skins feeling clean and doesn't dry me out. If you have mild to moderate acne i'd give this a go but if you get really severe breakouts you might need something a bit stronger.
  5. About 2 weeks ago now I started attending university which meant me moving from an area with very soft water to a place with hard water, I know that hard water contains many more dissolved minerals than soft water and I was wondering if that could be having an effect on my skin? Ive not only been washing my face with the hard water but drinking it also and since I've moved I've seen a great improvement in my skin whereby I'm not really getting new breakouts (and if I do they're very small individual spots) and any spots I had previously have healed to the point where theres just remaining hyper pigmentation. All this has occurred whilst I've pretty much abandoned my skincare routine whilst settling into my new accommodation, so I was wondering if the water was having an effect or if its just coincidence?
  6. anna.jessxx

strong and powerful

strong and powerful

I use tea tree oil in quite a few different ways when I'm having especially bad breakouts, because its quite strong on the skin I don't use the essential oil alone everyday but some face products I use daily have it as an ingredient. when I have a smaller breakout I tend to just dab a bit of the oil onto spots which are specifically enflamed and sore with a q-tip but when the breakout is larger I use the oil with my facial steamer (you could do the same by adding a few drops to hot water and placing your head over the bowl) this opens up your pores and really helps your skin absorb the tea tree. I've found that this drastically helps reduce inflammation of spots which helps them look less red and they tend to heal quicker. the only problem I have with this is that it can dry you skin out if you use it regularly because the oil is very concentrated so if you have very dry skin you might want to be careful when using this and always use a good moisturiser after application.
  7. anna.jessxx

good addition to skin routine

good addition to skin routine

I started taking zinc gluconate tablets a couple of months ago now, they're not too expensive so I thought id give them a go instead of piling more products onto my skin. I live in the uk and got my tablets from Holland and Barrett , I have generally seen an improvement in my skin and the amount of breakouts I've been getting recently has reduced however its difficult for me to tell whether this is a result of the zinc or a combination of other factors as I've been altering my skincare routine a decent bit recently and introducing a few new products. overall I think it may have helped my skin at least a little and thats good enough for me. it might work better for you but since its not much of an investment ill probably keep taking them.
  8. anna.jessxx

Every moisturizer burns

maybe try E45 you can get it in a cream and a lotion whichever you prefer, and its designed for sensitive skin and conditions like eczema so it has to be super gentle on your skin
  9. I haven't got lots of scarring (I suffer more from hyper pigmentation) but I've always found that matte foundations actually make scars less obvious compared to more dewey look foundations, also since the matte effect would help oiliness that you say you have I would just say to give it a go! though just remember that not all foundations are the same so if you're not a massive fan of that particular foundation that you're looking at doesn't mean that all matte foundations will have the same effect on your skin, I've found it takes a decent amount of experimentation to find a foundation that you really love, good luck!
  10. anna.jessxx

Dry flakey skin!!!

Maybe you should try switching to liquid foundation, Ive used both liquid and powder foundation and I found that powder foundation always stuck to my dry patches and make them 10x more obvious, whereas I don't get this problem with the liquid so your dry patches may be less noticeable. As for moisturisers I always recommend E45 cream to apply before you go to bed and to soak in overnight. it doesn't have any perfumes or anything like that in it and has really helped me when my skin gets dry!
  11. your skin just might be a bit irritated when your taking your makeup off, the brush you are using could be a bit harsh on your skin maybe? and thats what causing the redness. try being a bit gentler with your skin and try not to rub it too much as that will definitely aggravate your hyper pigmentation and acne, hope this helps!
  12. anna.jessxx

Setting powder/setting spray recommendations?

revolution has a really good fixing spray that you can get in Superdrug for just £6.00, I use it when I'm planning on having my makeup on for a long time and it really helps with keeping everything smooth and preventing oiliness!
  13. anna.jessxx

Is it safe to take multiple vitamins daily?

as long as the vitamins you're taking each day are for different things you should be ok! but I wouldn't recommend taking many vitamins for the same thing e.g. taking a multivitamin containing a lot of vitamin A along as well as the vitamin A ones you're already taking, you should choose one or the other in that case
  14. anna.jessxx

amazing overnight moisturiser!

amazing overnight moisturiser!

ive been using this for over a year now and I will never use anything else! I always use this at night as it is quite thick and takes a decent amount of time to soak in so I don't think it would work under makeup, when I wake up in the morning my skin is always super smooth and since using this I don't get dry patches on my cheeks and nose like I used to. honestly its so cheap and its perfect for sensitive skin as its designed for eczema so it has no perfumes in it, if you can't find a moisturiser that works for you give this a go.
  15. anna.jessxx

beauty blender vs brushes?

I've heard a lot of people saying that using beauty blenders are bad for your skin when you have acne as they collect oil and dirt and you're basically just spreading that around your face every time you apply your makeup, but I was wondering if thats actually true? and are makeup brushes any better? my problem is that I use liquid foundation and I've used loads of different types of brushes to try and apply it but ive never got as good a result as when I use my beauty blender. of course I dont want to keep using it if it is bad for your skin so if I should switch to brushes does anyone have any brush recommendations? thanks
×