Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Member
  • Birthday October 14

• Gender
    Male
It takes time (and trials), but it does work
For context: I'm 17 and have had moderate acne since I was 13. I tried everything OTC and nothing really worked. Last year, I went to a dermatologist and tried several different combinations (Epiduo + Doxycycline, Acanya + Doxycycline, etc) and finally, Acanya and Tretin-X (0.0375% tretinoin). That combination worked and I was the most clear I'd ever been since I started getting acne. My dermatologist then suggested I move to a stronger tretinoin (Retin-A Micro in 0.08% formulation) and that wor

By netstars22,

Works okay for a while, but it didn't do much.
Relatively gentle Mildly moisturizing Easy enough to use Does not keep acne at bay Has a fragrance that may be offputting I tried this after just not having any luck with any other topicals. Initially, it did help clear my breakouts and prevented some, but that was it. All those other benefits (helping with marks, really preventing new ones) didn't quite apply to me. The tubes are small and can get expensive, but it is relatively gentle enough for daily use. Needless to say, I wouldn't bother wi

Great moisturizer, period.
Has a light, not creamy consistency Moisturizes well Contains hydrators and niacinamide My dermatologist recommended I use this in my routine because of my skin that tends to be either really dry or moderately oily. I love it. I love the lightweight consistency, the hydration factor, and the fact that it has niacinamide, which helps reduce inflammation and redness. It goes perfectly above my Epiduo. For a few nights it did burn a bit, but I found out that my cleanser at the time was at fault.

By netstars22,

One of the best facial cleansers I've used, so far.
Mild formula Comes in large and small bottles Contains extra skin-healthy ingredients Relatively expensive (but CeraVe usually has coupons) Does not foam After a bout of strong dryness and irritation caused by my use of Purpose face wash, I needed to find something that would replenish my skin while being very, very gentle. This was it. After reading reviews between CeraVe and Cetaphil and CeraVe Foaming vs this one, I decided on this cleanser because A) I was already using CeraVe AM and PM face

By netstars22,

Good cleanser, but a tad harsh on my combo skin.
Foams quickly Has a light fragrance A little goes a long way Dries out non-oily areas Kinda expensive I bought this on a whim while at Target. I had previously been using a salicylic acid-based scrub which did okay, but I knew it was too harsh. Initially this worked out well and I had bought it right on time because my dermatologist started me on Epiduo and Doryx. After a month, I found that it dries out my cheeks more than I expected a gentle cleanser to, but it's probably just how my skin is.

By netstars22,

BP is a gel (yes!) Comes with a day lotion Cleanser is really GENTLE for an acne cleanser Costs less than other systems Does not control oil that well Day lotion and BP gel bottles are small Will only clear if used consistently every day I bought this a few weeks before school came back. It is awesome. It cleared up my forehead, but my nose and the edges still get zits and are oily. I have been using it for about almost three weeks now, with some times skipped, and it's

By netstars22,

Inexpensive Gel Fresh smell Cools skin none so far I am in love with this! After application, it feels near invisible! And yes, there is some fragrance, but it is not irritating or overbearing.

By netstars22,

Inexpensive Smells great Plain Deep cleans None so far! After having my skin tortured by a harsh acne treatment, I thought I would follow the Regimen. The first time I used this cleanser, afterwards, my skin felt so fresh and invigorated; like no other cleanser has given me this invigorated feeling. I just love it!

By netstars22,

Works intially Easy to apply Stops working within one tube I bought this to help with my acne, and within the use of a tube, a lot of my breakouts cleared. Halfway into the second tube, though, it stopped working completely.

By netstars22,

Great for bacne Gel Ruined my favorite shirt Doesn't dry quickly enough I used this for my bacne, and it helped a lot. I had to stop using it because it dried my skin up a lot. I now use something else for my body acne.

By netstars22,

Somewhat works Cleanser smells good After a few days, cleanser burns Made my skin super dry and sensitive!! I thought I would use this (not the solutions pack, just the cleanser and treatment), to help with my acne. The first three days, my skin felt fine. After that, washing with the cleanser burned, and the treatment started to burn, too. At the start of my second week, my skin had gotten so dry and irritated, I had to stop this system. I am now following the Regimen to some degree (

By netstars22,

can be used as an in-shower mask creamy lathery stops working after use of two tubes sticks badly to hair (even after rinsing) On my skin, it worked at first, but then it just stopped working for my skin. I say to try it out.

×